Alright Veeky Forums I have a problem here

Alright Veeky Forums I have a problem here.

This is my truck, alright, finally decided to buy myself a new one.
>2016 F-150 SuperCab XL Package
>5.0, Electronic Lock Rear, 4x4 with 3k miles.
It's a pretty nice truck, but I hate it. I hate everything about it. It has less features than my 2000 Lariat F-150, it's too sensitive to drive, and I'm afraid to drive it because of the way people drive in my town, in parking lots, etc. And I can't have any fun in it like mudding or anything like that, no reason to mod it, new exhaust, anything.
I could just sell it, right? But here's the problem: I owe 34k on it and it's only worth 30k according to KBB.
What do I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_Z
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>FINANCING
>A GAS TRUCK

>buying a vehicle
>not putting 10-20% down
>not buying a used lariat or platinum or king ranch
you brought this on yourself dumbass.

You fucked up bigly for buying that instead of a used platinum edition

You should put a lift kit on it and larger tires.

Got tired of dealing with repairs on my old truck, didn't wanna buy someone else's crap.
Also used ones don't come with Z plan nigga.

>XL has less features than a Lariat
well no shit. how'd it take you this long to figure that out?
either pay it down until you're not upside down on it or eat the negative equity in another loan on something else. those are about your only options.

You fucked up OP, should've bought an FJ Cruiser.

>buy 2011 FJ w/ adventure pack in Nov. 2016
>put 16,000km on it
>check autotrader
>FJs with same features and higher mileage selling for same price/more than what I paid
>prices are actually increasing in some areas
>for used FJs

>2 and 3 year old FJs are still selling for the original MSRP with 20-50,000km on them

In case you're wondering OP, it feels fucking amazing to drive the God machine.

>infinite modding
>plenty of power and great handling
>small enough to be maneuverable, big enough to be practical
>reliable as hell
>unique design doesn't have you blending in with other cucks on the road
>girls love it

OP you need to drive your cu- er, TRUCK into the river and use the insurance to buy an FJ.

>18 years of difference
>lariat features back in the day are standard now

Burn it to the ground

Ford is the master of bait. They constantly upsell customers with extra shit. It serves them well to have a super shitty base model with no features, because dealerships can slowly work up to the higher-trim models with idiots.

>well sir if you go to THIS package you get that feature you're asking about, PLUS these other [useless] ding dongs
>AND if you go to the one just above it, you get ALLLLLLL of that stuff PLUS MORE USELESS SHIT YOU'LL NEVER USE AND WHICH WILL STILL BREAK AND COST YOU MONEY TO FIX

I mean it's working somehow. Their warranties are weasely too, like on the premium models that have the drop down step rails, the motors on those aren't covered at all by their so called "bumper to bumper" warranty.

Why wouldn't you just lease it? Ford dealerships here are always doing 2 year lease specials.

I thought I would like it from the test drives.

Fuck that. Those things are ridiculously overpriced. And 90% of them are driven by old Asians for some reason. So prepare for "I know rhat I got roundeye"

Ford is notoriously horrible for warranty service - their standard procedure is to pass the buck until it's out of warranty, then tell you it's catastrophic transmission failure.

They're not overpriced, they're commensurate with what you're buying - a quality vehicle that will last until the end of time itself.

>XL
>didn't buy an STX package
You deserved it hahahaha

>Also used ones don't come with Z plan nigga.
Neither does yours? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_Z

>Seriously paying over 3x what it would have cost to put a BRAND NEW motor and transmission in your current truck

That's where you fucked up.

It's not just an engine and transmission. When you have a 17 year old Ford Truck, literally everything will fall apart and need replacing. Bearings, driveshaft, control arms, u-joints, fuel/brake/trans lines will rot, alternator, wiring corrodes, paint starts to fade/rust/bubble, etc.

t. someone who watched his dad own 3 F150s over nearly 20 years, and they all ended up in the same state after 100,000km - constant repairs needed every few months. It doesn't matter how well you maintain those vehicles, they're not meant to last. That's why they're so cheap and plentiful.

