Just test drove a 2016 Golf R

I DD a 2010 base model Golf, why is the clutch feel on this thing SO much smoother? Mine feels "gritty" or rough. Also 290HP and a fuckload of low end torque, and AWD... Damn. In some ways it's a huge upgrade, dynamic chassis/suspension control is very cool as well

Convince me not to do it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qCsQYS3-lBk
ebay.com/itm/2016-Volkswagen-Golf-2-0T-R-Hatchback-AWD-/272687145524?hash=item3f7d6ba234:g:L10AAOSwurZZL6Ea&vxp=mtr
goapr.com/media/videos/PLz-Mlcla__UZFU79pf9R5YbdG9m1CRn97/qCsQYS3-lBk/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

its not real awd, as long as you don't mind it, I guess it's better than an STi.
When I test drove one, it wasn't as perky as I thought it was gonna be, but still fun and kinda comfy.

Literally fedora the car

If you can afford it, get it and APR tun it

bad ass sleeper car

one in in nice used condition is usually $35,000 for a 2016 with low miles though

kind of a lot for a little hatchback

Do it. It's a nice car and it's not some American/Japanese pos

Fuck that

Why would you not spend an extra ~$8k and get a Corvette? Also with 290hp coming from 2 liters I hope it has a fuck of a warranty considering how a 120hp VW can't hold it's self together.

you do realize these are 2 completely different cars, and the VW can at least make it a lap without losing oil

Nigger they are 11second quarter mile cars with a tune

how perky do you fucking want it

>its not real awd
yes it is

Anyone who spends 40k on a golf should choke themselves in their own dick

>you do realize these are 2 completely different cars

Yes I know. Gee an actual sports car vs a souped up fwd shitbox. That makes the Golf R even more retarded. The Golf is also pretty far from a family car and predominately driven by single IT guys so what's the point? If you're going full boyracer you might as well do it right.

But see that's it though, they need a tune to get there.
Stock is kinda slow to start.
Haldex is not true AWD, its 4wd you dumb nigger.

Trap speed and 60ft time as proof? Cause I'm calling bullshit on 11 seconds...

>real awd
>transverse engine

Yeah Nah. It's fwd biased which is automatically trash.

keep sperging, OP is clearly looking into a different market of cars.
you can still fit kids comfortably in the back of a golf, can't say that for a vette.
Also since when was a corvette a boyracer and not boomer fuel?

>why would you want an all-around practical car with sporty qualities when you can get a two-seater track machine
Please, leave. This site is 18+.

>But see that's it though, they need a tune to get there.

12.8 quarter mile bone stock, that is plenty fast

youtu.be/qCsQYS3-lBk

>Yeah Nah. It's fwd biased which is automatically trash.

it will put 50% of the power to the rears

>my impostor is a VAG fangirl

I thought you had better standars

Can you really afford a $30,000+ golf OP?

thats not stock, that has a stage 2 tune in it, it also says in the description about a downpipe, fucking liar.

>my impostor is an autistic bus rider
Not surprised, really.

That still makes it fwd. The only awd systems worth a shit are rwd biased or a static split like a Evo or some shit.

>thats not stock, that has a stage 2 tune in it,

Yes no shit I said with a tune it was an 11 second car

12.8 stock

there are no buses in my town ffs

at least inform yourself

>cars are running 10second quarter miles on the platform
>total shit

oh ok
>That still makes it fwd.
the fuck it does

Well not normally... But this one is

>Drumroll

25k with 20k miles because it was lemon law'ed HAHA but it's been rebuilt and supposedly passes inspection

But I started this thread to discuss the car, in a few years I'll be able to afford a used one, it's either that.. a GTI, focus ST, maybe.... WRX/STI but I much prefer the styling and feel of VW or Ford to subie

Im gonna need proofs on that 12.8, the most im seeing is the 13.1 time.

You can literally make anything 10 seconds these days. There's daily driven diesel trucks that would rip the Golf a new asshole. Getting a Golf to that level would be ridiculously expensive and unreliable.

Take the front driveshafts out of the Golf and see what happens. Fuck off with that crossover ass fwd biased shit.

