Base Civic with 200+ hp?

Maybe I missed the thread on this:

> $18,800 base 6-speed Civic
> $200 summer tire option
> $700 tune, good for + 30hp 50tq
> $300 catback fartcannon

You've got a Civic with more power than the $25k Si for $20k.

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=17 Civic tune
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

But you still have no LSD, and a Quaife one would cost at least $1400. Plus you don't get adjustable dampers. I'd just wait for the R anyways...

>putting money into a civic
>ever

>performance is just tires and a cheap tune

>peformance
>Honda

"puting money in"?
This would literally be faster/better handling than anything else under $25, but at $20.

yeah, putting money into, because that's what you're doing, you tard.

$200 for stickier tires and a $700 for a tune to make your car perform relative to one that cost $5,000 more isn't exactly a crazy build, busrider.

so you're putting money into a civic. more embarrassingly, a new civic.

once you've accepted that, see

The R costs at last twice as much? Lol

The LSD would be a factor if you tracked it, but in daily driving you might miss it 0.1% of the time.

I'd rather rag out the stock suspension and then revamp with aftermarket bits after its paid off. The fancy adjustable shocks must total the car if they need replacing.

You're right user, buying the $5,000 more expensive Civic model is the better option.

buying no civic at all is the superior option, user.

>base Civic
>tune
>30 hp 50 lb/ft

Where the fuck are you getting your figures?

Yea, public transport is really the affordable and responsible thing to do Veeky Forums bro. Seeya on the bus.

Google it, trip faggot. I think it's a hondata tune

Charts for you, otist.

>buy civic type r
>replace parts any way

It's a good way to go with the base model because the chances are you'll be changing things on the hot version anyway.
You'll have a "sleeper" too without all the goofy wings.

you just reminded me to renew my pass, thanks user! see you when my bus overtakes your weak ass civic

All you have to do is plug into the OBD2 port and turn the horsepower knob up 30%. Manufacturers leave tons of power on the table because their engineers aren't smart enough to get anything out of the engines they design, only small time aftermarket manufacturers that sell things to mouth breathing ricers know the secrets

Does that also change the suspension set up and brakes? What about the interior? Is it the same transmission and clutch in both? What about trim level/options?

Look, this is a Civic so it's a faggot car. Spending money on it is retarded, but if you own one you're already a faggot and a retard so that's a moot point.

So assuming you do these mods, you now have a slightly more powerful 4 cylinder econobox which won't be fast, or even quick by any standard. Plus it lacks a proper suspension and will roll around like a fat wife on sex night.

I just...I get so depressed when I see stuff like this. I don't even understand who would buy a Civic anymore, let alone spend money on an Si...let alone spending money on a shit ass base model Civic to "make it faster".

I honestly think suicide is the best option for people like this.

T.

Provide a link instead of a cherry-picked picture

Lmao the truth is revealed

See
Why do trips leave them on when they out their ignorance? Have you never owned a turbod car? Haha

you actually spent time to write this?
sad

The website is in the fucking screenshot

lmgtfy.com/?q=17 Civic tune

Tldr, not your blog poorfag

OP here, I ask the haters: what's a better $20k option new?

Pretty sad that one butthurt Civic owner would samefag this much.

Pretty sad you can't check IPs

don't backtrace me bro pls

i got bad news

I can check IPs and I have samefag detection turned on. Caught you faggot.

Ep3 type R Imported for half the money, or the USDM si for like 5k-6k with sick mods to get that 2.0 to put out numbers that would still be better for less money. It's the last tiny hatchback they made, 3 door and smaller than a fit is pretty sweet.

Veeky Forums, what's a better new car for $20k?

>30 seconds in mspaint

just stop

Right? Way to derail.

>Not using Inspect Element to create at least a realistic looking result
SHYGDDT

mine was not shopped, i dunno how else to prove it besides screensharing

Fiesta ST

I don't think you got my point.
nobody gives a fuck except that autist who accused you. so stop posting about "oh actually I'm not samefagging"

Mom, look, I posted it again

FIST starts north of $21k, would make slightly less HP and much less torque on a near decade old platform.

OP asks Veeky Forums again, is there a better car for $20k new?

But the R won't have an automatic transmission.

Who gives?

Strange quirk: only the Hatch had the 1.5 turbo base, you have to upgrade to EX-T in the coupe and sedan to swap out 2.0 NA.

I thought Veeky Forums liked Honduta

I like them, but
>$700
>+30hp 50tq
I'm skeptical, especially at a price like that.

In theory it's just dialing up the boost....

assuming the stock turbo can push that much

See

Or you could buy a cheaper, better, faster Focus ST

How are you skeptical?

This is common for turbo cars....

For example, you could but something like a $10k 2014 1.8t Jetta, tune it with a 93 APR tune and youd be looking at 242 HP/ 293 ft/lbs.

No joke. the boost goes from 10 PSI to about 17.5 PSI and is also tuned for 93 octane.

That 1.8t jetta would be faster than a tuned Civic Sport. Best comparison would be a tuned Jetta sport.

would love to see that whole chart

I've got a much older honda engine, but I know what happens when you "turn up the boost" on a 1.6l

How is a $25k FoST cheaper than a $20k Civic?

See

Too bad a new Jetta 1.8 starts north of $22k

you can get a lightly used 2016 with a stick for around 15-17k

>Update
Why do you think I specified 2014? Go on Carvana and look, right around 10K.

2014 and 2015 SE and up models had the 1,8t standard. In 2016 the standard engine went down to 1.4t but you could still get a 1.8t on Sport or SEL models.

Right, same with a base Civic senpai, but OP is comparing new cars.

Wow that's a hard sell, who would opt for the new one with less engine? I doubt the reliability of a high strung VAG product, especially a tuned one.

Actually the 1.8t EA888 is highly reliable and even comes standard with forged internals. It won Wards best engine award as well.

Ive got a 2015 Sport w/lighting package and the 1.8t with 93 APR tune and its got loads of torque now. Been tuned for over 10K miles and no issues.

Raced a new Jetta GLI 2.0t and we were neck and neck at 125 MPH. Would love to race a Tuned Civic SI should be very close.