YES YOU ARE FUCKED, SHIT OUT OF LUCK

>YES YOU ARE FUCKED, SHIT OUT OF LUCK

Shit's on way more often than not in my V8 ZJ. I'd check it if it still had an OBD port. Seems fine though.

Probably the exhaust sensor
It might be making you suck more fuel than it should.

WAIIIIT, WAIT, WAIT YOU MOTHA FUCKA

>your meaningless sensor #32455 is bad!
>keep driving

I just turn my key 3 times and the codes pop up on my odometer.
T. Oil pressure sensor every freaking time every 3-4 months

>nah its basically another maintenance light, youre fine dude

>Not blinking

It's fine.

>tfw you cut your catalytic converter out and caused the check engine light to always be on

now nothing can go wrong in my car. it feels so good. i dont know why more people get controlled check engines in their car

HARDWIRED TO SELF-DESTRUCT

Can mean anything from "you need to put the gas cap back on" to "you've got 3 weeks of engine life left if you don't take care of it". You won't know unless you scan it. Scantools are cheap these days, and you can even get most auto parts stores to scan it for you for free.

>oil all over two of my sparkplugs
>misfire feeling like a clogged fuel filter
>car shudders violently if I try to accelerate at too low RPM (not lugging, I could in the past)
>no check engine light or any codes
What's the point of OBDII again?

>Scantools are cheap these days
Pretty much this. Walmart had them on clearance for $20 a while ago. I could kick myself in the ass for not getting one, but honestly I could order a Bluetooth OBDII dongle and just use my phone for way less.

>What's the point of OBDII again?
To check why your check engine light is on.

Just turn your key a bit further and start the engine.

There - All gone.

>the check engine light has been on for 4 years
>haven't checked it once
>just waiting for something to happen

I have severe issues that herald the imminent death of my engine, and the computer remains silent on the matter. What does it take for that fucking light to come on? Is it just to harass you about bullshit exhaust sensors because muh environment?

How is it supposed to sense your fucked head gasket?

An OBDII tool is a permanent feature in my car. Not that I really ever need to read trouble codes as I haven't had a code in over a year, but I use my phone as a GPS, music player, engine readout, dashcam, and trouble code notifier. Just dock the phone on the dash when I get in, I've got it set up to start all of it automatically.

DESU, it's more about emissions and vehicle inspection than it is about making sure your car is running right. Sometimes you can totally ignore the MIL if it's emissions related and you live somewhere like Wyoming where nobody's going to care. I'd scan it anyway just to see what the PCM's bitching about in any case.

lol, reminds me, we had a car in with what was obviously a conrod coming apart, the noise the conrod bearing was making against the crankshaft was just nightmare fuel. Obviously the engine is done for...

Trouble code : Misfire detected.
No other faults present.

>car goes into limp mode

Gets about 17 but maybe I'll check. It does smell rich.

who /ServiceEngineSoon/ master race

> THE DEMON CODE PREVENTS ME FROM DECLINING A ROCK OFF CHALLENGE

Checking in.
OBD1. SES light occasionally comes on during a certain type of driving because of some EGR bullshit.
>turn engine off
>back on
>no more light

>check engine light goes on and off at least three times a week at random
>GM Problems