/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Extra Crispy Edition
Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not as dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of Ded Earf
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>Garry's Mod
>GearBlocks
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMade

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general.

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/489460/?snr=1_4_4__128
youtube.com/watch?v=rv84cJRDMWE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fiourveth for not engineering

2nd for REM tanks w h e n

+24 hours

4th for Mr roboto on the lose.

WHAT IS REM
WHAT DOES IT STAND FOR

revamped /egg/ modelling

Remnants of engineer memes

>accelerate past 1000 m/s
>server crashes

The rest of it?

>robocucking in planes
>get shitty tiny map
>quit match
>join another match after my 5min punishment to see if I get a map I like

Games without a server list were a mistake.

But what I want to know is where's the missile.

Renegade Engineering Masquerade

>world's most expensive hole punch
It just goes through steel plates with minimal energy transfer, what use is it as a weapon?

To bust her bunker.

>hit engine block
>ship no longer functions

Hitscan accuracy?
And idk, but have you seen those sparks?
Imagine this round going straight to rocket depot in other ship
Or fuel tanks.
Or reactor.

I think this is the bare minimum to start a new colony in terms of supplies.

Pic is the 11 block escape ship. Though I've landed a 6 block with those supplies on board. Really hard to land a one direction thruster ship.

Did you know that modern artillery shells often include explosives?

Ever since they loaded canon balls with gunpowder I think.

>25cm hole through anything
>such as
>the ammo store

>glorified APFSDS
>maybe with more range and accuracy
I'd expect a naval rail mounted coilgun to at least tear a corvette in two, basically turning metal into liquid from massive energy transfer

Is Subnautica /egg/?

YES, WELCOME

Can you build U botes in it? NO? Then no.

It would transfer that energy to the air before the ship, fool. A moab would work better.

but I can make bote
water bote
like normal bote but more underwatering

That's not how hypersonic velocities work, but it may or may not vaporize some air moisture in its wake

>in terms of supplies
Vague phrasing.

Regardless, you're probably still far beyond what would be considered "minimal".
For example, by removing the oxygen generator in favour of a large number of (pre-filled) oxygen bottles, you can significantly cut down on mass (provided cargo volume permits).
The empty bottles can then be scrapped in an assembler for nickel (enough for 6 motors), meaning you have to worry less about finding it early on - leaving you more time to focus on iron and ice.

Assuming you don't intend to scrap any blocks (pre-existing or newly built), you'll need to carry supplies for one solar panel, one assembler and one arc furnace.
A battery would be optional, but I see you're bringing power cells. Further, you'll need enough spare computers for a refinery.
Provided you don't weld any blocks fully, that means your inventory should include:
>264 steel plates
>62 construction components
>3 large steel tubes
>12 motors
>132 computers
>4 displays
>120 power cells
>64 solar cells

Given that it's a lot less than what you're actually bringing, I do wonder what you intend to build.
I'm going off the block costs on spaceengineerswiki, and not the actual ingame values - I hope they do not differ

>devs are fucking hippies and forbid you from damaging enemies
>encounters are annoying, not scary or interesting due to this
Pass

>vaporize some air moisture
>vaporize water vapour
Time to sleep, user.

Tell me /egg/, how come I can throw an aluminum beer can into a fire and it will burn and turn to ash, instead of melting into metal goo?

because aluminum is just going to oxidize at that temp, oxides are stable as fuck bro. You could probably get it into a molten state if you had a high enough temp so that an oxide wouldn't form, but the aluminium is probably ionized by that point

All sorts of metals burn if you powder them. It's one way to add different colors to your home made fireworks.

Nth for what is a IOIER?

The knife still werks though.
So does the toxic torpedo.
Stasis rifle is just something to facilitate the following chopping.
Also you can hatch a fish and immediately throw it into a generator for power, not even Eggman's stuff killed it's organic power source.

Maybe its better we didn't know.

>The knife still werks though.
>knife
>against a reaper

You first, friendo.

you sound like a PUSSY to me

>Wake up
>Open browser
>Open new thread
>Page 10

All of the day bro

we ded, what did you expect?

r8 my factorio plan. Will use this facility to build a bigass rocket facility later.

plz no bully

what game is this and how many thousands of hours can I blow on it?

Is shit

Spengies. 400.

>busfags
lmao

are you a pastanigger?

>Is shit
how shit

ty

saw this in my steam homepage

store.steampowered.com/app/489460/?snr=1_4_4__128

is this like a bott version of beseige?

Is shit

Formulaic shit. Stick to Meta.

