/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls general

>Died for it's master's painting
>1.32 regulation
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75840229394242499

>Dark Souls III Design Works
mega.nz/#!eN0mESTD!j8xyZY5h9huOuiRmSYbzTkv9la8qCaSjpDqJGAiL8k0

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Ringed City pre-launch media
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart

fart

FROM patch notes need to fucking say what they actually change edition

I'm not really understanding the picture OP. I tried to practice parrying on some enemies in 3 and I noticed a lot tend to hang the weapon back before attacking, throwing off my timing.

Or maybe I'm shit at parrying

>From says they buff useless weapon infusions
>actually nerfs them to be even more useless

am i a retard or is this all that happened

should i choose the name that sounds better or the name that wouldn't sounds weird if i changed my build around later

I was confused as to why Gael's flipsword was doing so much damage then i saw its actually a blunt weapon so it doesnt give a fuck about armour

Every enemy has animations that imply they're about to attack, only to awkwardly hold their pose for a few seconds, and then release. If not, they just completely lack the startup and hit you before you'd have any reasonable time to react. You see an enemy raise their sword, and then their arm moves like it's gonna start going your way, you dodge, the sword misses, you're safe. Right? Nope. The enemy raises it's sword, moves it's arm like it's gonna swing, you dodge, it holds the awkward "about-to-swing" pose for two more seconds, allowing it time to patter over to where you dodged, and then attacks once your dodge has finished.

Before, like in DaS1, you could encounter an enemy for the first time and know exactly when to dodge because they would move with a sense of momentum, as though they were actual creatures, allowing you to properly guess when you needed to dodge. They had attacks that were kinda bullshit (running torch spam) but they were generally regarded as "that one attack" instead of "every enemy in the game". DaS3 enemies lack it for a lot of their attacks, all to throw people off and make them take just that little extra bit of damage than they would have if the game was designed properly.

Maybe it's just that we're bad, but it is pretty difficult getting used to enemies having multiples of the same attack, just delayed for different times at the point they release their attack. How do you tell which one they use? You dodge, but if they use a delayed version, you'll get rollcaught. You'll never know if they used the delayed version until you either dodge the attack or get hit by the delayed version. It's fucking awful. The only way to avoid this shit is to kill them before they have the chance to attack, which is most effectively achieved through R1 spam.

This game is horrible. But it's the most active one, so what can you do? Not play?

It's probably the smart move.

when you just don't feel like defending Aldrich's bullshit.

Strike damage is amazing in DaS3

The entire series is stupid gimmicks and gotcha bullshit masquerading as challenge, what did you expect?

>Before, like in DaS1, you could encounter an enemy for the first time and know exactly when to dodge because they would move with a sense of momentum, as though they were actual creatures, allowing you to properly guess when you needed to dodge.

Gwyn swings his greatsword like its a fucking toothpick. guess thats ok though you can just parry him into the ground

is this a berserk reference?

>DaS3 is on sale
>it's cheaper to wait for TFF edition thats coming out in two weeks.

Fucking Australia man.

guys, how's the golden ritual spear after the patch? I'm using it with 12 str, 10 dex, 25 int and 60 faith

Blood and Poison is pretty decent infusion wise. If there are mobs that are actually WEAK against those status ailments then Rouge n Pine rot is still faster.

Lightning still sucks

Chaos and Dark are still below average but I definitely feel the buff with my high int-faith charas.

I haven't played since release really, what is the SL everyone has been pvping at?

My characters are still 100 from DaS days.

Low level Leeroy build is done I think. What should I change?

>Enemies need to move in slow motion like the best game every DaS1!!
ok grandpa

Heavy Mace+10 at 40 STR pre-patch
S STR, 440 AR 1h, 472 AR 2h

Heavy Mace+10 at 40 STR post-patch
A STR, 428 AR 1h, 457 AR 2h

Does anyone on PS4 have a spare Corvian Greatknife? I want to use it on this new char I just started, but I've already used up all my Rusted Gold Coins trying to get it to drop. Also if you'd happen to have a Ringed Knight Hood on the same character, that'd be lovely.

Wait did Blessed get an AR nerf?

