PlayStation Vita General 2962 - Starry Eyes Edition

Previous Thread: >Vitagen Website (News, Translations, Guides, Wikis and more)
vitageneral.com

==========================================

>Dungeon Travelers 2-2 voice actor gameplay series, part one
youtu.be/HwNWaflBLIU

>Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory details protagonist
gematsu.com/2017/04/digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-hackers-memory-details-pr

>Limited Run Games Announces Risk of Rain, Ys Origin & Mutant Mudds
playstationlifestyle.net/2017/04/03/limited-run-games-announces-risk-rain

>Akiba’s Trip series tops 300,000 in Japan,360,000 in the west
gematsu.com/2017/04/akibas-trip-series-tops

>No Plans For Musou Stars DLC Characters
archive.is/5fxT1

>Nep-Nep Connect: Chaos Chanpuru pre-registration opened in Japan
gematsu.com/2017/04/nep-nep-connect-chaos-chanpuru

>Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World- Death or Kiss trailer
youtu.be/LoSqlfmpiMA

>April Fools’ Day 2017 compilation
gematsu.com/2017/03/april-fools-day-2017

>Gaijinworks Shares English Draft of Summon Night 6’s Full-Color Manual
dualshockers.com/2017/03/31/summon-nig

>Blue Reflection Launch Trailer
youtu.be/0VHA6cVRU58

>Dungeon Travelers 2-2 details Dressing Room,White Album 2 and Utawarerumono DLC
gematsu.com/2017/03/dungeon-travelers-2-2-details-dressing

==========================================

>PS+ FAQ
support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2034

>PS+ Current Offerings
(US) blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/
(EU) blog.eu.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/

>PS Store Updates
(US) blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-store/
(EU) blog.eu.playstation.com/tag/playstation-store-update/

>PS Store Weekly Sale
(US) psprices.com/region-us/discounts?sort=date&platform=PSVita
(EU) psprices.com/region-gb/discounts?sort=date&platform=PSVita

>PSN Friends List
friends.vitageneral.com/

I was expecting you to use this or the Lilian one

Good to have something for flat lovers too.

Flat business i see

WAKE UP

Why does it seem like this list gets crappier every time it is updated?

For the longest time it only had great recommendations on it. Even ones I didn't like seemed to be there because they would appeal to someone. Now, it seems like anything will be added to it just for being new. Even if that is not the case, it feels like the bar for being added to the list has been lowered significantly.

Thank you

Reminder that the current EU sale has pretty much everything you'd want for Vita for cheap.

EXCEPT FOR ATELIERS. Is this like the third time they've pulled this stunt? What the hell, Koei Tecmo, Firis is a new game you could have used to promote the earlier games for a nice discount, and even when there's practically everything else on sale, you just refuse to lower the prices for Ateliers. What the hell gives? I want to give you guys my money!

I want to trade panties with Shihori.

I wonder if they make more money not putting up sales.

Is what I have so far good?

Also, should I grab Trails of Cold Steel on Vita or PS3?
PS3 is cheaper, but Vita is comfy.

>every time it is updated
It hasn't been updated since mid-January, so it's kind of late to be complaining about it now.

Yes, they are recommended by many people here.

Looks solid to me. How do you feel DRPGs about? DT2 is a very good in that genre, there's a demo for that too if you want to try it out.

It saddens me to think how the general opinion on handheld ports has dwindled in the recent years. A good example would be Dragon Quest 8 for the 3DS - a port of an older game to a device with a lower resolution, making the needed compromises and adding new content, and still some people complain how it looks worse than the original. Well NO FUCKING SHIT. It's like people can't handle or fathom the differences when porting a game from a home console on a portable with wildly different specs.

