What is Veeky Forums's opinon on a 2009 Crown Vic?

I am thinking of buying a 2009 Police model crown vic for 5900$.
The car only has 102,000 miles on it. Is this a good idea Veeky Forums?

The parts are cheap and plentiful, but those are some hard miles on it, so be wary if you buy it. You might end up spending almost the same to repair it.

but they are known to last up into the 300,000s

Not without some maintenance that goes a bit beyond oil changes.

I'm at 249K on my 1999 civilian vic. Meticulous maintenance every step of the way. The engine has even survived a few violent overheatings due to a faulty fan motor. Still going strong, I drive it everyday.

Police cars see severe duty, so it can be hit or miss, but it's probably fine. Just shine a flashlight down the oil cap, check for sludge. Pull the transmission dipstick, make sure the fluid isn't black. It might be a little brown, which is probably normal, just make sure you do a transmission flush (as well as all the other fluids). And spark plugs.

No. Buy a mint civilian one for that price.

5900 does sound kind of high for that mileage.

The police model has a couple advantages over the civilian model though. 3.55 differential gears, which gives it more torque and dead stop acceleration ability, but also worse gas mileage. And a governor at 140 mph as opposed to 104.

However, civilian models will be nicer and in better mechanical condition if they were maintained

>3.55 differential gears
Only as an option, at least for most years. P71s have 3.27 gears as standard with 3.55s as an optional extra, same with the Trac-Lok limited slip differential.

Oh I wasn't aware of that, thanks

>5900
great car, but you can get them cheaper.

My '03 had the same milage and is still in crisp condition and i only spent $1700 on it.

Make an offer and try to talk him down

I feel like we have these threads every day.

YES, GET ONE, THEY ARE A DECENT LANDBARGE.

LOVE THEM

Way too expensive bro if you want one get it cheap that is what they are, good cheap cars. $5900 is a kings fucking ransom.

Get a Grand Marquis instead. They're old person cars so more likely to be well-maintained and low miles, and in some areas they're actually cheaper than the beat-to-hell P71's. '03-04 models are considered the peak years for Panther cars in general. Starting in '05 the interior got quite a bit cheaper in quality.

Jesus, that gave me aids. Does he expect people to take him seriously when he writes that bullshit? Please be irony.

He legit has autism.

There is a thread literally every day, at least lately. It's surprising but not horrible.

WELCOME ALL TO THE CHURCH OF THE ROAD BOAT

WATCH OUT FOR FUCKY ELECTRICAL WORK
The lights and sirens are removed by flat rate mechanics with zero fucks to give who leave bare copper that can cause shorts

We outta just have a Landbarge general.

>but they are known to last up into the 300,000s

They supposedly are, but its still a Ford, and most have been driven hard, on par with boyracers who own "rebuilt" STis and E46s.

Cop cars often have their transmissions abused to fuck. They're essentially rented mules for our public servants.

Man, it looks like a car from 1999, rather than 2009

Can we? I am in support of this and I think enough anons have a memebarge for a /lbg/

Wat

It literally does. Look at it. A big featureless boat typical of the late 90's. It's amazing that body shape was produced in 2009. It's like Lada I suppose, why improve perfection.

2011, if you want to be specific, and that specific design had been around since 1998. Don't fix what ain't broken, y'know?

I wouldn't call it featureless, though, it's definitely got a presence- whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is up to you, but even to the average Joe Schmo the 'yota in is just a white commuter sedan but a white Crown Vic is an eighteen foot behemoth that will make him double check to see if it's an unmarked cop.

Plus the styling is definitely old-school- three boxes, a flat beltline, big windows and a trunk that extends backwards instead of just down. You don't see shit like that at all anymore, not with how everything has to have gigantic fenders and those weird half-hatch trunk things that even full size sedans come with.

Yeah fair enough. I don't actually hate them desu.

I guess I can see what you mean by that presence, speaking as a non-American they are pretty identifiable, being featured so much in American tv for so long

Whatever happened to this guy

>6k for a crown vic
Come on its worth 2k top if it's pristine.