/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>MHXX News
Update 1.1 w/ Eng Patch v2.1: my.mixtape.moe/bkbjso.png
English Patch Project: gbatemp.net/threads/465296/
MHGen to MHX Save Transfer: pastebin.com/Z1PPuX5F
Ping's Dex and Kiranico now support XX.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lNrviTSusSY
youtube.com/watch?v=oTMh0rz3bxs
youtube.com/watch?v=u8q1c2trD6c
urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=theorycraft
youtube.com/watch?v=sXw3ODopF0c&ab_channel=MHXX
youtube.com/watch?v=LytJBTA-I8Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anyone knows how to unlock Helios armor in XX? On kiranico it states that you need Oceanic Pyroxene which is 50% from Hyper Lagi quest but is there any other prerequisite? It'll appear normally after you get it or you have to trigger some event with NPC?

i haven't played past 4u yet

are you telling me now you can dodge instantly with your weapon unsheathed and have a huge i frame window and attack immediately after?

is there something you have to give up for that?

You are so full of shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=lNrviTSusSY
youtube.com/watch?v=oTMh0rz3bxs
youtube.com/watch?v=u8q1c2trD6c

Three different run using mantis LS and guess what, every single one of them run at least S+1 and a sharpness skill, be it Razor Sharp or Sword Polish.

And outside of the guy using Sword Polish, the other two couldn't maintain purple sharpness the whole fight even with sharpness+ and RS. I doubt someone who could only parrot about the newest hype without actually playing the game like you could do better.

On another note, it seems like Sword Polish restore quite the amount of sharpness because the guy stay purple the whole fight with only Sharpness+1 and no RS

I want to give cunnylingus to Miss Cat jr!

Not him, but it's true that you can keep purple indefinitely with just razor sharp and readiness. There's a catch, though. You have to use readiness as soon as it's available. Otherwise, it might fell to white.

>you can dodge instantly with your weapon unsheathed
yes
>have a huge i frame window and attack immediately after
no

rooms
W H E R E
H
E
R
E

bump, no one? really?

Anyone figured out how to unlock the True Toka set?

You get it from Hyper Brach and Zinogre too. I don't think there are any prerequisites.

You're supposed to use readiness you dumb ass cuck.

Yes, no, no.

>playing XX

But it's fun!

>not playing XX

>There's a catch, though. You have to use readiness as soon as it's available.

Because you'd do that 100% of the time whether it's appropriate or not right?

Theorycrafters who only look at things in a vacuum without actually playing the game are even worse than the usual "my gen is better than your gen" shitposters in this thread.

Anyone else stuck at Connecting when trying to make XX lobbies?

enjoy your ban m8

I've been trying to find out too, still no idea. I haven't unlocked the hyper Lagia and Zinogre quests yet but I've got 5 of those Oceanic Pyroxine things and still no unlock. Think its to do with one of the villager requests but I can't read japanese

oh shit, that sucks

sorry dude

Design an Endgame for MH5G /mhg/

no holds barred

prestige levels for weapons and individual armor peices

oh shit... I was just about to start farming those quests... Fuck Capcom

Custom Quests.

GQs were perfect, the expeditions and roster sucked.

All Monsters get a N Rank version as their strongest form.

N for Navirou, in which the monsters look as weird as Navirou looks compared to a standard Feyline.

They have absurd stats and their Rage Mode makes them unable to be damaged by anything but the sharpest weapons and surrounded by a DoT field.

When are they going to add rape mechanics? It should be based on the monsters stamina. After you wear down a monster and its exhausted you can have sex with it

I unlocked it after doing the hyper zinogre request, along with the ceadeus GS

I did the hyper lagi request later and unlocked the ceadeus bow, so I'm guessing hyper brachy unlocks the SA

It sounds like you did the quest with someone else instead of clearing the request for yourself

"mutant" monsters, like randomized variants. Monster skeleton types could swap moves to create random variants, with random elemental affinity, wildly varying size (perhaps their individual parts could be differently sized) and a generated name

>mutant gravios with poison lasers that does rathalos homing claws but they give you dragonblight

Are the psp monster hunters good?

I have never played a monster hunter game before and thought I'd give it a shot.

When monster hunter is released on PC, cracked, and modded

This is true. I'm gonna host it now. Thanks for the tip.

In gen, would a 100% Crit up Crit set with the narga SnS be any good, or would it suffer with no element?

I can confirm brachy unlocks SA

>portable 3rd
pretty good, not enough content
>hitboxes unite
If you didn't start with second gen or earlier you will find it nigh unplayable

But how do you get those requests? From what NPC?

