$200,000 USD?!!!

>For a pigfat Honda?

Go fuck yourself Yuki!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

autoblog.com/2016/01/29/lamborghini-2015-sales-record-3245-supercars-official/
goodcarbadcar.net/2013/07/acura-nsx-sales-figures-usa-canada.html?m=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How are these selling compared to other "poorfag supercars" like the Huracan, 570S, R8, GT-R and 488 GTB? It doesn't really have anything to offer over them.

They are just gathering dust in dealerships all over America.

>$200k
>honda

Silly amerifat, its an acura!

Honda knows you guys are too stupid, so they changed the badge

Both nsx's that were sold at my dealership were traded in a month later for an amg Mercedes and a McLaren.
How did they fuck this up?

>meanwhile at Lambo

autoblog.com/2016/01/29/lamborghini-2015-sales-record-3245-supercars-official/

I don't think the actual car is bad, but the price point kills it. There just isn't even reason to buy it when you can get another halo car that's cheaper and actually better.

>200k

You aren't even scratching the surface of dealer markup user-kun

I'm starting to believe the NSX wasn't taken seriously and was really just a platform to research the hybrid powertrain. Must be a better car in the cards for the future maybe.

Hybrid technology should not be used in sports cars. It adds too much unnecessary weight and chances for the tech to fail. If they had just kept it a biturbo v6 with awd and a manual transmission option, it would have been a hit.

Its used in endurance racers and the hyper cars.

Its the way forward and GM trademarked the name "E-ray" for a reason.

>be honda
>be good at making small,. FWD, high revving 4 cylinder cars
>decide to make a mid engine supercar
>instead up doubling up one of your excellent 4 cyls and making a mid engine V8 with a 9000rpm redline, you make a shit hybrid with a twin turbo V6 and try and sell it for Ferrari money
>surprised when people buy a ferrari instead

Wasn't the price point of the original NSX like 70K?

>Way forward
No one bought the damn thing, and everyone who did was extremely dissatisfied with the driving experience.

They are still the way forward. do you have any idea how fast the current Le mans protos are ?
>everyone who did was extremely dissatisfied with the driving experience.
You know everyone who bought one?

I still can't believe they both share the NSX badge. Fucking cunts shouldn't be allowed to draw cars.

>516 total sold in North America

goodcarbadcar.net/2013/07/acura-nsx-sales-figures-usa-canada.html?m=1

Good god even the Viper sold better than this

The original NSX was closer to 100k accounting for inflation. Still, it was a car that had something to offer: the performance and aesthetics of a Ferrari but with the reliability of a Honda Accord at a more reasonable price. It wasn't all that fast, but was all around a great and perfectly balanced drivers car.

The new NSX has nothing to offer. It's a car that would have made an impact 5 years ago, but as of now it's the Duke Nukem Forever of cars.

>The original NSX was closer to 100k accounting for inflation.
so about half the price and competing with cars that were roughly as good
not being a quarter of a million dollars and pretending to be a ferrari

A mid engine Honda v8 from two i4s would be beautiful, I really would buy that.

Have you ever driven one?
I'm assuming you haven't. I know several people who actually have driven it, and have said it was awful and slushy. Im talking about the consumer version of the car, not the track spec prototypes. One guy I knew who bought it had to bring it back cause the suspension position sensor was incorrectly installed at the factory, and was scraping on the inside of the rim.
The car is a bust, Honda tried too hard to make this car.

Two K24's joined at the crank would be one hell of an engine.

>V8 oriented k24's with twin turbos
>MR
Good god I can almost hear how amazing that would sound.

>247 in 2017
it looks like sales are picking up some steam instead of dying down. they sold more in April of this year than they did 3-4 months combined last year.

>The new NSX has nothing to offer
Other than being the only non-limited hybrid sports car in its class. i don't really think 100k for C4 corvette performance was reasonable either especially when m3s came along a few years later and were faster on top of being more practical and cheaper. they were also rated a better "driver's car" btw (insert BMW's best handling car in America and several other's that look like they should) (NSX being one of them)
MSRP to MSRP is 150,000 for the new one. dealer markups shouldn't be counted much like the Focus RS and GT350.

>I know several people who actually have driven it
And several more can easily be found on the internet most recently Doug who said it had the best ride in class and said nothing of the sort in being sluggish.

>Hybrid technology should not be used in sports cars

I agree. It should only be used in supercars.

A damn shame

>I still can't believe they both share the NSX badge. Fucking cunts shouldn't be allowed to draw cars.

Truth.

>Other than being the only non-limited hybrid sports car in its class.
slower 0-60 than a Tesla
slower laptimes than Corvette/GT-R for $50,000 more

I don't know who they were trying to target with this car.

>I don't know who they were trying to target with this car.

the most obvious target to me by far is badgewhores but that is pretty audacious for Acura

>Still, it was a car that had something to offer
it was slower than a 3000gt, lmao!

>The new NSX has nothing to offer
except for god tier performance..

obviously not retarded bus riders on Veeky Forums :^)

>Thermal Club Raceway

literally who?

Not necessarily benchracers.

I think about the NewSX to motivate me but nobody talks about the damn car. Nobody has driven it, nobody has seen it. The only person that has vouched for it is James May and while Richard Clarkson ripped on it for everything we rip on it, he just said it's a brilliant car just like the OG and that was it. I want to love it but this more Acura than Honda.

I like to build them on the website and it's a beautiful car but the floor mats are $1200, the illuminated door sills are $1500, the trunk net is $50, the charger to keep your battery charged in case you don't drive it in a while is like $600. It's a luxury car but you have to pay extra to get the actual luxuries, power seats aren't even standard. Comes standard with shitty brakes instead of what you would really put in a supercar

>muh american reviewer tests!
lmao

>the trunk net is $50
The other options are silly priced, but this is normal for manufacturer accessories now.

Plus you can't even get the car without the premium Brembo set of brakes.

2017 NSX is an American car though...................................

>It doesn't really have anything to offer over them
It's probably a match as far as performance goes, but I thought the whole selling point of the new NSX was that it was a performance-oriented hybrid. Obviously a stupid thing to price it at $200k but how much cheaper is it next to hybrid supercars?

Only argument i can think of for the NSX (and also the BMW i8) is that being early adapters of the high-tier hybrid sports car space gives them an edge in tech & the market

Of course, except the i8 is legitimately cool and no one asked for a hybrid NSX

early adopter of cutting edge technology usually means it will soon be outdated

200k for a honda hybrid?

>cherrypicked laptimes

>it was slower than a 3000gt
No it wasn't you lying cunt, even with 2 turbos and 10 more bhp, because it was heavier than a fucking freight train.