/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mgba-emu/mgba/issues
devstreaming.apple.com/videos/wwdc/2016/606oluchfgwakjbymy8/606/606_hd_advanced_metal_shader_optimization.mp4?dl=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Far too thicc for my taste, and I normally like thicc women.

New Zelda is ugly as hell. Right in that awful middle ground of cell shaded and realistic. Ugly ass everything. Can't visually compare to games like Wind Waker, or modern games like Dark Souls. Just pick an art style and go with it.

I think they are the right amount of thicc

Has there been a greater UI in history

CRT Easy type Halation is the best shader Iv'e tried so far.

HYDRO CORN

CRT Lottes is a bit too blurry. Also can't figure out how to remove curvature.

MEKA had its moments.

Any Ryzen 5 benchmarks?

umm

Is it worse or better than Skyward Sword, in your opinion?

what was his problem?

your gif is broken

Skyward Sword is much better looking. It actually has contrast. New Zelda really decreased the contrast for some reason. A lot of post 2000 anime did that too. I cannot STAND that look.

Mind you, I don't play any of these Zeldas. I got bored of Twilgiht Princess half way through and stopped playing. It's the same thing over and over again.

Bobby Brown.

SMT games require no skill or thought. It's just numbers battling against each other. At least Square games give you some visual specticle to distract you from this.

I can play through the game easy peasy?

>give players option to use pro controller
>feature required to progress can only be used with the game pad

Bravo, Nintendo.

I use mameui64 on Win10. It's been 2 years since I played and I had a setup which was working and bunch of roms. I downloaded updated mameui64 in order to play Star Wars Arcade etc BUT... now when launching I can't see any roms at all.

All it displays is bunch of shit like Amstrad GX4000 and Arcadia whatever... I used to have a nice list of available arcade roms and everything worked perfectly.

Can someone please help, I'm going insane. Tried to google but nothing comes up. It's not an issue with rom paths or lack of refresh, at least.

Is this the right place to ask for help finding a 100% or close to complete English patch for Kingdom Hearts BBS:Final Mix?I tried google but there are so many patch number and i'm unsure which is the latest/final.

I'm going to play it with PPSSPP 1.4 so I'd appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction for a patched iso or something.

Why not try /khg/?
Seems like they'd know more about it than we would.

A friendly reminder that mGBA is actually buggy and isn't as great as you all make it out to be, I don't get this with VBA-M.

Okay bye.

Submit an issue report.
github.com/mgba-emu/mgba/issues

Thanks for the suggestion user

>playing GBA ports

So use VBA-M.
Just know that no one else shares your opinion.

Pac-Ludo.

Pretty much, use whatever you want to use, no one can stop you.

Could have sworn I filtered you.

Nevermind, I will answer myself. Fuck MameUi64, I didn't know that Mame64 has it's own UI. That works perfectly. It's been so long since I last played any arcade emulation.

What version?

but the GBA was a port machine

I don't understand, i enabled the keep aspect ratio but on some games it still stretches

No. All the current Ryzen emu benchmarks are kinda shit anyway since they're done with low frequency memory.

Single threaded performance is worse than Ryzen 7.

wtf no 4790k listed
useless

>2400mhz
reeee

very few shrines need the gamepad and no shrine is mandatory

Memory speed actually matters? Am I going to miss out heavily on CEMU performance because I didnt fall for the DDR4 meme?

it is this
>Shrines: They should all be able to be completed now.
>Toto Sah Shrine - You cannot use z-axis motion control. According to u/andrzej_szpadel - "you can complete Toto Sah shrine by tilting it about 30 degrees vertically and then surf jump from end. works for me evety time."

incredibly bittersweet to run into that "hidden" shrine only for it to be the only one fucked

>has to OC to housefire levels for any decent performance

for zen it does according to benchmarks

>Memory speed actually matters?
Only really for Ryzen processors. I think it's due to the core complex interconnect running at the same frequency as the memory or something.
They sell 4266MHz RAM. I think fancy Ryzen mobos can only handle 3200MHz though.

Very much a newbie to using CEMU, just finished setting up to play BoTW a bit over an hour ago.

Is there any way to fix the speedup when you're in shrines. I heard that setting the refresh rate to half from the Nvidia control panel would help but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Running the game on 1.7.4 patreon verified build if that helps.

Download the program called Nvidia inspector. It has a setting that lets you cap the frame-rate of your graphics card. You can't set it to specifically target a certain program though so you just have to remember to turn it off when you're done in cemu.

This also fixes the cutscenes as well so they don't play at double speed.

Unfortunately I personally have run into an issue where using this method causes the first loading screen after launch (from the main menu into the game world) takes an excruciatingly long time (like a minute or so). If you do try out inspector let me know how you go and if you get this issue too.

