/drg/ Danganronpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread Non-canon cute edition

>/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>DRV3 news pastebin - *Updated 1/4/2017*
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide to enjoy Danganronpa
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - Indepth gameplay mechanics and infomation

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410

>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls is coming to Steam and PS4:
youtube.com/watch?v=VzbIuPpPM8E
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/

>Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony for PS4, PS Vita, and Steam on September 26th (N. America), and September 29th (Europe)
youtube.com/watch?v=UdGlN0aEG2k

>DR 1-2 Reload coming to PS4
youtube.com/watch?v=6DGuCuHurUk

> DR3 Anime episodes and more
pastebin.com/bvNw28sS

>Kazutaka Kodaka Interviews and more
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>DR Manga Scanlations:
shslscans.tumblr.com/current
>DR Manga Collection (Eng): *You need an account to use Batoto*
bato.to/search?artist_name=Spike Chunsoft

>Download pastebin *contains downloads, art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/emTrXMCsEDU?t=27
pbs.twimg.com/media/C8n65n2W0AE97kw.jpg:large
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>ywn get extra portions in exchange for sexual favors
>ywn be pinned on a kitchen table and pounded by chubby chef dick
>ywn engage in naked tantric blindfold taste testing
>ywn correctly guess the secret ingredient it's more dick
It's not fucking fair terubros

Koko!

I love my user-kuns! I love my user-kuns so much that it hurts, and i don't know what to do!

So we know who best girl is.
But who is best mech?

Posting best girl!

I've seen people talk about a fighting game, so let's try to make our own roster first and then the abilities so it doesn't get too messy.
Submit 24 legit characters, not fan made or tulpas or modifications. I'll place them on the picture, then we'll discuss the movesets.
Shouldn't be too hard right?

> “Okay Kyouko, I’m going to ask you to lie back for this one.”
>She obliged, laying herself on the bedspread and wondering what could possibly come next and oooOOOOOHH GOD what was he doing down there?!
>“Hanamura, ahh, Teruteru, Teruteru please, I wasn’t expecting…”
>“What, you think the chef himself doesn’t deserve to do a little taste testing?”
>She moaned. “No! I mean - yes, keep going, don’t stop now...” It vaguely occurred to Kyouko that it made perfect sense Teruteru found his calling as a chef; god, the boy could eat! She gripped the sheets, panting as he worked her mercilessly with his tongue.
>“It’s practically haute cuisine!” he laughed from below. “Am I detecting a hint of rosé wine? Notes of chocolate?”
>“Shut up”, she shot back, clenching the fabric in her hands, “shut up shut UP-”
>Kyouko arched upwards as she climaxed, toppling Teruteru backwards and tugging off the blindfold. Despite the candlelight she could see that he’d undressed since she’d put it on; pompadour dishevelled, panting and laughing.
>“You,” she said breathlessly, “are a messy eater.”
>“And you’re delicious. Michelin star worthy, really.” He wiped his mouth carelessly on the sheets and scooted up beside her on the pillow. Kyouko sighed and slung an arm around him, kissing his cheek.
>“Hey, can’t I get a little more than that?” he huffed, “I just ate you out like an all-you-can-eat buffet!”
>“Exactly,” she replied firmly. “Besides, you’ve got something down there that needs investigating.”
>“Oh, so the Great Detective Kirigiri has figured out the secret ingredient that makes my cooking so addictive, huh?”
>She chuckled. “It’s dick. It’s always dick.”
(1/11037)

Reminder that Kaede Akamatsu is a dumbass who nearly got people killed

How was the rope placed behind the bed head rest?

>Chapter 3
>Enter the Hospital
>Gundham makes a SMT: Nocturne reference
He'll alays be my favorite chuuni.
Also, i want Titty Typhoon to be a fighting game location.

Exixal a shit.
Too clunky.

Sugita Tanaka's voice actor is apparently a fan of SMT.
So much that he didn't mind voicing a black guy.

