/ndg/ - Nier/Drakengard General #52

>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

best girls did nothing wrong edition

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>[Official NieR:Automata page]
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

>[DRAKENGARD/NIER COLLECTION ARCHIVE] - World Guides, Novellas, Lore, etc.
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

>[PC Troubleshooting]
pastebin.com/qEZD3VLJ

>[NieR:Automata Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia] - Untranslated, use Chrome
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>[/ndg/ Downloads Pastebin] - Ripped OST, Lewds, Steam Reskin
pastebin.com/YWG8irCu

>[NieR: Automata Mining and Moddin Steam Group]
steamcommunity.com/groups/nierMnM

>[Nier Automata Lossless OST + Bonus HACKING TRACKS Disc]
mega.nz/#F!xpND2ZQI!SGnaDUc7MW5VDCJ4B9q4xA
mega.nz/#F!ppsjEICJ!SH2WwEAxnsQd99rZfN6u8Q
PASSWORD=hikaru

English track list
vgmdb.net/album/65091

Previous Thread:

First for N2 a cute!

>"Rejoice, YoRHa No. 9 Type S. Your wish will finally come true."

2B9S ARE BEST COUPLE!

Just got ending E

Why was this hyped up so much this ending was bullshit? I was expecting an epic final boss but it was just a cheap credits shooter minigame. And then the save deletion thing that Taro has already used before.

A is the best ending desu

how bad is near atomato without a controller?

I need fanart of Pod 042 taking A2 on a dinner date

Lol

Sorry you didn't like it

Hahahaha

What does Stun value mean? I don't understand what Stun Up does exactly.

not too bad
evasion is slightly fucked up, because double-tap-w/a/s/d sometimes failed
you are restricted to 8 directions in top-down-shooter sequences, but that's a small inconvenience
no debug mode for you tho

imagine being a person who posts this shit

Two or three times during the game, the Commander expresses her worry/gratitude toward 2B and 9S SPECIFICALLY, even when YoRHa members are involved somehow. Is this and the part where 2B gets really intense over Commander sinking with the ship just ways of create muh cinema, or does it mean those three have a more special relationship?

For example, when you kill the two Engels machines assaulting the city near the beginning of the game and one of them smashes the ground to reveal the alien ship, the commander responds with "The aliens who haven't shown themselves in hundreds of years...". That sentence is obviously there just to make a cinematic moment easier to understand.

So we can all agree that the first Nier is superior right? Better story, characters, world, twist. Automata has slightly better combat but it still ends up being a chore like the first game since it's easy as fuck with the dodge spamming and healing items. Anyways It just feels like there was barely any character development compared to Nier. I didn't even feel anything when 2B died.

But Emil's questline absolutely destroyed me. Definitely the best part in the entire game.

Yeah, it was really limp but at this point LE FEELS memes have overridden any sort of honest criticism of Taro's work. He's hit that tipping point where people respond to his work in the way they think they're expected to rather than because it made them feel that way.

whats the most efficient way of farming large gears?

Yep. That about sums it up. Would've been hard to dethrone the [everything that isn't gameplay] of Nier, so it's especially a shame that the combat in Automata, the only thing that had a damn good chance of outshining the original, is only marginally better.

Nah.

Don't be mean. Everyone needs a little 2B and 9S in their lives.

I liked the story stuff in the first nier better but I thought the style of this was way better. Machines are way more memorable visually than the shades and even if the actual fights weren't the best thing most of the bosses were really interesting to look at. Also the music was better overall even though my favorite tracks are still from the original.

oh

>implying the bosses in Nier weren't waaaaay more memorable

i need the full image. fuck this world.

The amount of cute art those two are getting is through the roof.

On an emotional level yes, but I think they look worse overall, it's completely a matter of opinion.

Shove your greentext up your ass, it's not like automata is bad just because it isn't the original.

I found it completely unplayable but that's just me. I'm sure if you fuck with the key bindings enough it's tolerable.

not enough to satify me autism.
need
fucking
more

For the most part aside from a couple exceptions. Simone for example is more memorable than anything in the first game.

That is the full image. Unfortunately.

I know. Have another one.

I wouldn't say more memorable than anything in the first, but you're right, hers is an excellent design.

