Questions That Don't Deserve There Own Thread -/qtddtot/

Questions That Don't Deserve There Own Thread

>ctrl + f "/qtddtot/
>no results

Post your questions here and hopefully someone can help. I'll start

My right rear door isn't shutting all the way; it's as if something is getting caught. I noticed it when I went to go wash my car and there were water dots on the INSIDE of the window. The weather strips are intact and attached; I've also looked at the door itself and the mechanisms on it, but can't seem to find out what part is stuck, why it is, and how to fix it.

>Pic Related

That's your fault for buying a 40-year-old land barge. Enjoy getting 7 MPG on the highway?

Does an Evo 6 have a rear diff, and is welding it as good an idea in real life as it is in my head?

Yes, an evo 6 will have a rear differential

I wouldn't because if you can afford an Evo you should be able to afford a good torsen or other locking diff

its a project car for racing, I want to make it oversteer, from what I've been reading AWD cars dont work that way?

How to accomplish lyfgoals?

why the fuck do shit heads mark up cars from 01-03 to 5k when they know its only worth 1-3 k

Because everyone on craigslist is gonna try to talk you down, so you inflate the price to create room to negotiate. Then the buyer thinks they've gotten a deal by talking you down a couple grand, and you still get what you wanted for it.

Car is from 89, not 79 so therefore not 40 years old yet. Also, is geared for highway travel and get around 22-25 mpgs on highway with cruise control set.

bimpedy bombedy bump

what is it

If you don't understand why it can't oversteer, then why do you think you would know how to weld the diff properly?

Does it not have an LSD in the back already?

Is the door sagging by chance? Is the locking mechanism lined to up the bolt on the door frame?

>you dont understand higgeldygoop technobabble
>I am the supreme autist of Veeky Forums

fuck off nigger I just want to drive quickly and turn well, I don't have a fucking clue yet, Im just brainstorming ideas to make it oversteer, and locking the rotation of the rear wheels seems like a great way to do that vOv

Is my solution to this dilemma sound, no it will not be driving on dirt

And if not, what other solutions are there?

Yeah but what about the transfer case

im focusing on the shit I need to focus on to make my car move at, at least 35 sanics, I don't know what a transfer case is, and I can pay people that do

Hmm I hadn't considered of the door is sagging but given the age of the car it is possible. I can't chwck now because it is dark out but I will look for that in the morning. Same for the mechanisms lining up, but again it didn't look like they were off alignment

what is the car

1989 Mercury grand marquis gs

Right

Learn more about cars and AWD. If the transfer case is engaged, you won't oversteer unless you're really dumb, get lucky with road conditions, or have a modicum of understanding the car

Or you could tone down the autism and answer my fucking question

>this sheer amount of butthurt

Or one could simply fuck off, becuase he'd doesn't what the fuck he's doing and legit shop isn't going to weld his diff for him.

Thoughts on the 300zx?

What size are your hands?

>assblasted autist upset he cant afford an evo
I get it now, nigger it only cost 15 grand, learn to save your fucking money

so how, oh supreme autist, who doth raineth on this cursed place with the blessings of the tendie, should thou maketh thy evo oversteer, according to thy shining light, oh divine autist of Veeky Forums?

What generation?

I'm thinking of putting an oil cooler on my '98 XJ to help with hot idle oil pressure, where do I tap the line for it?

The filter housing leaks a bit so I was considering a remote filter kit if it came with a cooler also.

Have a 2010 Hyundai Elantra with 113k miles. No notable issues beyond a hole in the gas tank that was patched years ago and hasn't leaked since and the rear windows don't react to the driver-side button anymore.

Exterior: 7/10
Interior: 6/10

What would user honestly pay?

I would pay you about 500 quid to park it somewhere I didn't have to see it

Was free to me, so.

Bump

>Retard has no concept of cars work, or why his solution won't, or even how to implement his solution.

>Calls everyone else on the board trying to help him Autists.

