I rented a tool from Oriellys and didn't realize there was a 48 hour return policy. It's been 3 days...

I rented a tool from Oriellys and didn't realize there was a 48 hour return policy. It's been 3 days, and I'm returning it today. How fucked am I?

Oh, and can I return the tool at a different Oriellys? Or does it have to be the same physical store I got it from?

Why don't you call and ask them

I will, but I'm currently at work in a no reception zone.

Youre dead fucker

Oh.

You either gave a deposit to cover replacing the tool, or you gave a credit card to pay for days used.

I have a deposit.
What's the likelihood I get it back?
Or is the tool mine now?

They will give back your deposit if you get it back to them in a reasonable amount of time. I'm sure lots of people miss the deadline.

Did you read their terms and conditions? I'm sure there is probably a two week grace period

And they will keep part of your deposit to cover the extra day or two

I was going to ask them what the time period was for the rental, but I forgot. I just now read the fine print on the receipt, and it says "return tool within 48 hours for refund"

They probably set a bounty on you. Run. If they catch you they'll torture you to death.

Mmmm, my kink.

At the one where I work we don't care how long you've had it.

K. I was hoping it was more of a legal statement than something held word for word.
Thanks for the response!
Can I take it back to any Oriellys, or only the one I rented it from?

I always tell customers they can return it in Hawaii to get the point across. If someone won't return it keep going up the chain until you get your money the same principle applies when dealing with warranties.

So, if one store won't take it back, what you're saying is go to another one?
Not a bad idea...

Three days?
Jesus Christ op, the oriellys death squads are probably after you.

They'll never get me, I'm hiding in an AutoZone.

You could do that but our policy is that any store will take it back. Or at least their supposed to.

my local o'reallys said they will refund cost if you bring it back "when you can"
>proceeds to tell a story about some guy with a brodozer that kept rental tools for 6 months

Lazy, useless fuck.

Its a 30day rental from Advance, you sure its not the same there?

It's totaled scrap it