I fucking hate this car. Why is this shit everywhere?

Cheap and gay people like them

You rang?

cheap and fun

(You)

this is now a miata thread homeboy

Its cheap and good. Like your mother.

Yeah OP, they're gay, they're slow, they're shit, they're ugly, everyone hates them that's why they are the most sold roadsters of all time.

Look, 95% of this board is underage kids working minimum wage jobs to keep mommy from kicking them out. A shitbox Miata is the best they're gonna get.

I know 6 people irl who said they didn't like Miatas, and they also never driven one
I let them drive mine and each of them loved it, and changed their opinions on Miatas. So I can conclude that /most/ people who don't like Miatas has never properly driven one

They don't look like much but they are really fun to throw around

they are cheap, light and have a huge aftermarket. All of these things make for a good project car. I DD mine because I genuinely like how they drive.

they're the car that created the modern "it drives like a go-kart!" reviewer meme, which is used by every sports car since.

they still can't get it right tho. The modern "equivalents" still have electric power steering and mushy suspension.

I'll take electric power steering over full drive-by-wire many econoboxes are moving to. the miata also has pretty soft suspension out of the box, they like to roll around

>implying there aren't other fun cars in the same price range

which is what makes miata fags even more hilarious

Why do people like what I don't like? Waaaah

What are some alternatives? I can only really think of Foxes and F Bodies but those trade handling for power. I guess if you can go back in time 15 years an S13 is a viable option.

Boxsters

Does it bother anyone else that The one in Leno's video has such gay mods? I mean, couldnt it at least been a real roll bar instead of the useless style bar? Also i thought most of the cars he likes to be around are OEM pristine examples? Why Chin-o-senpai? Why?

I wish I could find good quality Boxsters for 5 thousand dollars

*IMS bearing fails

1. that is uglier than a miata
2. its not even in the same price range as a 1st gen Miata
3. this is the only boxster that looks good

barbie mobile

aw11 mr2, 88-00 civic/crx

>AW11
Miatas are known for being easy to drive and accessible, AW11 is the opposite of that
>Honda
Miatas are known for being one of the easiest to get RWD cars, getting a Honda kind of defeats the purpose

Everyone in my area hates these things and this no one has them. Feels bad desu

wrong

cheap
rwd
good handling

what other rwd car can you get for 2-3k that can actually corner?

Thank you for posting this. The CRX was doing Miata shit before the Miata existed. And the Elan long before that.

>the elan way before that.
Well the miata was supposed to be a modern Lotus Elan.

E36

I was about to say F-body but you said that already
Just do it, I did
Don't cuck out and get a V6 either

Good luck finding any affordably.

Credit where credit is due, they were truly the kings of tiny cars on the drag strip during the early 90's.

They'll get there soon enough, my car was only a grand more than an NB in decent condition. Good NAs are only getting more expensive because of stancefags

Nice memes

>this is the only boxster that looks good

Do you DD your Boxter?

Yes, I couldn't believe it when I saw it. It's supercharged too. Why the fuck would you "collect" a classic car that's modded?

Yeah, not the best on gas though

Its a shitty meme car

Hell every Miata is a shitty meme car. They're the Mustangs of convertibles look nice but are shit for long term

i'd pick miata over first gen boxter anyday
and cayman over second gen

>Its a shitty meme car

what exactly makes them shitty meme cars?

Being appreciated for what they are

Got an NA for a few grands and I'm pretty happy with it

cheap
fun
reliable
large aftermarket that's been around for 20+ years
relatively easy to turbo (NA/NB)
easy larger displacement engine swap (2.5L, NC)
tons of oem parts available
huge fanbase /w lots of people interested in motorsport
comfortable to drive if you're average height
looks pretty cool with some modifications
pretty good interior design

>what exactly makes them shitty meme cars?

it's too popular

before it use to be a special snowflake sporty car because of its reputation, and that's when Veeky Forums ironically loved it

now that its praised by journalist everywhere and prices are rising for clean N/A's the special snowflakes are grasping at straws to find an alternative (aw11, boxsters, etc) and it's hilarious.

we gotta get down to the gulch! scotts down there! he needs our help!

hey, don't shit on aw11, it's actually a pretty good alternative and i say this as a miata owner

>doesn't name any

What are you doing to the car?

>spending more than 2k on a miata

Redlining everywhere I go legally is pretty fuggin fun.

Oil change before taking it in the track

You should at least drive one before making decisions, Miatas are wet noodles
Besides, Saddam Hussein's son had one

>Besides, Saddam Hussein's son had one

Not the same user but i dont see that as a negative.

It isn't

>boy, i wish i could buy an uglier miata that's harder to work on and pay 3x as much for it

Nothing reliable, the same age or newer, and FR.

>memes
Design flaws are not memes

Didn't porche make the newer ones that were still failure prone, but irreplacable without splitting the case?

Why would it not be?

Pros:
>Cheap
>Available everywhere
>Tons of aftermarket
>Extremely reliable
>Easy maintenance
>RWD
>LSD if you get the right trim
>Light as fuck
>50/50 weight distribution
>Good transmission/shifter
>Huge community
>Can go from 90 to ~250 HP with stock drive train

Cons:
>kinda gay looking
>no power stock
>Flexy chassis
>leaky soft tops cause rust

>before it use to be a special snowflake sporty car because of its reputation, and that's when Veeky Forums ironically loved it
The Miata was a popular car well before Veeky Forums existed