/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

SPOILERS ONGOING AVOID THREAD IF NOT WANT

Praise the Golden Goddesses for the precious beings they created!

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

Previous:

The previous thread died, but it didn't take us 100 years to resurrect it.

Sav'otta.

We never see Perda back in Gerudo Town but her romance is still fresh. Point still stands that we don't see her back in Gerudo

Malena was disappointed she had to come back in order to get ingredients for her husbands medicine implying she not only didn't want to but didn't have to come back. Of course Malena's childless at the moment so she may sing a different tune once she's had a kid but them's the facts for now.

I WANT TO FUCK FI

>Mysteries of Hyrule

Who is answering Link's prayers in BotW, and if it's Hylia, how was she able to regain her divinity?
What happened to the Triforce during Ganondorf's execution in TP?
Why are the Sheikah following Hylia like mad zealots despite not being her favored people?
What is happening to the Master Sword?
If you touched the Triforce and wished to see the Golden Goddesses, what would you see?

Sav'aaq

The essence of the triforce would start talking to you and say "we didn't leave silly, we ARE the triforce".

In all honesty, they probably don't give a shit.
They probably realize you're in a mask, and just want to see what retarded bullshit you're getting at.

When you charge in guns blazing, course they're attacking right away.
But, with the mask, they want to see whatever bullshit you're doing, before they get bored and attack.

/headcanon

>Calisa, at the Gerudo Canyon Stable
>claims she's a treasure hunter, but she's looking for a guy right now
>immediately proclaims that all the men here are trash, except for Link

post more screenshots

she's never said that to me. all she ever says is:
>leviathan bones
>hints about the chests in the sand
>you're strong for your size

Follow her until she goes to the Stable.

That's a nice windows XP wallpaper you got there.

I know right

XP wallpaper was the inspiration for BoTW and its open world

So much horse equipment but no option to ride an unequipped horse unless you just don't register it??

Yeah i hate that too.

>What is happening to the Master Sword?
?

Seems okay to me.

It got all rusty and now it can't stay materialized in the physical world for very long.
And it's OS is functioning even though it was supposed to self-terminate aeons ago.

Sure thing.

Is that the best you can get for 5 speed?

>It got all rusty
Only because Link abused the shit out of it 100 years ago fighting off thousands of Guardians. It seems to have repaired itself in the time since, no stress.
>now it can't stay materialized in the physical world for very long.
There's no reason to believe this is anything other than a gameplay mechanic to match the durability of other weapons.
>And it's OS is functioning even though it was supposed to self-terminate aeons ago.
Fi is just lonely and is going back on her word. It's been a long time.

yes

Deers are best Horses.

If you could only register the Lord of the Mountain

Also:
Who is the horned goddess? Does this mean there are even more goddesses out there? Where even are the male gods???
What is the Forgotten Temple?
Who was the Eighth Heroine?

Why is Ganon in the laboratory and half machine/guardian

I swear I saw a woolly rhino on a snowy mountain at some point, do they exist or was it just a bear?

They exist. Check the Hebra mountains.

Yeah, around the Hebra region

I was unaware that the 3 cup shaped rocks in gerudu town was a thing.

time to explore

Horned guy isn't a deity, just someone Hylia stuck inside a statue.
Forgotten Temple is Sealed Temple from SS, you can see Loftwings at the entrance and inside.
Not sure, the text on them says "Seven Sages" and you could argue that if Gerudo built them they would be built as women, but who the eighth is I've no idea. What I don't believe is that the eighth was originally with the others, I think she was built where she currently sits, maybe as a guard for the passage north of Gerudo Town.

>yfw your favorite game isn't Skyward Sword

>your favorite game is one of the most divisive

Gerudo Link in smash when?

>current link has a Fierce Deity costume
>it'll be replaced with Gerudo Link
this sucks

Did you mean is? Not many people have SS as their favourite game.

gone the way of metroids suit

It seems Gerudo Town was pretty much carved out of some kind of natural rock formation. I suppose it was built there because of the seemingly bottomless spring of fresh water that's there

8th = Ganondorf

Once they reasoned he was the bad guy rather than a hero they made statues of the actual heroes and his was forgotten. An attempt may have been made to destroy it as seen by it's sword being away from the body but they gave up before making significant headway

Is the location of the skeleton horse random? I just found it around Satory Mountain

There's one near the Labyrinth on the cliff at night

There's a guaranteed spawn near the Hebra Labyrinth. I think they have a chance to spawn in various other places too.

if they have Gerudo Link in the game it'll be the best Smash ever

Costumes that should be there:
>Wild set
>Champion set
>Gerudo set

any place with mokoblin riders has a chance of spawning a skeleton horse at night.

