/domg/ - Dominions General

Ignore the other thread edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-"""progress""" wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin (NEEDS UPDATING NERDS)
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B4FvijWNFs7UMmVkQ2JoSXk5YWs/view?usp=drive_web
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for aboleths are OP

Second for MAdman will never start

Third for URUK AND RUS WHEN

Wasnt admin of that dead?

If he's dead in real life that would indeed be a problem.

if it hasn't started by the end of today, Imma send llama an email asking for the admin pw

Ah, an admin coup or as I call it "Lukas situation"

It's funny how Ilwinter doesn't care. Put on the manual that they will do Uruk soon, make some 3 new other nations and ignore Uruk

Well, Ur is a bad and a weak nation is its hardly an issue. Unless they have an idea how to make it interesting there is no point.

We already have plenty of ..rus

we have 2. Same for Machaka. We still need LA Machaka

But I already like it.

How does the axe even reach? The attack shouldn't be able to connect due to the reach limitations.

>Unless they have an idea how to make it interesting there is no point.

erf snek
erf snek-aided expansion into ebdw
good econ means lots of shamans
use d2 swamp recruits as the base to springboard into end game tart factory with GoH from massive N income

ur gudder than u realiz :^)

Ur's core gimmicks are great fun. With some de-goofed sprites, MA technology and more historical references they would be a favorite of mine.

The fossilized giant squats down and duckwalks.

dubs chooses my incomprehensible circle natgen

Air Elementals a shit.

Can there only be one of each Tartarian at the time? I have cast Tartarian gate three times in a row now but no Tartarian.

Someone needs to make a 'take me closer I want to hit them with my sword' for fossilized giants

They are a NetGen unit from last year, they aren't in the game by default.

They're not unique. What you describe shouldn't happen.

Are you arware that they arrive as units, and not commanders?

I know but they've been a meme for as long as Natgen has been around

unaboon or what it's called
trampling pygmies fuckyeah

not necessarily*

I'd like to jump in on the last player slot if he ends up removed from the game, i was on the fence about joining for a while and ended up getting ninja'd.

don't stale desu sempai 3
C'tis 2h file received
Hinnom 2h file received
Kailasa 2h file received
Marverni 2h file received
Tir na n'Og Waiting for 2h file
Ulm Waiting for 2h file
Yomi 2h file received

reeeeeee

All in due time

What

Bamp.

What are the odds anyway?

not on my list try again
if that nation had N, trampling flyers could be something

bumpu

The size 2 trampling fish with swallow on trample.

I hesitated so much to pick them.

I am thinking of either:
-the nation that can get b4 (either the EB giant nation or the DWB lizard)
-the lizard nation that has acid on every mage
-the hoburg nation with D3 and rec any fort ranged sacreds
-the monkey SD nation that has bandar-logs spells
-the centaur/vanir dual wielding centaurids AB nation
-rec any fort sacred tramplers and D4

help, how do I chose?

just pick one nigga, its a goof game anyway. i picked the invulnerable flying hoburgs because of how goofy it was. i think the recruit anywhere ranged sacreds would be neato. do fire/air bless for funsies and free flaming arrows, maybe add in death for even more retarded arrows

And then cry when arrow fend makes them all worthless.

my little niggas got 6 protection and 7 health, theres always a down side. its not exactly a balanced game

How quickly does curse of stones shut down an army, anyways?

Very very slowly.

Its best to stack fatiguing spells, rigor mortis, curse etc

Hey guys. Life got hectic and I won't be able to take my turns regularly for at least a month. I'd like to get a sub.
Mictlan's position is good, currently at "war" with Yomi (the player went AI as soon as the war broke out). Can certainly compete for victory, which is why I would prefer not to set it AI.
I'll do my current turn in a few hours. Good luck to whoever's going to sub in, thanks and sorry to all other players.

Also: I'm Ashdod in MAdman and I asked the admin to be removed from the game last week. I'd appreciate if he could do that, otherwise Ashdod will be chainstaling starting turn 1.

My PC just died (screen keeps glotching and then everything becomes unresponsive). He served me for a good 6+ years, but it looks like it had enough. I'm going to need a 24 hour extension while I sort this out.

Sorry that I couldn't hear you out Ragha. I generally agree, but we can talk specifics tomorrow.

I'm also Niefelheim in FastTurns. You can either give me an extension or set me AI (I'm down to just my cap anyway).

rip

Illuminati got another

>You can either give me an extension or set me AI (I'm down to just my cap anyway).
Marverni was down to nothing at one point too, and Xibalba and Kailasa were both down to a few provinces themselves. I'll give you the extension.

I definitely would appreciate a sub for this too.

What happened to Remove Bats? Did everyone leave you to fight them alone?

