/hg/ - Halo General

Scorpio Specs Edition

>The Kinsano DLC pack for Halo Wars 2 is now available for purchase or for free download to those with the season pass
- A new leader, Morgan Kinsano, armed with her own unique units and playstyle
- New Blitz Card Decks exclusive to Kinsano
- 3 achievements worth 30 Gamerscore

>Important Halo Links, Notes etc. (WIP)
pastebin.com/DpwtNzmu (embed)

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/championship-calibre

>Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

>PC Section
coming soon™

>New /hg/tage
youtube.com/watch?v=nYBXxSRjMfE&t

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RE2hNrq1Zxs
youtube.com/watch?v=4DTmWDhSHC4
youtube.com/watch?v=pTi7LrXxbOI
youtube.com/watch?v=xyUHxdLIgjY
psychcentral.com/quizzes/autism-quiz.htm
xboxdvr.com/gamer/j king345/video/29300592
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I feel like a big guy

A big guy for you

Who here ready for disappointment?

Pretty much guaranteed, everyone's getting hyped today when all we're getting are the specs. They should have had the full reveal

youtube.com/watch?v=RE2hNrq1Zxs

youtube.com/watch?v=4DTmWDhSHC4

XBOX WILL RISE AGAIN

>Halo is coming back to PC
>People still care about shitboxes
Why?

Whens the full reveal gonna be?

E3 2017 obviously. (June)

full specs list

We already have a new thread up

Migrate

fuck you superior general here

Anders best girl

>2 threads
You fucking retards had 1 fucking job.

I great wait to play all the great xbox excl-

The other one was posted first. I'm the OP of this one and I even deleted the link to it and tried to get people to Migrate to the other one but people insist on causing drama anyway.
Don't blame me.

Scorpio is genuinely impressive and I have a feeling its going to blow people away when the price is much lower than anyone was expecting. My money is on $399, Microsoft is desperate to regain footing and have a history of throwing away money to do so. $499 at the absolute maximum, no more.

It's a HEAVILY customized console, people should really watch Digital Foundrys video it has some groundbreaking engineering and even the digital foundry host says you really can't compare the raw power output of the Scorpio to the specs on the sheet because of this. They fucking incorporated DIRECTX12 into the fucking hardware, this is an instant boost of an extra 50% to games which are developed with DIRECTX12 as it takes the load off of the GPU. Halo 5, Gears 4, Forza 6, Horizon 3, BF1 and Star Wars Battlefront were all listed as exampled. This is just from the DIRECTX12 chip, by the way. The Scorpio is going to be a monster

My faith in Phil was dwindling but this is really the new start of Xbox, he is finally getting settled. Exclusives take a long fucking time so we now only really have to wait for announcements and what he has really been up to.

Yeah, no. The other thread can fuck off with the OP, disappointed general trademark hg negativism.

thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=pTi7LrXxbOI

Based Phil

>The power of the DIRECTX12

>ON THE CLOUD

Scorpio is genuinely impressive and I have a feeling its going to blow people away when the price is much lower than anyone was expecting. My money is on $399, Microsoft is desperate to regain footing and have a history of throwing away money to do so. $499 at the absolute maximum, no more.

It's a HEAVILY customized console, people should really watch Digital Foundrys video it has some groundbreaking engineering and even the digital foundry host says you really can't compare the raw power output of the Scorpio to the specs on the sheet because of this. They fucking incorporated DIRECTX12 into the fucking hardware, this is an instant boost of an extra 50% to games which are developed with DIRECTX12 as it takes the load off of the GPU. Halo 5, Gears 4, Forza 6, Horizon 3, BF1 and Star Wars Battlefront were all listed as exampled. This is just from the DIRECTX12 chip, by the way. The Scorpio is going to be a monster

My faith in Phil was dwindling but this is really the new start of Xbox, he is finally getting settled. Exclusives take a long fucking time so we now only really have to wait for announcements and what he has really been up to.

It's gonna be $400

PS4 is still the better choice because Xbone has fuck all for exclusives. Watch Sea of Thieves bomb like every other exclusive it's had

You need to go back

Casuals don't care for exclusives anymore. Have you not learned anything from the past 2 generations?

