Why isn't anyone building new cars like this, just with a little updated safety, like seatbelts?

Why isn't anyone building new cars like this, just with a little updated safety, like seatbelts?
I'd buy one immediately.
The best part is, you can leave your hat on.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1XnfX9tTc8c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cars look like the way they are today because that's the only way to get them to pass safety, mpg, and emission standards.

Those are inefficient, and were only made that way so they could travel on heavily rutted dirt roads.

>hat
so you could tip it at fair ladies, right?

I guarantee you, this car is going to draw more attention from women than any boiracer "sports" car.

yea, it would
still, no reason to wear a hat while driving it

Those get like 25 MPG tho

but why do they have to? why cant we buy unsafe cars that are new

They were built like that because they weren't far from the horse and buggy designs.

And completely incapable of reaching 40 mph. Also, a crash at 35 mph would be devastating in those tin boxes. A guy died when his Model T struck a tree down the road from my house, just a few years ago. I live on a 35 mph road. That's what no seat belts, and no crumple zones get ya.

>And completely incapable of reaching 40 mph
This one easily goes to 60 mph. It has the first V8 engine, with 70 horsepower.
youtube.com/watch?v=1XnfX9tTc8c

>Also, a crash at 35 mph would be devastating in those tin boxes.

So, a good reason not to drive like a jackass.

Because no one would buy them and thus the manufacturer wouldn't make any money.

Some guy here in South Beach DDs one.

What is updated safety

It's literally illegal. There was an exception passed if you only make a small # of cars a year, but go over that and you will be drowning in a tsunami of red tape.

Why hasn't Ford made a ~modern~ version to commemorate the Model T?

I don't even mean to sell, but for publicity or something

Lawyers and there's an incredibly small market.

What about this OP? It's a Classic Destiny. Made on a fox body chassis.

Obviously never rode in one. The handling is such there is no manner of safe driving. It's either drive them real slow, or upgrade the suspension to not die quickly.

To update the safety is to redesign the entire structure of the car to the point it will still look like today's cars. Look at Chevy SSR, PT Cruiser, and Dodge Prowler. Those were attempts to bring back the really old cars. That's what they built to fall under safety requirements. The very structure and appearance of those early 20th century cars are inherently death traps.

>The handling is such there is no manner of safe driving.

Probably not much worse then my FJ40.

They're designed to kill. I wish the government would make old cars illegal. I really do. They're horribly dangerous, unreliable, uncomfortable, and devoid of modern amenities. Why do people subject themselves to the torture of driving old shitboxes when safe, modern, fuel-efficient cars can be had for peanuts? It's fucking crazy.

>the first thing I notice is the 1199

Fuck that bike is sexy

I wish I could make you illegal and deport you back to wherever you came from.

The F150 is probably the closest thing to the Model T that Ford still makes.

also the T's driving controls were fucking retarded, there's no money or potential in building a show car off a 100-year-old design that you can't even legally sell.

A Miata gets better mileage, has better suspension, a more powerful engine, seat belts, air bags, crumple zones, metal wheels, hydraulic brakes and clutch, a radio, windshield wipers, turn signals, runs on unleaded gasoline, and is cheaper to buy and own than a fucking Caddy Type 57.

>no fun allowed: the post

Get that stick out of your ass.

I look misplaced in new cars.

Forgot pic

>designed to kill

I don't think this means what you think it means.

Stay mad cuck