>25k with 20k miles because it was lemon law'ed HAHA but it's been rebuilt and supposedly passes inspection

nah fuck that don't get involved

is it this car?

ebay.com/itm/2016-Volkswagen-Golf-2-0T-R-Hatchback-AWD-/272687145524?hash=item3f7d6ba234:g:L10AAOSwurZZL6Ea&vxp=mtr

You don't need an R over GTI unless you plan on tuning or live in area with very heavy weather.

no point in buying an ST, piles of cheap shit, stay away from ford.

Does the VW factory warranty still apply?

In a few years your situation is going to be different.

>Im gonna need proofs on that 12.8, the most im seeing is the 13.1 time.

>in real world testing. APR was able to achieve a quarter mile pass of [email protected] MPH on an unmodified Golf R

goapr.com/media/videos/PLz-Mlcla__UZFU79pf9R5YbdG9m1CRn97/qCsQYS3-lBk/

>You can literally make anything 10 seconds these days
blatantly untrue, few tranny/drivetrains will hold up to that

With 25k you can get a base 2015/16 Mustang GT
Hell I got my premium package for 28k
>435HP
>0-60 in 4.4s
>sounds like a beast growling

It's like you didn't even read through the thread before posting.

The R will launch much better on street tires than a GTI, a tuned GTI will wheelspin through 3rd gear in FWD and not be very safe

Why would I care about you random bus riders? I only care about OP

Nah this one's in Orlando, it is off lease only tho

someone literally beat that car to death and got VW to bite the bullet on it

unless the rest of the factory warranty is still good I would not touch it with C.'s dick

How so? I'll be able to afford cars to my taste.. small, comfy, quick

I also have a hard on for diesels, Passat/Golf/Jetta TDI? Yum

I'm sorry but that's not my thing. Pigfat, douchey looking car, I respect it's performance and that others like it, but I prefer more subdued styling, sleep type shit

You can also wrap it around a tree or ride up a local curb for free

>I prefer being slow
O-Okay man. How dare I keep you from eating quality shit.

Yeah, I mean like I said I've got no intention of buying this one... I just wanted to see what power was like, I've only ever driven GTIs and v6 Genesis's lmao, just wanted to taste the rainbow of real performance

The MK7 Golf R is just as fast as that stang you nigger

You're thinking of the GTI

Jesus way to miss the point. I'd rather get something that doesn't look so trashy, I'd love to go that fast but it wouldn't be worth it in a car like that. Now something like a charger hellcat, or a Taurus SHO... Hell yeah

well what did they say about the rest of the factory warranty? Good or not?

Shit:/ really? I think an STI is more tippy. Or BRZ/FRS

>slowlets boiracers on damage control

There's 10 second diesel trucks on stock trannies and plenty of stock tranny Corvettes running 10's. Throw $1500 worth of parts into the tranny and it's now good for 1500hp. Good luck pulling that off with a fragile VW dct.

I don't know why you'd get a R for drag racing anyways.

It's good yeah! But I can't afford it right now I'm a student, I "could" but I shouldn't, need to save and wait until I really have the disposable income, and even then I'd take one that isn't possibly a fucking lemon

GTFO you degenerate shitposter, go shill ford somewhere else, you aren't wanted

? The Golf R is literally just as fast as the stang and the stang is far more "boiracer" than a VW

>I don't know why you'd get a R for drag racing anyways.

because it's awd and with the DSG runs very consistent low 11second quarter mile times with a tune and 104 race gas?

No DCT m8, just a solid 6 speed. Fuck automatics

And fuck man, I AGREE with you, no one's challenging there's more potential with a higher displacement engine and a more durable platform, but you don't get the comfy, composed, snappy handling and the looks to boot

You said you could get anything into the 10s, then you throw out an oddball diesel truck (with no doubt a rock solid drivetrain) ....and a vette

but most cars do not have drivetrains that could put up with that stress

I spend a lot of time at the track and when you start getting into the low 11s and do a lot of passes you are going to break the vast majority of even sports car drive trains

>It's good yeah! But I can't afford it right now I'm a student, I "could" but I shouldn't, need to save and wait until I really have the disposable income, and even then I'd take one that isn't possibly a fucking lemon

so convince you not to buy a lemon law car you were not going to buy anywway

honest thread OP thanks

>4.9s is the same as 4.4s

This
Haha hey it was a good thread, got some discussion going, and I was thinking about it, still am, but I wanted to hear if anyone had experience with it

Okay so you need to spend $40k on a car to beat some shitty drag car with a junkyard ls and a ebay turbo? There's a million better choices if you want to get into drag racing.