It's far too easy to get a 100% crit set with SnS with low or neutral affinity to consider the Narga weapons, even if you give them AuL.

moga chief(2) is brachy
chief's son(5) is ziggy
I don't jave lagi

A randomly generated monster gauntlet.

Every area change is met with a new monster(s), you can't progress until the current challenge has been completed.
Resources can be scavenged in the gauntlet to keep hunters stocked up, but it will become increasingly sparse the further you go on.
Sets can be changed in a prep area before each fight along with a bank you can use to store or retrieve items you have scavenged, and progress can be saved so you can continue later, even with your teammates.

Monster start with weak stuff like G.Jaggi all the way up to Fatalis, Gogmazious, Mantis, etc.
The cart limit starts at higher than 3, possibly gaining 1 cart every few hunts up to a certain point.

Rewards would include cosmetic things for you to show off as well as 4U relic tier weapons and armour, but with a more controllable RNG.

that sound absolutlely good

The only way to make "Relics" is to give them multiple sources and a crafting option.
That way retards won't parrot you're forced to edit charms and farm 2x Rajang.

>controllable RNG
are you high m8?

Mantis returns but the Robot was specific to the one in XX. Instead it takes place in a special segment of the Desert that is basically a graveyard for Mohrans. It plays with a Jhen skeleton

How do I unlock the village advanced quests? Must I clear all the normal ones first?

You just need to git gud. With good positioning and timing you can be extremeley aggressive and still use readiness to reposition or dodge and sharpen as soon as it is available. Scub.

I expected Teostra to be lord of flames. Instead I got Teostra, lord of casually walking

>Theorycrafters
?

Lord of crotch-charges you mean?

Is Brave Bow really just a meme?
I know building the meter is kinda ass (much like any other Brave weapon that isn't LS/HBG/GS) but are the benefits worthwhile enough to make it a viable alternative to Adept?

yeah man

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=theorycraft

This. There's literally zero excuse to not make a system where you can "look" for a quest with specific monsters and you need to do a quest or a few kinda like the Meownster Hunters to get the quest to be available.

building the meter isn't that bad on bow, it's fast so long as you do the charged arc shot. takes around 3 - 4 of those to fill it

the thing is, the biggest benefit you get is you can fire 1 extra shot per charge. seems kinda lame when adept has lv3 charge on dodge and powershot on demand. you do get a benefit if you can consistently find openings to land those 3 shots, otherwise adept seems vastly superior

it would be nice if the MV's were buffed or something

Sounds like it would be especially useful in multiplayer where status/mounting/trips and staggers would be a lot more commonplace.

Is there a list of all the Brave moveset and combo changes for each weapon somewhere I can look over?

Gee, I wonder where in this thread you could find that information.

Not in the fucking OP pastebin like it should be?

What quest unlocks the armour though?

What's it like being illiterate and/or retarded?

I want to roughly mating press the Yukumo Chief and cum balls deep inside her mature, womanly body!

* as I nibble on her ears

I wish /mhg/ liked me...

>no SnS oil that's a free status+2/element+2

fuck off

61-2161-8080-9588

if enyone whant to help me lao the shang lung

>Pass
Good luck!

thers no pass doe

I like you!

Exactly.

whats the problem with that?
no one whant to do this long ass quest using a pass would be worst

That's the point, use the password in the OP to deter randoms and help /mhg/ frequenters outside of the thread find your room.

>randoms
no one has joined on like 20 min dude

They've got the right idea, no one should play with a shitter like you

Doesn't matter, other /mhg/ players only search rooms with passwords, follow the instructions in the OP and you should fill up quicker.

And now look what you've done. Enjoy your randos!

What is this reverse psychology?

>shitter because i dont follow autistically a conetxtualizated rule

shure buddy

youtube.com/watch?v=sXw3ODopF0c&ab_channel=MHXX

Post Brave Longsword TA.

>come to a general to beg to get carried instead of just joining a turns room and post it there
>complains when told to follow the general's tradition

So on top of being a shitter you're a whiny newfag?

Rule is there for a reason, and it works. If you don't want to follow it there are other places you can try to get carried.

>posting Lao in a turns room

Holy shit. Is this basically guard pointing? Counter moves that do damage while avoiding attacks? I love that shit.

I just got XX, been trying Brave Hammer, but it's just driving me crazy so far. Being forced to combo charge attacks hasn't been fun, nor has the forced sheathing.

Why is frontier's aesthetic so repulsive

Anyway youtube.com/watch?v=LytJBTA-I8Q

Anyone wanna spoonfeed me a GS set?

What if the same armor but in MHO?

Does LBG damage really fall off after low-rank?

mantis

Supposedly.

I want to jackhammer Charlotte!

please take good care of your monsters!