The age of exclusives is over. Exclusives do not sell or make consoles profitable. It's all about the multiplat game, and Scorpio destroys the PS4 in this regard.

E3 when

no games

Wew. They did way too much with the armor. There was nothing wrong with his Halo 3 look.

Games that will be available in 4K:
>Forza Motorsport 7
>Red Dead Redemption 2
>Battlefront 2
>Madden
>FIFA
>Call of Duty
>Crackdown 3
>State of Decay 2

youtube.com/watch?v=xyUHxdLIgjY
Please just fire Brian Reed and replace him with someone competent. I just want a straight up good Halo in both campaign and MP and then I will buy the Scorpio360box One no questions asked

What a shit thread. Isn't this supposed to be a Halo General and not a Xbox general?

XBOX HALO FTW

MAKE HALO GREAT AGAIN

Brian Reed already got canned. The guy who did Halo Wars 2 will probably write Halo 6.

I'd like to congratulate you guys on a good console upgrade

Hopefully they price it at $400 so it can actually compete against the PS4 Pro

Halo 6 is gonna be trash too. They're gonna keep the same movement system from Halo 5 so that means they're gonna have shit maps again

Did sea of thieves get delayed again?

It probably got canceled

Someone took a survey on the helmets in Halo 5. Simple "Approve or not" metric.

Notice anything about the results?

>reddit
>not liking deadeye

Discarded

Everything past helioskrill is a mistake

>Achilles at 63%
I feel the butthurt from here

It didn't get canceled and I don't care what anyone says about this game, I'm looking forward to it and I hope /hg/ plays it together at some point

Halo 3 Anniversary when?

Probably like 4 yearsish.
Fans will do it.

SOURCE
I don't mind Halo 5's MP, I just wish they'd remove radar from Ranked. You're right about the maps though they're completely unmemorable

about the same time as Fable: The Old Kingdom

fans haven't finished CE

Why is Microsoft so difficult to work with?

Fans will

Sonyggers are Seething

I'm not but 2b is

That's not H4 Cortana

H2 > H4

>tfw finally going to be able to get the full 30 FPS experience with Reach thanks to the Scorpio™

Sassy

>push a 4K console
>presumably intend to have the textures to make that resolution worthwhile
>ship it with a 1TB hdd

OH SHIT MICROSOFT WHAT ARE YOU DOING

That won't stop Reach from being dogshit

4U ;)

If Halo Reach is dogshit, then what is 343 Halo?

>If Halo Reach is dogshit, then what is 343 Halo?
Horse Shit

Dog Diarrhea

It's the result of the dog eating his own shit and then shitting that shit out

Just another kind of dogshit.
Reach is lab.
4 is schnauzer.
5 is Border Collie.

>Scorpio ENHANCES the motion blur even more
>silky smooth 20 fps with Vaseline smeared on the screen

Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

It's pretty fun but needs way more content at this stage. Sailing around and digging treasure gets old after the 7th or 8th chest

>It's pretty fun but needs way more content
literally every multiplayer next gen game

>stealing my post word for word
Rude desu

>uncharted sold less than halo
hmmmm

How does it feel for someone to take one of YOUR jobs for once? ;)

Can't say I like it one bit.
There's only one avatarfagging tripfag here and that's gonna be me

>tfw you successfully started thread wars and won
Maybe next time I'll actually get a challenge

Here is an idiot-proof summary of what got announced today.

>The raw specs
They're impressive for a console. Anyone expecting native 4K on the newest games is going to be disappointed, but they're certainly going to be able to come closer than anything else on the console market. In short, it kicks the crap out of the PS4 Pro, but not high tier Gaming rigs.

>The Architecture
This was very interesting. Most analysts predicted the Scorpio would essentially be an optimized PC, but Microsoft has instead gone in the opposite direction. They're moving back towards the x86 core structure and away from raw Jaguar chips. This means any game that comes out for X1 will be specifically optimized to use its hardware, the devs won't just be able to port an existing PS4 Pro game over to it. I'm assuming the idea behind this is to ensure the highest possible fidelity and experience the Scorpio can provide.

