/hg/ - Halo General

Disappointment Edition

>The Kinsano DLC pack for Halo Wars 2 is now available for purchase or for free download to those with the season pass
- A new leader, Morgan Kinsano, armed with her own unique units and playstyle
- New Blitz Card Decks exclusive to Kinsano
- 3 achievements worth 30 Gamerscore

>Important Halo Links, Notes etc. (WIP)
pastebin.com/DpwtNzmu (embed) (embed)

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/burn-baby-burn

>Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

>PC Section
coming soon™

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pTi7LrXxbOI
youtube.com/watch?v=RE2hNrq1Zxs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Scorpio for suckers

Scorpio is gonna be a computer, just you wait

The moment of truth has arrived

Ded

>this meme machine is supposed to be pushing 4K

wew desu lads

Those specs can easily hit 4k.
They're a night and day difference from the PS4 "pro"

Holy shit they actually delivered.

They've already got Forza 6 doing 4K/60fps on a prototype so I wouldn't doubt it

>still worse than my 4 year old computer

>still using Jaguar

I HURT MYSELF TODAY

It's a custom chip to keep the price down

I bet the system will be ~$450

Not like Forza is that taxing

Damn, i see a lot of numbers but i don't know what they mean!

>Damn, i see a lot of numbers but i don't know what they mean!

Allow me.
Ahem...

>The raw specs
They're impressive for a console. Anyone expecting native 4K on the newest games is going to be disappointed, but they're certainly going to be able to come closer than anything else on the console market. In short, it kicks the crap out of the PS4 Pro, but not high tier Gaming rigs.

>The Architecture
This was very interesting. Most analysts predicted the Scorpio would essentially be an optimized PC, but Microsoft has instead gone in the opposite direction. They're moving back towards the x86 core structure and away from raw Jaguar chips. This means any game that comes out for X1 will be specifically optimized to use its hardware, the devs won't just be able to port an existing PS4 Pro game over to it. I'm assuming the idea behind this is to ensure the highest possible fidelity and experience the Scorpio can provide.

>Backwards Compatibility
With the Xbone, Microsoft took the easy approach. Instead of getting 360 games to run on the Xbone naturally, they instead built a 360 emulator and had the Xbone run it, which while by default better than the PS4 having no backwards compatibility at all, still resulted in some shaky performances. However this time they have really gone out of their way to take the more expensive and time consuming approach. They have individually optimized every single Xbox One game to run on Scorpio with improved visuals and frame rate consistancy. This feature will be made available to every single Xbone game when scorpio launches.

Continued...

>Backwards Compatibility Continued
This backwards compatibility deal is further extended to Xbox 360 games. If they're in the backwards compatibility program, they will run on Scorpio with improved visuals. What do I mean by improved viduals? I mean no screen tearing, unwavering frame rate, upscaled textures. This again has all been done on an individual basis. Now, this does not mean 360 games are going to start running at 1080p, 4k, or go above their natural frame rate cap, but the Scorpio would allow for this via an update by the devs of the game in question.

>Dynamic Resolution
This shit is gone. Games like Halo 5 and Gears 4 that have resolutions that dip as low as 820p in order to preserve 60fps will now run naturally at all times in their highest supported frame rate.

>Upload Studio
Full customizable movie making and clip editing will be made available to all users. This includes everything from effect editing to clip combining and extending.

TL;DR there's a lot to be happy about here if you were looking forward to this. Having a console that has backwards compatibility going back 2 generations is especially appreciated in an age where all competitors have dropped that feature. Add in the fact that the Scorpio actually improves those games and it's a real impressive feat.
I don't think I would recommend this to someone that already has a PS4 Pro, because while it's technologically superior (in fact, this could be the largest gap in conole performance since gen 6) it's not like it's worth paying another few hundred dollars to play the same games even if they look and play better. But if you don't have a pro, I'd suggest looking at this before making your decision.

>Dynamic Resolution is gone
Halo 5 is about to go from the ugliest Halo game to one of the most beautiful

What about people like me who don't care or plan to buy a 4k TV? Will the Scorpio be worth it on a normal 1080p screen?

come join the superior /hg/ thread

It will be better than a PS4.

its 21% faster than a pro its not worth it for having to be on a microsoft ecosystem with no exclusives

Yeah i know but i currently have a fat/launch Xbone and i'm asking if it would be worth it jumping to scorpio.

The Architecture is built up to be more of its own thing than just a super up Xbone.
This will allow a sizable performance gap.

Depends on the price. I'd recommend maybe selling your bone.

