/acg/ Armored Core General: Never Dead Edition

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#

Am I going to have to wait for AC6 to come out before this gets bumped?

No.

>mfw when LR uses some fucking weird sigmoid formula for it's boost acceleration stat, but the accel numbers are so close together that you never notice it in normal play.

>mfw your falling speed is based on your boost speed, even when not boosting

>mfw I can pull frame by frame data finally but it still doesn't answer how boost accel really works

I want the corporate shills to leave. This is a free merc zone.

After some playing with the code, here's my best guess guys:

Boost accel is a sigmoid function where it spits out a % of your max speed to use for the next frame, to determine actual speed the game just multiplies that by your weight/power ratio (keep in mind that each unit of unused leg cap weight subtracts 0.15 from that "effective" weight, aka, underweighting)

Boost speed is based on 2 curves

Curve 1: 0 to 80% of listed max boost speed
Curve 2: 80 to 100.99% of listed max boost speed

Curve 1 correlates linearly with boost accel. 2x accel = 1/2 number of frames to reach to 80% max power
Curve 2 does seem to make as much sense. It seems like there's a minimum amount of frames and higher accel only makes a few frames difference. While I can't figure out how it determines this, it's relatively neglible since

Here's some numbers:
5034 accel: ~11 frames to 80% power, 17 frames from 80% to 101% power
2676 accel ~20 frames to 80% power, 21 frames from 80% to 101% power
1678 Accel ~32 frames to 80% power, 22 frames from 80% to 101% power

So it looks like the number of frames to 80% power is ~53500 / Accel, with some unknown function after that.

Bump

New namefag?

Live.

Last bump from me.

Can someone help me out? whenever I use firefox, I get massive amounts of disk usage. It's so weird. but it only happens once in a while, and when I close firefox, it ends instantly. But I pretty much have to restart my comp because whenever I relaunch firefox it starts up the high disk usage, even if I'm not doing anything.

anyone else having that problem?

So was that Armored Core 6/ Armored Core 20th page just a cruel April Fools joke?

The purple/blue countdown thing? Yes. Just take a look at the page's source code, and it becomes pretty obvious it's fan-made.

Should I kill myself then?

If you really think that will make you feel better, I won't stop you.

Someone did the same thing last year.

Ironically this was before they actually confirmed that it was being worked on. Though we have no idea if it will be cancelled, delayed, etc. Could just be a few employees in a room being forced to stay until they're forced to quit.

Just fuck my shit up. I just want my robots on steam since I got tricked into being a pee cee master race.

There's always emulation. Everything AC pre-AC4 is pretty well emulated on a half-decent PC.

But muh next gen graffix and controls

You can upscale on emulators, and run at higher framerates. Also, I'm fairly certain you can run texture remaps with higher resolution textures, though, I'm not sure how to do so myself. As for controls, all AC games already let you remap your entire control scheme. It's just a matter of figuring out what buttons in-game correlate to your keyboard/gamepad buttons.

I fail to see the issue.

texture remaps for AC might be really difficult since the games are stored as compressed ISOs and there's no uncompressed versions available. The textures aren't stored as image files but are part of the parts lists/stats. It's not like a PC game where all the textures are stored as images somewhere in the install folder.

The hardest part about emulating AC on PC is getting a controller to work and finding a comfy control scheme. But then again, that's the hardest part about most PS2 AC games.

also framerate increasing is probably a nightmare to patch because SO many of the games stats are frame-dependent.

However, everything else you said is true, and the games upscale really well. Even though the textures are low res, since most of it is polygonal it looks pretty good in 1080p or 2k.

Alright lads I have two days in San Francisco, first time in the USA, probably won't be back in a long time.

What are the things I absolutely have to do/see/eat before I leave? The more American the better.

Eat at a Whataburger or In-and-Out.

How is 3 compared to 4? I've had apprehension about trying it because 3 is a generation behind so I'm assuming it won't be very good and thus not worth trying given the action gameplay with worse technology. Retarded state of mind, I know.

It's nice to dream user

3rd generation is the pinnacle of the series. 4 and 5 experiment a little too much and, while they're still good games, they don't master their crafts.

Happens to me a lot too. This is basically meme tier advice, but try disabling some addons and see if it helps any. I got rid of a few that I never use and it fixed most of the problem for me. Also try to avoid having ten billion tabs open, but that's a given for basically any browser.

Get a Big Mac at McDonalds. In fact, I think they have a more retarded version called the Grand Mac now if you want to go full madman. McDonalds is shit. Burger King is way better but won't be as memetic since nobody cares about them.

Bruh. I just finished AC3 a couple days ago (I'm doing the postgame content now). It's basically like the AC1 era games (which are amazing and worth playing too) but with a ton of new features. And supposedly it gets even better the closer you get to Last Raven. You can easily emulate the PSP ports of the AC3 games even on a toaster, so it's definitely worth giving a try.