No, it's bad in its own right.

you can impose some restrictions on combat so it would feel more fun tho. no dodge spamming, for example. I was somewhat thrilled when I fought Big Machine Father Servo underleveled and without dodge spam, because that fag could OHKO me and I had to put 10-15 minutes of slashing and stabbing to put him down
I was retarded enough not to notice or remember parry tutorial in MGR:Revengeance, so I got through the game without it's most crucial mechanic. it was still very fun
combat mechanics are actually fun in this game, that's a plus
in terms of story and characters - Taro told you that story was shit, it's your problem that your expectations were high
9S's story was entertaining enough to watch tho

lol I knew this was gonna be my favorite part of automata's release is all the nier 1 fanboys clamoring to be as hipster as possible in how much the ADORE nier over automata

also automata gave me nice amount of feels (in addition to fun combat) because I liked most of the characters so I'm pretty much satisfied with it

Oh shit you're right

There's actually nothing good at all about automata, man I can't believe I thought some of it was good lol

Thanks for correcting me my man!

hipstershits who can't enjoy more than one thing at a time and want to be as much of a contrarian garbage as possible are a usual sign around these parts, just ignore poor bastards

thanks user you have extended my life for about 10 minutes. Any drawfags here wanting to drawn them doing lewd things? nude handholding on bed

>handholding
you sick bastard

>H-Hipsters!
Sad that people are trotting this tired old insult out in current year.

Automata was my first foray into the series and it's a massive disappointment in basically every regard.

How does 9S hacking work to control enemies? I don't think I've ever seen the option outside a few times

>Automata was my first foray into the series and it's a massive disappointment in basically every regard.
Why were your standards so exceptionally high for a taro game? You're literally fucking retarded kid, don't ever reply to me again.

You have to sneak up on them, once they detect you the only option is to damage them.

You're a disappointment to your mom

You can't do it after they've noticed you. Gotta be stealthy

The machine you want cannot be aggro'd to you.
Doing that gives you all the extra hack options.

yo sneak that shit, snake

you need to hack something before it notices you
but here's a thing - you can hack weak robot and use it to hack stronger

That's pretty lewd request, user.

Is there a relation between the Logic Virus of the machines and the Red Eye disease? Or is Taro simply using similar motifs but with no connection between them?

>Why were your standards so exceptionally high for a taro game?
You're literally fucking retarded if you think people wouldn't have high expectations for the most highly esteemed action game developer in the industry. To argue otherwise is seriously fucking stupid. Taro's hackneyed writing is par for the course, I'll admit.

>Taro simply using similar motifs but with no connection between them
yes

It's a bit overwhelming. I could browse the stuff for hours and there'd still be truckloads more that I'd never get to see.

When can you start killing the rabbit in the amusement park? Even during route C it didn't seem to do anything

>most highly esteemed action game developer in the industry
you're actually fucking retarded for believing this? platinum? the most highly esteemed action game developer in the industry? are you fucking kidding me? fuck off back to /v/eddit

It's doubly convenient because the red eye flash has been a thing for Platinum since MGR.

proxy hacking will do the thing
prepare your ass for metal rabbit dick

that because they are a really lovely couple and they suffered a lot, now they deserve to be happy together.

Simone and Eve were the best boss fights imo.

Shadowlord is one of my favorite boss fights of all time though, the actual combat was shit but the music, the dialogue, the Weiss. Dad vs dad, the emotion was just on another level.

You're actually fucking retarded for ending a declarative statement with a question mark? Their name is synonymous with quality, unless you're gonna argue that some plebshit dev has more clout than them, in which case yeah, I can see your taste being that shitty.

>go back to vee / plebbit tier insults
Oh shit you're legitimately retarded, I'm so sorry.

>go back to vee / plebbit tier insults
>gets mad at improper punctuation
Literally worse than /v/eddit tier insults because you're some pseudo grammar nazi on an azerbaijini ham radio enthusiast image board now listen to what I say and never reply to me again you fuck faced nigger I don't want to hear your retarded fucking statements about how much platinum cock you gargle and I fucked your mom

>2014: "I spent 20 years and I failed"

>2017:

Man this is so heartwarming.

>Platinum
>descended from Clover, developer of some of the most highly lauded action games ever made
>creators of genre-defining game Bayonetta
>not one of, if not THE, most highly esteemed action game developers in the industry
You're a joke, kid.

>t-they're from clover so all they're games are masterpieces and literally impeccable
please shut the fuck up you make actual platinum fans embarrassed

The machines seem to have assimilated a lot of Project Gestalt's essential data and have used it to create simulations within the network. I suppose it might be possible that they had at least partially simulated the White Chlorination Syndrome as well. And that could have been used to develop some logic viruses.

There's a lot of ifs and maybes in that line of thought, though.

