Formula 1

Is the holy pinnacle of racing also big in the US or do they only have that one for inbred alcoholics that only turn left because their cars can't handle corners?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PB02Gd_yC_g
youtube.com/watch?v=5UgObvliqFU
youtube.com/watch?v=PLWcWGDZS5o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's Nascar lol

Kek r u talking about nascars AHAHAHAHA GOOD ONE

I'm the only one in the US that likes F1

If anyone tells you otherwise they're lying

I would like F1 a whole lot more if they didn't put the TV cameras on the moon.

That and the pit stops are too short.

F1 hasn't been good since the 80s.

Who the fuck still watches Formula 1? I don't even know who the current Schumacher is.

>Watching Formula 1 or Nascar.
>Watching the most boring motor"""sports""" ever, waiting for a crash or something entertaining to happen.
>You could watch idiots going fast and crashing on Youtube or Liveleak instead.

Exactly the same shit as boxing.
>Watching two dudes fight, waiting for a KO or serious injury, but those don't happen anymore, w/e happens, corrupt judges chose who wins.
>You could be watching MMA/UFC or some hobo/drunks fights on Youtube / Liveleak instead.

watching shitboxes do autocross is way more interesting than either of those.

Shingo would agree with you

This desu, the cameras ruin it. Slow everything down way too much just for muh clarity.
While NASCAR is boring to watch, I have huge amounts of respect for the drivers and teams. All the cars are super equal, and an oval is extremely hard to gain time on but very easy to lose time. A guy can come 20th one race and win the next. And the road course ones are cool.

I believe this actually.

Where would you like the camera's to be? The cars go way too fucking fast to be near the track. You would see nothing.
>Pitstops are too fast
Bruh are you fucking real this actually made me giggle. Audible giggle. But I do agree it's way too regulated and computer now, even though a lot got cut again in the past years

Max Verstappen is my fellow countryman and he's the one I root for. But he's objectively really good as well.

You like different kind of entertainment. If you like spectacular crashes then F1 is not your cup of tea

It certainly has it charm. In fact we do this here in the NL quite a lot.

What's with the camera's? Guys there's no near track close up footage of F1 cars going at an average of 260km/h/161mp/h. You would have to rotate the camera at super human speed but the footage will be shit anyway

I would consider myself a casual F1 fan. I don't follow it religiously but I watch a decent amount of the races.

You're cool

Good point actually

The cameras could follow them?

yuropoor without cable here
how do I watch f1 for free online? is there a stream somewhere?

Burger here.

Personally I don't watch F1. I don't watch NASCAR either. I'm a rally guy.

Road course NASCAR is incredibly entertaining

but no, F1 is not popular here

Just google "*Insert race name here* stream online" day of the race. You'll find some skynews streams. Some have better quality than others.

I watch F1 and MotoGP. I think more people would watch it if most of the races weren't so early in the morning in the hemisphere. They're 6am my time in Colorado (MST).

This Sunday's in Canuckistan is noon, though. Should be a good one

*in this hemisphere

You fag I was going to Canadian GP this saturday but had to cancel for work reasons and you just reminded me I'm no longer going. Dick

>Going to Canada
Not even once

>F1 hasn't been good since the 80s.
Not true.

IMO part of the magic of F1 went away after a few things.

First there was the stick manual going away, then there was the refueling going away, then schumacher left, then alonso went out from renault and his luck ended and so on.

I personally think 2005/2007 were the best lastest years for F1.

I would enjoy a year in which they do away with power steering, any kind of real time tune the team can make from outside the car, having the driver be limited to only modifying the brake bias, going away with DRS, making the tire ruleset non-retarded, and making the engines V8 or V12 or flat engines N/A with uncapped RPM limit.

>I'm Canadian...live about a 2 hour drive from Longeuile...So I'm there...

If you don't spend 400 million in f1 you shouldn't even show up because your not going to be able to compete. F1 is a joke. WEC is much better.

I like watching super trucks. At least they have jumps and shit in them they add to all of their courses. WRC is also good shit along with any type of bike races. 24 hour races are fun but tiring.

youtube.com/watch?v=PB02Gd_yC_g

Motorsports belongs on /sp/, dumb summerfag.