You might want to give the PS1 games a try first though, since it might be hard to go back once you play AC3. The only major difference between the two are the graphics, otherwise they play almost exactly the same (excluding the new part types and minor features that get added in the newer games). There's also the fact that 4-5 plays almost nothing at all like 1-3, so you can't even really compare them that much.

I hope you blogpostingfaggots realised to use Railguns.
Stack 4 on your ACs.
Get with your buddies to create a volley of railgun fire.

for a reason, by how death the game is, I find hilarious that someone take the effort to make this fake AC6 stuff.

>San Fran
Screw that, come to Texas.
Anyway, disregard Whataburger, that crap is mediocre. Look for local joints that aren't part of a national franchise, that's where the good stuff is. I'll bet there's also some good Mexican food considering the proximity to the border. Go find a taqueria. Might even visit a paleteria, but don't bother getting anything individually packaged, that stuff's lame. If they make their own ice cream, get some of that or some lemonade. Mexican lemonade is good stuff. Usually. Be on the lookout for a panaderia, Mexican pastries are awesome. Especially empanadas.
Consider looking for an Outback Steakhouse, might give you a good laugh.
Honestly, I can't really speak much to California, so that's about all I can think of.
Alpaca a cute. Beaver a cutest.
Clear cookies/cache.
Update.
Screw addons. You don't really need anything more than some kind of ad blocker and an epub reader.

And now we have to wait for a movie, man I wanst pleased with that ending.

Can you make one from grey wolf or Jaguar?

Btw, I found some interesting parallels withing McGillis and Maggy.

Will try. Thanks mates.

Ending's mostly fine, it was just the show being shit at getting to the point the ending made.

I agree on the serie being shit, it has a lot o potential but didnt use it, but still, with the whole theme of "the life of child soldier" and how much shit about reaching a point were they could stop fighting, with all that shit that happened at the ends, I wasnt really satisfied with it.

All friends are wonderful, but I think y'all need to spell T S U C H I N O K O

>KSHAAA

>DANSLEIFS WIN LOL

fuck this show, I rather watch SEED while eating nails and drinking lava.

>liking Tsuchinoko

I didnt expect to find someone with superb taste.

*blocks your path*

despise all the bullshit that WH40K pulls out, could a sole Dreadnought really take down The Answerer?

Oh, and Frame Arms Girl has started.
The CG is bad and it's a massive commercial, but I actually want to see episode 2. Kill me.

Kemono friends was bad CG, but it was a comfy and enjoyable serie at the end.

AC3 is the pinnacle of the series. ACSL and ACLR are probably better games, but they are quite a bit harder.

The same mechanics are used from AC1 to ACLR, so you can switch between those games without learning new skills. AC4 / FA and ACV /VD have their own unique gameplay styles.

Recommended for beginners:
>AC3: Overall / Atmosphere / Gameplay
>AC2: Story , Style
>ACVD: Multiplayer / Technical Challenge (PS3 only). 5th gen plays very different to prior games.
>ACFA: Story, Player Experience (feels super fast and exciting, though has a lot of problems)
>AC1: Chronological Order

Recommended, but the above options are probably better:
>AC3: Silent Line: Recommended you play AC3 first, this is harder. Not necessary however.
>AC2: Another Age: Recommended you play AC2 first, this is harder. Not necessary however.
>Master of Arena: Recommend you play AC1 first. Not necessary however.
>ACNX: Too difficult for new players, but has lots of content (2 discs) and doesn't require remapping for dual analog.

Not recommended to play first (but still worth playing)
>ACLR: Way too hard for beginners, but otherwise a fucking fantastic game.
>AC4: Sega borked the translations. Gameplay feels better than ACFA (and is not so easy) and the graphics even look better. Play first: ACFA
>ACV: Lots of bugs, graphical problems, and other issues at launch. Was online-only and the servers are now down, Play first: ACVD

Not recommended to play until you've played everything else
>ACFF: Formula Front was an AI programming arena, there's a version that lets you play, but is lackluster.
>ACNB: Very short game with no real story, just "test missions", which were extremely annoying.

>fuck this show, I rather watch SEED while eating nails and drinking lava.
t.Salty space rat
It felt somewhat enjoyable seeing them get BTFO for once

>mfw when I want to go online and find some more AC games to buy

>Dark souls has inflated the prices of EVERYTHING

>AC1: $120
>PP: $55
>Shadow Tower: $260
>Otogi: $80 new
>Echo Night: $140
>Echo Night Beyond: $160
>Lost Kingdoms: $70
>Metal Wolf Chaos: $200 used

Metal wolf chaos has always been expensive.

