/qcg/ - Quake Champions General

Beta invite edition

Gameplay:
youtube.com/watch?v=lLEUD0WnTzs

Site:
quake.bethesda.net/en

Anyone who got in here?

Other urls found in this thread:

timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20170406T10&p0=179&msg=Quake Champions Beta&font=slab&csz=1
steamcommunity.com/id/madomaster
steamcommunity.com/id/sebbern
steamcommunity.com/id/doom123123123123
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm in boys
>IMPORTANT: Participation in the beta is subject to the confidentiality provisions of the Beta Agreement. Please do not stream, capture video, or discuss your experience with the game outside the Official Beta Forums.

Didn't get in. They really hyped this up to be something way bigger than a mere technical test.

Really? I imagine that if they did that they'd not have the confidentiality provisions.

Lots of people were surprised by the NDA.

I dont get the point, what is gonna stop people from posting screens, upload on jewtube/streaming?

Also, I redeemed my code, but it's not available in my Bethesda Launcher yet. I guess you can't pre(down)load it?

you need to press on "all games" at the right bottom and then press on Quake Champions.

This launcher is the most beta of beta launchers, absolute horse shit.

Thanks, game downloaded.

waiting for people to drop beta codes

3 hours to beta starts!

40 minutes left.

XWH7-1N9A-F53M-9WDN-O96V

code is invalid

timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20170406T10&p0=179&msg=Quake Champions Beta&font=slab&csz=1

Been Quaking for years and have over a thousand hours in different titles combined. Signed up for the Beta on the first day and didn't get in. Even though my friends who have never Quake before did. Feels badman :(((

It's your own fault for being stupid enough to only use 1 e-mail.

Yeah...

I used 20 emails, didn't get in.

>signed up with only one email 4 hours before keys were sent out
>got in
eat shit

Mfw I have 8 beta keys

Then be a flower and share with us... or cash out on that shit.

give ém you filthy animal

Absolutely Erik. Also, changing settings where

> Not waiting until you get in game

top right at the menu

>they gave out way more beta keys than their servers are capable of handling
>your place in line: 379

Aight you lucky fuckers. Give us something to fap to after you've played a couple of matches

faghskjdglkajerhlkjrewhqwj

let me innnnnnnnnn i0 need to frag

we need quake memes

HUUNH

>Get to position 25 in queue
>THIS SERVICE IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE, PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER

HOW DO YOU GET TO THIS SCREEN

>place in line jumped from 238 to 37

>ClientError
My, my, gotta love the game.

What did they mean by this?

rip

>client error

so close yet so far

>triple A developer
>queue in a beta
>wait like an asshole
>ClientError

Bravo, Bethesda!

>artificial scarcity of beta codes to create hype
>extremely long load times
>after that have a queue
>all just to blue ball people with a technical oversight

I guess it was a good idea that this is under a closed NDA

well until then

>A beta for a game launches
>Retards can't wait to get in
>After flooding the servers, there's a technical difficulty, because it's exactly why the beta's launched anyway
>"Gee, [game company], you're the worst, this game is garbage!"
Every time.

>ClitentError
>restart game
>black screen
> try and alt tab out
>mouse disappears
>open task manager and navigate with keyboard
>can't end task
>have to restart PC

I just wanna frag, that's all

Overwatch had several 'betas' that went off without a hitch. It's not too much to expect from a AAA developer with gobs of money, especially when this isn't even a beta anyway, it's a fucking PR demo

Yeah, goddamn those fuckers, can't they just wait a little bit? Oh, and by the way, while you're in line, how about this new Fallout™ franchise installment? It got great reviews by different critics!!!

to be fair, they aren't going to show anyone footage of the game from common users. It is to get some people to care more, but at the same time it's legitimately meant to find find problems like these

so that if they fuck up, no one will see it. Try it out on a small amount of users where no else can see so that they can find errors

I checked on reddit[/spoire] and some people had luck by closing the game and going through the queue again

It's weird that you have to login to a bethesda launcher with your bethesda account, but then the game makes you login a second time. I'm logged in on my launcher, why does it make me login again?

I just want to shoot people in the face. People don't die when you shoot them anymore in newer shooters. I just want to send a rocket into someone's face and turn them into chunky tomato soup

Same old shit and some characters like that fat robot has big hitbox plus it moves super slowly but it has shitty shield ability that leaves it vulnerable for 3 seconds just dont ever play it.

>complaining about huge hitboxes and huge ass robots in a quake game

>try this twice
>game refuses to load past blackscreen
This is suffering

Amen to that.
There's a nice feeling associated with landing that perfect rocket on some poor soul and turning them into chunks - more so when it's a midair one. I still play TF2 a bit, and getting a kill feels a lot more satisfying than in other games, that much I can say.

