/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB47)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?35487

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=2qlES6unUwY&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=0p9Ptob5pC4&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
masterpaladins.com
paladins.guru

Previous thread:

When will Jewbear finally kill this game?
I'm sick and tired of all this suffering.

You now get less gold from daily wins and weekly challenges. You now get less chests for hero mastery 2-4. Cards and essenses still missing. HiRez didn't even have the guts to announce this. Shills who support bad business practices should be hung.

>update game
>now it runs like shit
WOOOOOOW

>but you're not a software dev what do you know
>checks all other games who are able to have patches without the fuckery HiRez has
Fanbois who tie their self esteem with videogames are the worst.

WHERE IS FERNANDOPOSTER

>unlock all of the rare/uncommon cards
>at least 3 (Nanontechnology, Refreshing Jog, and Side Tanks) re-lock
>can't use the decks I've been playing with since OB40
>"We'll give you the benefit of the doubt." - t. drybear
>only trust drybear to do me wrong so I re-buy Nanotechnology and Refreshing Jog
>OB47
>Nanotechnology is still unlocked but Refreshing Jog got locked again and Side Tanks is still locked

sasuga lo-rez

Jog's locked for me too.

dead, just as our god

its alright
only 1 more day

One more day until closed beta, and then we can get our keys. It'd be a failure of spectacular proportions if they manage to fuck up Quake of all things.

Will OB47 go down as one of the best patches the Open Beta ever saw?

>be Hi Rez
>know about the missing cards bug
>also know players can use old loadouts with missing cards but can't make new ones with those cards
>What can we possibly do to fuck over our players a little more?
>I know let's disable old loadouts with missing cards so they can't use them unless they re buy

If by "best" you mean biggest fuckups then yes.

Post the right picture.

Oh and let's make it so that you can't quickly grind gold to get the essense and cards back by reducing your daily win gold bonuses and weekly challenge rewards. That way you prolong the feeling of helplessness and frustration old time players will feel when you take control from them.

Absolutely! With all the amazing bug fixes such as some UI elements nobody ever looks at!

Eh, OB44 was worse.

This is it, this is how Paladins die.

>tfw am a software dev and know bugs are largely the fault of the developers
The testing phase exists for a reason.

Is it f2p?

>closed beta
>probably won't get a key early like every other closed beta

oh well

no

but to be honest i dont mind paying for a game if its well made and polished and also doesnt suck

>be new player
>desperately need new cards, especially legendaries
>you only get 2 chests in the first 5 levels :/\)

Also because you don't get enough support/tank heroes for free you're going to have the smallest level of impact in the game for a LONG while.

>lo-rez locking all my rare cards

sasuga

I hope not. No other game has a character like BK

Not with a bang, but with a whimper of a slow, painful death into obscurity.

I don't know man. I like how the game plays, I can even look past the annoying bugs but HiRez is like actively trying to make people quit their game.

I'll probably just log in for crystals for a few months and see if they will fix their shit.

BK is definitely the best and more original thing hi-rez has done with paladins

Is Volcanic Makoa hush money to make us not complain about more grind?

>BK had a fun, original, unique playstyle
>hes been buffed so much and his bombs are so forgiving that hes basically turned into viktor 2.0
>the game will die before this mistake is undone

>Check other forums
>fortunately still alot of mad people so I know I'm not being in a rage echo chamber or being out of it
>still find far too many shill comments

Why? Why? This is actively harming you the customer. Why are you in favor of dicking yourself over? I don't get it when people do that here or anywhere else on the internet.

They're already whales, user. Whales will do and say anything to justify that they've sunk hundreds of dollars into something.

They're trying to justify the time they spent in the game or the money they spent for the founder's pack or whatever.

They see the other people getting upset over it and take it as an opportunity to pretend they are smarter or more "mature". Remember that shills are the only people on earth smart enough to understand that companies want to make money.

Some of them are also the hyperwhales that benefit from the game becoming more jewish because they would have those things anway but they will be more exclusive.

>Seeing people say that they would've been fine with the change if hi-rez put it in the patch notes
gross shit my man

Have they given any justifications for this change?

They didn't even put it in the patch notes, like they thought no one was going to notice or make a big deal of it.

I don't think they've acknowledged the change anywhere

I wonder what they'll pull out their ass the justify them reducing the incentive to to try new champs.

lol

They promised a stream with Drybear talking about matchmaking and stuff this week, I wonder if he will take some time to talk about this too.

>we can't seem to reproduce the bug causing fwotd to award less gold.
>we haven't had any reports about the radiant chest bug you guys are talking about but I will look into it
>this may be caused by lag

They'll just reverse the change, say that it was unintentional, and apologize. We all know they'll only be sorry because they got caught

What's so funny about Def's statement? He's pretty much espousing the same grievances we are? Or are you laughing because he might as well be speaking to a brick wall when he's posting his complaints?

It's probably the latter.

lol

Literally who.

