/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

TACTICAL FORWARD SETTLING ACTION edition

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/ /wgg/

Previous thread:

>Stellaris Resources
- Mod archive mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki 1 endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki 2 endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization Resources
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 play.freeciv.org
- /civ4xg/ steam group steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization VI
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=855097786
historylearningsite.co.uk/ancient-rome/ancient-rome-and-religion/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>download Utopia
>create race of people
>play for 30 minutes
>remember that Stellaris is fucking boring

HAK HAK HAK

Is there any Milky Way galaxy maps for Stellaris?

Any way to remove this restriction?

>download Utopia
>run CODEX installer
>the music accompanying the installer is Smack My Bitch Up - Prodigy
>mfw

resolve your design's errors

Resolve them, faggot.

Alright hows my empire looking?

>implying I dont have the asian phenotype mod and namelist installed

Can non-spiritualists still research psionic tech?

How long before we get a mod that turns the Neo Chimp portrait into black humanoids?

r/AsianMasculinity/10

>that backstory.

>abimition
>that shitty grammar

>tfw haven't had power tech for at least 10 techs

HOLY SHIT

GIVE ME MORE POWER

I think its pretty good grammar for a bunch of Chinese ghosts, thank you very much

>man, our game has half-baked basic mechanics for every fundamental system. Which one should we focus on? Diplomacy? Trade? War?
>LOL NO, PERK TREES

>this backstory

are you gonna spend the game pacifying your own planets in an endless civil war?

Its paradox how well their games sell when they are terrible shit.

Keep talking your shit round eyes, the wall wall will be built soon

these ever worth doing?

Rate my hobbit-elves.

If you happen to be stuck next to something you know for a fact is going to invade you, it can be worthwhile

>I'll just invade them back

AI cheeses with a fleet twice your size. Good luck

Can you get achievements if you buy the full game, but pirate dlcs?

Rate my Imperium Romanum

>minmaxing
>roleplaying

pick one

Fucking xenophobes right next to my spawn keep threatening me.
I was hoping for a nice spiritualist pacifist game, but I feel the urge to deus vult.

its your main way of discovering other civs, in the early game

nice idea, i went for something similar

very flavorful

Keeping it classical.

>Wei
>not bringing BENEVOLENT government to all the oppressed peoples of the galaxy

>purge all xeno scum
>not even xenophobe

I've got your fucking benevolence right here you green fuck

>buy stellaris
>pirate all dlcs
>play ironman game for achievements
>don't get any

????????

So how are your tall empires going?

>violate the devs' copyrights
>expect them to award you medals

Hi /l/eddit

>tfw no belter qt

I wouldn't say the Romans were that warlike.

Fuck off Havelock

I haven't played Stellaris ever since pre-leviathan, is stacking a ton of tachyon lances on a battleship fleet still the best or are there alternatives?

1. Replace Syncretic Evolution with Cutthroat Politics.
2. Take your Militarism down a notch and add Spiritualist.
3. Get rid of Repugnant and Extremely Adaptive, replace with Adaptive and Natural Engineers.

What does ruler skill actually do

How am I minmaxing? I would have venerable elder and wouldn't be a damn slaver if I was.
Yeah, you are probably right. I was thinking when I made it fanatic militarists should really be for Sparta-tier warrior cultures. I think I will switch it with authoritarian.

Anyone got the update for the LoGH ships mod?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=855097786

This one. One on MEGA is from March, and the one on Steam got updated in April.

FUCKING DLC WON'T LOAD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

so where can i see what ethics a faction uses/belongs to?

I dont want to supress niggers who might be useful down the road like materilaists, but fuck the liberals shits complaining when im fighting so we wont get eaten my purifier cunts

Also for some reason i'm now swiming in influence, waht am i supposed to do with it earlygame?

Good ideas. I think I'll use that.

>Spiritualist romans
Dude if they were spiritualists then all historical civilizations were so, they had a religion but they were very low key about compared to most other historical nations.
Unless you are thinking about late roman empire and the byzantine, then yes they should be spiriualist and have the divne mandate gov as the religious aspect of the Emperors became a lot more important.

H-Here I go!

>get utopia legitimately
>cant see muh pirated leviathans and planetoid dlc
>install creamapi crack uploaded by that guy in the last thread
>still cant see them
reeeeee WHAT AM I DOING WRONG

>Half the thread is pirate shitters crying their eyes out

historylearningsite.co.uk/ancient-rome/ancient-rome-and-religion/
>The Romans believed that gods controlled their lives and, as a result, spent a great deal of their time worshipping them.
>After the reign of the Emperor Augustus (27 BC to AD 14), the emperor was also considered to be a god and he was worshipped on special occasions.
>Each family home would also have a small altar and shrine. The Romans had personal household gods or spirits called ‘lares’ which were worshipped every day at home.
They may have been slightly more secular than other ancient civilizations, but spirituality was still an extremely important aspect of Roman society even while they still followed Hellenic paganism.

yeah, I just bought Utopia too

I was away for a long time waiting for DLC... and it's here even on piratebay - fuck yeah time for fun.

>mfw

>thepiratebay
Kek

Fuck off, Paracuck shills. Your game and DLC are not worth the price.

>Haha its such a shitty game haha I'm only pirating it to see how shitty it is haha

>paradox programmers are posting Pepe

DELETE THIS

So all nations in history were spiritualists?

JUST CLONE MY SHIT UP

Canada please go

>chinks
>strong
>resilient

lol, chang gtfo

I will download it from a private tracker but i use tpb to check if stuff is released.

