PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUND GENERAL /PUBGG/

UBG is a battle royale style game, based on realistic FPS combat. The lead designer is the modder that made ARMA BR and worked on h1z1.

Game site
playbattlegrounds.com/main.pu

FPS guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889517165

Dev's twitter
twitter.com/battleroyalemod?lang=en

Wiki
battlegrounds.gamepedia.com/PLAYERUNKNOWNS_BATTLEGROUNDS_Wiki

Discord server for finding people to play with
discord.gg/p73xNDv

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rsiPQW5L2Y4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You forgot to link the old thread.

>he doesn't strictly use melee weapons

>get shot at
>game freezes for a full second
>dead

is there a way to fix this

is this because of that memory leak thing?

sry friendo,

LINK TO OLD THREAD

Not in these cases. I know with certainty nobody had been there before me, because nobody landed close enough. It might be that the ammo spawned inside the wall or something similarly stupid, but it wasn't there.

It's from war thunder.

first time seeing a ghillie suit in the game

>two M16s
For what purpose?

>15x scope

for what purpose

i've picked up this strategy and its netting me a lot of wins / top placements

>drop in the middle of the map, preferably a high loot area
>just fall straight down like a rock
>win the loot rng and kill everyone else with a rifle
>find a good spot and camp there for 20 minutes and spend the time shitposting on Veeky Forums
>when the circles moves forcing you to move, relocate to a bush or a rock or a house and hope you aren't spotted
>kill the remaining 3 guys and net an ez 1k

Dual wielding

is this a good winrate?

couldnt find any other guns so was just for not having to reload i was by myself in a squad game got 2nd :(

i got out of the box i just took everything out of it and ran AWP was shooting me

solo btw

Looks like my dream game came true.

What's the catch?

early access with poor performance

no one knows what the game will become in half a year. could be a shitty microtransaction clusterfuck or a really good game. who knows!!!

It's early access and runs like shit

Would it be fine with a ol' overclocked 970?

next patch their fixing the performance but who knows when

it was just a very rough edit to get the idea down, but the criticism is appreciated, i'll get around to adding the extra memes

you know u can turn off all chat right? so u dont hear the kids scream just go to team chat or none at all

this game is so shit how you just can't hear anyone

literally people can sneak up behind you in a house, open up all the doors while stomping around and they're fucking dead silent

the rain is the fucking worst too

literally turns the game into a deaf man's experience of a battle royal

how is it that you babies complain about this, but when i play with my headphones on, I can here absolutely everything

because it's inconsistent as shit

only time i have hard seening is when bombing are going off and spectating otherwise i been happy with the game

there a steamgroup for english speaking people with a mic?

compared to every single other FPS/shooter I've EVER played this game has the lowest volume footsteps and sounds ever

I can't hear any footsteps or anything it's like everyone who comes near any place I'm in will always get the jump on me because I simply can't hear them even running right next to me

Even if it's like this right now, the dev said that he's going to flesh out the sounds more.

In due time.

is there a need for a steamgroup anyhow? you guys are using discord as well ,but are there many there?

>camping at a hillside in a duo, slightly separated
>friend gets shot from behind and downed
>go around to their position by flanking from the left
>find them looking over to my friend on a hillside, their backs completely exposed to me and 10m away
>put rifle on full-auto
>tfw

I just want the functions to work properly, that's it.

>hit F to enter vehicle
>didn't work because you were moving slightly even though you stopped running 1 second ago...so hit F again
>you're in now but immediately get out because you pushed it twice

>pick up gun
>try to pick up ammo, character goes through action of picking up ammo, but no ammo
>spend 15 second picking up gun and 2 boxes of ammo

>wtf do you mean I can't drink an energy drink while moving ?

>reload
>character does action of reloading
>reloading complete
>still no ammo
>wait 5 seconds
>ammo now magically appears in your gun

>running
>turn left/right
>jk your character bugs and switched you back to the previous direction

they said that about every single early access game that ever came out

and they never do fix it.

>not doing it execution style with two shots to the head each

i actually double tapped the first guy in the back of the head, then lit up the other guy

although i'm not sure if i used full auto, all i know is that i lit that other guy up as soon as he turned

Mauser is love.
Mauser is life.

Stadhelm when?

>want to close door after you leave
>get teleported back inside the building

>casings magically start ejecting out of your gun

!HELP!

I suck balls at this game. Best i've done is come 11th with 1 kill (with a car)

Been playing for 4 hours, not even killed anyone with a gun, i've macheted someome to death, and punched someone with an m16 to death.

How do i gitgud? Do I just fucking camp? cause that doesn't seem very fun. Also, yet to actually get a rifle with a scope, so I'm automatically fucked late game.

Too late to refund, so an 80s training montage is the only way. It runs really well on my rig at ultra too.... but every screenshot i've seen is people playing on low with .ini edits, should i also be a cheap cunt and do this?