Mukuro of course.
Kuzu made this sprite, i think it's pretty nice.
Good man.

so cute, so innocent

Hopeboy

Exisal with a script, Moonman and voice changer a cute though.

"But I love you, Yumeno-chan"
"..Huh?"

Please god, let me meet her!

You know who

I bet Ouma added it just for fun and didn't expect it to be said in the trial.

please god let me ravish her feminine hole

Best cast.

>the artist set his v3 twitter account to "followers only"
suffering

Do you remember the feelings from first time you played DanganRonpa?
The surealness of everything.
The mystery.
The characters.
The music.

Do you think Kaede's different hair length is something of a last minute change? Like Saihara's hat or Amami's rings and piercings.

Or it's like the one-two stripes on her normie uniform thing and they can't keep a single character design consistent.

I also like to think that was the case. It's cute.
I still feel bad for the meido.
>Brainwashed into becoming despair, manipulating her boyfriend and killing the class rep, before finally killing herself
>Forced to climb up a spiked thorn while being slashed by chainsaws repeatedly and dropped to her death making it effortless
>Shot, set on fire and thrown off a building for being a semi-lesbian
Does Kodaka hate maids that much?

It's just as good everytime i replay them.
Like right now
No offense user but that's a little bit autistic.

Goddamnit Komatuzaki's shading!
This titty textuture!
I'm stuffing my face into the book but all I feel is paper.

>Morning, /drg/! What's for breakfast?

Mm shit was comfy af
I started getting up early, eating some chocolate and playing DR1 when it came out on PC
And spoiling myself on Kyoko's talent and the mastermind.

Then doing the same (spoiling) for DR2, and V3 the day after it came out in japan lmao

>No offense user but that's a little bit autistic.
The bitter fucking irony of this post is slamming in my face right now.
She's the mastermind of the case
I love how thoughts change when you view spoilers and when you actually play the game
>Before context
>WTF CHIAKI WHAT THE FUCK YOU'RE A MONSTER
>After context
>HOLY SHIT NAGITO GO FUCK YOURSELF WITH A SPEAR UP YOUR ASS

DR1, I don't remember much.
SDR2 was a great feeling.
V3, yet to play until English release but watching /drg/ react to it was fucking amazing.
The feminine dick of my son, pic related.

I don't know who that is but i got a stiffy.
YOUR ASS!

I'm just saying user, i don't think they were sitting there measuring her hair by the millimetres.
It seems like an artstyle thing and nothing more.
But being called a little bit autistic by a tripfag can't be good.

God I ripped the executions from DR2 all the way back when it came out on PSP originally and that was basically my thought process. Finding out Komaeda was the lunatic instead of Chiaki was a wild ride.

Having to deduce Kuzuryuu didn't die in execution 2 solely through the Monokuma Vote machine was also fun.

>She's the mastermind of the case
You know that dosen't matter much in DRK?
The important part in DRK is how they did it.
So unless you go into detail about how someone killed someone, there is no effect.

I want to ___gently rape my beloved Saihara!

And to those anons who requested for pic related sauce, did you get the password?

You want a better effect?
She actually gets caught and dies early,
but one of the other detectives goes nuclear and kills many of the others before committing suicide.
And one of the detectives is actually a 000 and one of the main villains.
>Finding out Komaeda was the lunatic instead of Chiaki was a wild ride.
It would have been shocking whether it was Komaeda or Nanami who was the madman.

Guess what I already read it.

Komaeda gets revealed pretty early, at least, so it was easier to confirm back when the only info dumps were people summaryposting and doing streams every so often. Nanami being a sleepy girl for 5 chapters and then brutally torturing and murdering someone would have been KODAKAAAAAAAA levels of writing

And what I meant about going into detail about murders is things like this.

Holy fuck, now I want a crazy Chiaki AU.
I had a theory while DR3 was still airing that Chiaki would become a remnant of despair and show up in future arc as a psychopath which Hajime has to confront. Too bad it never happened.

Replaying DR2 after watching DR3 is a little bit painful.
A shitload of hints that lead nowhere and ended up being usos.

