Wheel spacers

Talk to me about wheel spacers. Recessed wheels are a sore sight on any car, just as much as sticking outside of the fenders.
Im guessing suspension geometry has to be adjusted accordingly? Is there a chart or way to go about calculating the variables? Recommended brands?

Suspension geometry isn't changed, only your offset.
This can cause things like bump steer if you change it a lot.

it will change the scrub radius

Veeky Forums will likely sperg out

They can be literally measured by edge tire outward to fender or space you are trying to fill in mm.

There are two types:
>HUBCENTRIC spacers w/ extended wheel studs. These are the safest up to about 20mm
>Hubcentric adapters that bolt to your stock studs and have their own studs pressed into them which your wheels bolt to.

You can safely use either as long as they are torqued down to proper spec and you check them periodically.

However I do not recommend them for track use. They also cause premature bearing wear and change your suspension geometry.

Recommended brands are
H&R
Eibach
Some custom shops are recommended on forums too. These can be pretty good.

>You can safely use either as long as they are torqued down to proper spec and you check them periodically.
He also needs bolts that are long enough because some are cut to just the right length. If he installs an offset, the nuts have not enough bolt threads to grip onto.

Desu another thing to break. Might as well just order wheels to the size you need (willtheyfit.com is a great calculator to spit out measurements, then take a ruler and go figure it out on your car IRL) just to save any potential heartache. It's what my autistic ass did.

Install them only on your track exclusive car, otherwise KYS before harming innocent people on public roads.

They change your suspension geometry, but I didnt give a fuck been running 30mm rear and 25front for 2 years on ebay brand not had any bearing premature wear or anything, torque them down good and make sure they're tight every oil change or so

These are the ones you want op

Spacers are for people who can't afford wider wheels with correct offset.

What if they just want better fitment on their stock wheels

Fuck stock wheels. Heavy and ugly, and in recent times- zero sidewall for some reason. Get lighter aftermarket wheels a size smaller, sell OEMs for same price.

see
>spacers w/ extended wheel studs

> bolt to your stock studs and have their own studs pressed into them which your wheels bolt to

My 89 5.0's stock 15" turbine alloys are the lightest wheels I've had for it.

> Get lighter aftermarket wheels a size smaller

ummm for a lot of vehicles that requires a whole new braking system.

Part of the reason manufactures are moving to larger wheels is simply to fit more effective brakes.
The smaller sidewalls have an added benefit of more direct steering and overall better handling.

tl;dr
Stop curbing the fuck out of your wheels/tires. Get good.

More tire sidewall = comfier ride

basically this.

If I have to resurface another set of fucking wheels from a previous owner I;m gonna scream.

>cannot buy a cheap set of 16in winter beater steelies because muh racecar performance brakes

he said a SMALLER size not stock steelies that come is every conceivable size

way to shift fucking goalposts

overall suspension design has more to do with comfort than a couple of inches of sidewall

>Fuck stock wheels

bmw m3 e46 reporting in, can not disagree more

I wasnt moving goalposts you sperg, I was referring to my own car.

low profile also helps when the tire blows
car stays str8 no real drag at all

>caring about 1cm
I get that you may be insecure about your size but that's not your car's problem

:(