Minecraft General - /mcg/ - Emergency Train edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

piratepad.net/betterthanautismserb
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2480301-minestrappolation-4-pipes-and-teleporters
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>both vanilla and shader clouds on
choose one not both

It's not mine.
Just lifted it from google results for traincraft.
My own current base is far too WIP to post.

Late as fuck for this but, got any examples of adding depth?

Is there a working noclip or better flying mod for 1.10.2?

i have tried hard but mushroom really is a terrible building block

>have a bunch of uranium
>running shitty reactor for piss poor EU/t to get more plutonium
>have 45 tiny plutonium
Would it be better for me to go for Mox fuel rods and make one of those reactor's that's 2% from exploding and try to get into the replicator, or just go into RTG and do the shitty reactor slowly and replicate RTG pellets?

Also, which is better in terms of power generation, the RTG heat generator or the EU generator.

I know, user, but finding 40+ mods I had installed and then configuring them all to work together is just too much of a hassle

>Thermal Expansion gets added to the modpack I'm currently playing
>Have to resist the temptation to make a Magmatic Dynamo setup for power.

Fug

>ever having that temptation in the first place
you need to sit down and have a talk with your doctor, you might not have autisk

All power generation is boring, at least magmatics get the job done.

Somewhat related
>Extrautils2 removed the endothermic pump

Fucking why.
Now people are going to use the old pumps and leave flowing lava fucking everywhere.

breeder reactors my dude

>Want to play with roots, embers, and all that new blood magic stuff
>Literally no other mods worth using on 1.11 to make it worth it
Why do I have to choose between new content and QoL/variety

How hard is it to learn java and make a comfy mod?

If you have to ask then you'll never know.

I never could get shaders to work except for one time a year ago.

THAUMATURGES

POST YOUR INFUSION ALTAR SETUPS IMMEDIATELY OR SUFFER ELDRITCH INCURSIONS FOR ETERNITY

The infusor in the middle, and

the pedestals on the outskirts length/width-wise and also diagonal

candles and crystals in the odd symmetrical edges

enjoy your eldritch incursions

depends on what you want to do for comfyness

decoration blocks: gonna be alot of modeling, not so much java

DID SOMEONE SAY FLOATING SORCERY PLATFORM?

I'm now aware the framed greatwood doesn't provide stability, I just like the look

That looks really bad user

BUT WHY IS IT FLOATING

magic

The power of autism

i made a modpack designed to rely on the player raiding rundown buildings and have yet to add any ruins into the game

am i retarded?

What are the /mcg/ necessary tech mods for 1.10.2?

1.7.10 and gregtech

Thermal Foundation and then whatever the fuck you want really.

cyber something

its basically MPS but instead of a suit its you

MAJICK
Elaborate, friend anonymous internet poster.

Single repeated materials rarely ever look good

It's a square platform in the air user. Not exactly a feat of architecture.

>slowly adding mods a few at a time via multiMC so I can resolve crashes as they come along
>add tinkers construct
>crashes due to a potion ID conflict ID's 30-36
>take it back out
>according to Anti ID conflict those ID's aren't being occupied at all now

Am I retarded or is TC conflicting with itself somehow?

i joined this minecraft server hoping to just hoard diamonds and steal shit

but some dude logged on, brought me to a cool island he found, gave me a full set of enchanted diamond shit and a shitton of diamond blocks and asked me to help him build the island into a city

help i accidentally into responsibility

It'd look god tier, at least in terms of block choice if those cunts had connected textures.
Why they don't is a mystery.

Also it's a square

I thought breeders were legacy only and not part of experimental? Was I wrong? I'm probably going to do mox reactors until I can start replicating RTG fuel.My computer shit itself and I had to reinstal so that's why I'm only replying now.

Its a square plank, try to at least smooth the edges and give some layers to it for depth.

tell me what to build

Hm, fair enough. I'll fiddle with it once I get my wrath cage built

>Testing IE with H&C.
Its completely functional; other then H&C's ore requirement being about the same as a EI multiblock, but even then its made up by the huge ore deposits you will sit on and never find a use for anyways.

H&C's brass requirements to make shafts is unexpectedly high. You need two shafts to make a single-block turn shaft for example, and that is not counting the amount of gear spindles. The mod wants you to follow the KISS rules when making ore processing.

terraform the island into a swastika

he wamted me to build a big bridge overva gap
i could work swastikas into the design

>remove literally every other mod that adds potion effect ID's
>still happening, just with different ID's

>remove anti ID conflict
>it fucking works

What the actual fuck, I thought this was only supposed to log information but the mod apparently caused the exact same thing it was supposed to prevent.

Still haven't improved it but at least I added glowstone on the floor

The mod's for shitters who don't know how to config, no suprise there.
Just do data dumps with NEI

what did they mean by this

Get TechReborn for 1.10 if you want gregtech, it's based on the best version of it.

>mfw mekanism's author is finally back in action
>mfw he's fixing bugs that long plagued 1.10 and even released an update for 1.7
>mfw l play 1.7 and 1.10

piratepad.net/betterthanautismserb

1.10.2 gregtech server with not the whole kitchen sink in it. not sure what mods to add outside of this.

