/ovg/ - muh dick edition

Welcome to Auto Vidya General, the place to talk about auto related games.

Previous Thread:

Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/qbyylt8s4zt95ce/data.7z
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=940531063
gran-turismo.com/ie/gt6/user/#!/clubid/1074107/
tradingpaints.com/profile/172802/Luca-K
youtube.com/watch?v=P6-X5_CC6IE
strawpoll.me/13099712
mega.nz/#!2hEA3SYQ!67EChE7LJZj5Bi17Ygf5x2NHwVXmDtgMg_gUcwrKxM4
gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/clubid/1074107/event/1086583/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anyone have a link to this sim traxx paid beta:

Assetto Corsa / TARGA FLORIO (Sicily, Italy) / 72 km LOOP PRIVATE beta 0.9

Came out a few days ago.

sent :^)

Updated data.acds can be found here as well as on the google doc.

mediafire.com/file/qbyylt8s4zt95ce/data.7z

god damn PG, this shit's lit

also best barn find coming through

thanks, i was having problems with it earlier but it works now

get in a Ford

hey that NFS looks pretty good

Would it be cool if a manufacturer had a program where if you drove their car alot in a game they would give you a special discount on the real thing?

>buying new cars when these 2-3 years old cost 50% of initial price

one hour until the GT4 pickup races moves to quali

is that project cars 2?

Just a friendly reminder to sign up for Bring Your Own Shitbox Season 2. Also make sure to sign up for the club too!

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=940531063

gran-turismo.com/ie/gt6/user/#!/clubid/1074107/

wish i didn't sell my PS3. :( Would be nice with some PS4 backwards compatibility like the xbone has.

I haven't used my PS3 in years and I never set it up fully anyway. Online doesn't cost money like on the Xbox, does it?

for ps3 no.

buy a PS3 you fucking nigger they're like less than 100 euro used.

Why would i when GT Sport is right around the corner? I don't really see the point in paying that much money for one game. I would join if they made it possible to get the PS3 games on the PS4.

Good news, Everyone!

/OVGT6/ Bring Your Own Shitbox has been moved to Fridays, and we will be starting next week! So prepare your gt6 updates and get your cars tuned, we're getting ready to race!

>updating gt6
can it be delayed an extra week?

eh sure, i guess i can let fin have one more ac pick up race.

Lel kek, GT6 and your series is reddit and 9gag hyperfused together.

Just cancel it now before I show up a destroy it with me bare hands.

@17310169
Yikes

Docs on Forza Horizon 3 events when?

Looked interesting, you mean. I'm not giving EA $80 until then show us actual gameplay of racing and customization, and show more to justify the deluxe edition. I'm all for NFS ripping off The Bunch if it's done better, and what they have there does pique my interest, but they need to fix up the physics, and prove to me that microtransactions won't be forced.

asked in last thread, but has anyone made any Veeky Forums themed skins on trading paintd?

>meme for speed announced
>already has reviews on xbl saying its better than forza and gt
why is this allowed

game looks like trash so far desu

XBL is filled with four year olds who play Infinite Warfare all day. What did you expect?

tfw trying to run faster than 5.852 and you put in a good run that feels right and barely miss the mark

They should have stuck with the whole tuner culture thing they were going for. Fuck that FnF shit.

tradingpaints.com/profile/172802/Luca-K
Also skinmaker if you read this pls make more.

Meme For Speed: Payus is shaping up to be a quality game.
We already have a The Crew 2 coming out, we don't need another one.

true

all they had to do was unfuck the handling and give us a nice manual tranny.
at this point i just want a re-release of underground 2. they shouldnt even touch the models because theyll fuck it up somehow

were they trying to be funny there?

>this is the average /ovg/ poster

>dropping a game for trying something different

Fuck off with you rice rockets fagboy. I'm glad NFS is doing something besides
>muh customization

Besides, a Ghost dev on r/needforspeed has confirmed multiple times that street racing and police chases aren't going anywhere. Learn to try something new for a change, user, you can't make any assumptions until they inevitably reveal the brake-to-drift handling.

>for trying something different

>learn to pedal
>supercharger

That was easy.

>all they had to do was unfuck the handling and give us a nice manual tranny.

Yeah, I agree with that.

I don't care about some lame ass story (which NFS 2015 had some bad acting but it was fun). This is just the Crew made by a different company. I don't give a single fuck about that.