You're a special type of Drifttard aren't you?

>Board is for questions that dont deserve their own board

>Autist is upset I am asking a question

GAS GAS GAS

>You're the autist
I'm not the one keeps bumping the thread hoping someone will tell him something different.

Nigga if you don't know what a transfer case is you have no business welding diffs

oh and also

>"Lol stupid question"
>Helping

I fully understand its fucking hard to impossible to do, but it would be fucking mean in corners if it could be done, so how about just answer my fucking question instead of being the supreme autist of Veeky Forums

now, logically, when a cars rear wheels move at the same speed, they lose traction, causing deja vu

According to you asking about this is some kind of niggermancy?

no one has told me anything, thats kinda the issue

Oh no, am I going to mechanic hell now, oh dear

jesus save me from my wicked ways

>He keeps on spergtasming even after the third person on the board has told him its a bad idea.

Yeah that answer is kinda vague, why is it a bad idea dickhead

Where can I purchase headliner material of the same color my car came with from the factory

A trim shop, or there actually maybe a part # specific to the the headliner material from OEM.

I got 2 violations a few months ago. I have to pay a fine and take a BS safety class and then they wont go on my record. I have to have all this done by a set date in the future, but i noticed yesterday at the back of the packet of legal BS they gave me it says i had another court date last week. Doesnt say what it was for, im guessing its just a basic check in or something. Problem is i missed it, obviously. Is there any chance they could try to fuck me for that? Paper says ill get a bench warrant if i dont show, but is that all theyll do? Im calling in the morning about it to see, just wondering what to expect

I've got a car that's been exposed to the texas sun for about 30 years or so, so the leather/pleather's discolored.
Any ideas as to how to repair that?
It's not dirt, so a magic eraser and cleaner isn't gonna do squat. Trust me. I've tried.
As you can see under the arm rest, there's the original color of the panel.
I also don't know what to look for in terms of products if there's anything that can fix it.

I dont actually have a question, I'm just /r/ing that one pic of the bigass dump truck with the china tires and one broke a belt or someshit and its all ballooned out and fucked up.

anyone got a pic of the subaru brat tailgate mechanism? missing 1 or 2 parts in it

Bump

we're trying to keep you from doing something stupid asshat

you said it yourself you don have a fucking clue.

get a clue before you fucking do it

On the door striker bolt there should be a nylon insert. These like to dry rot and break away and then the door won't close completely.

>Pic related.

Most common spot to run oil to coolers/remote filters is from the oil filter pad. There's no doubt and adaptor out there that fits the 4.0. May even be a whole kit available still.

FWIW, oil coolers really only make a difference when engine speed is over 3000 rpm for sustained periods ime, so I don't know that it would do what you want. Why do you think idle oil pressure is low?

>Paper says ill get a bench warrant if i dont show, but is that all theyll do?
Well if you get stopped in that county for any reason you're going to the pokey until you can see a judge. Some places you might be there all weekend. Other jurisdictions may choose to pick up on the warrant but probably won't due to the expenses involved in prisoner transfer etc. though Texas DPS has been known to ship people across multiple counties for bench warrants.

But other than that, just issuing the warrant is it.

I lost the cigarette lighter for my car. What's a cool accessory I can leave in the receptacle in it's place?

pic related feels like a most useful thing you can put in there.

>time for the vehicle inspection of my W124 came up
>the only thing in my car that didn't work as it should was the parking brake
>after doing some research I found out how to adjust it
>do that in order to try to save some money instead of taking your car to garage
>found out my parking brake actually was now able to keep the car in place in slight downhills
>I HAVE FINALLY MENDED SOMETHING MYSELF I'M THE BEST MECHANIC EVER!!1!
>take the car to inspection as it was guaranteed to pass now
>well it didn't pass because the parking brake apparently only worked on the passenger side of my car

Given that I'm a dumbass it's possible that I turned the adjustment thingy the wrong way on the driver's side, is there a way to only test parking brake on one side on your car on your own if I try adjusting my parking brake myself again?

dude i just checked and the inserts are no longer there or are either dry rotted and are cracking. I think you just solved my problem! Do I just need new inserts, or a whole new bolt?

hey so I did check and the door doesn't look like it is sagging. The mechanism is lining up to the bolt, however I saw this user's post () and those inserts are no longer there. I'm going to call some parts stores and see if they have new ones.

