/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

SPOILERS ONGOING AVOID THREAD IF NOT WANT

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah Lore (DEEPEST)The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

Previous:

Previous thread.

Where does Breath Of The Wild fit in the Zelda timeline? Is it really post Twilight Princess?

>Where does Breath Of The Wild fit in the Zelda timeline?
It doesn't. This question is missing the forest for the trees.
10000 years may as well say "we're making our own timelines, with blackjack, and hookers."

Nfc cards came in earlier yesterday, what should I do with the last 4?

At the end somewhere is all I'm daring to say.

Smash Link

Smash Link is TP Link, my bad
Kinda wanna avoid the unreleased ones, since I want the actual amiibos when they come out

10000 years means a reboot. The other games are the legends of past that got their details lost and are now only stories.

Somewhere after Ocarina of Time that's for sure.

bokoblin

isn't that one literally useless after the first few hours

yeah
write it to the nfc card

post more screenshots!

my friend is being unbelievably salty at the final battle, stating that link might've not showed up at all if zelda was going to kill ganon anyway
how do I checkmate him into oblivion?

Sheik for when you need a turban in the desert
Wolf Link if you don't have it for a buddy.

Zelda only had enough power for the final seal/blast. Link had to be there to do the grunt work of actually putting Ganon in a vulnerable position

he isnt listening to that at all lmao

Didn't Zelda say that herself tho? The true ending even has Zelda saying she thinks she has almost lost all of her powers.

Downfall after Zelda 2. Not long after AoL, the Sheikah triggered convergence and that popped in the contradicting landmarks and references. It's part of the technology rush they had prior to BotW. They somehow succeeded with sealing Ganon, which is why it took 10000 years for him to come back.

something about going mad because she was locked up with ganon for a 100 years made her want to killsteal

If she could kill Ganon, she would have done it instead of getting locked up for 100 years waiting for Link.

>killsteal
Your friend is a MOBA kid and probably won't listen to reason.

You forget bomb arrows are a Gerudo thing. Any kind of closing of the Gerudo Canyon would be blown up and the Gerudo army would come streaming through the hole

I wonder if the Chief's consort also has to live outside the city

If Zelda can gather the funds to pay for them Hyrule has the arms advantage due to Robbie's Sheikah Ancient Tech. Of course she's also need people to wear them. It's a huge obstacle to overcome

The Gerudo though already have a well trained and armed standing army. If Riju commissions accessories for them all they'll be even tougher and with such a huge influx of money and gems Starlight Memories might make even more potent accessories like Attack up, Stealth and Climbing Speed

i don't think Gerudo were subjects of the Hylian Monarchy but rather an allied nation and significant trading partner.

What do the Gerudo gain from bending a knee that they don’t get by signing some trade agreements and allowing free movement of people (only female people if you’re coming to town)

>Zelda Amiibo doesn't give you Zelda outfit to crossdress
IT'S NOT FAIR

Really if they're going to print a TP Link that's just going to do the same stuff as Smash Link they should print a TP Zelda too.
Zelda with rapier is best kind of Zelda

The Spice Must Flow

some of these are really nice

>Zelda moves to attack Gerudo lands
>Riju busts out the thumpers

Just made me imagine Gerudo riding Molduga and I love it

I don't think Gerudo and Hylians would ever go to war since they have a symbiotic relationship. Hyrule provides men and people to buy your wares and Gerudo provides the latest fashions, accessories, a fierce fighting force plus they aren't competing for resources with Hyians since they stay in an area most find inhospitable

Gerudo is part of Hyrule
Gerudo are a tribe that live in Hyrule

It makes references to all timelines, so it's likely just another dream game like Link's Awakening or Phantom Hourglass.

Did you kill the dragons yet, user?

Is there a disguised Yiga which asks this?

too scared to go near them

I see Hyrule as a union rather than a country. Goron, Gerudo, Rito and Zora territory might as well be other country's due to how specailised their physiolgy, culture and suchlike is to the region and how Hylians need to be very well equipped to stay there or even visit. The Hylian royal family IMO imposed/negotiated some kind of EU style freedom of movement, goods and resources and it's been in place so long that the line between them has faded so they're all just Hyrule now

MM amiibo for that sweet ass barbarian armor reskin

Their powers are devolved, that's about it.