It's a goddamn car game, I play them for the cars. It's why I still play some ancient ass 14 year old shitfest Slav game.

>all they had to do was unfuck the handling and give us a nice manual tranny

Considering that there'll be a drag spec similar to The Bunch, I'd say we'll have manual gears on day one, because even Ghost is smart enough to know that drag racing with autotragic is a offence punishable by death. Handling, I'm expecting brake-to-drift again. I played a lot of racing games with shitty handling, so much so that I don't think I'll struggle with the weightless handling I'm expecting. Remember, Ghost is a mismash of ex-Criterion and BlackBox devs, so expect a model that's trying to be The Run and Paradise at the same time.

>Trying to be different
You are aware that they went from [Copying themselves from a few years back] to [Original] and then back to [Copying someone else]?
Anyone calling this original is a complete faggot who needs to get his eyes checked. This is probably... PAYBACK (hehe) for The Crew copying Rivals through Calling All Units.

>different for the series

The Bunch can go fuck itself for all I care. If Ghost can beat Ivory Tower at their own game, I'll give it a free pass for only being original in the sense that NFS hasn't done something like this before.

>NFS hasn't done anything like this before
>>what is Need For Speed Undercover
>>what is Need For Speed The Run

>because even Ghost is smart enough to know that drag racing with autotragic is a offence punishable by death
they thought that drifting in auto was ok so i have some doubts. iirc they added one to 2015 and it wasnt great but i dont have firsthand experience because i stopped playing after 2 weeks.
if anything we'll probably get a crew tier trans

>If Ghost can beat Ivory Tower at their own game
they cant because their handling model for their previous game was somehow worse than the crew and the crew gets +6 for having bikes and being able to drive 1hr in one direction

>Ignoring the clear copying of other games' concept and ideas completely just to protect Ghost and their giant fuck-up.

>Being able to drive 1hr in one direction
The Crew's world is the only reason I liked it.

Any word on NFS open world?

If they aim for a The Crew sized map, I may be interested. If its a small ass map then no sale.

It won't be anywhere near to the size of The Crews map most likely, but on the flipside it'll probably be less bland.

No way they're going for The Crew size map
Which is fucking odd since they copied everything else from The Crew

If they're doing Crew tier off-road, in the sense that you can go off-off-road, and including a city, then making a small map seems retarded, even for Ghost. Give me that Huayra BC, improve the cops and make a long highway through the Nevada desert, and $60 will be deposited in EA's account.

Are any of you fags going to EA Play so you can experience the auto-drift handling first hand?

I fucking hope someone will, can't wait for the reaction when the world realizes that not only did they fuck up the mood, but the handling is still shit.

>That Huayra BC
Does not belong in this game, THIS IS THEIR ANSWER WHEN WE ASKED FOR MORE TUNER CARS.

>need for furious: the crew trailer goes up at 6:00 pst
>12 hours later
>every "GAME NEW: GAME TRAILERS SUBSCRIBE TODAY HD" channel has already reuploaded it in full
>what if this is just ghost devs doing damage control

There can never be a street racing game with cars that might actually be used for street racing because the kids with the access to mommy's credit card and the want for a new game as soon as possible just aren't interested in shitboxes like they were in the 2000s.

Too fucking bad because this game should not be aimed at kids. It's a game about tuner culture, car culture, and the 10 year olds that actually like the Huayra do not belong in it. I swear to fucking god, this is going to be like MW 2012 where you could just walk up to a hypercar and get it with no need to progress.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAWOWGHOSTSENPAIHOWCOULDYOUFUCKUPTHISHARDAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

>all three of ghost's nfs game has involved earning cash and buying cars in some way

I doubt it. If there's going to be customization that's supposedly better than 2015, using MW2012's "freedom of choice" mechanic would be pretty stupid.

>customization will be better than ever
>and by that, we mean it's only the best if nothing before rivals ever existed

Also, is someone going to mention Porsche in PCARS 2?
youtube.com/watch?v=P6-X5_CC6IE

forgot pic

>will I be able to stance my car?
FFS

It's nothing amazing now that the deal with EA is over.

>Being a phil/o/stine

People on Reddit bitch about this constantly get over it

Kill yourself stancecuck

Btw remember cirno is trash

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>that actually like the Huayra
hating supercars does not make you mature btw

>get over it
no.

