/edg/scg/ Star Citizen Elite: Dangerous general #149

give us the space legs/3.0 edition

Previous dad: Elite: Dangerous information:
pastebin.com/AEU0TuVt
Be aware, Thargroids are currently grabbing ships out of witchspace with unknown intentions. it is advised you shoot the fuck out of them whenever possible.
>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos
>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Other urls found in this thread:

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm29850013
reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/63f7jt/posting_with_mod_permission_my_9_year_old_niece/?st=j14cx0yu&sh=b230726d
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for dad exterminatus

2nd for SPACE LEGS

when

Elite dangerous the anime

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm29850013

glad to see we all made it, o7.

why you gotta start shit so early in the thread? You know where, ten minutes.

Literally LITERALLY never.

Where did "space legs" even originate

Because I'm being told that it was never promised or even alluded to, just assumed

ITT let's predict Star Citizen metacritic reviews.

4/10 - not playing again until this crap gets patched

So basically, your character dies and you lose all your progress and have to create another character and start all over again. What is this crap? Diablo was like 20 years ago or whatever.

There is no sense of progression, no reward system, no investment in to character, no point in doing any reputation stuff because it gets wiped on death.

Iron sights. Enough said. What is this crap? This isn't 2002. And why does the gun jerk all over the screen when firing? How come they have laser based weapons and yet can't find anything to reduce recoil of ballistics?

Oh and don't get me started on this grind bullshit. Hundreds of millions of credits to buy the big fun ships, and the shit elitist community with the "only my org should have access to good stuff" mentality.

Annoying animations. No, I don't want to watch my character get out of bed every time I log in. And I don't think it's interesting to watch a cutscene of walking up some steps to get in my ship.

Also, it takes too long to get anywhere. You're basically stuck in one part of the game unless you spend like 20 hours jumping and refueling to get to a more interesting star system.

It's been alluded to in writing before, but then again Frontier is pretty shit at actually confirming or properly describing upcoming functions in the game until very shortly before release.

>The Imperial Clipper only has a little over a 100 more shields than a Viper MkIV with A generators on both
Why is this ship so shit

>Frontier is pretty shit at actually confirming or properly describing functions in the game
didn't need much, but ftfy

It used to be pretty boss but like everything fdev does some variable go completely unaccounted for.

Any idea on if the Vanguard BUKs will be readily available in game?

Just bought the game, what should I launch, Elite Dangerous or Horizons ?

Add or Remove Programs

Always Horizons. The other mode is for if you don't have Horizons. Idk why it's still there.

Alright, does it inculdes the main game ?

yeah, Horizons is everything. The other is just the vanilla game.

Thanks pal.

I will never understand why so many people think iron sights are a bad thing.

>54kb

inefficient

mostly for my hover zoom friendos

Probably more some people just don't like the slowdown it can potentially introduce, and the fact that seemingly every game uses them nowdays because they call want to cash in on the cowwadoots crowd

Iron sights slow the game down dramatically.

Thats not an inherently bad thing

I understand how that might be a problem in something like Quake or Unreal Tournament but that sounds like a non-issue in large scale, slower paced games.

SC is more of a tactical shooter than an arena shooter. Boarding a ship should be more like a round of Counterstrike or Rainbow Six than a round of Overwatch. If you really disagree with that then I don't know what to say to you.

I just described why people dislike iron sights.

on one hand I hate EA for making garbage games and ruining every studio they buy. On the other hand, I can not get enough Ryder memes.

Bioware can't patch the vintage, oak barrel aged autism that this game will be giving us for a long, long time.

ME:A is a mere premonition of the horrors that we will face in the SC character editor, so laugh it up while you can hombre

I'm curious if I can genuinely offend someone using only a character creator. Any shithead can be Hitler69lolufaget, I want someone to report me because I made a character so offensively ugly that it ruined their game experience. I'll use some generic name for the character, like whatever the default suggests.

You won't even be allowed to make ridiculous shit like the clownface of ME:A, because that triggers Chris to no end

You know what to do, user.

fucking hell it's been 11 years

>people defending iron sights
You're just slow. Your reactions are probably terrible since you're a dad. You want slow gameplay.

"PO's closed" when?

You want TF2 in space because you're underage.

See how easy that was?

they became a meme because games that had them would introduce arbitrary bullet spread unless you were looking down them. we know SC doesn't do this, so it doesn't matter as much.