Anti ID conflict outputs all potion IDs, and then crashes the game. It's a single-shot debug tool which I have yet to see someone use successfully to debug potion ID conflicts. just get PotionExtension.

But PotionExtension doesn't exist on meme versions yet.

Everything seems to be fine anyway now that I've just removed it entirely. I haven't played in like 2 years and didn't realize that mods are apparently smart enough to allocate ID's automatically now so I just assumed I was going to have to tweak 3000 config files to get anything working.

name the best mod for adding a gun/guns so i can install it RIGHT now.

Is this going to be yet another greg serb that only gets two players and shuts down after the first week thing?

Techguns for 1.7, it's great

T E C H G U N S
E
C
H
G
U

S

techguns

minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2480301-minestrappolation-4-pipes-and-teleporters

This looks so much fun

I don't plan on it.

What do you autists think about Space Astronomy?

The terrain looks a bit rough but Its good for my first try on big size terraforming, it kinda looks eroded so it fits.

what project should I make with rails in vanilla

Seems midly configged and the concept is really nice but its full of bloat like Decocraft or reika mods, or Ichuns mods, plus the shitty tech mods like MFR and TE.
6.5-7/10 for being a kitchen sink.

suicide machine

no that's a project for real life

Very redpilled and informative post: hackforums net/showthread.php?tid=5593114

if you don't have a super toaster there is LITERALLY no reason to play vanilla.

practice there

I don't enjoy crafting things to craft things to craft things

why do vanillafags pretend to know anything about modded

i dont know the difference between the ic2 versions but a breeder reactor is just a reactor setup that runs very hot but stable to burn through uranium quickly and create plutonium, but not creating as much power as more standard reactor setups.

play better mods

Spouting baseless accusations about something is far easier than actually going through it and forming actual opinions.

Roguelike dungeons, ars magica, quark, even though crafting things to craft things to craft things is a VERY POPULAR branch of minecraft modding it's by no means the only branch.

Honestly even though it's KIND OF "craft things to craft things to craft things" botania on it's own is all about crazy rube goldberg machines and if you're enjoying vanilla rail projects that aren't literally just a shitty roller coaster you'd probably enjoy that too.

AE2 or Refined Storage for 1.10?

I haven't played since 1.6.4 but my understanding so far is that the AE2 dev went full autism with a bunch of retarded mechanics nobody likes but RS is too simple/powerful for what it does.

Does AE2 Stuff curb the autism to an acceptable level?

logistics pipes

>mfw i used to hate mods because the only mods i knew were TMI and Nodus
>mfw i now play with 180 mods minimum

very informative, thanks for the blacklisted :^)

currently in the red circle
want to move to somewhere within the red square and lord over all the villagers

where should I put my new base?
the tan is savanna, orange is desert, poop green is jungle, and light green is plains

AE2 stuff makes a few processing jobs easier but not tremendously so.

The biggest "hurdle" in AE2 is its channel system, where you can only have so many interfaces/processes connected to each cable. Refined Storage removes this limitation.

If having to work out basic logistics problems sounds annoying to you then go with RS. If you want a bit of challenge go with AE2.

>"""""""""""""""vanilla"""""""""""""""

There is a version of amdist for modded mc.
No clue if he's using it though.

I'm not
:^)

>1.11
>that nauseating vanilla terrain
He's a vanillafag alright.

haven't played in a while.
recommend me a mod pack where I can do cool stuff with magic and tech

Friend of mine found TS2 and wants me to play it, but he doesn't wanna play on the main serb since he doesn't know how to trains. Is there a way to set up a private serb for it?

Yes, but considering the amount of work that went into getting ts2 to a barely working state, I don't think you'd want to go through that hell.
Plus running a serb takes resources you probably don't have.

Play on lan and nigger rig port forwarding or something.

Refined Storage pretends to be AE1, but it instead adds inscriber recipes for every last thing. It's shit.

any must have mods? it can be functionality or just graphics

Optifine and fastcraft are necessary optimization mods to prevent slideshows in large modded bases.
For applicable versions, foamfix is also necessary due to terrible optimization in forge.
From there, you move on to shit like minimaps and waypoint mods.

Then content mods, which largely vary based on taste because the vaste majority of them are significantly bigger and more complex than vanilla, and usually require getting a feeling for modded mc before deciding which ones you want to roll with.

>Emergency Train edition

Pls explain.

>modding rail autism into autism simulator

why.

>doesn't wanna play on the main serb since he doesn't know how to trains
Join serb anyway - you don't need to know how to trains. A few of us have gone full thaum and don't have any trains

>newfag

Why not?

Tell your friend that there is literally a monster of a trainfag who plays on the server who would be more than happy to trains for him for the sheer autism of it.

Can anyone explain the full use of trains like OPs pic?

>Can anyone explain the full use of trains like OPs pic?

... Like what they are used for?

Moving stuff. You build a train, you build some track to your friend's house. Fuel and water said train, then load up your boxcar, tank car and animal car and head off to your friend's house for a party. Most of the cars have an inventory and can carry items or liquids. One car will carry mobs. Others will carry players.

>I come back to MC after many a year
>I wonder if FTB is still around
>It is
>Download the launcher
>It's actually the Curse launcher and I have no idea how anything works

Welp. Why must Curse absorb everything I love.