opengameart.org
blender-models.com
mayang.com/textures

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.unity3d.com/2017/03/31/5-6-is-now-available-and-completes-the-unity-5-cycle/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

AHiT when?

Post terrible code

Languagedev in Rust

Fourth for if we had and agdg board there wouldn't be silly engine wars every 5 minutes

>this isn't even TEXTURED
the fact of the matter that Unity is probably the ugliest commercial engine out there but come on dude thats clearly textured, those bricks arent 3d its just ver well bumpmapped

you can see it on the pillars, theyre completely flat-edged in profile against the sky but are self-shadowing and shit

the unity engine is objectively shit

Which engine will you use for your NEXT game?

my studio's in-house engine

But its one of the best for mobile!

finally redid my strafe aiming system. i also made a prone aiming system, no actual prone button yet.

the same I'm using for my CURRENT game

Unity is the best looking and best running engine out there. It is the ONLY way to make a game. Prove me wrong. Oh wait. You can't. Ever. :^)

BTW Where is your Game? I know where mine is... I'm a Ludum Dare winner. You aren't. Kill Yourself. :^)

NO
YOU DON'T HAVE ULTRA REALISTIC GRAPHICS BECAUSE YOU'RE USING UNITY
REEEEEEEEEE

>source """""engine""""" op
holy shit delete this

I wonder if there will be a next

That image seriously triggers me holy fuck.

>needing a txt file for every material

KILLLL ITTTTT

man, /agdg/ has some serious autists.

I mean they get proven wrong about something a whole thread ago and now have to run around screaming about it still like little faggots.

why do you suck Unity's dick so hard? my only guess is that you're a developer and/or paid shill, otherwise you wouldn't take everything so personally.

It wouldn't hurt him to put some tonemapping on.

This is better than baka text scripting!

yea so much worse than literal pedophile OP's.

Unity GameMaker UE4 Godot They are all good engines now stop complaining and make a game holy shit

Sad OP is sad

Holy shit that's amazing. I thought I had laid claim to most clusterfucked blueprint layout with Mayhem League but that takes the cake.

Why the hell would you design your BP that way?

How else would you design it

Those 2 lone nodes bottom left have literally no reason to be there, I assume it was just made for the memes.

This is liking asking how you code a game without using a monolithic main loop

My personal favorite.
It's so elegant, you know something is very, very poorly written, but you will never see it. This is art.

What's the engine with easiest online multiplayer setup?

UE4

Probably Source or UE4.

he's just messing around.

i don't know anything about that general kind of thing yet. i've been putting all my effort into the movement system so far. i'll deal with visuals when i have a fun game.

This is Dixie's main character BP.

I consider it fairly disorganized; I could do a LOT to clean it up if I felt it was worth the time (for example, if someone else was working on it with me).

I've finally tamed the shader I had problem with

UE4

>when your "code" looks like a monstrosity from beyond the stars

Not mine, but I've done this before. Remapping values for a neighbor aware tile grid. I used a dictionary to store the values, but I still don't know a better way of doing this sort of thing.

>tfw just wasted a few hours on this
>I'm probably not even gonna use it in a game

>visual scripting brainlets
Cmon senpai, you have been working on mayhem league since forever and you should have picked up some proper c++ by now.

probably the "engine" I built in love2d, possibly something more powerful and popular

I'll probably continue to be a filthy shameless engine dev if I don't die

unironically Source, it has an option for it when you first get Source SDK to spit out all the source code for you

not sure about that spoiler looking back wing. rest of it looks fine.

well the "else { if (false) {} }" doesn't do anything so that's already badly written
pic related though

Why? Still don't need it.

Especially now that blueprint>c++ nativization is out of beta and working properly.

>Remapping values for a neighbor aware tile grid.
There's ways to reduce the complexity. First of all you can split tiles into quadrants, then you have 4 * 2^3 = 32 possibilities instead of 2^8 = 256 possibilities. When you cut it down like that, it's much easier to program the mapping from bitmasks to tiles. Also, the mapping is similar for each quadrant so you really only need to write logic for 8 masks. Not bad.

This is fine if you want the tileset image to have a proper non-random arrangement.

