>2016
>1.5 L
>Turbocharged
>17.5 pounds of boost
>Direct injection
>10.6:1 compression ratio
>170 hp

What did Honda mean by this?

Gas mileage is more in demand than it was then, especially since they can't rely on a car being lightweight after all the safety standards to serve as their way for achieving gas mileage rather than a well engineered engine.

But what about the torque.

Besides that fuck Honda. They lost their way a long time ago.

Pretty much. Civics (even type R's) can get 25-35 mpg while new ex-t's get 30-40 mpg. VX's got better mileage than most hybrids today.

L15B7 gets 162 ft-lbs while B16B had 118 ft-lbs. Although the B16B had an additional 3000 rpm to play with.

Low end torque and a restrictive head designed for fuel economy

Does anyone on Veeky Forums know anything about engines besides just what's on the spec sheet?
The rest of the car makes a huge difference too, the Civic Turbo with a fucking CVT can out run last years Si despite the 30+bhp power gap

Now imagine the power gains with a tune and a ported head

Still shows that even after all that technology, Honda barely improved over itself from 20 years ago.

Also of course it's worse: civics went to shit after 2000.

you are retarded and think it was made for power

thats your problem

It gets 5mpg over a 20 yo engine while producing less power, shitdick.

Civics in the 90s got 35mpg? God damn I wish I knew back then

wat

a EK9 Civic Type R would be lucky to get 30 in its tin can body

1.5T gets over 40 easy in a heavier car

for kicks a modern Type R gets close to 40

Man, you think their road car engines are bad, you should check out their floundering F1 reattempt...

I've hit 54mpg routinely in an '85 crx....

Pretty sure this modern engine could do even better if it weren't strapped down with emissions and safety bullshit

>muh hf with 80 hp and 2000lbs curb weight got gud mpg

92, fucknugget.

54mpg brofist.

*pisses*

hell yeah it did

What I don't get is why they can't make the insane head designs that they were known for for thirty fucking years
All that engineering wizard fucking gone forever

?

>does anyone on Veeky Forums know

No.

80ft/lbs of torque in a 3200lb modern car is a bad combination... 200hp (on a good day) at 9000rpm is far from insane.

So I was missing rwd after the last 4 cars I bought were FWD. I went out and got a 1993 Toyota MR2. 5SFE, Manual, T-tops, Power doors/windows. I purchased it for $2300.

It came with TRD suspension, a newer engine, pealing clear coat, some minor rust, and a ridiculous amount of anime stickers that I spent an hour removing.

Long term goal is 2GRFE swap, upgraded 93+ turbo brakes, finish off suspension, wheels, freshen up the interior, and a respray.

How'd I do br/o/thers?

>$2300
>anime stickers
>rice parts

eeek. You'll still probably write it off before it gives you any issues though.

How is that so much different from a GS-R?

>long time ago
6 years ago. That's not a long time.