Beedle is a meanie

Pleb'll say it's just a shitty painting of a horse
Patricians know it's an avant-garde masterpiece

Don't worry boys, i'll watch over you.

This picture gets better the more you look at it. Fantastic.

On the topic of horses? You know how a stable girl mentions changing the mane style and gear of your horse? How do you do this (Other than gear sets made for horse) - is that the only way?

I like that color for that armor better than mine.

So if I stick my penis in the gap between the pieces, am I having sex with the Triforce or is this the start of a foursome adventure?

It seems not okay to me. It's not even the 0 state, I'm more concerned about the on/off situation. It totally looks like a low battery mode.

To me it appeared as a demon people prayed to, but stopped at some point. It might have been a guardian deity who got pushed away by the resurfaced Hylia cult.

The Forgotten Temple appears to be of the old Hylia cult. It doesn't have to be the one from SS but it's definitely from that era and is meant to be the highest temple. It could be the one people used before they fled to the Skyloft.

I don't know about the eight heroine, but "Ganondorf" sounds a bit off. Maybe the sword could give a clue?

Zelda from Zelda 10k sealed away Ganon's spirit. The crafty Sheikah took the body and experimented with it in order to find a clue to get rid of Ganon once and for all. They failed and Ganon tried to return economically by recycling the wired up body.

Yes, talk to her while riding a horse with max affection and you can customize your horse's mane and change its equipment provided you have other horse gear and the horse in question is not Epona or Giant.

Sweet, thank you!

Does this mean you cannot make the giant horse wear armor? REEEEEEEEE

No, the giant horse is too big so the regular horse-sized armor doesn't fit it.

Is that the amiibo horse armour?

>changing some regular chus to fire chus in front of Benny
>she freaks out and starts to run away
>faceplants
It's the little things.

The giant horse looks good enough without armor. I honestly think it'd look worse with it

Yeah.

What? Where

Tbf irl riding a horse without a saddle for any prolonged amount of time is retarded.

Across the river from Wetland stable

Where the hell is Fronk's wife?

Why do all the good fish die so young?

Under Hylian Bridge, near the shrine down there.

She's on the lake by the bridge fishing to provide for her family.
For some reason, when she realizes they're missing her, she leaves all the fish she caught with you, making her family go hungry.

Chances of Nintendo releasing amiibo exclusive items as separate DLC via estore?

That doesn't sound like them.
They aren't that great though, so you aren't missing out.

>They aren't that great though, so you aren't missing out.
I don't really care about the stats I'm just a whore for collecting armour sets.

Where do you get knight armor for the horse?

>That item description
Well that's nice

Didn't hapen with MK8 or Hyrule Warriors so it won't happen here.

Thanks I'd passed her before. I thought she'd be more obvious

Here, I took a new shot with the wooden shield which I imagine has that vaguely cross shaped design on purpose.

So how did Kass' mentor die?

Well, he was an adult 100 years ago, so probably old age.

Cucked to death by Link

So I unlocked Kilton, he sperged over my hinox/lynel/sand fish stuff hard.

But he only sold me a couple of masks and a spring hammer.

Was this it? or are these extract things more valuable than they sound?

the extracts are random food items. Sometimes they don't do shit. Other times they act like you put a dragon horn in there and boost the duration to thirty minutes.

How old is Kass then?
I don't quite understand.

The masks let you be friendly with enemies, that hammer sends enemies flying. He adds more stuff the more divine beasts you defeat. Which is kinda stupid, imo. Like, why wait until the 4th divine beast before letting people obtain the dark set? It can't be upgraded and only has like 9 defense total. So dumb.

well shit. gave him 20 of every miniboss piece too.

fuck it, they are easy to kill anyways

There's a horseback archery challenge, left of Farore woods -ish. I haven't got a map handy, hopefully someone can give you more accurate directions.

Follow the road all the way south and west. Not the road to Gerudo, but the one south of that.
By the Horse God.

No he isn't. Zelda's mentor lived to be an old men and then met Kass.
Rito have lifespans around 30 years from what the Owl says.

Oh.... that

>Rito have lifespans around 30 years from what the Owl says.
That's really depressing.

Fiiighting Fire Keese by Moonlight
Catching Bugs and lizards by Daylight
Never one to run from a red lizard fight
He is the one named sorry i couldnt think of anything to rhyme here

You're a faggotight

Just use lynel bows, you can't fucking miss.

Hylian Knight