byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/u40ABfJz

Other urls found in this thread:

byond.com/fundraising
youtube.com/watch?v=GgZWyntHj0c
humblebundle.com/books/python-book-bundle
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for fuck attack animations

Attack animations are good

you faggots better unban me before i poop my pants!!

report this thread, was first
sage goes in all fields
was first

delete this thread or ill make you turn dead

FIX THE SERVER REEEEEEE

>10 fps
>300 ping
>sprites are fucking blinking and dissapearing randomly
>literally unplayable
>10 online on highpops
is game officially kill?

Go bitch at lumox to fix byond, its been confirmed to be a byond thing and not a code one.

We don't have enough players to maintain /ss13g/ therefore we should merge with other small games to make a sizeable general.

I vote for /bgg/ - byond games general

>lummox just hinted at making $5 monthly byond memberships mandatory
it's over...

nst for mrpain sucks elephant dick

link it

or actually don't link it i don't want to believe

When is lummox going to fix this shit

Maybe he's dragging it with his toes

I like how Lifeweb has you walk backwards when pulling something. It's a nice touch.

If 10 is highpop, what is the 40 online now?

Megahyperultrahighoverdrive pop?

>pomf's patreon gets another person donating money
>person mysteriously disappears off the ban page

All we need to be free of Lummox
is for one brave soul to risk an actual legal theft charge by putting a virus into a BYOND test case and getting Lummox to open it, then using that entry point to steal the BYOND source off his computer.

Be the hero we need, free BYOND from Lummox's grasp.

>it's a faggot shills the thread with his shitty byond russian erp simulator

please go away, go to reddit, nobody wants to donate money to some russian who has to code pussy into a game to get any

we don't even need byond nor lummox at this point, we have our code base, the backend and our own server, we don't even use their master server.

we could very easily implement our own user account authentication and be free of byond faggotry

>one mention of lifeweb is shilling

To be honest Randy puts in a lot of effort and pretty much solo runs his server, he's coding for it constantly and he deserves the money way more than any ss13 host.

He's smart for taking free money from autists for a big dick or whatever. That's capitalism

We still compile on BYOND, we'll still need its source eventually if we are to try and improve it beyond the pile of garbage that it is.

Large chicken

I don't like attack animations, because honestly they look super fucking shitty and add so much more visual noise than necessary, but is there something besides that that I'm missing here? Is it casualization that's also a big problem here?

LUMMOX FIX THIS
PLS RESPOND

They can be toggled off but default to on and your settings reset each round

quick, Veeky Forums is dead and pomf killed it.

what server do we migrate to
1) colonial marines
2) bay
3) have one of our admins host a new Veeky Forums server

Lummox is like the Notch of Byond, sits back and collects money, hardly does shit beyond the obscure forum post/maybe fixes something once in a blue moon

If you want that faggot to release the source, you need some leverage. Or offer a large one sum donation in turn for it.

They make what? like 200$ a month off it from donations?

I think them defaulting to on was fixed
But the resetting still happens
This is why everyone is scared of touching client prefs

Yes, casualization is a big issue. People dont seem to understand that ss13 gets so much content and autistic detail to its mechanics due to the way its presented, in a minimalistic way that attracts the autistic coders to add more and more to this shanty town of shitcode, you start slowly making it so new standards in apearence are elevated and reduce its autistic nature and you kill it. Dwarf fortress would not survive if you made it look much better, it would stop being dwarf fortress and it would become much harder to develop to, alongside its voluntary developers either leaving due to the playerbase changing or them just not liking how things are going

I wonder what job the /ss13g/ janny likes playing. Do you think he likes to play janitor in the game too?

No, janitors on ss13 get paid. He plays cyborg janitor

fulpstation

reminder that lifeweb is a superior game

Kolith, you haven't played for months, lifeweb isn't even ss13

there isn't a janitor for a single general. janitors work across multiple boards. Why would you think a single person would moderate one of the slowest generals on Veeky Forums?

byond.com/fundraising

Already made 400$ for this month, there's people on there that have donated 10,000$.

Don't be fooled that they aren't making money.

Because I've seen him delete posts within seconds on multiple occasions in these threads. It's you, isn't it?

Post the best song from Carmen Miranda's Ghost

hardmode: No Jayme Dawson's Christian or Sam Jones
youtube.com/watch?v=GgZWyntHj0c

oy vey

I like Some Kind of Hero.

What does byond need funding for? Hosts pay for the servers.

Apparently they have 'full time developers'(lol) and cite web hosting costs!

I've personally ran a very popular game server and website and bandwidth wasn't even a concern.

It's just a jewish trick to get money.

Delete this and pay lummox or else

It's literally just money for Lummox.
He's the only staff member, the only coder, for BYOND.

