/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, April 5th:
823 – Lothair I is crowned King of Italy by Pope Paschal I.
1081 – Alexios I Komnenos is crowned Byzantine emperor at Constantinople, bringing the Komnenian dynasty to full power.
1536 – Royal Entry of Charles V into Rome: The last Roman triumph.
1566 – Two-hundred Dutch noblemen, led by Hendrick van Brederode, force themselves into the presence of Margaret of Parma and present the Petition of Compromise, denouncing the Spanish Inquisition in the Seventeen Provinces.

>News
CK2 Monks and Mystics is out. Check the Veeky Forums archive.

EU4 - 21/03
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-dev-diary-21st-march-2017-diplomatic-macro-builder.1006623

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76 (embed)

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!25g2hTqD!Hs9iRdPLz9XK_8Vla2qdTQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FINALLY Report and Ignoretist sleeps.

*brap*

Please remember to pay for the games you play

How to not get cuck ed as Mexico in Vicky 2 by us

La Plata

Also Zulu strats on hpm pls.

fpwp

pray

>

I'm in Asia so its already the 6th here

>2048x768

>3 brigades left

Jesus fucking christ, I'm gonna skip and just play as Argentina.

Don't you have to be a GP for this? Also, why did they offer WP?

that's probably a good idea
i won pretty much all battles until i got wiped and spain is occupying new england, this means they have negative score + high war exaustion, enough for wp
also I am a gp, or atleast i was for a couple more months after the war

you're a horible ally and you should be ashamed

The thing I hate about playing in the new world is you have to be a democracy or you get rekt.

unless you are a meme master like me

No you don't?!?!???!?!

Ive only ever failed a few times and thats because of reincarnation instead of immortality. What do you mean? I dont exactly look up event details for fun.
>Ive only played like 7 times since it came out, 4 immoralities, 2 of those were the reincarnation so fails. Fails mean I restart the game because I only have bastards cause I only play raiders. Its not like Ive done it hundreds of times.
You have an 80% chance of the mystic helping you be a fraud, and additional significant chances to fail every one of the three trials until the chain is complete. I have yet to legitimately get immortal across dozens of playthroughs.

>maritime union
Nice meme mod.

>cheatownering baja california

For the guy asking about Milan
>starting 1365
1444 is the best place to start, its just a grind fest from the first date ad leads to bloated development by end game with rediculous numbers

No clue never worried about centralization except how it pertained to bonuses. You can build roads to stop the autonomy problems and your small so nothing else matters so decentralized is the best

Development stack is when you take tons of policies/ideas to lower development cost. Like government oversight doubles the chance of a certain event to happen within the 6 closest provinces to your capital. Trade node one boosts development all around ports and trade zones

You should stay smal as Milan no vassal just a bit of land to the north until you want to lose the republic, say around when you hit max tech. Then coup it and take the crown. i kept it for RP purposes.

Culture boosts development and gives a higher chance of the renaissance institution to appear in your thing, or just give you it without the event. Ive seen karaman get 100% right after the event so I know it happens. Since I started right at 1444 I got 1 free idea and half of one because my house rules allow me to change out the preset ideas because fuck the game. Culture was good because i wanted to expand meaning I needed alot of dip mana fast to take non territory things and release countries for fun. So I took that and leadership for great generals. The development bonus mostly.

Youll trash most armies without even trying with leadership (best military idea bar none, 3 star leaders right off the bat) and the universities.The engineering thing was just because I was so far ahead I could afford a -20% in all income and manpower. That and faster sieges are why I took it. I rent my troops out for top dollar, around 1 gold per 1k, so faster sieges means less deaths.

>Also with all that extra adm mana I ditched economic and went with innovative. Because I can do that when ideas cost 250 a piece and tech costs 300.

>he doesn't know mexico can sell it in the gadsen purchase

>failed to get a 80% roll out of a dozen times
>some guy gets 50% and wonders how it happened.
Seems like I got all your luck. Did even know they could be frauds.

Thanks user, I appreciate the advice.

You have a 20% chance of them not being a fraud, and a significant chance to fail at every trial they give you, fraud or not.

not based and not white

play napoleon's legacy, and keep the north and the south in a state of fucking each other constantly until you get strong enough.

time to save up money

Literally never failed a test. Its stuff like cut your wrist. Let this snake bite you. Its not like that kills people or anything. That last part fails though and I die and have no land so I lose.

>Victoria 3 comes out
>It's pretty much just Victoria 2 with new graphics

What features would you like to see added in the eventual 50 DLCs?

how should i treat these foreigners? i have a feeling the language they speak is very

anglo

You should trade with them but they are followers of Lucifer.

le famous sabaton soundtrack vol 3 pls

>reloading to get that result
>implying this isn't cheating

expain

Industrial Mana

you got me there

In CK2, is it better to have kinsmen as vassals or non-kinsmen as vassals?

Depends on your religion.

Kinsman contribute to dynasty score and like you a little more. Though after a couple generations of drifting apart they don't seem to give a shit about being related to you any more.
My go to is to give the capital duchy to a kinsman, then give them the kingdom (assuming I am empire tier)

Thanks

Show map of North America

Does anyone know a nice graphics mod for Vicky 2 to simplify the zoomed in graphics or maybe add more music?