>You want TF2 in space because you're underage.
No, I want optic sights and skill. You want iron sights and camping, because you're slow.

Halo ruined fps games

t. FaZe fan

"Whoa hold on there, this TTK is way too low, I'm getting shot left, right and centre. I swear I even set my mouse sensitivity to 600, everyone is a cheater"

That is actually a reasonable answer.
I can see how that's a problem.
As long as you don't introduce stupid shit like that though iron sights is simply the most realistic way to do it so I just can't wrap my head around why people would hate them.

Iron sights simply marked the end of fast-paced arena shooters and the beginning of endlessly slow casual console shooters with kill streaks, death streaks and generally badly designed everything.

There were plenty of "fast paced arena shooters", people just didn't buy them.

Its not really the fault of ironsights and similar features if people just stop being interested in Quake.

So you dislike them not for being bad but for being generally associated with bad practices?
Also what is the better alternative to iron sights? Just 24/7 hip fire?

>Just 24/7 hip fire?
Non-intrusive optics, hip fire, and it would be interesting to see independent firing from torso orientation, like swinging your arms around like holding down ctrl while aiming.

>muh huge iron sights and slow """tactical""" gameplay

Nobody said it's the fault of iron sights, it's just that iron sights are the common factor of such games. Of course it's actually the dumbass no-skill console audience lapping up bad game design and not wanting to play games that have "nothing to unlock".
I just explained that iron sights are iconic for those games, not that I like or dislike them myself.

>Non-intrusive optics
When people say "ironsights" you realize they don't actually mean just literal irons, right

Its a shorthand for ADS, be that reflex, holo, whatever.

The difference between that and actual ironsights is absolutely nothing, however. I have no clue what you're even talking about at this point

>swinging your arms around while firing a weapon
Wew, good thing you're not involved in any game's development cause that's just plain retarded.
As for "non intrusive optics and hip fire" first I don't get what's intrusive about iron sights, you can just make the animation really quick, and the whole criticism is sounding a lot like Quake players who never got over the fact that FPS games moved away from superfast arena shooters to realistic, slower paced games.
Pretty much a non-issue.

>cause that's just plain retarded
Thanks for your blog update. You're wrong, but it's OK.

Literally what purpose would that serve? It's completely pointless and would be impossible to control comfortably, except in VR games obviously.

You literally want the player to stop turning in favor of aiming inside of his currently visible window. That's just bad.
Red Orchestra 2 actually has something like that and it makes hip fire completely useless.

He's retarded, stop replying

Almost expect him to praise Jurassic Park Trespasser's system soon

What ships did you guys buy

Did anyone buy a constellation

There are people ranging from just Auroras to >$2000 in here, user

>It's completely pointless
>except
Don't ask stupid questions before answering yourself.

>You literally want the player to stop turning in favor of aiming inside of his currently visible window
No I don't. These threads are getting more and more stupid as time passes. As all the actual Veeky Forums backers go quiet, and all the retarded reddit posters flood in with their shitty "only i can be right" attitude. Stop posting, just leave my games alone. Stop ruining communities.

>with their shitty "only i can be right" attitude

>Stop posting, just leave my games alone. Stop ruining communities.

What the fuck are you even talking about, Schizo

Too many. SH, Khartu, Crucible, Prowler, Polaris, Dragonfly, Vanguard Sentinel, Redeemer[\spoiler]

I did but I upgraded it to the Crucible[\spoiler]

>No I don't.
It's literally what you described here, you fucking retard:
>and it would be interesting to see independent firing from torso orientation, like swinging your arms around like holding down ctrl while aiming.
So you hold down Ctrl and your mouse is now controlling your arms instead of your torso. What does that mean for the torso? It remains pointing in the same direction. Fucking mongoloid.

Well I fucked that spoiler up. Picture seems super relevant now.

>It's literally what you described here
No, you're extrapolating a bunch of nonsense without understanding. You're a shit poster. Stop replying to me.

Then articulate yourself better, you mentally eternal 5 year old.

Have you considered that he doesn't understand (or anyone else) because you didn't explain yourself properly and you're now having a massive autistic meltdown because what you wrote comes across exactly how he's describing?

Not everything that calls out out is a shitpost.