What you boneheads do not understand this is all about how the software is going to be developed. It is under development. There is no way to fix any of that shit unless you go in and compile few fixes by yourself. Maybe you could ask the dev team about this?

People like you make me fucking sick. You are the reason why game industry these days sucks.

Have you ever emulated anything before in your life? Do you understand what emulation even means?

You can specify a program which you want to control... Are you dumbass? Fucking normals. Use RIVATUNER.

>Are you dumbass?
No, just lazy. I didn't spend any more than 10 seconds looking at how to use the program, no need to be an asshat about it.

>240x160

No

Why are you not using OGL2Tweak?

No, you are a fucking normie if you don't use rivatuner and call yourself a "gamer" or even frequent Veeky Forums... You should just stick with Nintendo hardware honestly. Don't bother with "emulation" because you don't clearly understand why emulation even exists. It's not for your little fun so you can play games...

>RIVATUNER
What is this, the 90's?

@173114551

wut

RMA yourself

>April 5th
>still no Dolphin progress report

What are they afraid of?

So is reicast libretro ever gonna get some development?
Like save support?
Would really love to play some crazy taxi on my linux shitboxes

that game is made for 16:9 aspect ratio m8

What game?

Rakugaki Showtime on PS1

Sleep tight, /emugen/.

why is citra developing at such a glacial pace?

What's better for RPCS3 an R5 or an i5?

Ryzen isn't good for anything gaming related.

Hey fellas, do you know where i can get my hands on BotW graphics packs for cemu 1.7.4c.

also is it normal for me to get 10-20 fps on the starting area (Shrine of Resurrection or something?, the first place i wake up)

i have an R9 390, İ5-6500 3.2 GHz processor and 8 gb of ram.

There's a bunch of PS2 games on sale on the PS4 right now. Anyone know if there's a list out there of which EU PS2 games run at a lower speed on PS4 due to the frequency difference? Tempted to buy Wild Arms 3 but if it runs like shit then i'd sooner use PCSX2.

why not just see the games which emulate well on PCSX2 and not pay for the games over and over again?

My SCP has been slowly dying, on most boots it doesn't register and the only way to get it to work is to restart the whole PC over and over until it takes. What could be causing that?

>i have an R9 390
lol

But i've never bought Wild Arms 3 before.

why change your ways now?

GLideN64 continues to win so incredibly hard. All hail based Gonetz.

I wonder why not using 16bit int depth textures all the way in FBOs for the depth buffer. OGL 3 now supports that.

For those who missed the presentation

devstreaming.apple.com/videos/wwdc/2016/606oluchfgwakjbymy8/606/606_hd_advanced_metal_shader_optimization.mp4?dl=1

Only Nostalgia drives emulation. Most of these consoles had shitty games. N64 being the worst. It's a Holy Grail of emulation, despite being a dreadful system with terrible games.

Finally, after decades of work, you will be able to play that obscure platformer with terrible controls, 5 feet vision obscured by fog, terrible level design, and awful controls.

Notice how no one EVER plays new "undiscovered classics" on the N64. It's ALWAYS fucking games from theri childhood.

Why is that guy in a wig and dress?

no bully

Why is this not on Youtube or something.

what am I supposed to be seeing here?

I find it amazing that people for so long tried to delude themselves into thinking this was not a tranny.

Works on my machine

>2025: Perfect N64 emulation is achieved
>everyone realizes it wasn't worth it
>plays better games instead

Is there a way to bypass the need for a Wii U pad to play BotW with CEMU 1.7.4?

Dont really wanna fork out the money on a hope that it works

the wii u pad is already emulated by Cemu

We also play hacks for our childhood games. I miss making my own Goldeneye maps.

when i run BotW it prompts me to charge/plug in a wii u game pad, what are your thoughts on this?
thanks for the reply btw

>what are your thoughts on this
its an interesting observation
You're welcome

Can't we just

Remove the fog?

Fuck.....I just reliased PS1 doesn't really have games. Most of its rpgs are relatively short when you are using max lvl cheat. So for now, I'm giving rpgs a rest. Can you user share with me some action adventure games that I may like? Please, no metal gear craps.

>metal
Who cares
Use Vulkan, Year of the Linux Desktop now

to reword, got a fix?

Why would you cheat to get to max level in a rpg?

Metal Gear Solid is pretty good, Parasite Eve and Brave Fencer Musashi are also pretty good.

post a screenshot of your input settings dialog box

>when you are using max lvl cheat
Why would you even use such a thing? Most JRPGs don't require for you to grind. If you do end up grinding, then that just means you're shit at the genre.

Can't emulate WiiU on Linux

Ryzen 5 benchmarks out yet?