I was being somewhat inaccurate, but not by much. Realistically it would have cost OP less than $34k to do enough work to his current truck to make it mechanically sound enough for another 250,000 miles.

>100,000km

You and your dad are fucking idiots if it didn't even last you 225,000km before needing major repairs. It's called "maintain your shit properly"

Not even a Ford guy and even if somebody was saying this about my rustbucket 18 year old 130,000 mile Ram I'd tell them they were a dumbfuck.

No faggot, it's called a shit vehicle. All routine maintenance was done, even rust proofing. They're absolute shit vehicles and you're a fucking hick if you think otherwise.

>this is why they keep selling Fords
>retards like this KEEP buying them

They're trash vehicles - Americans are incapable of making a durable truck. Even if they wanted to they couldn't.

>all this butthurt
looks like someone came home early and found his wife getting plowed by a big manly truck driver

Bullshit. There is ZERO way you were doing major repairs with under 120,000 miles on it with routine maintenance, let alone a whopping 62,000 miles. No. Fucking. Way. None. Zero. Weak troll. 0/10. Try again next time.

What pisses me off the most about Ford is they intentionally make their entry level trucks completely shit. Like, how is a 2WD truck at all acceptable in this day and age? It isn't, it just exists to upsell people into a proper 4WD model.

>Like, how is a 2WD truck at all acceptable in this day and age?
When you live in an area where it's not needed and doesn't justify the added cost.

>I owe 34k on it
>XL Package

>Less features.

That's a good thing.. the more features feels like I'm driving a luxury car rather than a pickup truck.

>denial

Ford makes crappy trucks, this is not a secret. They routinely shit the bed at low mileage. All of their cars do. Stop shilling.

For a company that was run by a family of avid anti-Semites, they sure are Jewish.

Then why the fuck do you have a truck?

There isn't an American car that can't go 100,000km without any maintenance. Even the worst of the worst American cars. It's 100,000km (62,000 miles) before they're even out of warrantee.

I have a Ranger with 404,000km (251,000 miles) on it right now. Runs perfect.

Just bought a 2003 F150 with 235,000km (146,000 miles). It's like driving a new truck.

Just admit you don't know the first thing about trucks.

I just want to say, OP is a pussy. It's a truck, not a luxury car. You want luxury, you pay for it. And all manufacturers charge for those features.

I honestly don't think I've ever seen a vehicle I hate more than an FJ...

maybe the Element?

What pisses me off is some jackoff making a statement that is retarded. Show me one company that does not make a RWD full-size truck, and a 4WD. You can't because you're an idiot.

put a few dents into it then you'll stop caring about keeping it pristine. after that you can truely have fun

you park your trucks in the fucking ocean or something?

also bearings, control arms and u-joints are wear parts, even if you do grease them you'll eventually have to replace them

i'll give you 10k and lesabre with 150k on the clock

This has to be a shit post. No one is dumb enough to buy something that expensive and be so unsure, that they can begin to hate it so quickly. You bought the work truck edition with the "wheels and tires" package and are complaining it has no features. No shit.

>it's too sensitive to drive

Are you from Europe by chance?

>Ford makes crappy trucks, this is not a secret.

It's a secret to me because i've owned 3 fords in my life with 100,000+ miles with zero issues.

Hell my first first F-150 had 277,000 miles and had no issues. It still drives around town and I sold it 5 years ago.

You got tired of repairs because you had previously gotten tired of maintenance.

>All of their cars do
Mhmm. Bullshit. Sorry you and your dad are retarded and can't keep a vehicle on the road more than 50,000km

To move shit with? Just because you have a truck doesn't mean you have to constantly be off roading and driving through 40 feet of snow daily.

hurf durf muh daddy drove a ferd it wuz gud hurf

>poor people defending their domestic trucks

lel can't make this shit up

bait.bmp

The first Ford truck was a Ranger. It was over 200k miles when I got it. Done some wrenching, it runs great. I let it sit for 2 years. Then I had an emergency, and it fired up like I drove it the day before.