I brought this up because I've been thinking a lot about the theoretical possibilities of seeing Persona 5 on Vita, and what would be the things that people would be complaining about. I still think it will probably never happen, but if it would, how would the game be compromised on Vita? Of course, one solution would be to make it in the same kind of style as P3P was back in the day, but I think many fans would have preferred a real 3D environment to move around in. It's not like Vita is incapable of handling a 3D world, just with lower texture quality and all that. P5 was originally a PS3 game, after all, and Gust has made some kickass ports of their PS3 games for Vita, framerates be damned.

I don't think it would be impossible, but highly improbable ever happening. There was one user who believed it could happen, but I'd like to know on what do they base this claim.

Looks good. I haven't played the LoH games, but they are well regarded by many.

Lucifer will probably chime in about Muramasa being bad, but he's just plain wrong, so ignore him.

Looks like a good list of games that will keep you busy. If you enjoy Steins;Gate, consider getting Steins;Gate 0 at a later point.

I played Trails of Cold Steel on the Vita, so I cannot say anything on the PS3 version. To me, the Vita version ran fine for the most part (and it was comfy), but there was some rare slowdown on it. It was not enough to deter my enjoyment of the game. I imagine the PS3 version will run better. One of my favorite RPGs in recent memory. You will need to get Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2 because they lead directly into each other.

>How do you feel about DRPGs?

I've only played Demon Gaze, which I enjoyed until the game became bullshit RNG.

It having been bad doesn't suddenly make it good. I have mentioned it in the past too. Plus, it bumps the thread.

Trails is the type of game I think works better on the Vita. There is also cross save so you aren't really out if you decide you want a PS3 copy later.

No one expects handheld games to look like the current gen of home consoles, but DQ8 came out on the PS2.

Muramasa is bad though. Odin's Sphere and Dragon's Crown are both significantly better.

I would also say to skip Steins Gate and to watch the anime instead.

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir > Muramasa Rebirth > original PS2 Odin Sphere.

Dragon's Crown is hard to compare directly due to having a very different structure and multi-player.

None of them are bad games, though. Just because you didn't personally enjoy Muramasa doesn't make it bad.

No Muramasa is bad because it is bad. I have already explained why multiple times, and will again if I need too. I am objective enough to tell the difference between a game be legitimately bad, and just not being my thing.

>I have already explained why multiple times, and will again if I need too.
No need. I think most of us are familiar with your reasoning; the majority just disagree.

I need to sleep, anyway.

Most people agree with most of my reasons. Whether it ruins the overall experience or not tends to be the only point of contention.

Only a few contrarians try to pretend the issues are non-existent.

>these PS+ games

I guess Sony knows that there's a fuckload of other games to play and just threw some garbage out this month.

>Recommend watching anime instead of reading the VN. Literally downgrading one's experience with the series.
>Calls DRPG 2D pixel shit.
>Claims to dislike visual novels by principle and compare it equivalently with books.
>Starts arguments with "I have standards".
>Starys arguments with "Say what you want but it won't change the truth".
>Objective.
And these are just what I happen to see here.

Mr God-king "I am rarely wrong" Lucifer, guys. Of course you're rarely wrong if you consider your opinions to be truth, it's the perfect circular logic. You might not even notice the times when you are being hypocritical.

This is not about starting an argument. This is about calling you out on your shit. You rebutt if you want, but at this point it won't change minds. That we think your opinions are unjust.

I don't know why I can't bring myself to enjoy Muramasa Rebirth. I played the Wii version years back and loved it, I don't know why I'm not enjoying myself all that much now.

Back then I even played Musou mode and now I'm playing Shura. Maybe I should just get Odin Sphere instead.

They know they already won the console war with the PS4, and they know that people will pay for + just to play online, so they aren't even trying with the free games anymore.

Except all your rampant, off-topic shit posting just means people are less likely to take what you posted seriously. They will just chalk it up to blind trip hate. You are ruining your own crusade.

It doesn't take advantage of the vita's better controls so it feels out of place, and the translation seems way worse, imo. I don't even know why they felt the need to re-translate it.