Proofs?

Also isn't Pepe a hate symbol?

OY VEY

That's a good boy. But unfortunately your IP has already been logged by the FBI.

No, but many ancient civilizations and societies, Rome included, were strongly invested in a mythological pantheon of some sort (except the Persians and Israelites, they had Zoroastrianism and Judaism respectively). By the time of the Middle Ages, this was transposed with Christianity in Europe and Islam in the Middle East. Only in the Renaissance did secularism begin to circulate as a common practice among nations.

Should I invest fully in armor/shields or should I have a little bit of both?

What if I genuinely hate the developer and don't want to give them money?

Those hypocritical swede fucks don't deserve it.

>download codex
>missing 3 dlc
>download rezmar's dlc and crack
>put dlc and crack into folder
>rezmar's dlc doesnt show up in game
>delete all codex dlc and move dlc from rezmar's folder
>game now shows no dlc
>uninstall codex
>reinstall codex
>game still shows no dlc despite it being in folder
>take missing dlc and crack from rezmar into folder
>everything suddenly shows up
just need those /gsg/ essentials for maximum galactic lebensraum

What? I pirated it and everything's working fine. Did I miss something?

If you genuinely hate the developer: why are you playing the game?

lotta horses

Were the muslim medieval nations fanatic spiritualists and militarist or fanatic militarist and spiritualists?

I never said Stellaris was shitty, stop putting words in my mouth. If they lowered the price to something more reasonable and started aiming to fix the true problems (diplomacy, trade, war), I'd be more inclined to actually purchase it. It's called voting with your wallets. Also this , and to you can hate a developer and still admit that they made a game that's reasonably entertaining.

>oh noes they forced the guy who put literal Nazi propaganda in his description to delete the description :((((
>muh genocide simulator is too PC!

All white mod is still in the workshop, you giant baby.

Depends on your power tech, weapon tech, and who you're fighting.

If your enemies have armor-pierce, use shields. If they use shield-pierce, use armor.

Personally I care more about power use. You always want to be as close to 0 power on a given ship as possible, so I give each ship the best systems it can have, the best weapons, and then see what I have left for shielding. I think all ships should have at least a small amount of shields, because shields recharge so it's effectively damage reduction, but if I don't have enough power for shields and a free slot left, I'll put armor on. For bigger ships, I like to keep it at 1:2 shield / hull ratio and fill the rest with armor.

Fanatic spiritualists and militarist

Kind of off topic here, but I wonder why the people who made the all white mod didn't just make a race-based mod in general, so it seemed less 'offesneive'.

Like just a little option or tickbox that makes a human faction 'All white, all black, all middle eastern, all asian, etc.'

That way, everyone is happy.

>tfw to intelligent too be a xenophobe

Yes most were, you have a problem with this Fedora Lord?

So how are the ascension paths? Is Psionics as good as expected? Synth as boring and useless as expected?

I'm having this same fucking problem, what do you mean by crack into folder fucking tell me goddamnit I need help

Pssh...god doesn't exist...kid

>REEEEEE
>WHY IS THIS GAME THAT I STOLE NOT WORKING REEEEEEEE

At this point even for shit i actually own, i just pirate it because it works just fine without 3 layers of download managers with ingame reminders to login and shit, and i can actually archive them for the time when a mandatory patch (wich it will want to dowload before doing anything else) fucks everything up 5-10 years from now, or it gets cucked from content like the old GTAs with the music license running out, or saboteur losing its DLCs because the authentication server shut down. And thats not mentioning games with gamespy sickness. On top of that thanks to general DLC and preorder fuckery and releasing GOTY/gold editions and shit its usually the only viable way to get the full experience wihtout shelling out 300 bucks

So yeah, buying a game is a formality nowdays to show support for deserving devs, as the pirated copy is a flat-out superior product most of the time.

>I'd be more inclined to actually purchase it
No you wouldn't. Paradox could make this game a 10/10 and you'd still pirate it. Don't even try to pretend otherwise.

The fact you pirated it in the first place demonstrates the game is good enough for you to spend your time on. Hence, it's good enough to spend your money on, but you're just too entitled to do so, and too delusional or insecure to admit it.

i don't think that's an appropriate image hmmmm

What if I told you that I also currently have no income and I'm trying to be thrifty with my savings

HMMM ARE YOU SURE?

HMMMM

Get rezmar's stuff
Move the missing dlc into the dlc folder
then copy rezmar's codex crack into the stellaris folder

>The Faggot: The Post

/civ4xg/ is one of the worst fucking genres on Veeky Forums easily.

At least the other generals just ignore DLC they dont like, here you have people who obviously love Stellaris calling it shit just because its a epic meme to shit on everything Paradox

I dont even know why I keep coming back to this /pol/infested shithole

no but God does,,,,nothin' personel m'kid

>spending money on something you can get for free
>hurr ur entitled
You landlubbers deserve throwing your money out

>i have no little money i cant afford this cheap ass game and instead of getting a job and doing something meaningful with my life im going to waste it playing games i shouldnt be playing
You dont even deserve to play games, go get a fucking job, or a better job if you're that fucking broke

I wouldn't believe you, but if you were telling the truth I'd concede that you have a reasonable excuse and I'd wish you luck with your financial situation in the future.

>being this much of a newfag
wew lad....
if you wonderd why. its because of the grandfather of Veeky Forums /gsg/ go check it out some time after that go back