Yeah, just don't play SDR2 ever again. It's pointless because the plot means absolutely fuck all

DR3 is ANEEMAY!
There will be a DR3 game released.
Lerche are the liars!

Yeah, the deaths have a lot less impact knowing they just wake up. Even in DR3, Fuyuhiko is closer to his post development self rather than his pre development self. That, and AI Chiaki became a tulpa.
It was better when they kept if they woke up vague or not. Although, to it's credit, it made V3 more impactful since the characters actually died this time.

>everything is Junko lies lol
I really feel like punching Junko in her stupid face.
>LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL DESPAIR
Monaka was a far better villain than Despair Bitch.

What's your top peeve in DR regarding how people see your favorite character or favorite game/anime?

I wouldn't mind one myself.

I don't know if it'd make her more interesting or anything but it would turn her from waifubait into ABSOLUTE MADWOMAN and I can get behind that.

I wouldn't go THAT far, i love DR2 and even liked DR3 for what it was - memes and fanservice.
But i can see why more hardcore people would flip their shit.
One of Junko's best lines to Mitarai from the dub:
>Chill out Miyazaki
DEAR BOY.
>173127347
>Hey Mahiru, sorry for killing you!
They sure got along well after the VR thing, huh.
I was one of the people who expected the entire cast to come back, though.
THE HACK came up with a person who can do anything, so i don't see why he wouldn't revive them from the coma, given the chance.
AND JUST TO BE CLEAR - i'm not saying that them being revived is good or not, what i'm saying is that they might have gotten carried away with what KAMUKURA KAMUKURA YAAS QUEEN can do.

Yeah, seeing her as an the cute sleepy gamer girl turned into an ABSOLUTE MADMAN would have been really entertaining to me.
I agree. Junko is a disgrace. Thankfully, her pickle Satan "daughter/sister/whatever" exists.
Ouma being Komaeda 2.0

Great, now i'll get shat on for messing up one reply in addition to everything else.

They would have to change the whole plot for that.
And I don't mind it. Hell they could make both of them the madmen and have Komaeda's hope vs Nanami's hope duke it out in the fifth chapter.

I dunno, the difference between her in-game hair length and all the official art is pretty consistent and noticeable to be called an artstyle thing imo

Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu, definitely.

>DURR HURR YAKUZA ARE CRIMINALS
>DURR HURR BABYFACE
>DURR HURR HE'S MEAN (pre chapter 2)

I just retcon some shit that happens in DR3 anyways.

>both Kaede and Ki-bo are facing the front in the concept art
>both are fake protagonists
what did they mean by this

...dunno. Good question though

I'm not sure user, but if you paid attention this closely then i can't argue with you.
And it was rude of me to call you a little autistic, i apologize. We do need fact hunters like you.
Kaede is cute
It's like Poetry. Every image is so dense.

the person who thought that retconning all the deaths in sdr2 was far more autistic, I agree

People who don't try to understand a character better really do annoy me. Well, not that I care if they just don't like the character but it does get irritating if they claim their opinion is perfectly valid while being wildly off-base.

The only character i have hard time understanding is Saionji, as she's just constantly slingshotting between having a bitch arc and redemption arc, and then just dies.
I know it's because originally Kuzu was supposed to die, but still

I fucking agree...
Although, the only character I will never bother to try to understand is a certain bitch.

SPEAK OF THE DEVIL, FUCK OFF YOU STINKY FILTHY SHITEATING /U/ BITCH
youtu.be/emTrXMCsEDU?t=27

Miu: Look at me, not cherry blossoms!
pbs.twimg.com/media/C8n65n2W0AE97kw.jpg:large

I really wish Saionji wasn't killed off before she got any chance to meaningfully develop.

I don't know if I would have exchanged a survivor for her or anything even though she's my favorite DR2 but it was still annoying. Ch3 STEPPING STONE FOR DOUBLE MURDER victims just piss me off in general I guess.