I included it to show that shadow tower is now more expensive

my guess is because MWC took off in popularity so people started collecting it for resale, so now there's a supply, whereas shadow tower is still incredibly hard to find because not enough normies know about it enough to collect copies of it for resale..

Available used from $8-20.
Used only from $22-30
Starts at $89
Yeah, it is.
$20-25 used
$55-75 used
$10-20 used
It's been about that much for at least six years. I think. Two Best Friends made a video about it and it was $200 then and I had looked into getting it a year or two prior to that and it was nearly $200 at that time, too.

You gotta use the Amazon, man.

Also, I forgot to mention: MWC is actually still cheaper than it used to be before it was popular. 3-4 years ago MWC was $300+.

I looked at new or liked new prices not used ones (except for shadow tower and MWC), because so many used ones have scratches or are missing the case/artwork. I wouldn't want to actually buy a used copy of a PS1 game without first seeing it myself.

bump.

We got big macs in Australia, probably fine on that front
There's an in-n-out around here somewhere
Sorry Ahab, out of my control, here for the ACS national meeting. I'll push for a return trip if Texas ever hosts it.
>The best American food is Mexican
Now that you mention it there's a really good mexican place by the hotel. Might go back there, also probably the only place I'm welcome as I had no idea how this autistic post-check tipping system functioned until going there. Who the fuck carries all the change you're expected to portion out to everyone you meet in the current year.

Thanks for the suggestions, lads.

Here's the frame data

>no mention of Project Phantasma
If you played AC1 and you intend on playing MoA, there's no reason not to do PP first. It's an awesome game, it has some of the best non-arena content in first gen.

Also Stinger did literally nothing wrong and Vixen is best girl.

I meant to include PP under not recommended to play first.

There's reasons to play MoA but not PP or AC1 first. It's a generally more refined game and has more equipment.

>Tfw have only played 4 and thought there were only 7 games, the numbered ones and For Answer and Verdict day
Thanks for all of this. I'm kind of excited to try them all. I've only played 4 but I loved everything about it and want to play the other games. It's a shame it's said all the rest are different but I hopefully shouldn't mind that.

> It's a shame it's said all the rest are different

The rest are better. 4 is different in a way that feels like they scrapped most of the game's design in favor of style.

Other games to play if you want something that feels more like AC4/FA:
>Murakumo Renegade Mech Pursue
>Zone of the Enders
>Project Nimbus

bump

Did they died?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bump

Came here to inquir about the Armored Core 20th count down, seems like I've been had yet again. It still baffles me that people make April fools for such a dead franchise.

Is this a Aaliyah with 100% more edge or a super aretha?

What is this about?

Any tips for Last Raven? I literally can't win fights against other Ravens unless I use large missiles to one shot them...

Best is arguable, but my assumption is that you have the least familiarity with it. I imagine Australia isn't hurting for good Asian food since they're all a hop and a skip away. Mexican food, on the other hand, is probably a lot less common.
Oh, middle-eastern/Mediterranean food is good too, try to find a joint. They differ pretty drastically, so I can't tell you a whole lot.
Actually, see if you can track down Chelonian while you're there.
At least it's still not as bad as the TWEWY countdown.

Last Raven boost accel data. Spent a long time trying to figure out the exact formula.

Basically boost accel linearly affects the number of frames it takes to get up to 80% boost power, the last 20% depends on more factors though, because it isn't a linear trade.

Really for LR, the only tip is "learn how everything works". There's no easy way to beat the game without mastering most of the stats.

I would suggest focusing on boost hopping, avoid Narrow and Deep and Special weapons (they have very small lock ons), try to use EOs or dual wield so that you can increase your damage per second. Make sure all your parts work together, also.

For heat and drain:
Total Cooling - (Heat Emission Value + Boost Heat) * 2 = How much heat you will produce while boosting.
So if you have 4000 generator heat and 4000 boost heat, you need 16000 cooling or you will overheat while boosting.

A solid newbie build VS ACs would need to have high stability, lots of easy to fire weapons (no aiming required, wide lock box, lots of ammo) and good turning speed (to avoid losing track of the enemy)

It would be something like:

Head: H81S4 (High stability, no radar needed because you have a back radar)
Core: C98E2 (High damage EOs)
Arms: Lemur2
Legs: Gavail (High stability, high turning, low stationary drain) If you need more defense, use 92S3 or 94A2

Booster: Vulture2 (average stats overall)
FCS: F69 (widest FCS)
Generator: G91 (low heat, high output)
Radiator: Linden (high forced cooling, low drain)

Inside: None
Extension: 92RM3 (high damage, lots of ammo)
Back Unit R: Satyros (high single-shot damage, more likely to hit. Magoraga is a better choice against enemies with anti-missile systems)
Back Unit L: Siren (Fast scanning interval, low weight)
Arm Unit R: Pixie2 (lots of ammo, decent damage output)
Arm Unit L: 79M2 (high damage output. Use Fairy if you need to save weight)

Use both machine guns and EOs when they're in front of you, switch to missiles when they're too far away, behind cover, or not on your screen.

