Is a non M series bmw even a real bmw?

Is a non M series bmw even a real bmw?

My uncle's friend is selling a 3 series for 15 K but my buddy (who has car in pic related) told me that anything but an M series is not a real bmw.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ElQ-14rASo4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price–performance_ratio
youtube.com/watch?v=th12SRdcc8w
armmotorsports.com/Articles.asp?ID=255
merrjep.al/Njoftimi/Shitet/Fier/AUTOMJETE/Makina/BMW/Seri-3/320/BMW-320D/3836328
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's all brand whoring, M or not.

Yeah it's a fake from China. Always look for the M badge, if it doesn't have it, it's just a knockoff.

Your buddy probably has a tiny wiener

anything below 330 is not real bmw

I assume me means trim level, because that not even 5k diesel limiter is laughable.

My e30 325i isnt a real bmw?

Yeah but it's got m with three stripes so it's clearly superior

no sorry no ///M

A non M series BMW is like buying a v6 mustang. Sure, it works but you really should've bought a gt.

>this is not a real BMW

>literally says m on the wheels

>Is every BMW a real BMW.
Yes, every BMW is indeed a BMW.

Some of them are not exactly driver's cars, but they're still BMWs. And real.

Why even buy a non M series if you consider yourself a car enthusiast? No one would even look your way if you drove a 7 series. Drive an M3 or above, you draw attention.

who said he considers himself a car enthusiast?
maybe he just wants a comfy, good looking ride

If he isn't a car enthusiast, then what is he doing on Veeky Forums?

Does that mean if i go buy M wheels on my shitbox it becomes a real bmw???

yes

Why would you buy a BMW if you're a car enthusiast, when you can buy something much faster for much cheaper?

>every bmw owner painting M colours on their grille

a 335i is the best price/performance car for $15-20k you can buy right now

e46 > e30

Get new buddies.

This is the most correct post in Veeky Forums history.

My best friend just bought a CLA...lol. Doesn't get worst than that. Might as well buy an accord.

LOL. KYS

Oh fuck off.

No. An accord would have more room and be more practical.

CLA's are garbage and horribly small in every way. My GTI had more room and larger door openings.

>b-but it can't be true!
Lmao a $15k 335i with a tune will already make reliable 350-380 hp
A stage 2 335i will walk away from GTR's

>stage 2

underage B&

>350hp for $20,000 is the best prive/performance you can get

top fucking lol.

Except a base model C5 can be had for less than $20,000 easily and makes 250hp bone stock. A couple grand into one and you are well on your way to 450+hp.

An LS camaro is the same story only cheaper to buy if all you care about is horsepower per dollar.

Plus things like Evo's exist that would easily whipe the floor with some shitty overpriced BMW dollar for dollar.

>Except a base model C5 can be had for less than $20,000 easily and makes 250hp bone stock
should say 350hp

>larger door openings.
Which one is your gf

youtube.com/watch?v=ElQ-14rASo4
best price/performance in terms of how much car you're getting for the money.
>EVOs
Lmao I kill Evos with my 12 year old stock 535i I bought for $6500.

My girlfriend is 5'2" 100lbs.

The larger door openings are for me. I'm 6'2" master race and the CLA is a joke getting in and out of.

Manlets like you will never understand.

>best price/performance in terms of how much car you're getting for the money.
So by saying "price/performance" you're actually not talking about pricer/performance at all.

Genius.

You're a fucking retard.

>A modded BMW beats a GT-R so BMW's are now magically the best performance bargain in the world

BMW fangirls literally are this retarded.

>Lmao I kill Evos with my 12 year old stock 535i I bought for $6500.

Cool internet claims bro. Tell me more about your imaginary full retard freeway pulls in a car you dont own against a car youve never driven.

inbreeding redneck detected.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price–performance_ratio
A $20k BMW beating a $90k GTR, I had to prove my point to the redneck above.

Tuned 335i vs tuned GTR:
youtube.com/watch?v=th12SRdcc8w
>it can't be true!
Amerifats can't into power to weight ratios.

>talking about performance/dollar bargain
>posts some retarded freeway pull video exclusively found impressive by 12 year olds on the internet and no one else.

You better go get ready for school tomorrow puppers. Make sure your homework is done.

I remember when I was 16.

>inbreeding redneck detected.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price–performance_ratio

I know what a price to performance ratio is retard. You said the BMW is "the best" in this category and that is blatantly not true.

