>Don't want cringy anime association
>Want to buy 86

What do??

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=52UtFISwSmE
petrolicious.com/articles/a-brief-history-of-the-toyota-ae86-corolla
youtube.com/watch?v=MsVC8Mz7GEM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don't put 50 stickers on it and don't dress like a weeaboo faggot and you should be alright.

Nobody even reads that stupid fucking manga anyway, lets be honest with ourselves for a second here. Not even the (nu) car community.

get a levin coupe in anything but panda colour

i did

get a non panda

Don't buy one because they're all overpriced by autists being willing to pay ludicrous amounts for a car they saw in an anime
Basically you're spending good money on a slow '80s shitbox instead of literally anything more modern

You just described all classics just replace anime with dukes of hazard or some bullshit

Buy a levin
Or a AE92, which is basically a fwd, significantly cheaper 86

So fucking what if AE86 has a weeb association? Get what you want.
Else get a non-panda paint notchback Levin.

W11?

It's an AE86 backwards and transverse in a sense.

Or just buy one anyways, not caring about asociation and what people think if you just enjoy the car.

Also Levin coupe also could help like others have said, at least just not a panda scheme which is easy enough.

Just buy the non-panda colorway then, either way people are going to think you're a weeb regardless of the Initial D association.

Literally this exactly
Then LS swap it

get s12

Majority of the AE86 community, at least in Mass is all Puerto Rican guys. Not a whole lot of them care about Initial D. If you like the car, buy it. People won't think you bought it because of Initial D unless you do a replica car or put the tofu shop decal on it.

When it comes to these cars, most of Veeky Forums is talking out their ass.

Where do you live?

Get an frs

>heavy
>little to no aftermarket
>shit handling

Why would you suggest that car that is totally different?

Someone who wants to buy an AE86 isn't in the same market for a $18k+ car

Any AE86in in decent condition will go for over $10k

Not to mention that finding parts for a 30 year old Toyota shitbox is going to be a pain in the ass

get the hyundai one. Don't put initiald sticker on it.

see
Its gonna cost close to 18k one way or another

Big Sur?

looks like i'm not the only one who thought the excel X1 looked like a dogumi mobile

yeah a hyundai pony coupe looks really like it

a good bonus is the fact that hyundai just used mitsubishi engines up until the X3, so i hear you can 4G63 swap and fit some certain evo parts

yeah according to wikipedia, some models from the first gen lancer got the same engine a pony has.

>don't try to by a panda trueno
>win

If anyone asks just say you like the car/Tsuchiya

Why not,
youtube.com/watch?v=52UtFISwSmE
still an AE86

i dont know but its def in california

petrolicious.com/articles/a-brief-history-of-the-toyota-ae86-corolla

youtube.com/watch?v=MsVC8Mz7GEM

>caring about what people think of your car
Just buy an autotragic silver taurus normiemobile you cuck, you don't deserve anything else.

I'd buy one on the spot, but they are unbelievably overpriced here

would a Supra Mk3 be a decent substitute?
I know they are heavy, but they're starting at 2.8k

Buy s12 200sx

I like the AE86 simply because I saw it in NFSU2 and our family used to own a silver one (GT-S, since I distinctively remember the side lettering) way back when. Whether the car was in NFSU2 because of Initial D or not is not my concern, and until very recently I thought Dagumi drove a CR-X. Since my only exposure to Initial D was the ricified Tokyopop version, it made a lot more sense because of muh Hondas, not to mention CR-Xes were a lot more abundant.

Buy an Accord DX instead. Same styling, same popup headlights, cheaper, more abundant, and most importantly the power is sent to the front wheels (contrary to common belief, this is known as 'Correct Wheel Drive'), the only place the power should ever be.