Why do 2 different models even exist?

Why do 2 different models even exist?

Honda literally fucked up this time around. especially making a fricken accord sized civic

ugliest car currently in production?

They REALLY fucked up the hatchback
- coming from a long time Honda owner

Hatch needs more vertical

Honda just completely fucked up the entire design, but they were already so late into production that they had to fully commit.

This will be eternally known as the worst Civic gen thus far.

Remember when the hatchback and the sedan didn't look exactly the same?

I know this old one has 2 doors on the hatch, but still.

It looks fine in person but i do agree styling is lacking. It reminds me of moderb mazda 3 hatch.
Hatch looks more normal on the civic but the lack of a 3 door is sad.
I think of this gen like 7th, gonna be considered ok for civics but disappointing. Plus like 7th gen difference in wheel bases of accord and civic is about the same as now if we are comparing a cm to an es in the us.

Nothing is going back to half cab rear any time soon unless your making a sports car.

a few simple mods.

it's 2017
why do they even make a civic sedan?

I usually really like hatchbacks but that is one strange looking car

Who fucking knows. The hatchback civic isn't even that great. It's not awd so you can't exactly do anything more or better with it over a sedan. The back end is so gaudy and over done it's like something straight out of hot wheels or some shit

Just what the fuck is that?
It looks like a bit of everything, and so it looks like nothing.
I am surprised they didn't put the rear door handles up by the windows for that pseudo-coupe look.
At that point, why not get an estate?

should have made the sedan a liftback.

Because Americans are obsessed with muh sedan prestige and would rather walk than drive a more practical hatchback.

>Awd
>Civic
Wut
This.

>so you can't exactly do anything more or better with it over a sedan
Except for fitting more cargo despite being shorter, and fitting bulkier cargo when you fold over the rear seats thanks to the larger cargo opening. Sedan drivers are absolutely megacucked when it comes to cargo capacity. Even old landbarges may have had very long and wide trunks, but they were still shallow and absolutely not comparable to a wagon.

the hatch comes with the 1.5T in the base model

All of the weight of a hatchback with none of the benefits!

see

I don't get why anyone would buy a sedan, unless they are were very short

I'm talking about the new ones you fucking retard, we aren't in the 20th century anymore.

then it would look like a wagon lol

L15 is the new one. It sucks.

Never understood Veeky Forums's autism for twingo styling. It looks really good. But what do some retarded 1995 shitbox owners know?

t. new civic hatchback owner

>fake vents

Most modern cars have fake vents. I don't get your point.

Yeah they really fucked up, especially when it's the highest selling car in its class.

Not quite

I really like the styling.

I never understood how ANYONE thinks the rear end of the new civic looks good at all. It's hideous prius tier garbage. The front looks pretty good, but the back is so ugly that I would never consider purchasing one.

Tell me what's so wrong with it. It has a nice fastback design, which is very common in cars of the 60s and 70s. It has big Cs for taillights which are kinda cool. I just don't like that it's too high.

>It has big Cs for taillights which are kinda cool
No, they are possibly the ugliest taillights I have seen on a production car.

Do not tell me that the Cadillac Escalade has better tailights.

They actually don't bother me as much. I hate that the taillights on the civic protrude on the trunk. The escalade lights at least stays in a straight line.

They actually do lmao, which is funny since they were copied from the CR-V.

So yeah, wanna bitch about the Escalde's tailights, look back at Honda.

i gots you familia

Ok you got me there. From the side, I'm not too fond of those tailights. But looking directly from the rear. You don't see the awkardness. I quite like them. They are distinctive. You KNOW it's a Civic and can identify it from a mile away.

CRV is angled, not straight and never used a line of LEDs.

Every car has a distinctive face it's making. Can someone draw the face this car is making? I just can't see it.

And they look retarded. Thats the point you dumbass.

Fastback design was good when it was for styling. Now they're just doing it for the mpg. A sedan should be standard 3-box design. A hatch should be 2-box design. If you have a sedan with a fastback it needs to be a liftback so you don't have a comically small trunk opening. But since it's a cheap car they don't want to have to engineer the stiffness back into it if they made it a liftback.

my sister has this car in sexy grey. I wanna fuck it (the car not the sister you sick fucks) because its in two toned grey/black

>doesn't want to fuck his sister
no sir, it is you that is the sick fuck

Might as well say all cars look retarded. No use in only pointing at the Civic.

Ok.... So what if it's for the mpg? It still looks good. Also, what the hell are you on about? The trunk opening and total space are on par with it's competitors. Honda engineers are much smarter than us and they know what they are doing. They nailed this one, this is the best Civic of all time (Not so much for Si though). The reviewers and people buying the car confirm that fact. But Veeky Forums still wants to say that their rusty 1995 Civic is still the best for some reason.

honda shill pls go. look at this tiny ass trunk opening compared to the outline of what it should be.

Your outline is EXACTLY what the hatchback is for LMAO. Holy shit are you retarded.

>tiny ass trunk opening
what are you talking about tiny? you could easily fit a dead hooker in there, what more do you need?

This b8 is too obvious

Wrong. that hatch should be almost vertical in the back. like this.

No, liftback is best back. Vertical back is treason.

Lol, someone has a different opinion than the Veeky Forums meme, so it must be bait. I think people here just have shitty taste. This generation is the first Civic and Accord to actually look good. You guys hate the new version because you've twisted your mind into liking the boring, cheap, ugly older versions.