You who were the greatest server on Byond three years ago, and still can be! Why do I say, "you still can be"? Because, my friends, I know you, I know the Autistic people! I know that twice in my lifetime in the Goon Raids I griffed in, in the Vore Raids the younger autists griffed in. We the Autists have put our effort, our energy of valor, of heroism, unequalled in the history of Spess.

Greatest server three years ago, what the fuck are you smoking?

Oh, I see. It's adding more work for people who want to develop the game to do for something that doesn't add to the game's depth and only exists to make the game easier?

>Dwarf fortress would not survive if you made it look much better
Rimworld.

If you had to pick one player who quit to be the new host of Veeky Forums who would it be?

>comparing Rimworld to DF

Not that guy but DF has so much depth that I believe it'd be impossible to properly make graphics for everything and it'd probably slow the development to a standstill while Toady spends weeks spriting some shitty barrel.

t. never played Veeky Forums 3 years ago

Yclat.

>only good code allowed
>medium rp enforced
>no discord
It makes me sad knowing it's no reality

kingston

lag was so bad on vg i went to tg and its actually better there than here.

give me space screencaps and i'll try to draw em

>coders claim the problem is byond's fault
>every other server and game runs fine

not exactly spess but I thought it'd be perfect for ss13 art

Exactly, its a casual addition for people who cant play the game right to begin with and delays/hampers further development by either workload associated by it or game population shifts, a extremely bad adition in that regard but fuck it, its in and it isn't going to be reverted.
Nowhere near good enough compared to dwarf, single z level, flawed raid system accounting which escalates to unbearable levels once you get your town in any decent shape, makes you rely on rng in character creation/raids so you don't kill the good ones and so you dont spend a hour getting colonists that can actually make a colony grow, combat is alright but generally its a much, much watered down dorf, at best user. The lack of graphics makes developing dwarf a breeze and allows for stupid levels of autism when compared to developing rimworld.

Draw Mr "Christopher Smittyman" Pain12 blocking the entrances to a horde of rapefugees

I'm screaming inside

By the end I had a fully equipped security belt, a diamond drill, and a stolen esword, and I never got to use any of it.

>spend an hour on xenoarch preparations, hardly see the miners for the first succ
>as soon as I go on station to cause chaos the shuttle is practically there and I only get to meme one dude with ied bear traps

Suppose it makes up for the last time I memed the shuttle with a large artifact.

This made me giggle like a maniac and I'm not sure why

How do you pronounce gib anyway?
Ghib or Jib?

>spend an hour on xenoarch preparations, hardly see the miners for the first succ

One of the miners went loud with an esword before getting arrested by BEEPSKY and killed

Was the greentext worth not using your fancy shit to torture people?

that's a lot of words for a grand total of 0 arguments

I'll vocaroo it for you, how can I contact you?

We had three miners, I had even fully made preparations for silent takedowns and succs, but alas they must have been killed by the rogue one.

>Gib

like Gib me dats

Jib, because gib is short for giblets.

hm... to code and be productive or go play and continue shitposting

ghib me dats

so why don't the coders just revert their changes to before the server started dying? if the server stays shit then we know its byond's fault. and if the server is fixed then the server is fixed

>want to code something
>it's hardcoded
>would have to recode everything to make what I want
>give up

I never got the opportunity. By the time I had acquired all my gear, the round had ended. Science was slow on the diamond drills because no one did research at first. In addition, I was also made a security officer by the HOP, and by the time I had everything, the round was over.

I've never coded in my life, I hate all coders and using github to downvote reddit pull requests makes me angry and suicidal.

Where do i begin because I want to code and insert my shitty fetishes into the server

Veeky Forums duh

I saw that shard on my cam and was wondering what the fuck was it doing there

humblebundle.com/books/python-book-bundle

So it IS gib

>python

byond is nearer to C

clone the code to your desktop, grab an IDE like notepad++, and make something simple. Ask on Discord in #howdoicode for simple requests.

What really activates my almonds is that byond takes forever to compile than I have to load a local server which also takes forever than load into the server and wait for everything to boot which also takes forever

If I was getting paid to do this, than see image but since I'm not I can't be arsed to do anything

damn, how does a man choose

There's a reason assistant is at the top

I'd actually argue that learning anything BUT dreammaker first is detrimental to programming for ss13 because you learn to use a logical language following sensible syntax and then you realise none of it matters here

A slave obeys, so pick something where you have no responsabilities and dont have to answer to anyone.

Real men are assistants or all access assistants.

>python bundle
for what fucking reason

literally just change your map to test_tiny and turn off vaults to get instant loading

... why is this some arcane knowledge that I must bitch to obtain?

this.
HoP is the biggest slave there is.

>nd then you realise none of it matters here
this
I only read some of the documentation and part of the coding guide and am infuriated