To be fair ue4 is such that blueprints are significantly more powerful, functional and stable than the C++ api.

It's supposed to come off and become the board, I was just in a rush

plus an in-game screen

>when your "code" looks like it should be fucking a Japanese loli

Just from that image you'd have no way to know how much C++ was involved.

I mean I know none, but still. Literally no one makes a UE4 game with no blueprints.

current game: my own
next game: Unity

2D is one thing, but I ain't making an entire 3D game on OpenGL. I need time to actually make the game.

If by 'working properly' you mean it crashes the engine, that is.
The point is to reduce "code" complexity and improve maintainability though. Just a simple example: you couldn't copy-paste a blueprint from UE4 into a unity project.

not terrible, but my favorite that I've seen here

nice wiz_mud expansion

Also, you can see even in that image that there's a pattern to be exploited to cut down the code a shit ton.

>this is how Italians cook their code

Why would anyone go from UE4 to Unity though

>when your "code" is on your shirt already with your mom's spaghetti

You can't copy-paste C++ from UE4 and have it work in Unity either, what the fuck are you trying to say?

I enjoy working with visual scripting because it doesn't let me hide from how much of a clusterfuck my code becomes. When it becomes a complete spaghetti mess, I'm forced to reorganize and optimize everything so it's not painful to look at and usually end up making things faster and more flexible because of it.

Italian here, use superior Unity

>italian
>white

>when the news goes crazy over a new giant species of squid and it turns out it was your code

You can, not only because the basic structure is the same and properly written code is composed of separable parts, but also because the main buildingblocks are the same so you just have to rewrite the engine-specific parts, and chances are there's a direct equivalent in the target engine.

hopefully that's optional right?

i hate crt shaders

That is correct

Actually, people who prefer C++ when Blueprint would work are the brainlets. Like points out, Blueprint is basically functional programming and so there's a lot of friction against writing spaghetti (it actually literally looks like spaghetti). Blueprint also has things like delay nodes that would be really hard to express in C++.

You use C# in Unity.

How many party member you prefer to have during combat in a RPG?
I prefer 5, but it seems like 3 is the standard. Why?

sure thing, by default you get the crisp 1bit look

What color scheme should I give the hilt, boyos?

Zero, fuck teams.

Come back when you know how to program hello world.

module Main where

main = putStrLn "Hello, world!"

looks dope

NICE BUSTER SWORD RIPOFF FAGGOT

So uh, no one is going to mention that ass?

Thanks, next time I'm making a tilemap I'll try that out.

Time to learn C++ then.
Thanks.

Rose. I'm not even joking.
On another note, is looks like the Buster Sword. Is that intentional?

Not him, but the Buster Sword itself just looks like a gigantic box cutter/pen knife blade.

THANKS QUEER

I'm drawing a whole bunch of swords for my game. Some of them are bound to share resemblance to other, more iconic swords. I try to keep them as unique as I can though.

When you say, Rose, you mean the cross part right? If so, know that it's actually against the fucking Geneva convention to have red crosses in video games.

Currently using Gamemaker, but Godot seems straight up better. It even has a usable language.

>Buster sword with a white pride symbol
>unique as I can
I wonder what the rest of the swords look like.

>white pride symbol
???

>R loli M I N D jam R
loli jam runs April 1 to 15
post your progress in the thread to cause endless REEE from normie shitposters
upload your game to any filehost and link in the thread
if you get banned we will honor your memory
lolijam friendly irc is #AGDC on rizon.net (irc://rizon.net/AGDC)

does a visual novel with rpg stuff count as gamedeving?
renpy can handle at least a dungeon crawler

True games don't have stories.

blogs.unity3d.com/2017/03/31/5-6-is-now-available-and-completes-the-unity-5-cycle/

>mfw it is true

I still don't care, though.
Use Rose and don't think too much about it, any controversy might actually give your game some free publicity you will need.

How does that look like a buster sword? Is it just the shape of the blade?

is this nauseating enough?

I mean, it DOES look pretty cool...

There's nothing about it that doesn't look like a buster sword other than the white pride symbol.

Technically I think it's "red cross on a white background" which is trademarked, not just any red cross.

for healers only

you need the entire stage to be a boat rocking against the sea. DO IT.