Is there a car from the late 80s that has airbags, is STILL reliable and has cheap parts?
I can't find what I seek.

W124 and/or W201 Mercedes Benzes are pretty reliable and have relatively cheap parts. I'm not 100% about airbags but IIRC they were offered as an option for driver and front passenger.

>80's
>airbags
option on ford tempos early as 1984
Chrystlers had them as standard by 1988
1990 volvo 240 is probably your best bet for a good cheap reliable vehicle with airbags however
see above

The a/c in my car has been hasn't been blowing too cold. It will dip to warm and go back to cool. When I used one of those gauges it said it was filled. Tried to puff a little extra freon in to see what would happen and it jumped to red for a second. Is this bad signs of an issue? Or just because I tried to put some in when it didn't need it? And what could be wrong with my a/c seeing as it's not blowing cold.

The battery in my car is dying, so not sure if that's any issue. I think my a/c belt is slipping, or not turning properly? So thinking that's the issue.

Yeah i knew the warrant was bad news. After the fine is paid and i show ive taken the class the warrant will be cancelled right?

>put rear of vehicle on stands
>remove wheels
>adjust star adjuster on both sides
>put wheels back on
>engage parking brake
>try to turn the wheels by hand while still on the stands
>if they still turn by hand, repeat steps 2 through 5

i gotchu br/o/

Let him do it and fuck his car. Not our problem. After you tell someone not to do something 5+ times and they keep trying to find ways to do it and ignoring you, you just have to trust in darwinism

Can/o/ provide me with some cars which might have been consistently in production under the same name from the 60s/70s to today?

Corvette.

>tfw you want to wrench on your car but nothing is broken and you can't afford mods

I don't know what to do with myself

So I have the steering wheel in the left on my car and I generally like it, but it's larger than I'd like. I'm interested in fitting a smaller wheel but would really like to retain my airbag and general aesthetics if possible. Is there any reason I can't buy a cheap ebay wheel cut out the center then cut off the rim of my current wheel and weld them together?

Going to a dealership this week with uncle who owns an auto shop. Looking to buy a Toyota corolla primary. Around 2014 model what things should I know beforehand?

maintenance and audio system upgrades, my man

mustang? beetle? F-150? Suburban? There's more, just gonna think about it.

If the belt is old, replace it, but unless its consistently squeaking, its probably not the issue. Not sure what kind of setup you have, but if your evaporator core is corroded from too much ice buildup and melting. expansion valve could be old and dead, dryer could be clogged, etc. If you dont care about the ozone layer, start taking the system apart and figure out whats clogged or not opening/closing.

not him, but my Oil pressure in my 02 wrx seems kinda low too on hot days. On your average 60-75F day it sits around 15-20 psi. on 80+ its between 12 and 10 psi. I've confirmed that water temperature does have an effect on oil temperature from some experiments and part replacing last summer. on near 100 degree days it'll be dipping below 10psi. However in the snow, idle is like 90+ psi. How do I bring my oil pressure under control? How high is too high? How low is too low? I have an oil pressure gauge and before that I never saw the dummy light come on so....? /shrug everything is fine?

Anyone got a method for finding a heat source w/o buying one of those expensive heat cameras?
I'm trying to find where my catalytic converter is plugged so i can saw the bit, clean it out and clamp it back on.
Too cheap and lazy to buy and install a new one on my own and too cheap to have a shop do it. To my knowledge the way i've mentioned in the easiest and cheapest way of fixing the issue.