Also make sure you customize your control scheme. Good idea is to put movement on R stick and turn/look on L stick with weapons and boost on triggers.

Thanks! I rely too much on the CR-WA75MSPto kill other ravens and it just feels like cheating when it works...

>I would suggest focusing on boost hopping, avoid Narrow and Deep and Special weapons
> high stability
I don't understand this

Stability affects how much you are stunned when being hit by an attack.

Total Stability = Defense Stability * (Head Stability / 100)

You want at least 4000, ideally 6000 to avoid being stunned by everything.

Boost hopping is boosting a little into the air so that you keep up momentum without draining your boosters. It's hard to describe but makes sense when you do it:
>tap boosters to go up a little into the air
>let go for half a second
>start to fall
>tap boosters right before you hit the ground, "catching" yourself so you don't slow down when landing
>tap boosters to go up a little into the air
>etc.

Since you gain energy while you fall, this lets you move at ~60-70% of your max speed constantly without losing energy, since you recover more than you use

*to avoid being stunned by anything

2000 stability = most weapons won't do anything, but you will be stunlocked by heavy weapons
4000 stability = 95% of weapons won't do anything, you will be knocked over a bit by linear guns
6000 stability = all weapons won't stun you.

just to clarify what I mean here.

>Gavail
Did you mean Gavial? 1 or 2?

What's your thought on Radar in the head x the back?

Is the CR-WA69MG any good compared to the guns you listed? I already have it

Gavail 1, it's the one with high turning. Gavail 2 is good though.

Machine gun weapon arms are good, but you take a big defense hit. It's harder to dodge than it is to deal damage, so if you're new you will do better with a higher defense higher damage build, rather than a lightweight one that can dodge.

Back Radar = Better if you are less skilled (higher head stability, etc.
Head Radar = Better if you are more skilled (more efficient for the weight, extra back slot, but scanning interval is slow so you need to be more precise/aware).

Basically, most things in the game are either:
>Hard to use, but potentially extremely powerful (Overboost, sniper rifles, back cannons, lightweights, hover legs, tanks, blades, head radar, shotguns, decoys, multiple lock missiles)
>Easy to use, but doesn't always work, has low potential, or has limitations against stronger enemies (EO, machine guns, quads, heavy bipeds, shields, missile extensions, single-lock missiles)

>TWEWY countdown.

The countdown for the mobile version? That reminds me, I was so hyped when they announced that TWEWY was going to appear on KH dream drop distance, and then the reveal that you wont have Neku or Joshua as partner because you already have the dream eaters, I was so fucking dissapointed.

The machine gun weapon arms are better if you have good aiming, good dodging, and good ammo management. But the dual arms let you do nearly the same, without requiring those skills.

WA69MG:
>Power: 672 (168 x 4, since it fires 4 shots at once)
>Interval: 8
>Ammo: 75 (300 / 4, since it fires 4 shots at once)

>DPS: 84
>Total Damage output: 50400

Pixie 2 + WH79M2:
>Power: 105 / 240
>Interval: 4 / 5
>Ammo: 1000 / 160

>DPS: 26.25 + 48 = 74.25
>Total Damage Output: 105000 + 38400 = 143400

Weapon arms:
>Pro: Weighs a lot less, slightly higher damage output, larger lock on (single lock)
>Con: not enough ammo to kill some ACs on its own, less accurate, extremely defenses

Dual MGs
>Pro: tons of ammo, able to equip high defense arms, more accurate
>Con: weighs more, slightly lower damage output, smaller lock on

See how that works?

Weapon arms:
>Con: , extremely low defenses

I'm making all sorts of typos today, sorry

something to consider is that Lemur 2 has 500 more AP and ~150 more defense, so you have 9% more total health when equipping them (~6% from AP and 3% from defense)

That means that lemur 2 with dual MGs will out-DPS the machine gun arms even though the machine gun arms do more damage, since you lose ~10% damage, but gain ~10% defense, and now have 3x ammo.

Alone? I think not.

Then again, my knowledge of WH40K lore is still lacking.

Same, I have just play a couple of the officials videogames, and read some wikis about it but never a complete official book or something.

bump

BUMP

Sorry I can't help bump the thread more guys. I'm having some serious issues with windows 10 right now. Constant high disk usage everywhere.

It might be because I haven't installed an update since january, but I'm not letting MS tinker around in my computer any more than they already are. It's definitely annoying.

F

Insomnia bump

Bump.