/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

ONE MORE HOUR GET HYPE EDITION!

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/ /wgg/

Previous thread: >Stellaris Resources
- Mod archive mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki 1 endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki 2 endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization Resources
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 play.freeciv.org
- /civ4xg/ steam group steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization VI
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba (embed) (embed)

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch
youtube.com/watch?v=ZRD-mr7AHyw
youtube.com/watch?v=uI9uYqlDejU
youtube.com/watch?v=sH1W0i5gl8I
youtube.com/watch?v=LMHVPPe2VAQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who's ready for disappointment?

twitch tv/paradoxinteractive

Link to the stream for those who are interested.

And the species you'll being sending to Utopia first is...?

Welcome to the Stellaris strip-club.

You get to pick ONE (1) species portrait, and you will get a private dance from the most attractive female (or male, if you're into that) from that race.

You cannot pick from the humanoid races

We cater to many kinds here. Which one you want?

Is the Plantoids DLC a must have?

Absolutely 100% it enhances the game so much!

No but their ships are the most aesthetically pleasing. This DLC is purely cosmetic.

Who /realniggahours/ here?

If by Utopia you mean sending the xenos to their perfect life in the ovens, humans

>rohirrimDAAN : blorg hive empire for the win
>Aexrael : I wonder if Blorg were given the extra tasty trait, so they can better attract new friends.

>DLC is still not up
whate the fuck

g-guys?

IT'S UP

Banks is out now, DLC will be out in a hour.

I HAVE PARADOX NOW FUCK RELEASE THE DLC FUUUUUUK

Banks is out. No Utopia yet.

NYYYYYAAAAAAARGGGGGGHHHHHH

Watch the stream or start up banks and figure out what you build is going to be when utopia hits.

Yeah but are those species even in the game without the DLC?

>mfw less than 45 minutes

No.

Lets hope my torrented version will auto update...

If not, who's gonna be a big man and upload?

>Stellaris and EUIV DLC at the same time
Fuck I don't know what to play

Is the mandate of heaven the new divine wind?

Ive got a mandate for a divine wind right here.

*unzips pants*

BRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPP

Anyone here playing steel division normandy?
It feels kinda shit so far

See

In preparation for Utopia, what Human faction should I create? Is there a pastebin with a template or anything? Are there mods with /civ4xg/ approved factions?
By that I mean Grossgermaniums, The Papacy, United States of Earth, Imperium Romanum, Imperium of Man, etc.

Terran Federation

There are going to be broader choices for customization once utopia releases so wait an hour. One tip for IoM, don´t be THAT faggot that picks millitarism/xenophobe and forgets about spiritualism

>Humans

>fly traps

> mfw planned to intentionally not buy Utopia and just playing a Banks game first so I can enjoy two changes to the metagame rather than one
> I could have smugly posted my starting race right now
> instead I'm stuck on the subway phoneposting
Fuck ypu, God

Go diplomatic, biological mastery. Try to be friends with everyone, get as many races as you possibly can into your planets as fast as you can. Open to everyone and everything.

Best way to test and see if
1. the biological path is worth a damn
2. if the internal diplomacy even matters if you flood yourself with alien races

I'm enjoying it, it's like wargame and RUSE put together.

Thank fuck that federations are actually somewhat useable now since they fixed the ago old bug where you couldn't have control over the fleet even as president

I wonder if these twos are automatically enemies.

should i pooplaris and get bored in 2 hours or poopopa unipoopalis 4 and get bored in 2 hours?

Space Prussia. An authoritarian powerful but small nation. Your goal is to build tall and expand your fleet at all cost. Then bully everyone in your federation.

Can I create a space Sweden?

You probably should only have negative traits then.

Yes there's a Refugees Welcome option.

> Stellaris has been out for 11 months
> people are STILL playing human builds
I mean come on, it's OK for the first playthrough and maybe a second one sometime if you wanna see both the Commonwealth and democrashit event trees, but eleven months?

>fanatic pacifist
>individualist
>nomad
>weak
>somthing gay and cucky

But of course
Now accept the refugees from the fast breeding spiritualists and change your government to a less haram one

you'd have to be a vassal to prove how progressive and tolerant you are

The update is out

>rezmar is going to upload eu4 stuff first

Your forgetting Fanatic Xenophile

youtube.com/watch?v=ZRD-mr7AHyw

I opened that video expecting preubens gloria ear rape. That was pretty gay.

