en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_Ninja_ZX-6R
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st

First for Honda ok

3rd for nobike till next month :(

that seat looks comfy

4th for newbike this week™

It is my friend, it is

Super nice day for some riding, they also repaved this country road I ride a lot.

We have a memorial ride coming up for my buddy, the one who died.

July 9th in Olympia, Washington.

that's always such a treat. The road that I just discovered last year that was pristine got all torn up for some logging bullshit. Mad AF

Who the actual fuck lives in Nebraska?

Seriously thinking about picking up a 2013 zx636r.

Is this a good decision?

Is it green?

How heavy are engines? I don't have a garage to store my bike so I thought about dismantling it and putting it in my apartment on the second floor. It's a 500cc parallel twin.

Meant for

Yee.

I've been debating on getting a '13 zx636 or an older year model zx6r.

I've heard that the 636 has noticeably more power, so I'm willing to shell out a little more unless someone here knows something negative about the 636cc models.

Has it been that long already since they brought it back? Damnit man. Are they 2 separate models or is the zx-6 the 636? I don't remember. The 04-05 was one of the first bikes I ever wanted after I got my first bike.

If your worried about power but still want something in that class I'd just go 675 honestly. That things been so well reviewed for so long now.

They're all 636cs

All ZX-6'R's from 2003 on have a 636cc motor. It was the ZX-6RR's that had the 599cc class racing legal motors and the pre 2003 ZX-6R's.

The 675 is neat until it breaks down due to shit tier britbong engineering.

>shit tier britbong engineering.
and their shit tier britbong build quality.

:(

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_Ninja_ZX-6R

The specifications seems to imply that after 2006, the zx6's were all 599cc, not just the RR variants.

Looks like they dropped 636 in 07 and brought it back in '13.

Admitedly I havent owned one but I never see the journos bringing up reliability. I've just always seen it well reviewed and have an fz09 now so I'm pretty interested in the Daytona.

I don't think in the US we ever had an RR just the 636 for 04 05 then plain old zx6r until 13. Well actually the 636 may have started in 02? I remember the older ones had a bare aluminum frame then I think in 04 went black when I started to like them. I know my zed was popular for having the same sporty tail as the 636.

Triumphs actually arent awfully unreliable. Only slightly worse than a harley, and probably better by the time you figure its only really the bonnevilles with issues.

YAMAHA ALWAYS WINS BABY

Yawnmahas don't break because nobody rides them. Soozookee a best.

DAMN STRAIGHT

>Triumphs actually arent awfully unreliable
>nearly 1/3 of Triumphs failed
It's not that bad, go- I mean guys, trust me already.

The 500cc parallel twin in my Vulcan 500 was too heavy for me to get it in and out of the frame by myself, but I could kinda move it around by myself once it was out of the frame.

A failure can be anything though.

Bmw has 40% yet you probably see more high mileage bmws out there than anythint.

What's wrong with KTM? Why shouldn't I get a 390 duke?

Tasty-looking pizza

>whats wrong with ktm?
Nothing at all when they work
>why shouldnt I buy a duke?
because it is ktm, therefor will never work

>Can-am
>42% failure rate
>it's almost a 50/50 gamble of whether one's going to fail or not

Hory shet Can-am, what are you doing?

Damn, BMW at 40%

Developing and trying new things?

Preying on old guys who are afraid to lean

>whay are you doing?
Producing the spyder

Does it really matter when you experiment yourself out of any kind of loyal following that the possibly successful future models might have?

The R6 has been the best selling middleweight sportbike for like the past decade.

This one at least had the decency to crash first before it lit itself on fire

Ill stop now

Because there isn't a sub 500cc road bike that is worth a shit other than dual sports and supermotos.

Everything else is garbage. Especially the 390.

Fuck me how does this shit happen? Do they just spontaneously combust?

but the R6 really confuses me, why does it not have crossplane?

Pretty much

The funny thing is everyone I know with their products are loyal customers because they take care of the issue without question

Because crossplane engines are a meme and the middleweight 600cc race replica segment is dying. There isn't enough money to justify heavy development into the segment.

That's why the R6 has been pretty much unchanged for 11 years and still at/near the top of the segment despite this stagnation. And even with this years update it's only a cosmetic and electronic rider aid refresh.

Partly because the bike has been so good, partly because there is not nearly as much money in 600cc faired middleweigt race replicas as there was 10-15 year ago.

>tfw bike caught fire with me on it
not fun user

Still though, sounds more like blind fanboyism.

>I had a vehicle that set itself on fire, but the manufacturer took care of it quickly
vs
>I had a vehicle that had no major issues for the entire time I owned it

People dont spend money on "starter" bikes like they did in 2002.

Hell, sportbikes as a segment is slowly being replaced/supplemented by nekked bike sales. It seems like now they only really develop/showoff the newest tech on the new 1000s just to bring that hype to nakeds a couple years later at near half the price.

That has nothing to do with reliability, but thanks for your opinion.

Thing is I haven't known anyone that has went full ghost rider. So thats just hear sat to me.
Just let ppl enjoy what they want. Why worry so much about it?

I didn't say it is. I told you that there is no good bikes below 500cc that aren't supermotos or dual sports.