Yeah, sometimes it makes me wonder if they played the same game.
>Lol, Maki is a mary sue because she wasn't a caretaker
>Lol, Monaca is mean and if you like her, you should kys
>Lol, Fuyuhiko is a jerk because he started out like one and development doesn't matter
>Lol, Ouma is a Nagito copy paste because they both use bombs to make an unsolvable murder
>Lol, Mikan did everything wrong because she appears like that at first
>Lol, Tenmiko are canon, not that I ship them, it's just that they're actually canon
>Lol, Junko is a complex and sympathetic tragic character
>Lol, Saihara is a Naegi clone because he looks like a wuss in his pre-trial image
>Lol, Sayaka is a backstabbing bitch, they didn't keep it vague and if you like her, kys
>Lol, I hate Seiko because people who hate Ruruka like Seiko, she is an uninteresting mary sue guys
>Kaito is a Hagakure 2.0 who deserved to die

Thanks. It's okay, I'm not mad.

As far as images and cgs go, wikia is a pretty good place to go to for such comparisons. You can check Kaede's gallery for yourself if you want to.

Also, how many stripes is her normie outfit supposed to have? One? Two? This inconsistence shit is worse than I thought.

Agreed, some characters like Akane also suffer as their character depth is more apparent in their FTEs but even Hiyoko's FTEs don't help her that much. As far as bully victims go Mikan was definitely the more well-written of the two to me.

Eh, we're never given enough of Satou to understand her and I kind of agree with that, she just doesn't seem to have any sort of redemption value.

>if you don't interpret a character how i interpret them then you're wrong
let me take you on a magical helicopter ride

Yeah, but for me, even if she had backstory or material dedicated to her, I wouldn't bat an eye at all.

I keep hearing the fact that Kuzu was meant to die and Saionji was meant to live, where did such a statement originate from? I've been looking high and low for such a source man.

>Objective complaints like X character 2.0 and mary sue
>Interpretation
Here's your (you)

Back to /u/
I'm not sure what you mean by this user, but i'll elaborate further.
As long as IZURU exists and as long as people who died in VR were COMATOSE and not DEAD, it's an asspull but not a retcon.

I'm not defending their revival, i'm just blaming it directly on Izuru, which makes me wonder if he could bring back Miu. THEORETICALLY.
Depends on the levels of dead? Fuck if i know.
I'm really glad that Kuzu survived because i love him, but just as well i understand where you're coming from.
I can easily see Saionji fully redeeming herself if she were given more time.
Double murders piss me off too because they just seem like a way to trim fat and reduce numbers.
Man, she's beautiful. But actually i do remember a number of people calling sprites and CG "shit quality" when they leaked.
They might be inconsistent not on purpose but... you know. Cutting corners.
Akane might also suffer in the same way as Hiyoko, as she was supposed to be the nemesis and Ultimate Sinner.
Hajime vs Owari, even their names were opposite.
I don't actually have physical source either, it's just something that was repeated so often that a lot of people accepted it as a fact.
I'm actually surprised that you don't have proof, that makes me doubt the theory a bit.

> Maki
> Mary Sue
Fucking what. Like, I know people are idiots and all but how does that even work.

Everything else there is stupid too.

Me neither, honestly. That's rare of me to say but she really doesn't seem like anyone worth paying attention to.

> I keep hearing the fact that Kuzu was meant to die and Saionji was meant to live, where did such a statement originate from? I've been looking high and low for such a source man.

Same, source?

>not recognizing the clear patterns Kodaka makes in writing the story and characters - because he's a HACK!
Sounds like you're the one who needs to play the games.

I think it's just something that got memed into existence ages ago, honestly. If you can't find any sources anywhere (you'd think it would at least be in the artbook) it's probably not true.

I'm guilty of mentioning the "fact" sometimes because I desperately want to have an actual explanation for Kodaka giving her the shaft, but honestly, I wouldn't kill off Kuzu for Saionji at all. Both of them had redemption arc potential after Chapter 2 but he was a lot closer to Peko than Hiyoko was to Mahiru. Felt like it meant more after everything.