>Backwards Compatibility (Xbox One)
With the Xbone, Microsoft took the easy approach. Instead of getting 360 games to run on the Xbone naturally, they instead built a 360 emulator and had the Xbone run it, which while by default better than the PS4 having no backwards compatibility at all, still resulted in some shaky performances. However this time they have really gone out of their way to take the more expensive and time consuming approach. They have individually optimized every single Xbox One game to run on Scorpio with improved visuals and frame rate consistancy. This feature will be made available to every single Xbone game when scorpio launches. Also, this "dynamic resolution" shit is gone. Games like Halo 5 and Gears 4 that drop as low as 820p in order to preserve 60fps will now run naturally at their highest supported frame rate at all times.

Continued...

psychcentral.com/quizzes/autism-quiz.htm

>Backwards Compatibility (Xbox 360)
This backwards compatibility deal is further extended to Xbox 360 games. If they're in the backwards compatibility program, they will run on Scorpio with improved visuals. What do I mean by improved viduals? I mean no screen tearing, unwavering frame rate, upscaled textures. This again has all been done on an individual basis. Now, this does not mean 360 games are going to start running at 1080p, 4k, or go above their natural frame rate cap, but the Scorpio would allow for this via an update by the devs of the game in question.

>Upload Studio
Full customizable movie making and clip editing will be made available to all users. This includes everything from effect editing to clip combining and extending.

TL;DR there's a lot to be happy about here if you were looking forward to this. Having a console that has backwards compatibility going back 2 generations is especially appreciated in an age where all competitors have dropped that feature. Add in the fact that the Scorpio actually improves those games and it's a real impressive feat.
I don't think I would recommend this to someone that already has a PS4 Pro, because while it's technologically superior (in fact, this could be the largest gap in conole performance since gen 6) it's not like it's worth paying another few hundred dollars to play the same games even if they look and play better. But if you don't have a pro, I'd suggest looking at this before making your decision.

>Halo 5 without the dynamic resolution
I need this

Speak for yourself.

I'm more than all conceivable qualities accounted for, not Spartan/ONI Recon material, but I'll be fucked if I'm not going to give myself enough credit to be a Marine ODST

I've wanted to enlist my entire life and I spend a lot of time on Veeky Forums and /k/ ignoring the memes, I run 3.8 mi about every other day with roll-on stick deodorant coating my nipples so they don't chaff, I OHP, deadlift, squat and bench regularly as I run, I do pull-ups and push up when I'm bored; I'm NEET as fuck but that doesn't mean I'm not physically active like I'm guessing the majority of the people here are like you're assuming

I should of said, "Yes."

You browse Veeky Forums and /k/ and go for runs? Wow! Real ODST material

Wow nigger, lets do this:

>Quote a post saying he does things after he already said he has
>Attempt to condense physical activity to "runninglol"
>Attempt to state that because you do something that this current society allows a person to do means that, that person could not possibly be apart of something that doesn't even exist in this society
>Let's for a moment assume that because I'm not already a currently enlisted Marine Raider that I don't have what it takes to be an ODST
>Not knowing that you could of just posted "you're a lying fat NEET"

You're a nigger and I bet I'm up for the challenge more than you

Halo 3 is fun.
xboxdvr.com/gamer/j king345/video/29300592

Fear not /hg/, my children, I have come for you

Post a timestamp with full frontal nudity. Maybe then I'll believe you

But is it better than CE?

Manlet arms

>Buccaneer
>37%
That's literally Halo 3's EVA and the earmuffs aren't even that bad wtf??? What a retarded and completely biased poll.

Those ears look fucking retarded

>s-stop bullying 343 guise!

Buccaneer looks shit

You got it wrong, i'm glad 343's shitty designs got exposed like this but a couple of deserve some recognition like Helljumper did.
Buccaneer looks way better than anything below Copperhead and it's arguably the closest looking helmet to the SPI armor.

Very well. I'll surrender my post to the Veeky Forums abyss

If they just got rid of the earmuffs it'd be a decent Halo 3 EVA.

Blame the Innies for not accommodating space for integrated comms

No you dumb nigger