>A $20k BMW beating a $90k GTR, I had to prove my point to the redneck above.
A $20,000 civic could "beat" a $90k GT-R in some arbitrary capacity. That does not mean it is suddenly the best "performance:dollar" car out there.

And literally the only people that care about retarded middle of the night freeway pull videos are teenagers. Fuck off and post something relevant.

>more teenager-bait roll on videos

LOL you really are 12 aren't you?

>freeway pulls proving anything
>retards literally trying to post them as proof of anything

top fucking lel

You know, when I was 16 I was infatuated with those grainy meaningless ebic street racer super cool videos too.

Then I grew the fuck up.

You should try that.

At least post a 1/4 mile video or something Jesus Christ.

Arbitrary speed, untimed rollon videos are literally the most meaningless metrics by which to compare performance.

>I know what price to performance ratio is
Obviously you did not hence I had to correct you, inbred.
A $20k Civic would still be an awful daily driver.
A $20k 335i will kill GTRs while being a good daily driver with decent looks.
Learned a lesson now, tard?
>inb4 LS swapped miata is the best

>Obviously you did not hence I had to correct you, inbred.
You didn't correct shit. You claimed some retarded BMW was the highest performance:dollar car in a certain price range.
I told you several cars that are better performance per dollar
You then responded by saying:
>best price/performance in terms of how much car you're getting for the money.
"How much car you're getting" is not performance. Performance is performance. Not your retarded subjective idea of "how much of a car" someone gets.

Really I am correcting you because you clearly have no idea what performance per dollar is.

>A $20k Civic would still be an awful daily driver.
Daily drivability is not a performance category retard.

>A $20k 335i will kill GTRs
Arbitrary metric.

>while being a good daily driver with decent looks.
good looks and drivability are are completely subjective metrics that have nothing to do with performance.

>Learned a lesson now, tard?
Only thing I have learned is that despite you literally posting a link to define what performance per dollar is. You STILL have no idea what it means.

>A $20k 335i will kill GTRs
Citation fucking needed.

And no, some grainy video of some retards mashing a gas pedal on the freeway is not evidence of anything.

>that redline
It's a joke, right?

E28>E46

BMW has to cut redlines of all new vehicles by about 1700rpm to prevent the engine from dismantling itself.

It's a precautionary measure to make up for the poor engineering and quality of BMW vehicles.

re-read what I initially posted.
>a 335i is the best price/performance car for $15-20k you can buy right now.
You started talking about HP per dollar or some shit.
You are retarded.
Fact.

>You started talking about HP per dollar or some shit.
No you did with this post:
>Lmao a $15k 335i with a tune will already make reliable 350-380 hp

>You started talking about HP per dollar or some shit.
hp:dollar is far closer to a performance per dollar metric than "good looks" or "daily drivability"

You are making a performance per dollar argument for a car and using the fact that YOU THINK it looks good as a supporting point to that argument. You are the one who is verifiably retarded.

>Diesel

So it's a joke.

>re-read what I initially posted.
>>a 335i is the best price/performance car for $15-20k you can buy right now.

I re read it.

It's just as stupid now as it was when you first said it.

No BMW has ever been a performance bargain. New or used.
Especially when you take into account their utter shit reliability and durability.

You are trying to convince us that a tuned Civic would be the better looking car.
Subjective or not the Civic is not even designed to be pleasing to the eye
Straw man arguments.

*135i

>You are trying to convince us that a tuned Civic would be the better looking car.
I never said anythign about looks. You did.
I provided cars which are a better price:performance bargain than your retarded unreliable BMW fangirl car because you erroneously claimed that it was the best price:performance car in a given price range.

>Subjective or not the Civic is not even designed to be pleasing to the eye
how good you think a car looks has nothing to do with that car being a good price:performance car.

Looks=/= performance you massive unwaivering retard.

>Straw man arguments.
Don't use terms you don't understand. It just makes you look even more retarded.

You can order the sports package, which includes M badges out the ass for every bimmer. Even the 2.0 4zyl's. BMW is a joke on its own, compared with it's former glory.

Well, anything that doesn't have a 6 cylinder from BMW is technically not a real BMW. But sure, anything under M series is not a real BMW can also be true because when people hear BMW, they think of a sport and beefy car; the M-Series vehicles.