Nuthin personnel, kid

What mod is this and how can I get it?
I think pops should be added in somewhere in the first 20.

brown + acidic

Does anyone actually play UK in V2? Is it even fun?

so, where is our plan to take over paradox and make EU:ROME great again.

Yes if you want to be perfidious

I like to give them counties when I can, then bury them under a non-dynastic duke so they don't interact with me. You can't choose your kin, but you can choose who to invite to court and the content+humble duke is better than related+ambitious+possessed duke.

yes
you can do literally anything you want and managing indian/british stacks is comfy af

How about big gommunist countries like USSR/China when they're available? Now THAT must be hell.

China is fairly easy as you just upgrade everything every week, USSR is pretty painful with all it's barren states.
>is it worth building a factory in a state with 6k pops

Not really, it can be a bit tiring for some at first but afterwards it's just shift+clicking
but that's still a lot better than having retarded capitalists completely ruin your plans

>communist economy
>have to manually upgrade factories through shift clicking every month
>your industry score will still never be very high
>capitalist country
>completely ignore industry
>become world #1 every time
Really makes you think.

I want to form the Netherlands in MEIOU but I don't know who I should play as. If I play in the Empire I can't ally anybody outside of it, but if I play Burgundy in 1444 I'm hated by everyone and the Empire will fuck me if I try to expand into it. Anybody done this before?

not him but enjoy this clusterfuck

>all factories are dogfood

okay

After the End w/ Cartographic Map Remix

mega.nz/#F!25g2hTqD!Hs9iRdPLz9XK_8Vla2qdTQ

does anyone have a direct download of the new version of veritas et fortitudo?

>bad factories close due to unprofitability
>good factories open in their place
vs
>whatever factories the state deems profitable in the 19th century stay open forever

>mega.nz/#F!25g2hTqD!Hs9iRdPLz9XK_8Vla2qdTQ
Thanks

dang yours is so much less blobby than mine

now imagine if After the End didn't have MP lag issues

Thats like saying imagine if Meiou didnt have lag issues. It would be the best thing in existence.

You done it now, bok, MEIOUIDF in 3...2..1.

I'm a huge M&T fan but he's right, lag is inevitable when you add a bunch of tags and shit. Good mods are usually slower than vanilla, which is why he was saying it's pointless to imagine "what if they were better"

Yeah, but there's a guy here, he may actualky be one of the devs, that spazzes out whenever anyone criticises it. It's a great mod, but at this point it would be better if Paradox simply hired them as developers so they could work with the source code instead of tacking a load of modifiers to the game and calling them mechanics.

What if America was taken over by Jeffersonian National-Syndicalist aka NatJef?

as MEIOUIDF i agree desu

pls give sourcecode johan

I agree but PDS won't do that because they got burned with MM and EvW. They're keeping their games' major mods at a distance, right where they are, as mods rather than games, because they don't want to take the risks anymore.

R8 the aesthetics of this flag/emblem please.

source: They're going so far as giving two mods, Kaiserreich and M&T, their own showcases at ParadoxCon, but they're heavily stressing that they're mods and that they're in no way open to making a new game based on them. They're probably done with games like Darkest Hour for good tbqh

faggy hat/10

pretty nice

>Kingdom of America
>Canada exists but only as the tip of Minnesota
What the fuck man

>13 colonies
>13 stripes
>12 stars
what did he mean by this?

>dark brown on dark blue
Bad.

>KEESEEKOOWENIN

thanks
As in this specific cap or just a cap in general? The fasces+cap is not my idea, it's the "commissioner's" idea, but I can try to switch it for a better Phrygian cap if people think the current one looks retarded.

natives

It's certainly slower than the basegame and running it on 5 speed is impossible, but I also see a lot of user post shit about how slow it is when it's really not. Unless there's an absolutely huge war going on (something the size of a religious league war) by 1450 or so the game is completely stable running at 4 speed and comparably fast to vanilla, at least for me.

I'm not saying that the mod doesn't have lag, just that I see people shitting up the thread with how slow it is and it's usually not true. Unless they're playing it on a fucking laptop it honestly runs surprisingly well given how much they've added.

someone answer this man

redskins

they are also my puppet republic
i ended up completely liberating canada, but it's an old save and i don't have pics after i fucked britain hard

>new CK2, EU4 and Stellaris content all on the same day

sheesh does the entire company have to run on the same deadlines?

1 is not an even number.

Make the faggot white and put a star above it.

Chances are the main state is that flower in a log things symbol. Sort of like if the EU had germanys stuff on it and took a star away.

Wait fugg, how many stars should it have?
t. not American
true, I'll try to adjust the colour balance, to make it stand out more

no it runs like shit

I know about the EU4 and Stellaris content, but ck2?

1× Respectfully Helpful
How will MEIOUIDF ever recover?

The patch to fix M&M comes out today.

like shit

>Wait fugg, how many stars should it have?
Are you a fucking terrorist?

Number of stars = number of states.

I have a pretty good CPU and its speed 4 is significantly slower than vanilla's for me. It's a noticeably slow mod. However apparently 2.0 runs faster so it should be fine. Speed 5 is mostly for when you want to wait long periods of time out and skip anyway, if I run on speed 5 I can do a year in like 9 seconds on vanilla, which is way too fast to actually pay attention to anything

Wait fuck you're right there should be 13 stars for 13 states.
Shit that completely fucks up the balance.
I'll figure something out.