/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Old Thread >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/

/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
Every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules: a.pomf.cat/jzmnvh.jpg

/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password=/bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1doP2HShMmJcHZFTNSZ3yVFxbUu4U1aO6yHIk9-wQ1Wo/edit#gid=222193878
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>there are vilebloods in the thread right now

kos>kosm

>type a big post in the last thread without looking at the post count
>it was pointless because the thread was deader than the Byrgenwerth watchman at that point

Chikage is the BEST weapon and you can't do SHIT about it, fucking choir cuckold

First timer here.
I just killed the bloodthirsty beast and after 1 hour i found out that some door opened in the cathedral ward. I felt dumb

But my question is, how important are vit and end ? I picked the cane as weapon because I wanted to do a skill build.
Now I cant decide what to do with vit and end, i put both on 15 for now and skill on 24.
What should i concentrate on? or does it not really matter. And when do I find or be able to buy another skill weapon? that kirchen hammer and the sword are not to my liking for weapons.

>chikage

thats an odd way to spell wheel my man

Vit is important, you could play the entire game and never level endurance and be fine. Don't listen to the reddit meme fags in this thread who level END beyond base

you're a meta loving faggot if you never level end
the only reason you dickheads don't level it is because it's not meta to swing more than twice at a time in pvp

Any of you lads up for some Orphan? Pass: kos

>I felt dumb
Honestly don't. The little creatures in the fountain in Hunter's Dream also sell a key item that unlocks a lot of the Cathedral Ward.

>when I will be able to find another skill weapon?

I used the Reiterpallasch which you can find around in 2 levels from now but only with very intense exploration. You can also kill a female hunter in a plague doctor mask to get a pretty decent skill weapon.

I dont even play pvp :/
I dont even summon people to help.
I just play the game for the first time. A little endurance surely help in PVE doesnt it?

And when will more skill weapon appear, I love the cane but the range sucks and whip is gay.

Ludwig's cheese blade does good damage even with just a SKL build. Saw spear is okay too. You can already get it since you've beaten bloodstarved beast. The other good SKL weaps are dlc or in the Darkwraith's castle.

my best advice is for you to stop posting and leave the general because you're going to wish you played it blind once you're done
enjoy the ride and level the stats you should deem useful to the weapons you are using

That one for 10k? I already bought that without knowing what I could use it for. What does it open anyways?

Looks cool. Might pick that up.

I noticed how much hidden shit is in Bloodborne. IS there anything vital in the first areas that you should definatly pick up ?
Im anxious i missed something( even tho i will probably play this game 10 times since i love it so much already, it blows DS2 and 3 out of the water)

You'll miss important shit, that's OK. A harmless tip should be to check known pnj every then and now, like after some boss.

church cannon worth it for a wheel/moonlight build or nah?
it looks fucking cool

known pnj?

disregard, I thought the requirements were 16 arc and not bloodtinge
why can't I have an arcane cannon

because the hunter tools eat up all your bullets
why would you want the cannon when you can cast superior projectiles like exec gloves for less bullets?

>create my first FRC ever
>"w-well it can't be too bad, i bet it's hardly different from other chalices aside from the fact that I have less hp"
>walk into the first layer
>4 dogs, 2 molotov pthoo in loos, 1 with poison daggers and one hooded hook&rifle guy all cramped on one side of the hall

because an arcane cannon would be fucking MINT lad

CRF dungeons do not fuck around. Welcome to end-game!

>he still hasn't found the 5 bell maidens and 10 witches droping your game to 1 frame per minute
Have fun user

>dying to shadows over 6 times
>dying to Rom
Thats it. Time to start Persona.

Good morning, farming user.

Good morning. How did you knew it was me?

Insight

I'm going to bed to read lovecraft's complete fiction again
goodnight /bbg/

But it's morning.

it's three minutes past eight, pm (past midday)

I've got his entire collection as an ebook, it's fucking 13mb. I'm about halfway through I think. it's pretty good but not the sort of thing i can marathon, I just read a story here and there when i poo.

