Wiki:
hollowknight.wikia.com/wiki/Hollow_Knight_Wiki

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VVAiUAp_piI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dead thread
Dead game
Dead life

Time to give up the ghost. The Grave of /indie/games awaits.

ded

jesus this general sure died fast. Is that pdf the comic ?

other anons version because ded general

>tfw started when everyone else started
>tfw went too slow and now everyone's finished and there's no conversation and there never will be any more

I haven't finished. I mean, I did get to the end and beaten the Hollow Knight, but quit the game when Hornet pinned him down. I'm going for nothing less than 100%, and I'm only at 97% so far.

I haven't killed any of the dreamers

I'm a little slow ok

> (You)
>I haven't killed
Nor will you.

I ain't reading that shit nigga

I've had too much spoiled already.

In fairness I've been stuck on the CoF for a while.

>nothing left

Obsidiots still spam their shitty New Vegas threads on /v/ despite not having anything to talk about since the game was released. I see no reason Hollow Knight couldn't have more discussion.

We have a solid block of ded thred.

How's this game doing in other countries?

It's big in China.

Plus, I'm willing to be most of us are American, British, German &c. -- not Australian.

Zote is Don Quixote

Discuss

Pretty sure a major plot element of Don Quixote is not getting the girl.

The point is that he invented the girl. Kinda like how Bretta invents you. Coincidence?

you're right we're dead

I prefer this one.

SO WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK OF HERRAH'S fuck it let's die

Is this the end?

the only single player games that has long living generals are those with autistic fanbases like undertale or life is strange

The ones with intense waifu appeal, you mean.

Don't get me wrong, HK has waifus, but not in the same way Undertale does.

The only waifu's I see get shilled in regards to Undertale are Toriel and Muffet (maybe the green fire girl if you're lucky).
/fog/ and /tesg/ are single player generals that have lasted a long time, no reason why we shouldn't

Fallout and Elder Scrolls rely on huge amounts of mods and an extremely retarded userbase.

This is gonna be the last ever HKG isn't it

maybe there is some grand return when the additional content comes out

I'm going to miss the bug butts

>9/10 game
>new
>excellent art, original setting
>general is empty

>life is strange/katawa shojo
>hardly qualify as games
>have had no new content for eons
>general #2156

fuck Veeky Forums

whats the fastest you can get the dream nail without glitches? What do you need exactly to get to it?

I thought all you had to do was get to the Resting Grounds. So get to Crystal Peak and have walljump I guess.

So as soon as you get to Mantis Village, basically.

Can we get a list of boss dreamnail dialogue? I'm not good enough to get it...

Katawa Shoujo has closer to 5000. They lost count at some point and started over.
You can get Dream Nail as early as "finding Sly and buying the Lantern."
You'll have to farm your face off for Geo, but it's doable at 45 for each Husk Guard right before False Knight.
>Take the dark room entrance to Mines
>Just keep going right, can be done with no movement skills
>Jump into the pit at the far end
>Nail get

This has to be the most underrated gamer ever.

I've just come around to playing Shovel Knight, a game whose dick everybody rides for some reason, and it has got nothing on this.

What is happening?

Although I prefer Hollow Knight, Shovel Knight is better IMO. But you're right, this game is extremely underrated. It's not even unknown -- it's got a decent following -- but that's still isn't what it deserves. It's one of the best metroidvanias out there.

>what is happening?
You're watching the creation of a hidden gem.

Hollow Knight hasn't got enough advertisement.
Shovel Knight's kickstarter was more successful financially.

It got pretty big advertisement on GoG. It was the way I found out about it, at least.

I love em both but shovel knight has more going for it in terms of game design and widespread appeal

hollow knight would be 10/10 for me if the combat had a few more mechanics like a parry, block, and more enemy variety

(shell focus isn't a very good block)

It has parrying.

ah shit, you're right, I've only ever done it from the top though

does it negate front attacks too? or does most of the forward swinging wind up with the baddie's body in you doing contact damage?

>Although I prefer Hollow Knight, Shovel Knight is better

Negates attacks. Although in some instances I've parried/done damage/been damaged all at the same time, and I'm not sure if that was intended (like Dark Souls' sort-of-failed parry) or not.
Shovel Knight is much tighter and much more concentrated. The mechanics are stitched into each other, the levels are stitched into the mechanics, and the story/aesthetic/atmosphere is stitched into both. It's an excellent game.

But, for purely immediate and irrational reasons, I prefer Hollow Knight's sprawl.

not gonna make it

good night

Hollow Knight has little to discuss after everyone's played the game.

No waifus like KS/LiS, no furry husbandos like Undertale, not much to keep discussion going.

Hopefully we reignite after the Hornet DLC comes out.

If we can survive this night, we'll live forever.

I sure didn't know about it until someone mentioned it to me

I like Hungry Knight

youtu.be/VVAiUAp_piI

best waifu coming thru
she is literally pure

Pure Evil.

I didn't know about this. Pretty interesting. Looked it up now. Made by Team Cherry in 2013 for Ludum Dare 27 (by 3 people, 2 which are still in Team Cherry). I guess they really liked the style of the characters because they kept it almost identical in Hollow Knight. Also interesting is that they didn't mention this game anywhere on the Kickstarter or anwhere else.

It can be played on newgrounds.

>radiance
>she
where does is this stated?

It makes the abyss tentacles p lewd then

Going for the speedrun achievement since it was brought down to a lenient 5 hours. Should I get the Lumafly Lantern or the tram pass to get to Resting Grounds? Should I get the double jump, acid barrier and shade dash?

If you're just going for regular speedrun, just wing it two or three times and you'll get it.
Also, Tear into double jump since you get access to the Basin after beating Poop Praetorian.