Because most sports cars are stressed to the limit unlike American sports cars and muscle cars that use truck engines and transmissions. There's a million examples on youtube of people building 11 second cars in their sheds with junkyard parts. You got to realize that a tiny 4 cylinder won't hold up to multiple drag runs hence why their rarely used in drag racing.

You're an autistic motherfucker aren't you?

>Okay so you need to spend $40k on a car to beat some shitty drag car with a junkyard ls and a ebay turbo? There's a million better choices if you want to get into drag racing.

Drag racing as a hobby is not really about "beating" people by going faster, if that were the case everyone would run 9 second LS powered rail cars with 4.56 rear ends

it's more about being consistent when bracket racing

People who drag their dailys at the track are bracket racing, not heads up racing, it's about cutting a good light and running consistent times

you should go hand out at a track if you want to learn more about it

>40k for a golf
/thread

>it's another hating on a quick, well made grocery getter thread

Bench racers would start to compare it to sports cars.

>People who drag their dailys at the track are bracket racing, not heads up racing, it's about cutting a good light and running consistent times

this

Okay so if anyone's still here and shitting on the car... What's a better alternative that isn't some muscle car that's completely different from the category a Golf R fits in

A factory sleeper? not much

04-06 pontiac GTO

new Chevy SS

perhaps a WRX with the spoiler removed

Get a real car.

Nothing. It's literally the best hot hatch in everything except for price.

I wish they were not so fucking expensive, 10k more than a GTI, fuck

I love the cars you mentioned but they're not in the same league. Doesn't have the fit and finish nor practicality of an R

the 05 GTO had really nice fit and finish

What do you want an M3 an M5?

Uhh.. a golf r has all the qualities of a fantastic overall car. You posted hotrods with shit interiors/build quality

What pussy ass place do you come from? In America it's the fastest who get paid and the fastest who get laid. Bracket racing is boomer tier shit.

The Pontiac GTO was built by Monaro and had every bit as nice an interior and fit and finish as a BMW M5 or similar car

>What pussy ass place do you come from? In America it's the fastest who get paid and the fastest who get laid. Bracket racing is boomer tier shit.

almost all street legal cars drag racing at the track are bracket racing, like 90% plus

Just curious - why would you want a Golf if you live in America? It's understandable in large European cities, where parking is tight, but it makes little sense to deliberately go for a hatch elsewhere.

Because it's AWD (the only other fast AWD cars in the USA are the WRX or $50,000+ cars), because it's not really known in the USA that the Golf R is a 12 second car, people just think you have a golf and don't look twice, the new Mustangs and Camaros just scream mid life crisis or tryhard, the golf looks like and econobox but flies

Okay these are some suggestions I can get behind, those are sweet cars (OP here) I've always drooled over GTOs

Disgusting
This :D this is exactly my motivation

>Okay these are some suggestions I can get behind, those are sweet cars (OP here) I've always drooled over GTOs

Check out the Pontiac G8 with the 6.2 as well

post yfw

Pontiac is cool but no, the interior is absolute garbage , the pedals are horribly placed, the clutch and shifter are subpar.

I wish that had come out

>, the interior is absolute garbage

The Monaro GTO interior was not garbage and won much praise and awards

I say get proper sports car and a 3k civic for you and your family.

This is too retarded even for underage b&. Try harder.

>STi not practical

It has more room and is cheaper with better performance and aftermarket. If you're considering the R, you should just get a 335i. Hatchbacks aren't the end all be all of practicality especially if you have a family. And the haldex system is garbage fuck off.

>Mustang
>Sports Car

Top kek

>golf
>fast

>Hatchbacks aren't the end all be all of practicality
It's literally the whole point of a hatchback, benchracing cretin.

>It has more room and is cheaper with better performance and aftermarket.

The WRX STI and the Golf R are almost exactly the same price and the Golf can be more cheaply modded via APR than the subie, you are wrong

STI rides like a skateboard and looks like a vapemobile. Please stop posting on this board until the puberty is over with you.

12second quarter mile
>not fast