I'd get it if there were better water physics than what the trailer shows (which you should really have if your game is based in the fucking ocean).
Isn't too expensive for what it is though, you can be the first /egg/man to try it if you really want

how new are you

I mean, it looks aight, but it looks like beseige and it kind of bore me so I fear a different /egg/man might need to play it.

also the water physics really do look shite.

>how many thousands of hours can I blow on it?

I never realized I clocked out at such a perfect moment.

nice quads

I need even more help on FtD my dudes.
I m trying to build a CIWS turret so i copied this one in the vid youtube.com/watch?v=rv84cJRDMWE but even when i get it exactly the same as his, my turret cant hit shit, any tips or better examples to copy?

Just tried posting this and it says im banned for pic related reason, wtf

>building shit on both sides of the bus
oh you poor fool

Are you missing or are the flak shells hitting behind the missiles?
You may need to tweak the offset time on the laser targetter.

They are just fucking missing by miles, the vid i linked is the exact turret but his works and mins wont

That guy sounds flamboyantly gay, Can't watch/10

Try longer barrels if the issue is accuracy and mix in some tracer rounds. ciws is fickle. mine will shoot down 100% of missiles from my test platform but it sucks in actual combat.

rate my chopper

Use a rotor to connect large and small blocks.
You only need an arc furnace and assembler for large blocks.

Make everything else small.

Prettycooliguess/10

I work on Empyrion, ask your questions

Tanks?

Maybe

When will we have moving parts like rotors, hinges, or pistols?

Post-release, most likely.

Rapid Eye Movement

>antiship/antiarmor
>energy transfer
>not systems damage and crew kills
Did you beat yourself with the stupid stick extra hard today? You blow up the penetrator inside. Or, do nothing, and let the shock, heat and spall do everything.

Like I said, oversized office supplies.

Just like how nuclear bombs are oversized space heaters, and how battleships are oversized bathtub toys.

You do realize that anything in the vicinity of an incoming APFSDS strike gets completely buttfucked right
That's not something you survive. The naval railgun will completely core any vessel afloat. Sniping engines, computers, VLS cells and the con will very much be a thing.

What kind of targets are they even supposed to use a naval railgun for? You'd think with the anti-ship missiles available by the time the railgun enters service they won't get within 100 miles of whatever they wanted to shoot.

You can hit pretty much anything.

>you can hit ANYTHING
>see that mountain? You can hit it

Todd, Molineux, pls go

How are they supposed to hit anything when they'll never get into firing range? At max range we're probably talking accuracy of like within 100meters which isn't very useful.

Wasn't there some guidance package for projectiles in the works? Like the one for old unguided bombs?

Some of the difference is me rounding up. Like the 3 large steel tube became 5.

The escape pod is designed to be able to survive in space and land on a planet. So that is why it has the oxygen generator.

Our biggest difference appears to be steel plates and construction components. Not sure why on the later, but the steel is for building a base platform. Also there seems to be a minor difference between game and wiki.

Also it should be noted that this won't work in multiplayer because generally you need a large beacon and 40 radios for a large beacon is heavy.

1. Guided projectiles
2. You underestimate the range

>battleships are oversized bathtub toys.
i don't actually see anything wrong with this statement

>You have 239 Friends who play Space Engineers

why not? I'll get a really strung out facility if I don't

>only thing that can kill a modern battleship is a dedicated carrier or another battleship
>far, far cheaper to build, maintain and arm
>Delet everything from coastlines up to 20km inland for the price of one bombing run
>don't need to train pilots

They're brettygud, but the current dick waving contest is carriers. That'll change in war time.

Why do these types of games (Besiege, FtD, etc) always have to be such blocky shit, it turns me off from playing them due to blocks being unaesthetic as fuck and terrible for ship design

>anti-ship missiles

Will be a non-threat

forgot my pic

>only thing that can kill a modern battleship is a dedicated carrier or another battleship
or any of the five thousand different ways you can mount a cruise missile on literally any vehicle, fifty times, in order to launch a missile fifty times at the battleshit to kill it to death

even when naval railguns becomes the standard, battleships are just bigger targets for enemy railguns.

>formerly /svgg/ - space voxel games general
I dunno m8

>launching missiles at warships in the future

A futile effort

I'm just disappointed in reality for the hundredth or so time

Oh look a shiny laser system it would be a real shame if I fired a laser at it.

>fire anti-laser laser at your laser

pshh nothing personel

> Not having anti laser laser lasers to kill your anti laser laser
Get a load of this child fufufu

>Not building your missiles out of mirrors to reflect the laser's beam back at itself

*teleports CIWS behind you *
Heh, impressive. You made me summon my perfect defense.

>USS Ponce

That's an unfortunate name.