/indie/ - Indie and Obscure Games General

Last thread: >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

autofish.net/video_games/creation/game_maker/others/sparlatacus/
mega.nz/#!wngFiLbI!V-OoRCTs-tbytkIuX9pwBZJBqHD0S0_A2uFVoxZH8rQ
store.steampowered.com/app/365360/
twitter.com/ItsTaitoki
twitter.com/underrailgame
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Really cool idea to do this. Already way more successful than the game of the thread.

Reposting new Kubus article.
autofish.net/video_games/creation/game_maker/others/sparlatacus/

>Eitr is supposed to finally be coming out this year
>No news about it whatsoever
I got a bad feeling about this scoob

like, tears in the rain

Getting into this room is pure horse shit.

Can't see shit captain.

Nice that was quick.
The graphics are really nice.

Is that the lowest part of Shaded Citadel? Keep going right. You'll need to build a spear ladder but it's better than fighting two goddamn trees.

I got in.
i thought it was on the Journey todo list.
It's not.
Still gotta build a ladder now.

>not murdering someone, getting life in prison, and spending the rest of your life making vidya games
I know he got the wrong person, but it tickled me

Repost of Sausages:

mega.nz/#!wngFiLbI!V-OoRCTs-tbytkIuX9pwBZJBqHD0S0_A2uFVoxZH8rQ

>get mission to destroy some orcs threatening the borders
>kill some along the way
>main camp has 3 fucking berserkers and a good bit of young orcs
taking bets on how many of my guys die

Journey is for triggering a certain mid-game event. I think the Wanderer is for sleeping once in every region but I'm not certain.

Does Isaac lag pretty bad at the end of killing Mom/It Lives?
Was trying to kill Delirium and the game really started shitting the bed. It never used to do this a couple of months ago but there was one update (don't remember which) that really fucked up the particle optimization.

I have a pretty decent rig also so it isn't that.

lol this looks like still on flash.

Yeah, I meant Wanderer.

3 folks of you will die.
Is that a -small- orc group?

One zerker down, other two went up top so I might need to rotate over some help

>Is that a -small- orc group?
It's a fair size, but young ones aren't overly threatening. I don't know about late game crisis with this new patch, but the bigger orc cities deep in the wilds in the previous versions were filled with around 20+ I believe. One of them being a giant Orc Warlord and plenty of adult orcs(fully armored + giant shield, can literally push through your front line) + berserkers. To put that into perspective, a group of 4 adult orcs almost wiped out my company in a previous campaign. You have to basically put 3 men on one if you're not extremely well equipped + high level.

Is Battle Brothers good enough for the chart?

SPECTER KNIGHT WAS SOME GOOD SHIT

Yeah looks pretty good and well received.
>over 2k reviews on steam
Wow guess we can also add this to a list of good early access games.

Eberold up there was in trouble, the two berserkers almost killed him. Frankly I'm surprised he's still alive. The orc young was so close to finishing him off but I released one of the doggos and orcs seem to really fucking hate them so they aggro on em. Rest of this is going to be clean up it seems.

I'm biased because I really like it, but not sure if I can say it's worth 30 dollars to most people. It was only like 20 in early access with the supporter edition being 30, not sure why they changed that.

>Lizard carries me through 5 rooms
>Break free, still alive
>Signs of Rain
>Rush to the Hibernation room
>Barely make it
>Rain is too strong to let me climb up the rope
>Die

Not as good as Plague though

On the way back I decided to take a bit of a detour and explore some more wild lands while I was out here anyway. Found another orc camp, this one being filled with nothing but young, 12 of them to be exact. Normally this would be a battle teetering on the easy side, but my men were hurt and their equipment damaged. Against my better judgement I decided to take them on. Knut got struck down and another came close to it. Depending on how much damage you take upon reaching no HP, there's a very high chance someone will die for good, or that they'll just get struck down(meaning sustain a permanent injury.) I can only hope his injury isn't too bad.

