Are MINI's good cars at all?

Are MINI's good cars at all?
I keep seeing autotragic Coopers in my area for sale between 50-90k miles for less than 7k.
The N/A ones, not the supercharged S models.

Are they reliable for a student on a limited budget who has a little more and wants to avoid a dirty 3k civic/corolla?
Is it really more gay to drive one than it is to drive a miata?

Other urls found in this thread:

newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/6137068774.html
newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/6112545569.html
newyork.craigslist.org/stn/cto/6162959610.html
britishamericanauto.com/car-repair-education-and-info-blog/bid/88829/7-common-repair-problems-mini-cooper-owners-face
cnj.craigslist.org/cto/6119828465.html
newyork.craigslist.org/brx/cto/6133850259.html
newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/6078640409.html
cnj.craigslist.org/cto/6137593282.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why don't you get e36 318is and stop being a faggot.

No. The na ones are slow and have the same rattly interior as the fi ones. The s models are very unreliable.

There are 3 problems with Minis.

1. Low resale value, especially of newer models. There isn't much demand for them in the USA, they're a fairly niche brand, and there isn't a huge network of dealers.
2. They're British + German, so they have reliability issues. Maybe not as bad as BMW/Mercedes/Audi, but they're not cheap to repair like anything American.
3. The interior design is cheap. Just miles and miles of plastic for something that is supposed to be hip and urban.

Seriously though, they're actually perfectly fine.

I live in NY
No old ass Bimmers are even close to stock here. I need a DD
I don't mind slow, that just means more empeegees and lower engine wear from compression, I just need reliability.
I really don't mind plastic at all. A mini would be a slightly more upscale alternative to a civic, and it's not like those have anything but plastic inside.

Here's the specific one I'm looking at
newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/6137068774.html

>newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/6137068774.html
how the fuck do you scratch up 2009 car like that. probably Daily driven by woman.

Hm, for 5300 that's not bad.

It's Brooklyn. That's all you need to know.

It's no reliable. Just get a civic for 3k.

get a classic mini if you are into that.

Street parking in brooklyn is rough man
Should I give the seller a call then?
Is there anything specific I should look for?

They have another ad that they posted like a month ago, Maybe I can drop the price even more since they might be getting desperate
newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/6112545569.html

That was the original plan but I kinda like how much lighter the mini is. Seems a bit nicer to be in for extended trips too

It's probably a good idea to do a bit more research on Minis, especially 09s. 09 would've been right after the financial crash, so there might be some issues. See what people on Mini forums say about the 09s, and about Minis in general.

Also for reference I contacted this guy a few days ago to meet today and check the car out.
newyork.craigslist.org/stn/cto/6162959610.html

I'm guessing a mini is a huge step up kek

It seems like most issues with minis come from idiots not changing the oil and tranny fluid often enough.
britishamericanauto.com/car-repair-education-and-info-blog/bid/88829/7-common-repair-problems-mini-cooper-owners-face
Probably gonna have to replace the water pump though

A mini weighs more than an 01-05 civic

The only civics in even usable condition that I can find here are 06 and up.
8th gen civics have that weird engine block thing where it cracks and leaks coolant as well, not really willing to deal with that

Then you're not looking hard enough.

cnj.craigslist.org/cto/6119828465.html

newyork.craigslist.org/brx/cto/6133850259.html

newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/6078640409.html

cnj.craigslist.org/cto/6137593282.html

It has to be autotragic for reasons. Sucks I know
Also I'm limited to brooklyn because of the whole bus rider thing

Minis are fun to drive. All these people here hating on them have never been behind the wheel. Drives like a fucking go kart and takes corners very well.

Fuck.
Should I even bother?

>reliable

not compared to honda & toyotas

mini = overpriced meme car

You know it's bad when they have to put "Reliable car" in the title of the ad

How did you not know that was a dealer from the ad

He posted in the by owner

I'll still go check it, it's only like 10 mins away

Alright so the first black mini I saw hadan absolute trash interior and it stank.

2nd one was really clean, 2007 with 80k miles.
Got it inspected by a mechanic and we agreed on 4.5k.
Is that too much? Everything works and it drives smooth.
The seller is gonna have the title tomorrow, told him I'll pay then.

Guys gib opinion please
boring reliable corolla (might be a meme though, this is the auto) or more fun and luxurious mini?

They are fun to drive but are some of the least reliable cars you can buy. Mini consistently ranks at the bottom of reliability lists.

I've seen the yaris, cruise and fiesta at the bottom too yet people still keep buying them

>Is it really more gay to drive one than it is to drive a miata?
Yes. They're quite literally styled to be "quirky" in the same way the VW New Beetle was. It's supposed to appeal to girls.