There is plenty of shit in Ds1 that has retarded delayed and gotcha bullshit swings, like the skeletons/dregs at the fucking start. They windup, wait, then swing then their next swing is hyper fast bullshit

Looks good
You might die from a gust of wind though.

canvas talisman or sunlight talisman?

for supplemental miracles, not a dedicated caster build

FOR FUTURE REFERENCE

Raw infusion got buffed on weapons that previously would have had better AR from just the base stat requirement with scaling.

Raw infusion got nerfed on the ASS and apparently the Corvian Greatknife, possibly others too.

Lightning, Blessed, Dark, Simple, Chaos and Crystal infusions lost some INT/FTH scaling damage, gained some more STR/DEX scaling damage

Deep and Fire infusions have gotten increased damage

Heavy infusion nerfed slightly on smaller weapons (eg. daggers, straight swords), also nerfed slightly on lower tier upgrades

Sharp infusion (supposedly) buffed at higher DEX levels, STR scaling with Sharp seems lowered.

Hollow infusion assumed to be unchanged

Nice equip load.
Have fun getting shat on by some R1spamming shitter and his pose of level 120s.

Poison is pretty strong against Gael.

>heavens, he was already dead
good luck user

>hurr what are mushroom faggots

Literally worse than any of the "lol I'm gonna attack any moment now!" attacks in 3.

>Lightning, Blessed, Dark, Simple, Chaos and Crystal infusions lost some INT/FTH scaling damage, gained some more STR/DEX scaling damage
Is this a buff or a nerf? Honestly seems more like a nerf than a buff.

Also how bad was this?
>Reduced damage for L1(LB) attacks, and increased stamina consumption for L1(LB) attacks and weapon art "Ember" of "Ringed Knight Paired Greatswords"

How's this for my edge character?

Its a """""buff"""""

OH COME ON GODDAMMIT

>403 health

Wow.

Actually never mind, just got the Greatknife to drop. I still need the Ringu Hood though, so if anyone has a spare I'd be really grateful.

The correct solution would be to lower physical scaling but have higher base damage and keep elemental damage as it was prepatch. This way elemental infusions won't be complete shit because 100 AR won't be almost entirely negated.

>wearing shit filled pants
not very edgy desu

So did RAW Dragonslayer Axe got better or not, its the only thing I wanna know

Wouldn't this headpiece look more similar to Leeroy's ?

Change into iron leggings if you'll go with that
I'd recommend building the fashion around outrider helm instead. Remove gnawing. Change the shield, it just looks bad. The design of millwood shield is kinda similar to Sanctus and it has regen. Slap on prisoner's chain. Starting as warrior would probably have been better

Why not Saint-Tree Bellvine?
If you are just buffing yourself then Spellbuff isn't really important and the increased casting speed is sweet.

Otherwise Canvas

whats the source of the design works?
amazon?

>they actually nerfed the elemental infusions
I don't even

That tends to be the biggest problem. Morne's hammer is a bitch.

What'd you recommend then?

WHERE WAS KAATHE. I THOUGHT THERE WOULD BE KAATHE IN THIS DLC.

>Reduced damage and scaling of heavy infusions at lower weapon levels
NOOOOO my 400+ AR 2handers at SL 16 + 2

it was fun while it lasted....

>40 Dex/60 Fth
>Lothric SS
>340 AR
Will it ever get buffed?

>thinking of starting a spellsword-pyro with a flamberge
>pyromancy needs faith and int
>flamberge scales best with quality so str and dex
>still need vigor, endurance, and att to cast spells
shit what do
40/40 str/dex, can I get away with 20/20 int/faith? I'm mostly interested in carthus flame arc because a burning flamberge is pretty much the entire reason for that build, but some extra fireballs might be nice.

I wonder if my 40 str +6 Greatlance is gonna suffer too much

>New raw longsword is better than the new raw ASS
At least i can run a raw straight sword on my sorcerer without putting points in FTH..

Kaathe's dead man

Redpill me on the Rat King covenant

He's dead

Did you rike it?

game was literally perfect before this patch

Use lorian's crown instead. Ditch favor and get dark clutch, you're an edgy cunt. Cut down on that end and get 10 more dex and 3 more hp. Fallen knight isn't particularly edgy, unless if you're going for the silly kind of edgy

>greatlance

You can hit people with that thing?