The ending for this game feels weirdly unsatisfying. Like you and your ghostbros just disappear, and Hornet's just left wondering what the hell happened.Then you've got the mushroom stuff which seems like the dev's just fucking with you.

>Just wing it

Good point. I got 5:17 on a Steel Soul run since I get sidetracked (and lost) a lot in this game. I should be able to do it without trying next time

>Mushroom stuff
What?

The only part of the ending i found unsatisfying was the radiance its thematically pretty awesome and syncs up with your skills pretty well but he basically just floats around and spawns a bunch of attacks, i wanted your shadow bros to do more in the fight

There's a npc named Mr. Mushroom, the "Herald", who you can meet in 7 locations, in a certain order. He says a lot of vague cryptic stuff and then flies away. A post-credits scene is added to any ending you get, showing him flying around.

It seems like he aims to make fungi people take over the lands after the final battle.

Ah, i see. Pretty sure i've run into this guy near the mantis village but he spoke in a code. Didn't realise it went further than that but the idea of the world continuing fits the whole bug ecosystem / lore they've created, like how the bee's are independent of the bugs and have their own thing going. Pretty neat.

You need the Spore Shroom charm to talk to him. There's also a plaque hidden at Kingdom's Edge that lists his locations in a riddle (you also need the charm to read it).

Pretty sure one of the devs stated it on a stream

Team Cherry is up on twitch right now with a guy speedrunning Steel Soul 100% going by graig1337

Hate how the story is just copy paste from Dark Souls but with bugs.

see
in one of the preview stream before release they dropped this info

Still better than Dark souls 2 an 3's

>tfw all you want is to rule your cute moth children but random fag appears, take them away from you and lock you up

being the sun is suffering

>play Hollow knight
>die, ragequit mid-animation because I'm a faggot
>calm down, get back on, all the geo I was saving up is fucking gone forever, no ghost to retrieve, fuck all
>ragequit and uninstall
fucking SHIT game not even worth pirating REEEEEEEEEEEEE

thats what you get dumb frogposter

genuinely considering suicide user
this game deserves being dead
fuck you reeeeeeEEEEEEEEe

falling for the suicide meme

jokes on you, I'll be with my waifu!

anyway, if you still have a broken soul holder, you can retrieve your "ghost" at the very right of dirthmouth after you open the door there

it's not broken, it's in one piece. I WAS gonna buy the simple key to open the lock on the right side of dirtmouth, but that shit just happened
I don't want to start over, and I don't want to keep playing, because this is bullshit

It would have been a waste anyway. You don't really NEED to buy anything, except for maps/doors/benches and the latern. You need charms that you find and movement skills.

it doesn't matter if it would've been a waste or not, it's that this game is bullshit and it deserves being buried in indie hell

Fuck Radiance apologists and fuck "Hornet's a shadow monster" dipshits.

How do you shit up straightforward lore this badly?

>being this mad his little shitty fanfic got destroyed by common sense and he was pointed out inconsistency of his little shitty headcanon theories

poor precious baby discovered that there are other people in the world with different or may be even better opinions

EXTERMINATE REEE

>Any game with Dark Souls-style storytelling
>Straightforward

I don`t understand the Radiance thing, but Hornet discourse keeps these threads alive, so it can stay.

>shitty little fanfic
All I was saying was that Radiance reduced the bugs to their basic instincts before the king came.

Because, you know, the very first lines of the game tell you the king brought the bugs out of their base instincts, and all the zombies and shit are reduced to their base instincts, and before the king came around there were civilizations obviously not operating on just base instincts.

But sure, fanfic.

>All I was saying was that Radiance reduced the bugs to their basic instincts before the king came.
And that is not true, that's your interpretation of lore.

There is more evidence against it then towards. You are free to hold this opinion dear but it is not absolute truth in any way not should be.

>There is more evidence against it then towards
Such as?

What is the best charm combination?

quick slash - mark of pride - stalwart shell - whatever (probably compass and gathering swarm unless you're doing a boss)

>stalwart shell
You meant quick focus, right?

>stalwart
We Shovel Knight now

So are there different castes in Hollownest?

Husks-normal citizens
Sentries-knight protectors
Dandies-royalty, high class
Soul twisters-mages
Maggots-weak workers
Mosskin-some sort of subspecies
Mantises-warriors apparently
Bees-independents
Dirtcarvers- pests who were fighting the mantises
Mawleks-giant beasts

I'm trying to figure out what the mushroom guys are? And what are the jellyfish? What about the spiders and hoppers? What role do they play?

>playing for the plot
Look at this fucking pleb.

Sure, the plot might be very similar, but the themes explored are wildly different.
I want to bampa her nada.
Cheat it back in you fucking idiot, it takes like three seconds.
quick slash - mark of pride - longnail - whatever (probably compass and quick focus or some shit)

>Get myself void heart
>mfw it's trades generating soul for no fight against your soul

What's the best charms to equip for the colosseum?

Who drew this?

The best charms are literally get good, unfortunately.

THe only thing thatn might help is that maxed nail + charged slash one shots the wasps/flies and is very helpful with the mages. So equip the fast charge if you want to pursue that strategy

Not everything is a caste.

Dandies aren't royalty, they're just dandies. They represent a failed attempt at genealogical hierarchy -- what amounts to feudalism.

Soul-twisters are more scholars and scientists than mages -- that's just a side-effect.

I don't get maggots. They're huge and yet they're weak, and they're IRL simply bug children -- and then there's False Knight. I don't get them. It doesn't help I've got a phobia of them.

Mantises are barbarians.

The rest (except bees, I haven't gone there yet) are just animals.

It's way easier to just hit them and git gud at hitting them.

Like gitting gud is the path of least resistance.

Why doesn't this guy fucking save his VoDs.