>They have individually optimized every single Xbox One game to run on Scorpio with improved visuals and frame rate consistancy. This feature will be made available to every single Xbone game when scorpio launches.

what the fuck are you talking about? its not "backwards compatable " with an xbox one. it IS an xbox one

its exactly as backwards comparable as a ps4 pro is to a ps4 you cretin

ITS NOT A NEW CONSOLE

Got a computer?

Ok which one of you fuckers did this? We're the quietest and most peaceful general on Veeky Forums, so the only way someone could expose us like this is if he's one of our own.

no point in a performance gap when youre playing 30 fps locked ps4 ports memelord

youtube.com/watch?v=pTi7LrXxbOI
thread theme

>Depends on the price. I'd recommend maybe selling your bone
Yeah that sounds alright, keeping a 360 still makes sense but selling the old Xbone is a no-brainer right?

Nope.

>no point in a performance gap when youre playing 30 fps locked ps4 ports memelord
Please actually watch some digital Foundry videos or read at least. They can't simply port PS4 games over. It's a specially optimized console.l that requires every individual game to be optimized.

Yeah because the 360 still has some games not on the bone plus system link potential.
The Scorpio can do everything the bone can do but better.

>port a game over
>spend 5 minutes optimizing it so it runs the same as on PS4

>It's a specially optimized console.l that requires every individual game to be optimized.

>it runs only xbone games
>it has none of its own only on scorpio games

its a fucking xbone pro and 2 years too late you twat

Then still no

now would be a good time to get the cheaper and objectively better ps4 pro and use teh extra money to buy the exclusives you dont have

>buy an xbone and get fucked over
>sell it to buy a bigger fuck over

xdrones never learn

Scorpio is genuinely impressive and I have a feeling its going to blow people away when the price is much lower than anyone was expecting. My money is on $399, Microsoft is desperate to regain footing and have a history of throwing away money to do so. $499 at the absolute maximum, no more.

It's a HEAVILY customized console, people should really watch Digital Foundrys video it has some groundbreaking engineering and even the digital foundry host says you really can't compare the raw power output of the Scorpio to the specs on the sheet because of this. They fucking incorporated DIRECTX12 into the fucking hardware, this is an instant boost of an extra 50% to games which are developed with DIRECTX12 as it takes the load off of the GPU. Halo 5, Gears 4, Forza 6, Horizon 3, BF1 and Star Wars Battlefront were all listed as exampled. This is just from the DIRECTX12 chip, by the way. The Scorpio is going to be a monster

My faith in Phil was dwindling but this is really the new start of Xbox, he is finally getting settled. Exclusives take a long fucking time so we now only really have to wait for announcements and what he has really been up to.

>than anyone was expecting. My money is on $399,

thats fucking DOUBLE a ps4 pro with games are you fucking insane!?

Watch DigitalFoundry before you guys make assumptions, they've ripped on Microsoft for years for their hardware
youtube.com/watch?v=RE2hNrq1Zxs

>its a fucking xbone pro
Is this really news for you? They said that since they announced it.

they said it will reach for closer to 30fps on scorpio on existing games

i believe them and i laughed

A lot of games have a 30fps cap, so they can't go higher unless a developer specifically releases an update so they can do so. A lot of these games will have stable locked 4k 30fps unless updated

Watch out guys, we got sony shills infiltrating our beautiful /hg/ at this very moment. Remember to use our official memes to identify us.

ps4 has that now

>get flown to see the hardware
>probably get treated to nice dinners
>probably also getting paid to do this video
Yeah, I'm suprised they are not ripping on Microsoft

Keep grasping at straws little man. You probably haven't even watched either of their videos.

You are the one grasping at straws. Why don't you go hug your kinect and tell Microsoft how much you love them

>Implying I've ever owned a Kinect

>implying it's not watching you fap right now

10/10, would buy PG kit

Someone took a survey on the helmets in Halo 5. Simple "Approve or not" metric.

Notice anything about the results?

>Notice anything about the results?
All the Halo 5 helmets look like shit?

Seeker got votes when it shouldn't have?

It's the perfect meme helmet

>tfw finally going to be able to get the full 30 FPS experience with Reach thanks to the Scorpio™

>If they're in the backwards compatibility program, they will run on Scorpio with improved visuals.

And yet we'll never have Reach in 60 fps and without that pig disgusting blur.

ayy lmao

>More replies
>More IPs
>Better discussion
Join the superior thread

Halo 6 when

"No"

>Venator at 51%

Hooray my taste is completely average!