Postponing 4th for the Greeks, who said they weren't going to return to the battlefield until the 8th due to gay orgies.

Typical greeks.

(^oo^)

>EA C'tis vs EA Kailasa

Cripple Fight!

are giants as lame as birds,bats and elves?

What? You extended 24h yesterday, so I only did half my turn. Also, I said I'm leaving on the 8th, but I'll be able to due turns

no.
they're worse.

Meant for

Told you it was a bad idea.

It depends on who you are doesnt it

How does damage for something like this spell work?

It says 10+ armor negating damage magic damage. It doesn't mention that MR resists it, so I'm assuming its just a straight 10+ damage something takes?

IE: this spammed would near guarantee a single giant thug would go down?

Yes. frozen heart is the #1 best way to counter thugs in my experience.

well, it does do cold damage so a cold resistant giant would take less damage from it.

Thanks. A game I'm playing with friends has devolved into me getting raided by kitted eagle kings every turn. I have a bunch of water 1 mages, but they cast mistform.

Will mistform reduce the damage for this down to 1?

The first casting, yes

Then mistform is gone and every subsequent cast deals full damage

are ice drakes the better drakes ?

What about BE?

I'm still a little perplexed as to how that is from the spells description. Mistform says it takes an exceptionally hard blow (25+ damage), a 1/100 chance, or damage from a magical weapon to be dispelled.

I'm assuming the frozen heart spell counts as the magical weapon, since it wont do more than 25 damage, and then from there it should be able to do full damage? IE: Mistform reduces the first hits damage to 1

I keep losing hard as giants, so no.

Longbows of accuracy are another easy way to pop mistform provided you have enough pd to do something with it once its pop'd

For something like this, it states magic resistance negates. Does that mean that a unit with 20MR will still get hit by ~95 fatigue damage?

It means a unit with 20MR has a really good chance of completely ignoring the effect

they are not-commander units.
use gift of reason on the non brain damaged one to turn them into mages.

It means when you cast it on that unit, you roll 10+2d6+pen bonuses+1 per two levels above the path requirement.

Then they roll 20+2d6

A roll of 6 on either of the dice is 5 plus another d6, infinitely exploding.

If the attack equals or exceeds the defence, they get the full affect, otherwise they ignore it entirely.

All rolls except Magic Duel work this way, to my knowledge.

>equals or exceeds
Isn't there one roll where the defender wins ties? Might MR actually.

Alright, was a bit confused by the manual. Only spells that have MR negates are effected by this roll, correct? IE: There are a host of spells that completely go through it

Don't die host

What good is pillaging ? is there such a thing as pillaging effectively ?
I'm wondering how to use my pillaging bonus...

Pillaging Bonus on a commander lets them use the 'raid' command. It's not very commonly useful

Only time Ive ever used it is when I knew for certain a prov would be taken back not next turn but the turn after. Kill off the pop, get some gold, increase unrest, then bounce out

pls remove nation 145 shizit from master the circle
It isnt as fun as i thought it would be even if raptors sailing on crocs is cute af

shit tits is removed

Causing unrest by pillaging / raiding can make Chaospower units stronger there.

Otherwise it's just a tool to fuck with that province mostly, when you don't have fort connection and won't get to keep it soon, so the player who takes it from you gets less out of it

It stacks with itself.

>Hello! The Dominions 4 game MAdman has just started, and your first turn file is attached.

>tfw its using worthyheroes 5.8

Yeah I'm not dead, and I don't know why it didn't automatically start as that option was on.
Anyway its going now so please enjoy the game etc.

do you have a link to the old version of worthy heroes its using?

>Also: I'm Ashdod in MAdman and I asked the admin to be removed from the game last week. I'd appreciate if he could do that, otherwise Ashdod will be chainstaling starting turn 1.

>Hello! The Dominions 4 game MAdman has just started, and your first turn file is attached.

>Ashdod Waiting for 2h file

Please tell me this is a new Ashdod

Being the clever guy I am, the latest version of WH includes a dm named WH 5.8 that includes the fixes. I did that so I could hotfix sprite links that popped up in version already in-use on Llama

hey, that is pretty clever.

By the way please be aware that the map download on llama is broken. If you are trying (and failing) to find the map:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B4FvijWNFs7UMmVkQ2JoSXk5YWs/view?usp=drive_web
enjoy.

You also need to rename the .tga file from leakingland.tga to leakinglandv31.tga just as a heads up.

But did you delete Ashdod?

You could just fix the .map file

So FrogAndToad - how's life for the Final Three?

Do you like BLOOD? Of course you do. Do you like AMERICA? You love America! We need a sub for Mictlan in a very strong position. The game isn't won by any means, but you are in the top 3 at the very least.

First Nations nation when?

To be fair there are only 3 real contenders left.