300i -> 325a -> Cutlass Black -> Stayed with Cutlass because I like it so much. I've thought about bumping up to an Aquila but I want to see the rework first.

>you mentally eternal 5 year old.
>you fucking retard:
>Fucking mongoloid.
>Schizo
>He's retarded, stop replying
>Wew
>I have no clue what you're even talking about
>Any shithead can be Hitler69lolufaget

I wonder why thread quality is suffering.

What's that thing where people are full of shit but think they're great? Dunning–Kruger effect. 72 posts in to the thread and you've already filled it with cancer.

Shitposting and dadposting is the only thing that keeps these threads alive since there's so little to talk about until an update

try answering
Before you continue your little tirade.

Every one of those posts was entirely justified and correct

Let the thread die, and let ED posters discuss their game. I can't share a thread any more with these shitposting SC redditors.

>actually complaining about harsh language on Veeky Forums

>
>you mentally eternal 5 year old.
>
>>you fucking retard:
>
>>Fucking mongoloid.
>
>>Schizo
>
>>He's retarded, stop replying
>
>>Wew
>
>>I have no clue what you're even talking about
>
>>Any shithead can be Hitler69lolufaget

>I wonder why thread quality is suffering.

>What's that thing where people are full of shit but think they're great? Dunning–Kruger effect. 72 posts in to the thread and you've already filled it with cancer.

+1

>tfw you are only mentioned once even though you had way better shitposts itt.

>oh no people are responding to my shit and I can't refute them back!
>better just call everything cancer and show my intellectual superiority by (ironically) citing Dunning-Kruger

what's the best ship and loadout to gank people before they can highwake

Yuri Grom's Dadkiller missiles.

>having this much of a superiority complex that you shit on an established, working game mechanic and propose one that sounds utterly useless and counterintuitive, accuse everyone who dislikes it of not understanding it, call everyone shitposters, tell them to stop replying to you, and finally go on a tirade about how everyone else is a stupid redditard with a superiority complex

>hurr durr ironsights ruined and casualised shooters

No, you bumbling retard. You almost had it though, CONSOLES ruined shooters. There are plenty of modern and recent shooters, incorporating iron sights, which are fast paced and what you would call "hard core".

BMM when?

We might as well rename this general to Failed Space Game Revival or /fsgrg/

So what's the deal with the Elite Dangerous Multicrew payout nerfs?

Logically shouldn't they be boosting earnings to encourage people to use their new feature? Are they just trying to set a record for most dead on arrival content updates?

they did it because ENTITLED MILENNIAL CHILDREN should NOT be able to just SKIP the ALL IMPORTANT early game GRIND, so they can LEARN THE GAME

besides, why play the game just to GRIND for cash?

t. dad

Why don't you go play that pokeman game on your phone like all the other space cadets I almost run over on my delivery route every day? I don't see why it's such a big deal to meet up with your friends for real in game if you want to team up on their ship, it's only logical.

>So what's the deal with the Elite Dangerous Multicrew payout nerfs?

Same thing they do Every. Single. Patch.

Novice player crew pay: 5%
Novice NPC crew pay: 6%

lel

This discussion supports my belief that FD are some of the greatest Visionaries in gaming. And also some of the worst coders.

They have great ideas.....but they dont have the programing skill to implement their vision (or make it run without crashing or disconnecting every 5 minutes).

They also have their priorities twisted. I read that FD had "a whole team working on the cmdr creator for over a year". This seemed like a gross misappropriation of resources considering how many other areas of the game could have benefited from that extra manpower(milticrew especially). But they saw the potential to make more money without actually providing anything meaningful or gameplay related(or fixing what was broken). So....dont worry......multicrew may be a shadow of what was promised......but they made sure you can buy a 5 dollar colored jacket for your cmdr.....and dont forget the tattoos.......BAKA

>when you exploit a community multiple times out of money for your "sick child"
>when reddoo mods are so cucked they let you do it
reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/63f7jt/posting_with_mod_permission_my_9_year_old_niece/?st=j14cx0yu&sh=b230726d
Posted by that retard StupidQuestionBot

This is disgusting.

>makes a post on a subreddit of a community known to spend tons of money
>I totally need help guise bls donate
>somehow people agree with him

Is anyone playing Hellion? I've been watching some YT to figure it out. I'm going to get my docking on then mine some shit.

Mining is worthless unless you have a large group.