What makes you think so?
Of course I'm not a Yiga, and we never lie to anyone anyway.

Hyrule Historia was a mistake.

You're making custom cards too, eh? I'm expecting my chips in the mail pretty soon myself. I'm gonna Photoshop up some nice artwork for them, print them off on cardstock and go to town. Gonna be great. I was actually going to get started on those designs pretty soon. If you know Photoshop I could send you the template if you want.

How the fuck do the fish work, Is Sidon just fucking massive and dwarfs everyone or is it that members of the royal family all become huge and Mipha didn't because she died. Or is he huge because he's a shark and bloodlines have nothing to do with it but if so why is the Zora King always fat then

Oh, cool. How do you do this?

If you go by OOT, then the Gerudo, Zora, and Gorons are individual kingdoms that have made treaties to Hyrule. In the time of OOT, the kingdom had just concluded a unification war, and that war's end involved the sacred pendants being given to the Zora, the Gorons, and the Great Deku Tree. Those pendants of course are used to access the room with the master sword, and thus gain access to the triforce in the sacred realm. Within the game, Ganondorf has gone to Hyrule to swear fidelity to the king. Even though Ganondorf is just scheming, his action there can be used as a model of what the other kingdoms may have done, which is basically to be an individual kingdom that has sword to be loyal to Hyrule in some way.

I personally think Mipha didn't get huge because she wasn't to be king. I think the zora follow a patriarchal royal bloodline, in which only the king grows to be fuckhuge.

If you're tired of losing all your gems to bomb physics, what's an ore breaking weapon with the most efficient durability?

Xbox huge is the natural state of all male Zora, but only the King manages to sit on the throne and actually reach said state by doing nothing all day, the rest of them swim off the fat.

In medieval times, states can become vassals to other states.

just use those weapons that take one swing per deposit and the sword of grasses bane

Master Sword

Hey guys, go light all of the candelabras in Zelda's bedroom and mew will appear

MS, but stuff designed for mining such as drill spears and sledge hammers give you better gems.

She just died too young. You can walk around and see all the adult females are much bigger than Link. Royalty gets even bigger than them.

one day sidon will become supersize too

I used the Boulder Breaker all game after I got it.

Feels like a horrible fate for the weapon in hindsight, but I was too afraid to break it in actual combat.

Use Goro weapons for ores. The spear especially

I couldn't tell you about durability though

do they really give you better gems

▲ ▲

>do they really give you better gems
Maybe it was more, I dunno.

>Zora grow to fit their container.
>Most citizens are the same size because they all sleep in the same communal bath downstairs.
>King and his kids have a larger pool upstairs and have grown larger as a result.
Are the Zora basically goldfish?

>ywn have a 12" tall fish wife

Why even live at this point

where can i find a wolf link amiibo in Canada?
preferably less than 30 Canadian dollars shipped.
preferably retail.

if not where can i get my hand on roll of 10x, 20x 50x or 100x NTAG215's for as little as a few dollars per tag shipped (to Canada)?

They packaged it individually, and I've seen it in your big places like Best Buy and toysaurus.
Try those

better luck next time ganondorf

>attain my 5th stamina wheel boost
>think I can finally make it to that island to the south east for some island adventures and maybe meet a nice and sweet gerudo woman who is also stranded
>maybe a nice redheaded hylian
>but no
faggot ass monks

The things the island has taught me so far:
Ball bomb and Square bomb do not share a cooldown.

There's a few shrines that you have to use both at once to solve, so that is a good lesson.

I'm annoyed that Flavi doesn't change her dialogue after you reach the island and return. Even Rotana at least changes slightly after you've been there done that

If it makes you feel any better, there is a Gerudo woman that says she wants to go to the island, but she doesn't know how to get there. She's quite attractive and adventurous.
You cannot help her in any way.

Tropical Gerudo needs a grass skirt and questionable top made of durian husks.