Meant to reply to

>get key
>have to download the bethesda launcher
>ugh.jpg
>get it
>download is 8 gb
>internet isnt too fast
>leave it downloading overnight
>wake up
>download error
>must download from start again

hopefully the game will be fixed by the time you finish downloading

Bethesda are geniuses when it comes to that. Same thing happened to a friend when he got TESO. Hasn't even played it yet.

so whoever got in, how is it?

i dont like seeing blood around the screen when youre low, is there a way to disable that?

and also the scoreboard popping up in your face everytime you frag looks extremely annoying

and how is the voice acting

nothing has changed. characters just add extra skills to use otherwise its same shit you been fragging a decade

I'm just going to give up the last bit of self-respect I have left and beg for a beta key. If anyone has an extra then P L S

[email protected]

you got anything on steam

Bunch of cards and TF2 items. Probably all junk.

>connected as soon as the servers came up
>played 5 FFAs, won 4
>game freezes for like two minutes while joining 6th FFA
>get thrown back to login screen
>Client Error
FUCK

I'm someone else, but I got quite a few items on Steam, tell me your nickname and I'll add you.

steamcommunity.com/id/madomaster

does anyone know why the rockets look different from the gameplay and the other trailers?

personally i dont want yellow bright stars flying from all directions and slowing my already toaster-tier pc to a halt

they should add the option to enable them though

im more interested in how much customizability the game has
huds/sounds/voices/etc

How do I get rid of these without them going to bots. I used one and gave 6 to friends so I still have plenty remaining.

take a screenshot and post here

you serious?

I mean, add me on Steam and give it if you want: steamcommunity.com/id/sebbern

>tfw got beta today and still havent managed to play a single game

I'm giving some away to friends if you need help. I've got a key myself but im trying to get all my buds to play

>tfw no key
>tfw not at home
>probably wont even get to play the open beta either

aaaaaaaaaagshjgbrhwowbfoepjahahahhagagahduucicj

hhhhhshhshshshahagfafayiebr

Well if you want to give away a key i'll gladly accept it:
[email protected]

>can't buy champions with in game money
Fucking dropped

Don't worry goy, you can rent them for 24 hours.

Oh, what's that? The servers have been dead for the last 4 hours? Too bad.

The daily challenges are easy as fuck and you get enough for a champion for a day from doing like 1 + playing 1 game.

I already have more than 20k in-game credits.

AW MAN THIS IS GREAT

Can give a tf2 key (2.44 euro) for quake key

Add me: steamcommunity.com/id/doom123123123123

WHERE IS MY KEY TIM WILLTS YOU COCAIN ADDICT BALD BASTARD

>in queue for 30 minutes
>get to end of queue
>"client error"
>logged out

wow that sure was a good use of time

I tried earlier and the game almost fried my GPU, but CPU wise it was fine (around 40%).

I forced Vsync through Nvidia settings, and when I launch it, my GPU is fine, but my CPU is now at 100%.

I don't get it.

Yeah, you get a bunch of those points, so it's no big deal really. I also got what seems to be a permanent champion unlock on my first chest.

Had the exact same thing happen to me. Woke up, told me there was a problem connecting to the server, OOPS HERE'S ANOTHER 8GB FUCKER AND YOU HAVE TO START FROM ZERO BECAUSE WE DON'T KNOW WHAT INCREMENTAL PATCHING/DOWNLOADING IS. My connection is poverty-tier so maybe it'll be done by the time the fucking TEST IS OVER.

Is this game going to have some form of skill matchmaking? I don't feel like playing with 9 other fatalities on day 1.

So when are they adding more waifus? Slash is ruined and Nyx is shit, I want Crash or Hunter or Mynx.

help. i seem to have shit load times everywhere

I've sat through four 1500+ queues just to get a client error each time. Cool.

One of the devs told me they're using glicko for the matchmaking that is happening in the beta.

Never heard of glicko but I'll look it up. I know I suck but my first 2 matches have been absolute blow ups.

Anyone here play reflex/cpma?

>still no Diabotical
>settling for Quake with abilities

I'll take it, but I don't like it

what is the general consensus so far?

I can't see them shipping this game with an upfront cost, seems to be very heavily weighted in the f2p category (rent with player earned currency, pay real money for infinite unlock)

I was a bit saddened to see you cant unlock champs with 'free' currency - only paid currency.

I don't need to mention the login issues, that was a given.

The game felt different, but also the same. Need to play some more to get used to the movement.

Some models are obvious placeholders - I REALLY hope that announcer is placeholder because its atrocious.

Overall I'm pleasantly surprised by the game, I thought they might go FULL MOBA but they haven't, at least, not yet.

It is still destroying my PC to try and run it.

Earlier it was my GPU that was capped at 100%, I forced Vsync through nvidia command panel, and now it's the CPU that's being overused, despite the fact it was only being used at around 40% last time.

I have no idea what's going on.

so 'free' currency is only for skins and such or?

The currency you generate from playing the game will allow you to "rent"a champion for 1 day, and you can buy the lowest tier 'loot box'.

From what I can tell right now there is no way to buy a champion with earned-currency.

Am I the only one who really needs auto switch weapons enabled? It's almost like they learned nothing from Quake Live's pages of pages of quality of life features.

I was missing it as well,

really something you oughta try to avoid in duel tho, if the switch on empy still makes sounds in QC

>wait through queue for the 7th time
>finally get in
>OH SHIT
>set some keys, mess with sens
>get in a match
>play for 2 minutes
>game freezes
>game crashes