Don't give a shit about winning. Seriously, the game is more fun that way. If you want to win though, it usually boils down to getting lucky with AR + scope spawns, then hauling ass to the center of the circle, camping a building, and popping anyone that comes close and just wait until it's you and some other guy left. You can be a cheap cunt if you really care about winning that much but I don't think it's worth it. Who gives a single shit about stats in a game with terrible RNG like this? If anything, just try to keep your K/D 1:1.

Learning how to move and shoot will take you a long way. You don't actually need a scope in many situations as long as you choose your engagement range. Running across open ground and not from cover to cover is almost equivalent to shooting yourself.

Playing like you're RPing an actual soldier (running cover to cover, checking corners, etc) will actually help.

that reminds me

>watch a bit of gameplay
>some nobody ecelebs playing
>"ok tango spotted at the tree southwest, requesting permission to engage??"
>"copy that, you may fire when ready!!!"

heck i can understand being tactical, i do use tactical callouts when i duo with my friend, but damn i cannot stand when people go full-retard with the army lingo. just say "guy at 240, see him? i'm ready to fire" you autists

Man, in a 3-man premade and we had a random 4th and pulled the flawless win without silencers.

BAGI if you're in here, good fucking job you silent hero. You landed nowhere near us and still somehow ran all the way to us unscathed to win with us.

easly, nut with chance of fps drops

> camping nigga trying freefrag you in a back
>cant handle your ass of iron

Early access, poorly optimized, full of cheaters and tryhards who force below low settings via ini to cheese the game.
Other than that, fun experience.

Tried playing a match in first person only and had a blast.
This game's first person mode is actually superior to a lot of dedicated FPS.
I love first person games where you can see your own legs.
Hardcore first person only servers will be amazing

what about this games anti hack detection? I got a feeling, with the way the servers behave that a lot of stuff is not clientsided

Battleye is alright, it basically saved R6:S. They do banwaves though, so while better in the long run, it does mean players have to put up with cheaters for a while between waves

>no trees
>no grass
How?

.ini editing tryhard

but is most of the stuff clientsided though? Or is battle eye one of those "nearly only whitelist all code" kind of programs that freaks out when you have even a little bit of abnormal code running lol?

I remember that the panacea to some degree what offloading everything to the server. The character locations. The status of of the player himself.

Almost no way to tamper with it then.

>tfw i have loudness equalization turned on in windows settings
>can hear footsteps and doors without problems

gee

>be depressed fuckboi that doesnt know what fun is and needs the happiness boost of winning to get through the day
>edit .ini files so you have an unfair advantage over other players
>clap as tears run down your face when you win
>post it on /pubguh/ so your vidya pals will pat you on the back and congratulate you on a job well done

Can't wait until these retards start ruining the general by tripfagging so I can filter them.

PLAYERUNKNOWN himself has said .ini editing to increase FoV is allowed, I imagine putting foliage on ultra-low via .ini gets through in the same way

>think "well this is kinda like arma, surely they must have made sure that hiding in the grass will conceal you"
>look at this video

welp

I cant entirely blame his development direction though, removing of grass will increase some form of performance for many people, more cash, less angry people still. Until its optimized perhaps it may be the only thing.

So still, I am neutral about this. Kinda a shame though. I hope he hires enough new devs for optimization...while also looking out for competition, the h1z1 who probably constantly ddos him, and others still who just wish to take his idea even further and develop their own stuff.

Quite a pickle these developers are in. Thanks /pol/ for opening my mind about the different groups at play with politics lol.

and then there is also the rise of favorable but also unfavorable player behavior, like brazillian teams going with 3 players and then just killing the 4th european one for his loot.

wat a mess really.

>try to edit viewdistance
>gets rolled back to 0 everytime
>tfw

You know guys, I may sound a bit jewish but have you noticed how the coats cost something like 100 dollars on the market place?

If you guys all did the extreme with the ini and whatnot. And got into very high quality squads. You could stand a bigger chance to get a loot drop from some of those things?

It is somewhat of a dead spot right now for the devs who are overburdened with it all. So if you wanted to...you could do all of this. But would it be moral?

Save as read only you silly goose

can you try this in english?

Whats so difficult to understand

win a lot = more of those points to get a dropbox = chance to get a rare loot thing = you may be able to sell it at the market

The prices were absurdly high for many items. It was at 100 dollars before, now its at 80 euro, for a fucking jacket.