Or slap a truly fair price on it like an honest person and stay firm.

hello Veeky Forums. im looking to purchase a truck and I found a 2013 f150 xlt 4x4 with 96k miles on it for 21k. is this a decent deal?

It's got everything I'm looking for

Is a Toyota corolla 2014 70k miles good? It's around 18 k, I have excellent credit and the payments are 300.

Is it ok to stack shit on top of your jack to make it go higher

Thanks man.

Always something to be cleaned, whether its interior, exterior, or in the engine bay.

New bolts would be best. Replacement inserts tend not to last. Oh and this is one spot to use Ford parts if at all possible. Aftermarket ones like Dorman aren't worth shit (though better than nothing I suppose but only barely)

>shit
some shit is better than others
but try this, stack things UNDER your jack
>2x4s are good

OP is a Mercury Grand Marquis.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I tend to get OEM parts for anything I need to replace, so I was banking on getting stuff from Ford. Funny thing though - I called a Ford dealer and spoke with a guy in parts, apparently they don't make & stock those bolts anymore. They recommended I try to get bolts off a junkyard car. Not sure if that's factually true, or the guy I was talking with doesn't know what he was talking about.

Will changing the rod length but keeping the crank and pistons the same change the compression ratio?

Invest in driving lessons, you should be able to make that car rotate with out any niggery.

But if you do weld it, don't clean anything off the spider gears. The oil will help.

Not a question so much as a confession. I had a lot on my plate and was suffering some depression--long story short, I neglected maintenance on my truck for about a little over a year. I cringe whenever I think about it, even though I didn't haul anything or put many miles on it. I eventually caught up with it, and I'm due for my next scheduled maintenance soon. I gave her a nice detail last weekend. Sorry, truck.

Is the 6 speed tranny better than the 5 speed for the NB Miata?

I've read around and there are mixed feelings on the 6 speed because it's not a Mazda gearbox.

I bought pic related used from a dealer, thinking it would be all good. However, the insurance might end up being more than the actual car payment because it's relatively new.

If it comes down to it, would I be able to sell it back to the dealer with no credit penalties? I wouldn't mind paying off the extra balance since I know I fucked up.

Check with another dealer and if confirmed NLA then you'll have to go with some vendor like Obsolete Ford Parts or Green Sales Company.

anyone know a place to download hannes repair manuals?

I'm not getting any spark on my KA24DE

I heard the CAS inside the dizzy can get damaged by overheat, which is what the previous owner did.

It fired on the first crank after I put the head back on but never fired again. Only codes are for EGR temp sensor and IAC.

pic related

Anyone have that picture of the anime girl and an Audi R8?

You can sale it back to the dealer but they'll screw you over and may not buy it unless you're trading it in. I'd say shop around for insurance or go to carmax and sale it there.

I'd offer 19k but they're not too far off. Trucks are very expensive right now.

A Versa overtook me today.
How do I deal with this dirty feeling?

Tips on how to clean this gas tank?
>Would prefer not to drop it, but if I must, I'll do it tomorrow and just have it professionally done.
Uncle said to run some clean gas into it, mix it around, then drain it, repeat until clear gas, then maybe use a cleaner like Seafoam or something,
Brother said to just throw new gas in it, and soak the injectors in gas for a day, and call it good.

laquer thinner
use like a half gallon per 12 gallons of gas
does magic for your cat too

Anyone know anything about his company? Wheels came in my e30. I hate them but the tires have a lot of meat on them yet.

they're like $5 shipped for used ones on amazon
and you're going to want a hardcopy

redeem yourself on the touge

sell on CL to some jamoke then get decent used tires on some steelies
>for extra cash save, get the steelies from a junkyard instead of used tire shop

So I have a W124 Mercedes Benz with M103 engine and a mk2 MR2 with 3S-GE engine.

How does one get some extra power out of NA engines? Seriously is there any practical and/or cost effective way or should I look into engine swaps or turbocharging?

I'm not looking for absurd amount of power but would like to get to the better side of 200hp.