I had an emergency because the second Ford I got died suddenly. It got killed in a crash. So I drove the Ranger to go pick out my third Ford. I'm selling the Ranger to a friend in need. He's excited.

Very low quality bait at that. It's a bit past expiration date.

No lie. Remember the aluminum transmission cases with grooved hardened steel servo plungers?

Fucking brilliant.

I feel you OP. I bought a 2017 tacoma base model. Good little truck, has more features than my old 04 Chevy (like Bluetooth, touch screen, back up camera, better mpg) but lacks in other parts (only 2 settings in wipers vs 6 on the Chevy, lights suck, not loud, and it has Nanny systems like seat belt alarms and TC).

Honestly I just want to get rid of it and get another classic car that has character and soul. I can trade it in for 21k, only owe 17k, but i paid 25k for it, so i can't justify a 4k hit after just a few months. Id consider making it more my own except any aftermarket is expensive as all fuck.

>buys new truck
>scared to actually use it as a truck

Why do people do this

hurd durf daddy and i are retards that don't know how to do proper maintenance on a vehicle so it means all their cars are shit

>poor tripfag whiteknighting for cheap american shitboxes

wouldn't expect anything less cancerous from a faggotfuck like you

>ifs
lmao

It's funny how you keep calling us all poor, yet we can afford to maintain our shitboxes past 62,000 miles.

>I owe 34k on it...
It's almost as if people in debt know they're borrowing their master's property and are liable for it card.

Must be a slave thing. Bizarre.

>that pic
lmao. he could seriously fuck up those seagulls desu senpai as long as his anchor is good.

If I lived in a place where it didn't crap snow all winter long, I'd be perfectly happy with a 4x2 truck. Less shit to break.

>It's a pretty nice truck, but I hate it
Wut? You hate nice trucks. So you love crap trucks then? Can you think straight first? Or are you a masochist?

>What do I do?
Quit your bitching? Not everyone can afford to buy new these days, especially with the economy getting crappier and crappier every year. Enjoy the feeling of driving a brand spanking new truck that nobody's fucked with (and boy do people like to fuck with their trucks even more than they do with cars) and that you know is going to be trouble free for quite a while to come, if you don't act like a nigger and take care of it.

don't want to hurt the aluminiuim

t. Someone too poor to afford a bedliner

T. Amerifat from pol

Lmaooo

Wrong

>Too poor to affordna bedliner

>having to get bedliner because Ford can't make a practical truck
pic related toyota hauled cargo in its bed for a million miles without bedliner and only has some dings. A Ford box would be swiss cheese trying to do the same thing (assuming it even made it past 500 000 miles lmao)

he's russian tho

Bedliners are superior to bare boxes, deal with it

>load cardboard box
>bottom of box gets chewn up my betliner on trip
>contents everywhere
Gee it sure is superior :^)

What kind of bedliner would chew cardboard??

Is it made out of sandpaper or what??

The kind with grip???

Drive it slowly through a crowd of protesters.

>install bedliner
>lose an inch of width
it's shit

>bedliner
>fills with water
>mosquito larvae
>other bugs too
>rotting leaves and dead things
>dat smell

Despite commercial trailer floors have been built out of aluminum for decades, Chevy people believe the fakest Chevy commercial ever aired. Goes to show how stupid someone has to be to drive a bowtie.

Was this an impulse buy? Why did to pay so much for the lowest trim package, and then expect it to have more features?

None of this makes sense

>not buying a new vehicle every year
>not leasing like a true Patrician

Your poverty is showing.

That's right fag, defend your soft-as-babyshit truck bed.

Good thing Fordcucks will never actually put anything back there.

LINE-X you pleb.

came here to post dis

>soft-as-babyshit
Didn't GM get bailed out? Kek.

which meant they could afford to use steel instead of tinfoil

>moving the goal posts
fordcucks are really getting triggered