Those too are in the drop boxes? At random probably, right?

no you retard that's why the price of the bandana, coat and those shitty hitop shoes are so high cause they were a preorder the deluxe edition only item set

the prices are high because they are items you could only get if you preordered before the closed beta months ago

>foliage
>impacting performance

I'm sick of this meme. I know the game is unoptimized to shit and very few people can run this game on high, let alone ultra at a decent fps, but I refuse to believe there are people trying to play this game with computers so shit they need to edit .ini files to be able to run it. Having foliage be lowered instead of having it thick and everywhere is fine to improve performance, but completely removing it along with having all graphics on minimum is bullshit and is only done by tryhards who want to ruin the spirit of the game because they were always picked last in teams for gym class.

oh, well there you go then, a finite supply. Not much one can do about that kek. For a moment I thought that there was a monetary reward in all of this. Lol couldnt help but wonder with those prices *rubs hands together*

>they were always picked last in teams for gym class.
>this weapons grade projection
Don't be mad because you got owned in a video game you dumb nerd

for a game that focuses a bit into the tactical elements, it may be a somewhat mediocre priority to fix the grass even a little bit.

And if you do not fix the grass, then arma's solution of burying the person below the green ground is a good thing as well.

shieet thanks user. what works for the values of each setting? everything seems to only be 0, 1, 2, 3.

Is siege all banwaves though? I always see random people getting banned while playing.

Why is holosight superior to the red dot?

love soloqueing in squad que then getting good teammates and not china fuckers teamkilling cause their region blocked on H1zshit

ops

>1 kill

Fucking pussy.

yup i rather stay alive then die to shooting a guy in the back with a full clip then him turning around and one shoting me

me a big pussy

they seem to have autobans for certain things like editing your files to get free passes or they detect an obvious hack already blacklisted.

Otherwise they have huge banwaves randomly for newer detected hacks once theyre sure.

It isn't

Learn to aim Mr. Sub 10% accuracy. You probably missed the majority of your shots on that last player when he was stationary with his back turned, with a great line of sight.

Uninstall.

The other coats are selling between like 3-7$, but good luck. Only got the camo coat on my first box and I've opened around 20 boxes now without seeing another.

I'm hoping they add the other cosmetic items to the lootboxes because I want a matrix/school shooter jacket, beanie and black pants to go full columbine.

why so mad? lol nah i will play my pussy game till the performance is fix on the next patch cause seeing blood spray's means u got bad aim right?

soloque in squad yo

>hit points : 8

literally 1 foot/finger shot connected this whole game, gratz on your team for winning a squad game as 3 players.

>listening to """"top players"""" aka twitch streamers
>listening to morons who advertise their twitch in their character names

kys
not even him but
>blood spray's
>blood spray is

are you a 3rd world monkey or just a nigger?

we sat in a town and let everyone else fight? lol

damn you people getting mad

Brah, this dude could only get one kill and he had to steal it LMAO.
>8 points

>tfw won a squad game solo
Holy shit that feels so fucking good. I'll never achieve this again, but god damn.

but you died, why are you proud of getting carried?

So fucking bad.

Not mad, stating facts.
You literally did no damage and post your win on an anonymous board, what did you expect.

Is summit1g /ourguy/?
youtube.com/watch?v=rsiPQW5L2Y4

What is your .ini shit set to? I too have a potato and from spawn island to drop is 10 frames for me.

>damn you people getting mad

noones mad they just call you out on being a shitter and you have to self defend yourself with something irrelevant so you can feel better and not let the truth get to you.

stay delusional, nigger

all mad niggers lol you dont have to be like summit/josh/ninja/scrial and get alot of kills you can use your brain and play smart

i mean we play games to enjoy them right? well i enjoy letting dumb people kill each other and i just walk in and win

Was watching him when playing CS to get better, then PUBG since his viewercount skyrocketted.
Never could get a grip on that dude, no idea how people stay more than 10mins on his channel it's just so boring and not fun.

>Shitter
>Won
If it's stupid and it works, it isn't stupid.

> .ini shit
A lot of madskill tweaks from ue4 open documentation. playing on potato 3450/8gb/650ti 1 gb, almost everywhere 50-60fps

finally someone who actually uses their brain

thank you lol

but you didn't contribute to the win.

get carried like a nigger who gets gibs

shitters win games sometimes, especially team-based games

no one said his "strategy" was stupid, he's just a shitter and got carried.

Its bs though, you can win plenty just by surviving. I think that in some cases you could even win as a pacifist. One time my whole team got wiped out in the beginning (didnt even get to loot them). And from there on I just looted, scavenged and more, also got lucky with dropboxes. Eventually made it to second place. With another guy whois team was dead.

This whole game is so chaotic at times that there is often a way through, to win, even if your teammates die.

Though obviously. if your team wins early, generally speaking it will hold a higher advantage over another player who is alone. That is why good teams with mics often have higher win ratio's. But obviously, if two of those teams met eachother, they would decimate themselves and the lucky, cheeky bastard reaps the benefits, and the loot. May even win the match.

>tfw your webm reminded me back in the Day Z days removing .pbo files so you had no trees and could run and shoot through walls and it was the funniest shit

I haven't had this much fun in a game for a long time honestly. Was very skeptical at first because EA and just this general genre.

Glad I gave it a try. Even dying is fun, brings me the same joy as Dorf Fort does when everything just comes tumbling down. This was one of the most fun things I've experienced.