I think the biggest issue I have with it though, is there is no penalty for death and both vanilla characters play exactly the same.

Do you guys ever find yourselves wanting to the play vita with lots of free time on hand and then find yourselves not actually playing the vita during that free time?

Because it happens to me a lot.

Yeah, happens to me all the time. I had two free years after graduating, and I naively thought that I could finally play all those backlog games through. I think I managed to play through 25% of what I had back then, and have bought a ton more games since then.

It really sucks when you want to play, but don't feel like it even though you have all the time in the world. Depression is a bitch.

>Thinking a tripfag is anything but a retard

You lost when you responded to him

Not really. I usually have one game I'm playing at the time, and I'll devote my time to it then. Though then there's games like Omega Labyrinth that I play between the games I find more important. Started it after I finished Shallie+, played until Firis arrived, played more after finishing Firis and now it's on break since P5 arrived.

It's a good game for short bursts like this since it's a dungeon crawler though knowing what item does what is a bit hard when I don't read Jap at all. Oh well, other things make up for it.

At least learn kana if you're going to play nip games. A lot of menus and stuff are written using it so it helps a ton with navigation and other basic stuff.
It literally only takes a couple days to learn, maybe two weeks if you're super braindead.

I'm finding myself in this kind of situation:

>want to play the vita
>is currently doing something on the computer
>thinking I will just "finish up" doing that something and then go to the vita
>suddenly really late at night
>never end up going to the vita

It's not like I have an actual problem of lacking the feeling of wanting to play, I just never got around to it for some reason.

1-5 yes
6-9 no
0 wait

I really should but it's just boring memorization. Should download a app for that again, I had one but my motivation went somewhere after some tries.

>Bishoujo matsuri theme has 1 CG and nice character skittles.
>PS+ theme has 1 CG,
>Famitsu theme has 1 CG.
>Dengeki theme has 1 CG.
>Preorder bonus theme has 3 CGs, 1 lockscreen and 1 bgm.

>Open up Perfect Character Profile magazine and input the code.
>1 CG.

Not even mad by now, but it's kinda funny that they nicely (almost, at least) form one complete theme if I can combine them. Too bad there's no such option.

Sadly this isn't anything new for Gust. I would rather have one good theme than many shitty ones. Sophie had also rather bad ones.

Yeah, quite a shame there isn't a complete one, since the CGs are pretty nice.

The only perfect one I've seen so far is a Rorona one released for Dengeki 20th (25?) anniversary magazine.

Must wait until they release the complete visual book ;_;

kurisu a cute!

A Tuturuu a day keeps Vitagen's death away.

Reminds me that are 4 books now and apparently the 5th one is a complete guide. I guess it'll end with the visual book being the 6th.

Cute bra.

I'm starting to think Blue Reflection could have done without all the sexualizing and fetishism

I'm not complaining.

Last one.

It's unpolished as an RPG. Could use improvement in many areas. Not to mention it launched not long after Persona 5, and has similarities. People are going to compare the hell out of them.

Yes, but it happens more when I want to play more than one game, can't decide, then end up playing neither as a result.

If it is a game then I already won, so just get over it, use an anonimizer and move on with your life.

Man-puke-maru and Mana worst characters. Though they are both better than mose SK characters.

Little Witch game when?

chaos;child when

Cute girl

Wow, the EU sale is tremendous compared to yesterday's flash sale. It's a shame I'm not using that account right now.

>I would also say to skip Steins Gate and to watch the anime instead.
ayy lmao

P5 has subway posters for rise's album and the neet-idol from p4d's single.

Thought you'd like to know.

But everyone knows that since last year.

Ok? Not everyone waited for an English release

He is just trying to help. There is no need to bully him for it.

Are you going to tell us how Pixie is in the game like it was in P4 too?

Let's be honest though, if BR wasn't about little girls peoples would forgive it's shortcoming so much more easily.