Having driven the 428i, 435i, and the BMW M4, I can tell you that the 428i is for losers, 435i for comfy owners, and M4 for fun.

>E39 M5
>not a real BMW

It's one of the last of the 'real' BMW's champ.

Only reason I can think of is if you want an E92 335i.
But I hear it's got a fucking weird throttle-by-wire, I don't know if that can be fixed with tuning.

>throttle-by-wire
Uh user, where have you been for the last 2 decades?

In my 90's camaro that has a proper throttle cable
What I mean is that the pedal-throttle connection isn't linear, you have to really get into it to actually make the engine rev

>yfw even cable actuated throttles are no linear

Every manufacturer has and had their own pedal:throttle ratio even in the cable throttle era.

Only now that ratio is digital and based on throttle maps within the ECU instead of being controlled by the cable cam on the throttle body.

Oh wow same
armmotorsports.com/Articles.asp?ID=255

lmfao 10/10

So my E32 and E38 750's aren't real BMWs

>any m sport is a real bmw

not a real bmw

>not a real BMW

Yeah any tune worth a shit will fix the pedal, reliability aside (if youre good with a wrench you can make it your daily) the only problem with the 335i is the open diff

M is for meme right

>muh hp/dollar is the best driving experience
T. Literally every american.

>Also not a real BMW

i drive 1999 e46 323ci, 50/50 weight distribution car always feels sp/o/rty in corners no matter the engine. i used to be neutral to bmw brand but now i get the "ultimate driving machine" meme.
also get manual.

>Well, anything that doesn't have a 6 cylinder from BMW is technically not a real BMW.
E30 M3 blown the fuck out.

>seeking external validation this hard

Imagine being this insecure

I owned a 428i for a little while and it was easily the shittiest car ever for the price.

Currently have a gti from 2008 that destroys any bmw under the m series. So yes op...if you're gonna get a bmw that isn't an M...don't.

This. I fucking hate BMW but goddamn do I want a 135i.

>GTI
Lol my 2006 335d wipes the floor with your 4 banger both on the Autobahn and Nordschleife.
Hell even my girlfriends 2001 E46 330ci would give your Golf a run for its money

So you're a faggot for not one, but two reasons?

If you spent money to get an M performance car over the actual M car then you are a cuck desu

>guy claims BMW is performance per dollar pick
>point out that he's wrong
>retard (You) comes in a day later and buttmad europoor shitposts about something he doesnt even udnerstand.

The BMW fangirl is the one who brought up performance per dollar retard. No one said anything about some subjective unquatifiable "driving experience" bullshit except you because you dont even understand what the discussion was about.

Learn to read and stop being so butthurt about the superiority of americans that you have to resort to mentioning us in every post for no reason.

>Is a non M series bmw even a real bmw?
Yes. But your mate's shitty Ameriburger-spec E36 M3 isn't even a real E36 M3. Also;

>buying a pre-owned new 3 Series
Just get an E92 335i.

Lmao my 335i will shitstomp anything the same price besides supersport bikes and junkyard 5.0s and f bodys

what have you got done to it? all the ones i see at the track run high 12s and they all have the same story. anything faster requires bigger turbos and the tunes for them are shoddy and not good for a daily.

it's as real as it can get

No, the topic was about price/performance not HP per dollar inbred amerifat.

Funny then that it was the retarded BMW fag that brought up hp per dollar as justification for his retarded assertion about the performance per dollar prospects of the BMW he was shilling.

Right before he started citing how the car looks and is daily driveability as arguments for it's performance per dollar merit.

learn to read, you'll look a lost less stupid when you reply saying stupid shit.

e46 m3 is the cutoff for me

S U P R E M E

>My uncle's friend is selling a 3 series for 15 K but my buddy (who has car in pic related) told me that anything but an M series is not a real bmw.

Your buddy sounds like a massively insecure faggot, but that said, any tuned non-M BMW for the most part.

>pic related
>my fucking sides

M cars are good but the E46 M3, especially the cabriolet are driven by either:

- fat try hard balding middle aged men who can just about afford a 200,000 mile example and wont shut up about non //M pesants

- pakis

E34 M5 3.8 was the best M car, fight me.

should I as first car?
merrjep.al/Njoftimi/Shitet/Fier/AUTOMJETE/Makina/BMW/Seri-3/320/BMW-320D/3836328

This is actually a good analogy.