H-he's going to make it right guys?

Y'know you're here every thread.

I respect that.

How in the hell do you have time for that though?

Hell yeah.

Clinking is prohibited

>Weiß are you OK?!
>I'm fine, I'm fine... Okay... no, I'm not.

I feel like I'm really just here for the handholding
I didn't expect this game to be such a romance

I've seen the presentation and I wonder if he still thinks he has failed. Some part of me hopes he does and gets an offer to make another game.

I want to see how far he can go.

>ywn get drunk with devpop
why live

I hope this means DLCs.

not drawfag but here

Auguste's "arc" sort of doesn't sit right with me. It's a very cute thing at the start of the game and something to chuckle at during the Route C opening, but him and his brothers then popping up on the God Box to fight 9S/A2 felt a wee bit random. Within the story, I don't see his motivation for going after them. It's not like he has a reason to get revenge on 9S. It could be the network funneling machines towards the Resource Gathering Stations, but then he still feels like a sort of random boss thrown in there after the more dramatic and narratively significant 21O/21B.

Thematically I can only think of relatively weak reasons, like Auguste and his brothers being a sort of familial unit and how 21O dying ruined 9S' chances of becoming a family with her, or Auguste basically being there to rub it in his face that, despite him denying their brotherhood at the start of Route B, they did pull through and became a force to contend with (even though A2 then kills them anyway.) Both of these are grasping at straws, but I can't think of something else I'm afraid.

Thoughts?

what's bad about Nier combat then? I think it's pretty clever the mechanics and stuff. maybe not for 9s, but.

I'm off from work, silly. Sometimes I post from my phone.

Auguste wanted to tap that A2booty

It's a tragic love story that ends on extremely surprising happy end.
Which is something i completely didn't expect from Taro.

I haven't really given it much thought but it just seems to be there to fuck with the player even more.

Seemed a bit out of place, I agree.

Still stands that it makes sense that the "family machine" showed up when 9S had to kill his big sis/mom.

It's N2 trolling 9S by showing that both machines and androids seek a familial bond, even though such a thing is meaningless for them.

>you will never, NEVER, get drunk with Taro, Kamiya, Ueda and Toyama

I feel like I completely missed what his deal was. Did Auguste show up beforehand? I thought it was just some random robot with an oniichan spiel to make you feel bad about killing something

Towers are the personal hell for 9S.
N2 tested how 9S will react on death of a person who wanted to form a family with him, then wanted to test how he will react on killing another family.

Did you play Route B?

The very opening was a fucking 5 minute sequence with Auguste and one of his brothers.

he was the robot that you get oil for when you play as the stubby

I didn't connect the dots at all, is that the only time he shows up or is there something more to it?

Someone got speeding ticket.

Is there an upload for a 320 version of the OST and Hacking Tracks?

Speaking of bosses. What are the names based on and has anybody figured out some meaning there? Marx and Engels is obvious, but not so much the meaning.

Who's Auguste based on? Auguste Rodin?

Is Taro just fucking with us with the names?

He also shows up very briefly at the start of Route C when you're flying back down to earth.

>I didn't connect the dots at all
If you look around during route B you can see his 'arms' lying nearby.

convert lossless ost to mp3 if you want 320

He shows up at the start of Route B during that segment, you can even see the flying machines that later become his arms lying around him. You can also see him during the opening of Route C, pic related. And then he shows up in the God Box after A2 kills 21O. That's it, as far as I know.

As you can see, the two times he pops up he himself doesn't really matter too much, but then he shows up directly after a really important plot point.

Here's my interpretation of the fist clench.
In ending A/B 2B is unwilling to kill 9S because the 9S that exists now will die.
During the prologue she shows no hesitation with the black box and I think this is because she essentially gets to die with him.
When she finds out that only she gets to keep her memories, it takes that away from her and it's just another death of 9S that she has to live with.

Considering how Simone and Jean-Paul are cheeky critiques of their namesakes, They probably all have a hidden meaning.

>Marx and Engels is obvious, but not so much the meaning.

Marx is a part of Engels. The Engels you reactivate realized how horrible his actions were now that he broke away from the network.

Think about it.

Why are lolis with deep male voices so perfect?

>N2 tested how 9S will react on death of a person who wanted to form a family with him, then wanted to test how he will react on killing another family.

Seems to be the most legit reason.

Yeah, now I remember. He said he killed a shitload of androids and regretted it. Yeah, I guess it makes sense, kinda.

wheres the best place to farm machine arms