Hi-rez won't care about youtubers until Raynday finally breaks off.

Raynday already sold his soul for self-insert in form of Lex, he's gone forever.

>we'll give you guys the benefit of the doubt and increase it later next patch.

>tfw you only discover that cards are missing when trying to select a deck in game
This makes me madder than having to pay for them again.

Reddit response

>Every video I make is helping them keep players interested in the game, which I feel is ethically wrong at this point.
Goddamn

>finished leveling up my referral account literally hours before this shit hit
Thank fuck I didn't wait another day.

>shifted the economy to the point where essence was being earned too quickly
jesus chirst

I'll stick with my "just login for free crystals and see where this game goes" plan. My faith in the game has really dwindled.

>essence earned too quickly
>essence being too much of a grind is universally the biggest criticism of the game right now

Why don't they just make more content if they want people to have things to spend gold on. They spent god knows how long on that stupid spray system and most of the champions still don't have one, and the ones they did bother to include are god awful.

>Every video I make is helping them keep players interested in the game, which I feel is ethically wrong at this point.
What videos, he didn't post anything in a month, this is pretty much death online.

>essense earned to quickly
I'm rapidly blinking my eyes in disbelief. So in response to them thinking we're getting cards too fast they decide to nerf literally every possible way we can quickly amass funds.

He stopped making videos because he stopped playing the game.

Buy boosters to speed things up, goyim.

Think the whole post is about why he hasn't posted anything in a month desu

He was certainly too full of himself there but I do agree that the game has quite a lot of problems and if HiRez doesn't change their ways it'll only get worse.

guys, we need to nerf torvald again but def not lex cuz that would be racist :^)

I can't exactly do that when I believe they'll even nerf that too. Or when I don't believe that this game will last very long with rash decisions like these.

>We weren't selling enough boosters we're looking to change that with this update

>No option to use just the volcanic hook without using the whole goddamn body.
This game's customization is so shit.
At least the eyes look alright on the default body.

>we need to nerf torvald again
Don't even joke about it.

Don't even joke about nerfing frontliners. I am usually the only one I can rely on to tank in my games, I don't need my role to be that much harder.

>volcanic hook without using the whole goddamn body
That would compromise their artistic choices :^)

>We've looked at community feedback and decided to make it so Torvalds no long spawn. with full shields. He must now Recharge up to the full amount.

I still can't believe they had the audacity to make a game with skin customization and then say that hair color would compromise the design.

Its color, it doesn't even change the silhouette which is whats supposed to be important.

You would think the hook would be with the cannon as a weapon.

Just played a game where the enemy's stuff (shields, evie ice block etc) were all colored blue instead of red, is this a bug?

It's just an excuse, user. A throwaway one, at that.
You don't like your multicolored band-aid customization? Fuck you.

Well, he surely has a lot to say about the current state of the game for someone who didn't play in a month.
He has some points, but jesus christ, this tone of his makes me puke.

Probably.
What isn't a bug at this point.

>disenchanting cards for like 300 essence at the time makes economy in the game unstable
shaking my h

i am a whale, i never defended this shitty company and i am ashamed of supporting this jewery

Fucking Lo-rez I stopped supporting them after what they did to tribes then a friend convinced me to play paladins and I fucking love this game I even bought the founders pack not too long ago and they pull this shit. Why do they destroy every game I love, I was thinking about buying crystals if this update was good but nope they aint seeing another dime from me

That just means you're a whale that got away.

I want to apologize to Fernando for being so late!
;;

YOU ARE BACK
THE GAME IS SAVED

It's okay, i forgive you

>tfw you want to stop being a whale, but Mal'Damba's skin soon
Couldn't they ruin the game after it was released, goddamn.

Fuck why does Drogoz ult has to last so fucking long? You can dodge him like 3 times in a row and he will still manage to get you ,fuck that.

did they remove the hidden //reconnect?

>there is Makoa in every game
All it took was an an ugly but free skin.

REWARDS ADJUSTMENTS
Reduced FWOTD bonus reward from 450 to 300.
Reduced Weekly Quests rewards from 1000 to 750.
Replaced Champion Mastery Level 2 and 3 rewards with 500 gold.

It's in the patch notes now so everything is fine :)))))))))

Booster sale soon

Bugzy would get too upset if it was nerfed.

>booster bonuses reduced!
>booster price increased!

>We were noticing that some veteran players with hundreds of hours logged were running out of things to buy.
>So we made changes that make it even harder for new players to get this shit in the first place without actually adding anything for veterans to buy.

he doesn't enjoy the game already and think it's a job. What's another upset to him.

>they added the Makoa skin :^)

Don't forget the burrito skin and the kinessa skins :^)

all fantastic uses for the gold I have piled up.

>mfw auto-buy was suddenly "fixed"

I didn't even know the thing existed to be broken in the first place

Are these limited or here to stay? I'll end up buying the kinessa one at some point if its permanent