>On the way back I decided to take a bit of a detour and explore some more wild lands
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
But your spirit to kill all orcs is commendable.
RIP Knut

RIP indeed, he got one of the worst injuries possible, besides death of course.
Normally I'd retire someone with a weakened heart since you can't be a front line fighter with no hp. But, on the other hand, he is one of the original brothers. I'll most likely look for a replacement and put him on permanent reserve status so he keeps getting paid and can explore with his fellow brothers.

Fuck man, I had that happen in Industrial once too.
>Can't climb the pipe-walls and die horribly

Well the greenskins up north got pushed back and we got paid. All in a day's work. Going to let my men get some rest and heal up while I myself also head to bed. Found a suitable front line replacement for Knut in the city, we'll see how he does on the battlefield tomorrow.

Drew Yonaka.

cute

Dis was pretty fun.

what game is this?

Not him but Battle Brothers: store.steampowered.com/app/365360/ . It's an indie gem that recently came out of EA after like 3 years of development, if you like the genre it's definitely worth the price.

Albeit it's been made by only 4 or 5 guys, BB is also a prime example of how game development should be done. Not only how well-made the product is, but the way they handle users and their feedbacks.

I thought "flying centipede" was just a fanciful name for something with more plausible biology.

I was wrong.

What is this room?

It's a scavenger lair.

I rarely see the fuckers actually in there, though.

It's where Scavengers go when the Rain is coming.
Steal a Red Spear and stuff a Pearl in your mouth if you got room. you can use it to befriend them later.
As for the Spear, hit an enemy with it to deal massive damage.

Took forever to get out of this room.
A Scavenger came and distracted him for me.
I took his spears to use too.
Although the scavenger took my cool mask with him when he left, just when I first got it.

Oh cool got to the next gate too.

I kept a pearl from earlier, they actually help you if you have it?
Might've been what helped me in that room before.

in shovel knight:spectre of torment, is there a way for me to wear the ghostly garb AND keep the tony hawk powers of the rail mail? I'm torn between having sick afterimages or sick skating powers.

>Help you
Only if you give it to them or have given them one in the past.
Unless you're trying to deliver colored pearls to Moon, it's a good idea to stuff one in your gullet to give them cause it also contributes to the Chieftain Quest for each one you gift them.

You need to put it down in front of you (Down + Eat) and let the scavs pick it up.

You can also chuck it, they don't always pick it up right.
>Drop whatever is in your main hand with down+eat
>throwing the Pearl does a cute arc and they grab it

Ah, thank you. I'll try it next time.

I'm really enjoying Rain World, and not dying as much.
The music is gradually getting more active as I get deeper in the worlds and I like it.

>Just came out of the hibernation room
What the fuck is happening.

Looks to be the Scavengers heard something and are poised to strike. They started the day in a large pack and as the day wears down, they'll split up before regrouping in their homes either in the storeroom or the Toll Bridge.

Oh, they teach it to you here.
That's nice.

Oh wow, made it to the next gate already.
But I guess that's enough for now.

Also, nice to know I'm not completely alone in this world.

>tfw sausage game got me eating more sausages IRL...

Stephen's sausages look like chorizo

Those snapper-birds in Memory Crypts, man...
>One always gets caught on a corner of a block and spazzes around it, never leaving, becoming borderline impassible

>Manage to kill a jammed Dragun
>Die to gannon
Man they weren't kidding when they said this one was a lot harder

READY TO ROLL

Finishing up the ending boss.
Then it's audio and cutscenes.
And then I will be done.

twitter.com/ItsTaitoki

What is going on here

Jesus, I've been playing regularly and I've never seen it go that badly for so long.
The only regular lag I've seen is not during play but when starting up, it takes a VERY long time to go from the opening intro to the menu.

>Stop reading my publicly-available information that I put there personally, creeps

So I feel this is the best place to ask. I've been really interested in rain world lately. Could those of you who have played it give your honest, and as unbiased as possible opinions if you think I should give it a try.

I feel strongly intrigued by the enemy behavior and seemingly unique gameplay elements, as well as the whole sort of ecosystem at play, and would be patient enough to learn the game and overcome most of the hurdles a lot of other people would get caught up on.

