/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #487

''Who can it be now?'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11965358
strawpoll.me/12158769
strawpoll.me/12405766
strawpoll.me/12416723
strawpoll.me/12662425
strawpoll.me/12662462

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
streamable.com/cmctg
youtube.com/watch?v=QRqoOmI0_is
lifeisstrangefans.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>that pic
Life is Strange: Defenders when

Max is #1

Reminder that it's okay to cry, guys.

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

I love you /lisg/

>you never got to go for tea with kate
why live?

But I can't stop

I love you too user

Mwaha, time for sadposting.

Ellie was not among those McGuffins, though.

Still evocative and beautiful in its own separate sphere of reality.

Ok, then replace her with Alyx from HL2

Just gotta hold out until we have Holodeck technology, user
Then you can play LiS while actually feeling the breeze in your hair, the clothes on your skin, smelling the salt air and Joyce's cooking, have infinitely protean conversations with near-human-level AIs

BAE > Bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

EVERY FUCKING TIME!

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Tradition goes a long way...

Adult Swim series when?

I think LiS could work as an animated mini-series.
Even though I love the idea of it being a cartoon like Ed Edd n' Eddy (With Max, Rachel, and Chloe being the main three).

We'll see how the live action series turns out. Which is way to early to even make guesses about.

Now.

>It's April 2017
>Still no news about Episode 3 stream
>Still no news about Season 2
>Still no news about the TV show

I see what you did there.
And I like it.

>Still no Episode 5

2017 is the Vampyr year for /lisg/

How can Max be so smug and joyful at the same time?

Max is a miracle.
She manages to be youthful, mature, serious, and cute, all at the same time. Everyone who knows he is incredibly lucky. Except those who screwed up bad enough to have her as an enemy.

When you guys will let it go?
Every single thing about LiS has been discussed before.

Never.

The picture of them swimming makes me think
Chloe should do something involving the sea.

Become a Marine Biologist or get a job at an Aquarium teaching people about sealife. Learn how to scuba and bring Max along sometimes for underwater photography.

Chloe could work the shark exhibit.

When we are given enough closure and when our questions have been answered.
Which I don't want. I like having stuff to discuss looking back on the game, and discussing the future of the characters.
So is right and a sequel will just create new things to discuss and compare.

>She manages to be youthful, mature, serious, and cute

And hella savage in ep5.

>and a sequel will just create new things to discuss and compare
>a sequel

>if LiS had a satisfying ending /lisg/ would be probably dead by now

We know you want to make a sequel, Michel

I want to lick her nose

Justin knows whether Chloe's carpet matches her drapes ...because even he's not so stoned that he thinks blue is a natural hair color.

And he was her boytoy during that phase.

savage indeed

More like a Beastie Boys music video.

Chloe does of cancer. haha :)

Kate was excited to join her gal pals Max and Chloe for a night swim in the pool. Sneaking in at night was the most adventurous thing she'd ever done. She was so nervous she showed up late and saw...Chloe giving Max mouth to mouth. Good thing she was there or she would've drowned. Chloe and Kate would be very sad without their gal pal Max around.

Good, then I can finally be free

EXPLAIN THIS, /lisg/

>she

All these pool pictures and it's not even summer! But it's an indoor pool so I guess they can swim anytime.

Max is fierce!
(Only when she has to be)

I wonder whose door they're knocking on. Maybe Dana, she'd get along with all of them.

>Season 2 gets satisfying endings
>/lisg/ finally dies

:thinking:

That's fake news

Gotta keep it going until Season 3 and the return of Max and Chloe.

Seriously though, if we keep /lisg/ alive until Season 2 then we will probably keep going even after that. As long as we like the characters enough. I'm sure people will still be posting Max, Chloe, Kate, and the others from Season 1 even then.

>Implying the season 2 characters will ever replace Max and Chloe

They will be better.

I don't know if they'll be better.
I hope they're different but feel good in their own way.

She has to be a lot.

...Quite a lot.

Well she can be fierce >:(
(When she's confronting someone like Jefferson or Nathan, or maybe Sean in the future)

Or she can be fierce ;)
(When she decides Chloe is not calling she shots that night)

Which role does each character play? Maybe Kate could be Matt. They're both devout Christians.