Lesson number 2 on the island:
Bad RNG can happen to enemies as well
>moboklin and bokoblins south east of the island
>have 4 lightning arrows, a dragonbone bow, some sticks and bananas
>dunno how im going to do this
>lightning smites the fuck out of the big guy
>go in swinging high on bananas to finish them off

Gerudo attracted to Link:
>Laroba
>Spa Gerudo
>Rhondson (if her mother approved of delicate Voe)

I was expecting a lot more. Riju doesn't seem attracted to you at least in that way

Gerudo have a type, and it involves a bowl cut.

Gerudo seem to refuse to dress to suit their climate probably why there's no Gerudo in snowy regions since food, elixirs and ruby accessories don't cut it in certain cold biomes

The sex class dialog seems to suggest that they see fancy Gerudo clothing as a status symbol, and Isha's refusal to wear clothing when sleeping suggests that accessories are more than enough to make them happy in most weather.

Rhondson seems to have settled for Hudson or at least looked past her initial distaste after getting to know him as they were no other suitable men to compete with him

The Voe Perda gets with looks like your standard Hylian no bowlcut

the classroom dialogue suggests that one Gerudo judges Voe on what they're wearing but the teacher advises her that appearances can be deceiving. Not quite the same thing

Also it's a relationship class not a sex class. I expect they have a sex class and a the GSC is a sex toy shop as well but that would've messed up the rating if it were inlcuded

Your reaction when the Gerudo woman in the GSC is wearing men's underwear, just for the giddy thrill of forbidden underpants?

Would you play a Zelda game depicting an all-out war between the various races?
Maybe where the leaders have been possessed by some evil force, and you have to defeat them to free them and bring peace to their people?

I generally play whatever is in the game when they eventually make it once a decade.

where did this suggestion come from? I've spoken to her loads of time and there's no implication she's anything more than a Gerudo who likes making Forbidden things

Screenshots, post your screenshots.

So Calamity Ganon existed 10,000 years ago, right? So he had already given up to malice back then.
I wonder if we'll get a game set around that time, where he turns into a ball of evil in the end.

More likely that she fucks the Gerudo who drums up business by calling to potential customers with a strap on she made herself

>So Calamity Ganon existed 10,000 years ago, right?
It was potentially a different Ganon? I'm not sure if we know or not.

>Ganon seems to have come back so many times that his hatred has taken a life of it's own.
>Everytime he comes back he creates a vessel for his spirit be that a Gerudo host or a mechanical creation as he was trying to build before Link barged in interrupting him
>last time he came he was utterly trounced because they were well prepared
>preparations were incomplete this time around so he won but was sealed

That's my theory

Dean't Impa say that C. Ganon has existed for the longest time? Also on the ancient tapestry he looks pretty similar to now.

You should turn your HUD off, dude. Immersion and all that. Makes for better screenshots too.

I WANT TO FUCK FI

Calamity Ganon could just be a handle used to refer to any reincarnation of the dark beast. Tapestry Ganon had considerably more form than he does as we see him.

I might just be talking out of my ass though.

War for Link's dick when

>doing the korok rock ring outside of the fishing village
>2 rocks in
>going for the third
>smartphone goes off letting me know there are hearty lizards in the area
>lose my shit
>track down like 10 lizards
>remember the rock ring
>it reset
>this is probably logged on some nintendo database that this was probably too hard for me and future games will have easier puzzles because of this
sorry folks

>Implying the crippled army of Hylians could deal with the 8 foot tall warrior women or sharkmen

if they have the Rupees and materials they'll access to all of Robbie's inventions. So by power of arms they can compete with the Gerudo so long as they can get enough volunteers and get them trained up to a suitable level

I don't see any of those things happening though as Zelda certainly doesn't have enough money due to there no longer being any taxation to outfit a fighting force in Ancient gear, house them, feed them and train them. Not to mention by the time enough ancient material has been collected the Gerudo will be on their doorstep

It depends on who the Gorons decide to support

Gorons and Gerudo seem to be tight considering they are the biggest purchaser of all the precious gems and materials the Goron mine and the Gerudo let Goron enter Gerudo Town freely

Imagine a wave of Gerudo mounted on Giant Horses with gem boosted equipment with Riju at the Helm commanding a lightning storm

So where does Link himself figure into all this

This one time i accidentally sat on my friends cock and after I sneezed blood came out and honestly that was less gay than your idea

trannies are protesting botw because the vai set is non-upgradable