>int/faith infusions suck and need a buff
>lets make them scale less with int/faith and more with strength/dex
ecks fucking dee

Hence the patch :^)

You could try making the Flamberge Sharp and investing only in Dex, then dumping the rest of the points into Int/Faith. I got away with doing something like 25/25 on my Dex/Pyro build.

You can become a dungeon master.
Drop treasure throughout your dungeon and hide in some corner while invaders run through your magical realm.
It actually gets old real fast and waiting for invaders is boring.

>Alright we need to make elemental scaling infusion better, what do ?
>Decrease the faith/int scaling, increase the dex/str scaling
>B-but master miyazaki...

It has a pretty shit hitbox sometimes but its for a Maldron cosplay and it still works wonders for harassing people in Irithyll Dungeon

Thinking about it, but haven't killed Yhorm and Aldrich yet.

Thanks for the advice. Sad about the warrior thing, but I'll try and make it work with the vigor and vitality downgrade.

>Fight Lorian Cosplay
>He uses collapse after every attack causing him to get hit by fast weapons
>He still does it
Goddamn thats some dedication, now i'm kinda sad i didnt off myself to give him the win; that shit was hilarious

>nerf elemental infusions
>buff sharp infusions
>nerf spears of the church
Fuck you, Miyazaki.

Minimal stat investment for Flame Arc.
at 20/20 int faith it doesn't add enough to be worth the points spend on it.

>From says they will buff Blessed Gem
>they nerf it by about 5%
Maybe we don't understand Japanese enough

>level 35
>that HP
oh lawd

Thanks From, you ruined my SL100 pyro build. And it wasn't event that good lmao, now it's useless

I go by recommendations. Was thinking of wolnir's since it actually shows the face. I could replace oscuring for dark clutch, would also save time since I wouldn't have to get another covenant item. How much end would you recommend?

That sounds reasonable, I'll try that. Thanks!

THEN WHY DOES YURIA SERVE HIM HUH. WHAT EVIDENCE DO YOU HAVE HE IS DEAD. WHERE ARE THE REST OF THE SERPENTS.

>we're going to buff gem scalings
>nerf them even more

Why do Christians serve Jesus?

Japanese dialogue for Yuria when she dies explicitly states Kaathe is dead. Something about his dying wish.

The serpents are dead user.

No Dork Edge/10

Elemental infusions are all about str/dex now.

>Raw: 275 / 308
That's a 12% increase.
If we assume the raw broadsword got the same increase, it would be better than pre-patch raw ASS.
>327 VS 322

>Let's buff elemental infusions !
>Manage to fuck it up worse than before

>No reason to use Elements on Physical builds
>Elements make casters semi-competent in melee without relying on a 60 seconds countdown to shit AR
>Hey lets buff the physical scaling on elements

I'm half certain 27 is the softcap, which is why I told you to get that low, simultaneously hitting the softcaps for vig and dex. Not sure is 60 dex would be better after the patch, though. Lorian's seems edgier to me, partly because of the half hidden face. And you're edge incarnate, you don't need anyone's favor but if you really can't live without it, get the +3 version from the dlc

>that part of the game that makes you take a break from your NG+ run

Whats her name Veeky Forums?

>just got to farron swamp for the Xth time
>cant even be bothered to do the 5 minutes of running it will take to get to abyss watchers

honestly the first act of this game is almost indefensible.

I completely forgot about that, someone told me to use dark pyromancies. What staff should I use for dark edge?

>went to bed in a good mood because my shitty mage build was getting a buff
>it's borderline unusable now

Isn't it great Blessed weapons got nerfed guys? They were so overpowered. H-ha ha.

Undead settlement

I found another reference to the last Berserk chapter...

ouch that raw flamberge nerf for lowbies :( use to hit 243 at +2 it's down to 213 now.

>gee, these elemental infusions kinda suck since split damage gets fucked by our defense/resistance mechanics
>oh, I know, lets buff their physical damage so the portions of AR are more relevant and get fucked less
>we should do this by reducing how much the base AR gets reduced by the infusion right?
>NO LETS BUFF THE PHYSICAL SCALING, BETTER NERF THE ELEMENTAL SCALING TO BALANCE IT THOUGH :^))))))

Yes I am mad.

>I get 556 AR two-handed on a Chaos Zweihander with 60/44/9/9 STR/DEX/INT/FAI
What the fuck

r u stoopid?

I don't know lol. I never used it.