Miu was not on medical support so she is most definitely dead but neither were the sdr2 cast and this is the DR world where nothing realistic happens so it could happen

I don't know about other evidence, but apparently SDR2's datamine had a portrait for Fuyuhiko and I think a Monokuma file for him.
There are actually a lot of people claiming Maki is a mary sue because she's strong enough to lift a scrawny 44 kg boy after years of assassination training.
(You)

>Akane might also suffer in the same way as Hiyoko, as she was supposed to be the nemesis and Ultimate Sinner.
>Hajime vs Owari, even their names were opposite.
Ugh, that scrapped concept of her being a rival sort of annoys me because it sounded great and I really like how much more fleshed out Akane is as a character if you do her FTEs.

Well... to be fair, the clues are there, Saionji's death CG looks rushly drawn, the death itself seemed like it was added last minute. Kuzuryuu's hospital scene was implied to have lasted the whole chapter instead of the first half, Kuzuryuu has a sprite where he has a stomach wound but without his eyepatch on. But again, it can just all be speculation, even the wiki itself is thinking of removing the statement from the trivia section due to lack of sources. I assumed naturally it was something stated in the PSP days. But I personally choose not to believe it due to lack of shit.

>SDR2's datamine had a portrait for Fuyuhiko and I think a Monokuma file for him.
Nah, I found no such thing and I've datamined SDR2 for PSP, the Vita version and PC.

Saionji was one of the worst characters in SDR2, just after Teruteru.
In fact, the only people that got me sad when they died for were Peko, Ibuki, Gundam and Nanami.
And even Peko's was only because of Fuyuhiko.

Or maybe it's because Chapter 3 was poor to begin with.
I would have been fine with Hiyoko just being murdered and they spend the trial solving her case.

The HICKSHON thing is actually a big factor. We know that DR1,2 and 3 are fiction to us, but we don't know if they were fiction to THEM, or if V3 was for that matter.
With HICKSHON you can explain everything.
This really makes my head hurt though.
I'm with you, the concept of Sinner Akane cates to my sexual needs, as well as plot related interests.
Ah well. I guess we can speculate forever, but as things are - Saionji died and Kuzu lived. I'm glad that we kept Baby Gangsta, but Saionji didn't necessarily need to die. Like i said, trimming the fat. The Chapter 3 curse.

I'm personally not a fan of Saionji myself... for many reasons, but I don't hate her as much as others.

Honestly, after seeing the Chapter 3 patterns of all three games, it seems to me that they are hell bent on always making Chapter 3 some kind of 2 victim case, which either works "just about" or goes horribly wrong.

Chapter 3 is Chapter 3 unfortunately and for any future games to come, it will probably keep the same pattern... unless the game itself goes beyond expectations.

Huh. Then I guess it's just a rumour. A really popular one at that.
Not going to lie, I agree. I felt no sympathy for Hiyoko or Teruteru.
Peko, Gundam, Mikan, Chiaki and Ibuki were the only ones who's "deaths" had impact. Well, and Monomi if she counts.

But that's not what a fucking Mary Sue is. Even when I hated Maki with all my heart that's something I'd never call her and it's just embarrassing to see how shallow people can get when it comes to characters they don't like.

The murder weapon for her wasn't found either, correct?

Add Mikan for me, I like Komaeda but he planned his death so that doesn't make me feel sorry for him. Hiyoko could have been an okay character but she really is pretty haphazardly written while Mikan is more cohesive of a character in the main story and also her FTEs.

It also lends an interesting contrast to the cast since she'd actually be morally questionable without being plain nutty like Hopeman.

That's right, in fact, they hardly even touched upon that point and was brushed aside.

Well, until the day I see hard evidence, I'll probably be chalking that fact off my blackboard.

And the one time they made it a "just about", they made the killer a fucking madman that the entire cast apparently couldn't spot even though he was blatant about it.

Poor Tenko.

It wasn't found, but I guess Mikan cleaned it and returned it. By that point, it was clear that Mikan killed the both of them.

