Why do people buy Acura?

Why do people buy Acura?

To not be flashy and still have a really comfortable luxury car that won't always break down?

>Acura
>luxury

m8, they're just Hondas with leather

They sure are comfortable and luxurious enough.

Doesn't Lexus already do that, just better?

Confirming dubs, Lexus is better in every way imaginable.

Because they want a Honda but still want leather and not being associated with vaping ricer kids.

most of their cars aren't rebadged Toyotas though

>IS series
own platform
>RC series
own platform
>GS series
own platform
>LS series
own platform
>RX series
own platform
>NX series
rav4
>LC series
own platform
>LX 570
rebadged toyota land cruiser
>GX 460
rebadged 4runner

so 3 vehicles out of their 9 offerings are rebadged

literally every vehicle in Acura's line up is a rebadged Honda

>MDX
rebadged Pilot
>TLX
rebadged Accord
>ILX
rebadged Civic
>RDX
rebadged CR-V
>RLX
>rebadged Accord w/ longer wheelbase
>NSX
own platform

so 1 vehicle (its halo car) is unique while everything else is a rebadged honda

forgot to add the ES series for lexus, which is a rebadged camry. So 4/9 rebadged vs. 5/6

and the es
and the hs

the gx is a prado

and the ct*

I added in the ES with my comment after it.

The HS isn't sold in the States

The Prado and 4runner are built on the same platform and are related

CT is discontinued

>Acura
I'm wondering which nation are the biggest badge whores.

Why won't they even try to make a flagship?

>rebadged
Same platform sure but they sure as hell aren't just Hondas with leather

Why do people buy Audi? They're just rebadged VWs with leather.

this is actually correct
All Acura buyers are former German luxury consumers that got tired of shit-tier reliability. Acura is OK. Lexus is still king tho.

Because people want a VW with leather and upgraded interior.

Do you really think a fully loaded Jetta or Passat is just as luxurious as an A4? Same materials, no difference?

half of Audi's lineup is built on other platforms and even the ones that aren't, like the RS3, are wildly better than anything under the Volkswagen badge

Audi is also the highest rated car brand in terms of customer satisfaction

because petit-bourg americans are too dumb and do not feel special driving a Honda

100% this. And Lexus does do it better, theyre just a lot more expensive, Acura has fallen off but they used to offer great value vs Lexus. When I got my TL I had the choice between it, a not as refined G35, The GS460 was out of my budget, the IS350s inside is tiny compared, the GS300 was underpowered and it cost around the same as a TL for less power.

When I was looking at cars, I saw a lot of reviews about ridiculous prices for simple shit like timing belt replacements, People stay away from BMW for shit like that

I was just looking at an Edmunds consumer review for a BMW 1-series and this dude said he paid $4,500 to replace both headlights.

Lexus > Acura > Infiniti

Never been impressed with Infiniti interiors. My friend owns one of their larger SUV's and the leather is kind of wack. My IS350 just passed 75k miles and the leather still looks great. I don't even clean it. Nothing.

You're right about the small interior though. I'm only 5'10" and feel like I barely fit.

The older RDX turbos hauled ass

On;y the ILX is terrible as it needs a lot of rework and I'm not sure what the RLX is suppose to be competing against.

Their SUV is pretty top tier and it nice enough they are trying to fix the TLX as seen by the refresh model they just releases this month.

to show they have true class unlike all the plebs driving Honda

Infiniti is cool because they are sports cars for dads that have their lives together.

Stock twin turbos and paddle shifters lol if Infiniti just did some stick shift models I would buy one brand new but here I am in a 240sx that I spent 15k on making a clean reliable daily driver that I can do donuts in.

Fellow is350 owner here, I test drove a 2016 ilx and Mercedes c300 (previously owned a c300) before buying it but absolutely fell in love with the IS within 5 minutes of driving it, I'm also 6'1" and the interior space doesn't bother me

I wish it had more back space, need space for a car seat, Its ridiculously fast and handles great if a tad numb, im surprised more people dont have them, the 2008~ models are mid 13 cars

I just really like the acura badge desu

Why? It looks like a fucking clothes pin.

I can't explain it but i appreciate it much more than the honda logo.

It just looks pleasing to me whether it looks like a Le Clothing Pin or not

>I wish it had more back space
Back seats are tight for sure. My 5'6" sister complained about it.

>need space for a car seat
No worries here. I'm careful where I put my cum.

>Its ridiculously fast
It is pretty damn quick. Only car I've ever lost to was a 5.0 Mustang (11-14)

>handles great if a tad numb
This is actually an area of disappointment for me. Too much body roll, even after I installed F-Sport sway bars. My mom's Mazda 3 is honestly more fun to drive.

>im surprised more people dont have them
Rarely see other 350's on the road. Always 250's it seems. Spotted an IS F in the wild once or twice.

Rebadged avalon now.

It is just the Honda badge flipped upside down.

No

The LC is pretty Halo-ish IMO.

Because they're Asian and want to look better than their friends in their Honda's but are too cheap to pay the maintenance on a Lexus or German luxury car.

>Lexus
>high maintenance costs
?????

dont worry some faggot busrider is parroting something he heard a nigger suffering from a predatory loan said about his used ES300 with 275k miles on jt but skipped multiple oil changes and still running stock timing belt somehow.

>Why do AMERICANS buy Acura?
ftfy

Americans are dumb enough to think that Acura is not a Honda and is more prestigious. Lelmao, bunch of cucks.

Because Audi is quite different from VW. While it shares lots of stuff and IS basically a Volkswagen, it offers more variety of features and options. Passat doesn't have bazillion seat options, like Audi has. Audi offers Sline, and VW doesn't have anything like this. Designs are nowhere near to be the same. Now take a look at Honda and Acura - it is literally the fucking same.

>Audi offers Sline, and VW doesn't have anything like this
I've been seeing a lot of """"R-Line"""" VWs around lately.

Golf only. Also R-Line offers much much less than what S-line has.

r line passat
r line beetle
r line cc
r line cc replacement

I didn't know Honda's had dual clutch transmissions in their cars.

So 2nd year accountants can show up to work in something other than an econobox to impress the hot intern.

Size

That's it.

My TSX felt like a large car after driving the IS.

They do pull extremely hard with that glorious 3.5L v6 up front.

I have two child seats now, so I drive an LS now, but I secretly desire the IS.

Americans buy Acura because they know it IS an Honda. Honda reliability is a major selling point.

>her hurr Americans still so dumb,