I'm not bullying him. I actually thought it was clumsily endearing. And fuck you Lucy.

>trying to help
>with useless trivia
Not even giving you a proper (You)

Also, playing P5 right now after playing so much Ayesha, and I'm already disappointed about several things

One thing I know for sure is that BR looks and sound better. I don't understand how P5 isn't fully voiced when Gust games are.

I really hope it's soon

Pixie is in every SMT though...

BR isn't fully voiced either.

Is it? I don't mean the normalfag NPCs.
In Atelier at least, characters with their own voice actor is actually fully voiced as opposed to Persona only acting when the game feels like it.

Some of the fans are pretty extreme.

This isn't anything new for nips.

She doesn't show up in Demon Slayer Revelations aka Last Bible I.

Does P5 at least not have a twist ending that will give the game zero replay value once you know it?

Seems more like a shop than something one person would own. Owning that much isn't extreme, but there are a ton of duplicate items there.

I wonder if he prefers to make her wish come true or likes her flat. What a problem.

I didn't know that

Is this love?

>Shiren The Wanderer for £9.99

Worth it?

nice
i wonder what they'll even put on sale during Golden Week since this already has a lot of Jap titles

Yeah

>DT2 is 10€
Oh nice. Maybe I'll pick it up.

I don't why but I thought furi was on vita for a moment

>EU have a better sale
>Again

Storyline-advancing events are fully voiced. Sub events aren't.

The sentence starts earlier

The sentence is structured awkwardly.

Better than no voices during the literal intro.

>EU keeps getting better sales than NA

At least this prevents my backlog from expanding further.

EU actually buy the good weeb games.

Media Create Sales: Week 13, 2017 (Mar 27 - Apr 02)

02./00. [PS4] Warriors Stars # (Koei Tecmo) {2017.03.30} (¥7.800) - 40.368 / NEW

03./00. [PS4] Blue Reflection: Maboroshi ni Mau - Shoujo no Ken # (Koei Tecmo) {2017.03.30} (¥7.800) - 34.592 / NEW

06./00. [PSV] Warriors Stars # (Koei Tecmo) {2017.03.30} (¥6.800) - 17.866 / NEW

08./00. [PSV] Blue Reflection: Maboroshi ni Mau - Shoujo no Ken # (Koei Tecmo) {2017.03.30} (¥6.800) - 13.850 / NEW

09./00. [PSV] Re:Zero - Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Death or Kiss # (5pb.) {2017.03.30} (¥7.500) - 11.762 / NEW

17./00. [PS4] Re:Zero - Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Death or Kiss # (5pb.) {2017.03.30} (¥7.500) - 6.331 / NEW

18./00. [PSV] Chaos;Child: Love Chu Chu!! # (5pb.) {2017.03.30} (¥6.800) - 6.240 / NEW

19./07. [PSV] Accel World Vs. Sword Art Online: Millennium Twilight (Bandai Namco Games) {2017.03.16} (¥6.800) - 5.402 / 53.720 (-44%)

>No minecraft

It's on that teetering 20/21 line now.

>BR 48k
So it didn't beat Sophie (68k) but it's a bit more than Firis (43k),
though the latter released in a heavier period.

I think it's still going quite well though, people seem to be still recommending it.

Meanwhile there is news that KT adjusted their financial forecast down a bit due to lower than expected Warriors stars numbers.

Minecraft is probably just below 20th place (5066).

Everything about this cover is great

>PlaySexy VINTA TV

This made me giggle.

>19./07. [PSV] Accel World Vs. Sword Art Online: Millennium Twilight (Bandai Namco Games) {2017.03.16} (¥6.800) - 5.402 / 53.720 (-44%)
Damn, this one tanked real hard.

I still don't think publishers decide what games are on sale on the PSN Store.
I'm assuming you got this idea off Steam, it's not Steam.

Someone fucking nuke japan again