KTMs are just plain shit reliability wise though anyway, So buying a 390 is retarded for multiple reasons.

>opinion

Im not him, but its kind if true though. If you're not euro there is no reason to start on a sub 500cc bike, they are simply not powerful enough not to be boring after a few months, and they suck on the freeway.

I still like the g310r, but the bike is literally designed for poo in the loo/euro cities, not american freeways. Just get yourself a nice 500 or 650 and enjoy a bike you can at least grow into for a season or two. Everyone I know who started on a tiny city bike regretted wasting the money on it.

This hobby is very new to me, my only experience on a bike at all has been MSF, so I don't know if I want to go 650.

>KTMs are just plain shit reliability wise though anyway
I'm googling for this. Everyone shares this opinion, but I am hard pressed to find real numbers.

I took the training course on like a 150 or 200, I forget but something really low. I was bored of it in a weekend. My first bike is 600 and it is perfectly fine. But you should listen to this guy It depends where you are

>going up the twisties behind a group of riders on sport bikes that are faster than mine
>they are slow af

>go down the twisties
>grandpa on adv bike with a passenger riding behind me hauling ass and keeping up with me

>not allowed to ride however you want on a day out

It's crazy that different people ride differently right?
Faggot

>sport bikes that are faster than mine
assuming you are on public roads hardware isn't usually the limiting factor on how fast people ride

>mfw all of my friends are doing track days and getting track bikes
>even my GF is going to the track soon

dubs I buy a K5 gixxer
trips I buy an F3 800

Because 600s aren't massively traction limited

but it would sound better and thats enough
its not like that would make it more expensive. same amount of machining.

Do it, k5/k6 best liter barring the new shit. Joke to maintain and comfy. Mine just hit 80k and got second valve inspection, still in spec after 10 years of track/street.

>wasting the money on a bike that has approximately the same resale value as its purchase price
If you are even remotely trying and don't live somewhere that is a complete meme you will come out ahead financially on a 300 after accounting for fuel, insurance, and if you choose right cheap parts.

I know it's expecting a lot for people who are too lazy for the microscopic effort of shifting to go through the effort of buying a bike more than once but come on.

Just get the GSX-R senpai, you'll be happier that way.

How much do you pay for a valve inspection?

Do it myself, buddy of mine does it for $150 (inspection) and another $150 for adjustment/shims if needed. About half of what our dealers charge.

Damn, I'm not inclined enough to do it desu

Went to a car show last weekend, saw this agromination. Is nothing sacred in this world?

I was about to talk shit about your spelling but then I realized your pun

Wtf did this start out as?

Honda Grom

Most people on DBT are too poor to afford a KTM so they try to rip shit on the brand at any opportunity they can, reality is any problem reddit shills claim KTM have every other dirt bike manufacturer also suffers from.

>Other manufacturers bikes on fire and snapped in half
Hmmm i wonder what ktms are notorious for doing, someone is projecting

>passenger pegs

Adventure bikes are the best beginner bikes y/n

>tfw you had a cop scare earlier doing the only twisties you know of at 45 in a 25

I need to find someplace to play near Minneapolis without being a hoon buzzing a parkway.

>KTMs snap in half
Good job listening to reddit memes
Any time you see a KTM with snapped triple clamps what ever did that to the KTM would have snapped a Japanese bike below the fuel tank totaling it.

not really, theyre usually fairly big.
a dualsport would be a better option due to being smaller lighter and more durable for the inevitable rookie drops

see
these are mostly true
they're more expensive, and likely cost more to own than a jap bike, but not by a large margin

Brand new Yamaha cost just as much as a brand new KTM these days.
A ktm 450exc and a wr450f both cost around $12,500 new where i live with registration.

the fuck m8?
450exc msrp is $11,399
wr450f $8,990

Really?
Where you live is boss.
12.5k is cheap for a KTM down here lol.

I am not very familiar with either bike, but I'm willing to bet the KTM has more power, lighter weight, and better suspension for that $2500.

oh, AU
our WR450 isnt street legal in the US
still a grand difference between the xcf and WR though
and i think you get a better deal than us since its like $1.30 roobux to $1 USD

i think theyre pretty close in power but the WR weighs like 30-40lbs more and suspension i cant say, since most people who really care respring and revalve it anyway

Is a dual sport worth it if I don't really plan on going offroad? There's a few dirt roads and shitty gravelly roads without smooth pavement, but can a regular old sportbike handle those?

if you intend on sticking to roads and gravel roads, youd probably be just fine on an adv bike as a noob.
psuedo adv bikes are going to fit the bill too like the cb500x, vstrom 650 and versys 650
just toss some protection on it when you get it.

xc-f is more race oriented than the exc-f and less expensive, the xc-w is more expensive than an exc-f though but you can convert an exc-f into an xc-w just by changing the gearing to 13/52 and a remap on the ecu so there is literally no point spending more on the xc-w than an exc-f.

oh, i had the wrong one i meant to compare the xcw, thats the woodsbike right?
i havent had much love for ktm so i havent kept track of their shit beyond the big bikes

Get a supermoto or a standard m8, adventure bikes are a niche meme that are only actually worth it if you know exactly what kind of riding you're going to be doing.

technically all 3 are woods bikes, exc-f and xc-w are just a touch more average rider friendly.