>prius with a lexus badge
Is that part of the mod or can you actually swap out badges in SLRR?

mod, the vanilla game sucks ass

1 hour till skin deadline for turnleft

>AWD torque converter M5

alright fgts do you guys want the racing to start next week, or the week after. if we start on the 9th i more than likely wont be around to host the session and someone else will have to do it, and it'd be a bummer to miss the first race in my own series, but on the other hand i kinda want to just get started already.

vote for what you want: strawpoll.me/13099712

I am aware that it doesn't make me mature, I just have a certain dislike to Italian car makers. They always come off as a bunch of assholes.

the cars are sex tho

Ad hominem fallacy
What does the manufacturer's attitude have to do with the quality of the car? The Volkswagen was designed by Nazis but that was a great car

but they did nothing wrong

should I buy GT sport or wait for GT7, I dont want to get cucked into buying another prologue

this desu

mega.nz/#!2hEA3SYQ!67EChE7LJZj5Bi17Ygf5x2NHwVXmDtgMg_gUcwrKxM4

This is your skinpack for Daytona hf

Is there a way to join the turnleft server as a spectator? I don't want to race, but I still don't want to wait for the race to be over and just watch shitty WEBMs.

Considering you can't buy either yet and the nature of these titles is unknown, your question is both irrelevant and unanswerable.

PS3s are already at rock-bottom prices. If you buy one just to tide you over until GTS and sell it when you're done it's essentially free.

Nice pic

No harm in running a pre-season test on the 9th.

No game will ever let you badge swap cars. The makers have to sign off to let you use their models and if they allowed badge swaps or removals that's like brand suicide.

thanks for the shitpost

Alright, I see no harm either. We'll have a test race on the """Isle of Man TT""" course. Make sure to sign up for the club and event or else you will not be able to race. Also you might want to download the track before hand because it's a big one. Link is on the doc. [spoiler]also sign up for the race one event i accidentally deleted it and had to make it again.[/spoiler]

gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/clubid/1074107/event/1086583/

Kaz has said as far as he's concerned GT Sport is GT7...who knows if that stays that way or not.

>trying something different for the series

Nani?

also can someone tell me if the links to the gt website work? the links work differently if it's your account you're linking to.

Yes

Yeah they all work.
/hype/

I unironically liked this game, apart from the out of place QTEs (and how pain they are when you're playing with a wheel).

Will there be ToD or dynamic weather in Forza 7?
If they want to keep 1080p60 all the time I doubt.
There could be snow and dirt tracks though.

The only thing that game needed was a fucking quickrace option.

>dat carlist
>all that wasted potential by limiting what car you can use on challanges

>mfw The Crew spoiled me with their magnificient map and i can't appreciate FH3 because the map feels tiny as fuck and it doesn't have those long twisty mountain roads

Was bored as fuck, so I made a Fiesta.

Street cultureWe could've had Need For Speed: Speedhunters instead of this.

>3 hubs
>Europe: High speed races on highways and street city races on Germany or in a scandinavian country
>Top speed runs with supercars and saloon(maybe power wagons too), then hit the streets with hot hatches and midsize sedans(like the giulia)
>USA: Drag racing and off road racing in Texas
>street rolls and stoplight racing with muscle car and sports cars, and offroadracing with trucks and nigger rigged rally cars(trucks can have more power but they are heavy, and the smaller cars are down on powerbut very lightweight)
>Japan: Drift Matsuris in ebisu, nikko etc and touge
>Manage you engine in matsuri events with others and try to rack up points(N/A cars need to be thrown around since lol no power, but turbo cars kick up more smoke and overheat faster)
>In all three venues you can have show cars too
>engine swap options galore
>online fun sessions
>Real people cameos in the game(like Jon Olsson for europe, Bisi from the usa, and team burst from japan.

But nooooo, we got "Fast and the crew 2: The revenge"

*Street culture is stronger than ever.

Designed by nazis, not currently run by nazis.
Italians are both run, designed, built, and talked about by arrogant fuckholes.

>>Manage you engine in matsuri events with others and try to rack up points(N/A cars need to be thrown around since lol no power, but turbo cars kick up more smoke and overheat faster)
That sounds like the literally most unfun thing ever.

It's ok, because until your car cools down, you can drive the dajiban you used to tow the car to the track and bully others with your american V8