>their cars can't handle corners
youtube.com/watch?v=5UgObvliqFU

Max verstappen will be drivers champ in the next few years if he doesn't die
He's my fav driver currently followed by Daniel ricciardo

Daniel is eternal webber

I think so too. Provided RB steps up their game. But Max is the next king of F1. Max and Ricciardo indeed are most fun drivers at the moment

>every driver has the same exact personality
>no monstrous turbo V6s revving to the heavens as F1 had 30 years ago
>circuits are all Tilkedromes
>hybrid bullshit

Why should I care again?

F1 is gay

We have Indy-car. not as exotic or cutting edge but its fun if you are looking for a open-wheel high revving (not as high as f1 obviously) screamer racing series.

Basically like F1 but nowhere near the budget needed to participate in terms of building and designing an engine and getting a team going. more overtakes happen, more wrecks happen, feels like anyone has the chance to win if they devote themselves to it. i enjoyed myself greatly watching the Indy500 this year.

Not sure what's honda's problem with their engines though. i thought it was just the F1 engines of theirs that chokes up but their indy engines do too and it costed one man the race but also led to the first win ever for a Japanese racer in the indy500.

F1 is faster at cornering with more aero and whatnot although Indy isn't too far off and can run ridiculous cornering speeds itself.

I actually heard people at Formula One were getting concerned at one point in the 90s with the high popularity of CART(is what Indy was called back then before becoming the "Indy Racing League") drawing in so many viewers and drivers from across the globe.

It did die down some after scandals that hurt the series allowing NASCAR to gain more popularity in terms of viewership here.

The 19 year old driving for redbull is an immature fuck and Raikkonen seems crazy enough.

What scandals? and i thought indycar and CART were 2 separate but similar series that mixed together?

Goin to the MTL race this weekend with the lads

Gonna crack about 50 cold ones

>What scandals?
Mercedes, Ilmor and Penske worked together to build an engine to exploit a specific rule allowing OHV engines more boost and displacement than OHC engines. this rule was for the Indy500 only and was meant for smaller engine builders who didn't necessarily have the Funds of Ford, GM, Honda etc using Buick V6 engines before being changed to allow ground up designs. people knew this could potentially be exploited but nobody expected an engine to be built and reliably tested in such a short time not to mention the money it would cost to do so made it seem not worth the effort and no one else really took advantage. The engine was built in less than six months and Penske i believe using tracks they owned helped test the engine in secret. after the race started the 1000+HP demon was unleashed upon its rivals who only had 800 HP. it was like some cheat or hack in Gran Turismo that allowed frame-rate crashing speed and this caused outrage and split up Indy and CART. I believe it went down as one of the most powerful race-cars of its era because of this perfect storm of rules and exploiting.

>and i thought indycar and CART were 2 separate but similar series that mixed together?
Yes, you are right my mistake. after the split it didn't have the international appeal it once did or even the national appeal and NASCAR use that to become the more popular national motorsport.

So basically "he exploited our weakpoint we must fuck shit up"?

Why not balance shit out then? if they achieved 1000hp+ then let the DOHC guys achieve the same power.

Buff instead of nerf.

development in F1 has been stagnant due to corruption
its always the same 3 teams winning

It wasn't necessarily anything they could do as far as the split goes Manufacturers and drivers went where they wanted to go. USAC (United States Auto Club) that sanctions the Indy500 made that rule and the Indy Racing League does not allow it and wanted everyone to use OHC engines of the same displacement. since the Indy500 is the only race under USAC it was allowed for that race only but then it was quickly changed so everyone would be at 800 HP the engine design that was worked so hard on was rendered useless afterwards and the money behind it lost and the blocks paper weights as it was now against new restrictions set (the engine was designed as an exploit anyway and wouldn't stand a chance on a level playing field)..
youtube.com/watch?v=PLWcWGDZS5o

His dad beats every woman he's ever been with and everyone knows that Finns are autist snow monkeys.

>His dad beats every woman he's ever been with
Just like womans should be treated.

>Finns are autist snow monkeys.

Which is as close as an Veeky Forums user will get to being a race driver. It also makes raikkonen so interesting sometimes. He's borderline autistic i think

Indycar is better than both. Big ovals, small ovals, street courses, circuits, ten times more passing than F1, twice as fast as NASCAR, better looking cars than either.

Same. I watch WRC but you only get a handful of lives stages a month. Are there any other good rallies I should be watching? I'm kind of new to it.

Shit, replied to the wrong post.