Max = Jessica Jones (both into photography, super powers they'd rather not use, have unorthodox lovers, cute)

Kate = Daredevil like you said

Victoria = Iron Fist (super rich, get pissed off and sassy easily, struggling with their identity, at least one is an awful fighter)

Chloe = Luke (both big muscular black men)

Chloe's not a large black man...she's a small-town girl
Living in a (not so) lonely world

>at least one is an awful fighter
Aww, it's okay Vicky. Kate will give you lessons.

>implying even Victoria can't fight better than this

streamable.com/cmctg

I think the overall story and plot will be better, but if other anthology series have to go by (Telltale's TWD, True Detective, AHS), the season 1 characters will still be #1.

It is mathematically impossible to have a character better than Max

I think Chloe was slightly more developed as a character. But the two of them are some of my absolute favorites.
It's gotten to the point where I look upon both of them as some kind of daughters that I wanted to help and see grow.

I wish Grande Dame and the sequel had less politics and religion in it.
The sequel idea is so cool. Chloe and Max's great-grandchild looking through their, finding Max's diary, and flashing into moments during it to see through Max's eyes. But the stuff I mentioned above, as well as the futuristic elements, just don't feel like Life is Strange.

>Chloe and Max's great-grandchild
Wait how does that work

In the first story technology progresses to a point where Max and Chloe can have a biological child with both of their DNA. Max carries it and they end up having a daughter named Rachel.
Rachel marries some Hindu guy and it continues the Price-Caulfield lineage to the point of William [Insert a bunch of last names here], their great-grandson.
Like I said both stories had really cool ideas for a basic plot but some really weird stuff started appearing. The future stuff, the Hindu stuff, and some of the dialogue.

>some hindu guy
Sounds orientalist AF

Go to bed pooh

Well the author's really into it, which is cool for them.
But I can't follow it all that much and don't see it that fitting for Life is Strange. I mostly skimmed and picked out the parts about characters from the game.

how is she still so optimistic at the end of chapter 2? after everything that went down the past two days and she still just wants to solve mysteries with her best friend.

Chloe? She's finding a sense of belonging again for the first time in a while.
For the first time in a long time, Chloe is happy and thinking about someone other than herself. Yeah, she was worried about Rachel, but Rachel also seemed to push her away when they got "too close".

Just watched 'Mulholland Drive' on a whim... holy shit. If you like LiS and haven't seen it, you should fix that.
I'm surprised it's never recommended when people ask for lesbian movies
If they just replaced Michel with Lynch, I'm sure Ep 5 would have had an amazing ending

Because the lesbian stuff isn't really a significant part of the film, even though it's pretty hot

Or it would have ended with Max stomping on the fetuses of everyone in Arcadia

How was it similar to LiS anyhow? If it was just the "atmosphere" then how so they cultivate similar atmospheres?

Sleep tight, pirates

I miss this fucking game so much. I want to find more games like this and was even thinking about replaying it again but I would get swallowed up by it. I miss my girls. :/
youtube.com/watch?v=QRqoOmI0_is

Max is a bad person haha :)

My LiS fanart folder is up to 500 images thanks to /lisg/.

Oh gee user I haven't heard the main theme since I played it, now I'm sad again :(

I don't know if I can manage another playthrough

>Max, Rachel, and Chloe
I think you mean Max, Warren and Warren
They'd have such crazy adventures! Going APE all the time!!!

>Playing Persona 5
>Scene that feels like it came straight from LiS where a student jumps off the roof of their school

I know it's not a rare trope or anything, but I thought it was an interesting parallel.

Anyone have any experience with

lifeisstrangefans.com/

My experience with it ends at looking for fanart on there occasionally. From that I can say they have very shitty servers.

When's the Environmental Art competition finishing? I'm looking forward to seeing all the submissions, even though Warren's room is definitely going to win.

>creep that spies on you outside your window early in the morning
>plays Watch_Cats
>a game where you violate literally everyone's privacy

In Brightest Day
In Blackest Night
No evil shall escape her sight