What exactly is this game though? What do you do? Good and bad things about it? Please help me out here.

it's a e s t h e t i q u e as fuck
the controls work exactly the way they should, which is to say slugcat doesn't always do what I want and instead sometimes acts like a slugcat
there was a recent patch which addressed my biggest concern, which was that map progress was lost on death

anyway it's sssssssort of a metroidvania? except you don't have any reliably weapons most of the time. the game is unforgiving in a lot of ways, some of which are more annoying than others(karma level loss on repeated death)

question for someone who's played more than me, are spears more prolific later on? it's felt like there's really only a few here and there so far

Now you are one of us, Hanz höhöhöhöhö

man rain world is just so much less annoying when you retain the map on death
corpse recovery is way easier, for one

Can you turn that new feature off if you are a hardcore weirdo?

Other than the dead LISA fangame music... is there any reason to know this person?

Stephen's Sausage Roll, area 2:

TOWER OF SAUSAGES
holy shit

Anyone here with an Underrail forum account who would be willing to make a pseudo-bug report for me? It's not exactly a bug, more like an oversight I noticed a while ago, but since someone made a thread about the Foundry Prison surveillance I guess now would be a good time to mention this.

The last patch added an option to get permission to enter the surveillance room freely. Problem is, if you stand just a little too close to the windows, Cell Block Cam 1 and 2 might spot you. This will make the guards flood the room, but of course they won't turn hostile, because you aren't actually doing anything illegal. Except the camera thinks otherwise, and if you leave the prison without erasing the footage, Foundry will turn hostile. The skill check to erase that shit is not a particularly high one, but since you have to take care of it right there and then, you are fucked unless you can pass it. And it might not even occur to you to do it, since again, you are not actually doing anything you were not allowed to do.

Why not make the report yourself?

I'm not playing the username game.

>playing it by proxy

I don't understand.

Well yeah. Shitty I know. But it's either that, or I don't report anything. Which is kind of what I've been doing until now and it suits me just fine, but figured someone might be interested in knowing this. But I won't be losing any sleep if this option doesn't work out.

twitter.com/underrailgame does twitter work for you

[email protected] does email fucking work for you

There are temporary email services, but you might land in the spam folder.

Lol. You think I'd be opposed to forum accounts if I was fine with twitter? Nigga, anonymity is serious business.

So what you're saying is you're retarded and can't think of some random name/username along with a 10 minute mail? Ok.

fake details / email, and then you're still anonymous.

Extra so if you choose a throw away name that doesn't follow a pattern from other registrations.

I'd do that if my game was fucked and I needed help. But this is just a bug. The only reason I'm asking for a volunteer to report it is because that's what was suggested to me last time I made some reports here.

Is that knight going to ram that corkscrew up that tentacled anus on top of that sea of donuts while that key shitting a bunch of roots watches?

I'm going to ram my skewer into your fucking sausage

(Actual spoilers about a game being mentioned in these threads).

Actually the knight is going to die because he didn't get the sword so the tentacled anus will drain all his health.

Report it yourself.

>I'm not playing the username game.
Make an account with fake info and delete it shortly afterwards, whatever satisfies your autism.

>it's either that, or I don't report anything. Which is kind of what I've been doing until now and it suits me just fine, but figured someone might be interested in knowing this.
You wouldn't bring this up if you didn't care about it.

>I won't be losing any sleep if this option doesn't work out.
Me neither.

I like Specter more only because the tower took me like 40 tries.

i'm going to screenshot this post and tweet it at them

fixed in the next update

Thanks, user. So they already knew about it.

>...
F-fuck you, I'm getting sausages

>not getting sausages
>on a regular basis
>since childhood

No homo though.

How do you function in everyday life with principles like that?

is this the dawning of /sausages/??

Yeah I know.. but I live in one of the most expensive countries in the world. High-quality sausages are expensive here, man :(

You lucky fuckers in the US can probably get even really nice sausage dirt cheap

I'd like to make my own one day

I kinda wish /v/ and /co/ got merged together so there's a good reason to go put up a /sausage/ general there on April 1st.

FUCK
I JUST REALIZED I BOUGHT SAUSAGES TODAY
AND ALREADY ATE 2 OF THEM FOR LUNCH

Gooodworkan.

I had a pizza for lunch with chopped Italian sausage of some description.