>Playing anything other than humans

>Prethoryns can destroy ringworlds
Neat

>Inwards Perfection requires both Xenophobe AND Pacifist.
Damn it.

youtube.com/watch?v=uI9uYqlDejU
gotchu senpai

>Shitting on Dvorak

But how do you name everything when you are not playing human or connect with your empires' species? I don't have time to come up with a new language to name everything. Those generic names are shit and don't mean anything if you don't understand the language.

And name your federation The European Union. :^)

Raises the intriguing question of whether Sweden is Fanatic Pacifist, Xenophile... or Fanatic Xenophile, Pacifist?

Not even sure they can count as genetically weak, cos of we wuz vikangs n sheet.
The one trait I definately would give them is slow learners. Maybe slow breeders too, they do love getting outbred by Lil' Achmeds.

>there are """people""" who play as anything other than molluscoids

Obviously you need to mod the game to give you 4 ethic points so that you can both a fanatical pacifist and a fanatical xenophile

>But how do you name everything when you are not playing human or connect with your empires' species?
"Epsilon Eridani III"
"Ter Meku VI"
The rest I leave to the autonamer.

Go back to your ringworld you fedora tipping faggot, you're a fallen empire for a reason

>slow breeders

Its funny because its why there so cucked

just fanatic xenophile + pacifist is fine

Who /isaac arthur/ here?

You'll regret that when he awakens and shoves 100k+ fleets down your dickhole, faget

fuck. I'm lurking and listening to him now.

I wasn't gonna make any aliens into Livestock on my first run but you've convinced me otherwise.
Arthropoids > Molluscoids = Fungoids > Humans > Humanoids > Reptilians > Avians > Mammalians > Plantoids

His voice is weird

youtube.com/watch?v=sH1W0i5gl8I
Who here ready to deliver God´s message as empire of human fanatics?

Reminder that Mammalian women were made to be slaves to the Big Arthropoid cock

pussy ass monkey boys can't even compete

Turk pls go

birbs > why aren't you picking birbs?
take the emu looking ones and make your dudes infest other space nations and shit up their shit

Go away Turk

Based space turks

>Turk makes arthropoids look back again
Every time.
Get out Swede.

But the autonamer is shit and then the name of your home system wouldn't be in line with the grammar of the other names. I just like to name this with meaningfull names.

>Not playing as glorious pacifist spiritualist venarable trees and focus on making them become as old as possible.

>7 minutes

Real talk though. Why is there only one bagpipe song in existence? Every single time I hear bagpipes being played it always sounds the fucking same.

Torrent when?

youtube.com/watch?v=LMHVPPe2VAQ

I NEED IT
I NEED IT RIGHT FUCKING NOW
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

>Says the fucking pleb who's probably been invited to the galaxy

>Aspec gets a mention instream
Noice.
I play venerable plant slavers from time to time.
Most bagpipe songs are covers of other songs.

>>Aspec gets a mention instream
he's an ex paracuck employee

Playing some AOE2 again. It seems to be Imperial Age simulator. All the other ages are just building up, except maybe castle. But as soon as a castle goes up you need imp trebuchets to take it down. There's not even any reason for there to be military units in dark at all. Feudal is not much better, you really can't get a good raid in until 3/4ths past the tech tree even. I understand the town center is there to prevent early raiding but it's honestly too effective.
Most of the fighting takes place in Imperial. Honestly it's like this with most of the "age up" style games I've played. Including rise of nations. It's just spamming upgrades until you hit the endgame and then the fighting can actually begin.

Empire Earth seems much better balanced, with meaningful fights taking place all along the tech tree, maybe it's just because it's such a deep tree with so many ages. But I think the upgrades are probably paced better compared to the cost and effectiveness of units. You have viable means of overcoming defences even from the stone age. And a well placed early volcano can be just a devastating as a nuke.

>says the guy who doesn't even HAK HAK HAK

Just got a 69kb update

It's out now

ITS OUT!

None of you are cool enough to play as a plant!

THE TIME IS NOW!

How does one start a hive mind?

What ethics/traits/government/starting tech type should I go if I wanted to go Ancap paradise in space? Naturally I can't use hyperlanes since roads are expressly verboten.

FUCKING BUY IT AND UPLOAD IT FOR THE REST OF US

TOOOOOOORRRRREEEEEEEENTT WHEEENNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!