>believing what the mm said in chapter 6
>Junko said humanity was wiped out in DR1
it wasn't
>AI Junko saying there was no way to bring the characters back without implanting her AI
there was a way
>The whole game and DR franchise was HICKSHON
???

I'm just saying you can't trust everything that the mastermind says in chapter 6, they have been proven to lie there to make the remaining characters despair. Perhaps it's true, or the audition videos were just filmed by Shirogane cosplaying as the three people. No one can say.

Mary sue is a character who is overpowered and has no flaws and I can say Maki doesn't fit that equation.

It's because the fandom likes to be delusional and make up complaints like "R-Rehash!" and "M-Mary sue!" to make a character sound objectively bad because they don't like them. The problem is these strategies actually work and became actual complaints among the fandom and if you have the common sense to realize that the complaint is shit, you'll get ignored because this fandom was run by monkeys.
>Constantly tells everyone the folklorist is creepy as fuck
>States that he'll probably kill a bitch later
>Best friend she has a crush on starts trusting him
>Gets killed due to her best friend trusting him
>Nobody can hear her hacking and squealing for help because they're busy singing
Being Tenko is actual suffering.

V3 is funny in a way because this is one time where a double murder absolutely wasn't necessary. We only had 3 survivors at the end.
Yeah, i mean i do like Hopeman but we'll never know what could have been with Akane now.
I'm not believing or trusting anyone, that's why i'm questioning what's HICKSHON and what's not in the first place.
And why it also makes my head hurt.
I guess the only thing we can really do is wait.
But of course, if we go by Junko's credibility then the similar applies to Shirogane.

/ourgirl/

Yeah, to be honest, it's pointless discussing what is truth and what is lie but we have nothing better to do. Plus, it's fun (for me) to decipher this mess of a literary 'work'. Having all the deaths become totally meaningless in SDR2 was hilarious because all of the development they had in the game was wiped out too. They hardly acknowledge what happened in the simulation(my mind is foggy because I'd rather not remember the anime)

Just as an added note and from my POV:
All of DR is fiction about cute waifus and husbandos so in the end i'll live with whatever is fiction to them or not.

I wanted a scene where Saionji bitched out at Mikan for killing her.
All i'm going to mention.

If I may add to this, the distinction between ringleader and mastermind likely exists as TDR is the true mastermind and Tsumugi was used as the Junko so people would blame her for everything when things like her comment about not knowing whether she was brainwashed imply she may have been forced into the role as a scapegoat.

Actually, a Mary Sue is essentially a reality-bender in the sense that things just get set right where they factor in and while it's common for them to be overpowered or have no flaws these two traits don't necessarily have to be present.

Well, anyway chapter 5 is undeniable proof that Maki is not a fucking Mary Sue.

Sometimes you just have to cut your losses and stop arguing with people who have their fingers stuck in their ears.

Oh, that's something that irks me because first they effectively became dindus due to brainwashing and next effectively nothing they did in the entire SDR2 seems to have been meaningful.

What's even worse is that they found the weapon early and Saihara dismissed that Korekiyo did it out of hand because anyone could grab the weapon from his room.
Even though in the next chapter Kaito was prevented from working with Saihara because he was the only one out of the VR room.

I can't wait until Saihara gets tulpa powers to summon all the V3 dangans as tulpas.
>Tenko doesn't say anything to Korekiyo at all
>Iruma pets Gonta on the back
>Neither Kaede nor Ouma are beating the shit out of Tsumugi and nobody questions her
>Rantaro is completely cool he got screwed over as badly as he did
>Maki just kinda waves to the Kaito tulpa

>Mob Uncle

Yeah, the anime didn't meet its expectations on the fanservice front. Another reason to call it terrible, I suppose.
There are various definitions but mine came largely from the Wikipedian interpretation.

But yeah, to call Maki a mary sue is ludicrous. Chiaki and by extention, Komaeda were more Mary Sue-ish than Maki could ever be.

And you understood the point I was making, that nothing in SDR2 was of any real significance.

these fucking captchas