It's 10 pm, slow cunt

>sydneyfags

>living in meme time zones
it's 14:12 ffs

It's not 10pm in sydney cunt it's 10pm in brisbane

FUCKING OUTSIDERS
GET OFF MY GENERAL

/bbg/ is an AUSTRALIAN general
We OWN you cunts

Can you guys even connect to the bloodborne servers?

It takes a while but we manage
I make sure to turn region locking off so you can enjoy my lag cannon

we get to play in the same timezone as nippon so you can take that to the bank you homo african or wherever the fuck it is you live that it's mid afternoon right now

>all of these australians
now I know why fc is laggy as shit

im running a 50/25 build, for my church pick am i best off using heavy radial, thrust radial, phys triangle or is there something im missing

50/25 benefits the most from heavy abyssals

>tfw gankers with Canons and Bowblades
you can't just lead elixir through this shit

Fucking kangaroos hopping all of the place

There are thrust triangles as well, you'll probably be better off going for two tempering or two adept gems along with a heavy radial gem.

fuck brisbane almost everyone there is subhuman garbage

For max damage you go with 1 Heavy Abyssal and 2 32% thrust but these are hard to come by and while the is mosly thrust damage some move will be pathetic.
For ok damage you can go 1 HA and 2 27% for the whole moveset.
You can also mix it like you said, it's your choice.

Ok I just beat the game and I have several questions. What the hell was Maria doing making the living failures, or did she make them? What was she trying to do? Combat Kos? And also was all of this actually a dream? Because one of the endings, you actually wake up like nothing has happened? Also, just a side note fuck the orphan of Kos, fought that fucker all damn day, then went to Gerhman and beat him second try

Putting elemental gems in a weapon with BLT scaling now only converts the physical damage. How much more viable are ARC/BLT builds?

I FUCKING SUCK
I constantly keep dying at the dogs right next to the first big monster dude.
fuck how do i git gud i just keep fucking up, this is not even funny or intresting anymore

I play with an Australian sometimes and he actually doesn't have terrible lag. I'm in US.

Maria was overseeing the experiments of the Church. The Failures and the big head drip drops are Celestial Emissary prototypes.

This doesn't fix anything. You still can only use half of the weapon.

You need more eyes.

You can avoid the dogs' attacks by dodging while they're still running at you, before they attack, because you know they're going to attack while they're running at you, then counterattack. Alternatively, any blood damage (like from your gun) will knock dogs on their asses, and you can just camp over them and hit them when they get up.

Read the dream cycle of HP Lovecraft
>inb4 it works differently here
shut your mouth no it doesn't
Dreams are not illusory and less substantial than waking reality, but a different plane of reality altogether which may be traversed through the medium of sleep. The protagonist may exit or enter the hunter's dream through some mystic mechanism like the infusion at the start of the game.

Who /gemfarmlife/ here?

But there was a legitimate Celestial Emissary, though, right? In the Choir Loft, the one that turns huge? To me, it's always felt like they designed the Celestial Minions after the main Emissary, maybe found it in Isz like they did Ebrietas.

I liked it, user.

On the Reiterpallasch, it seems like the Blades of Mercy but worse, given similar damage and a slower speed. At least, using both on the same build doesn't have much of a point. It's neat that it's a right-handed gun, though- but you can already hold a gun in your off-hand and you'll have decent guns on a Bloodtinge build. What exactly is the point? Maybe if it somehow scaled with Arcane so you could both use a gun and the Rosmarinus...

I've been grinding this shit out for the past 6 hours of playtime, and have gotten 2 usable 27.2s. This is supposed to be an easy gem to get.

I used the fuck out of the rieter on my first playthrough, I found its moveset greatly useful and the piercing damage is good too

I have one at 120. It's difficult to achieve at 98 with good weapon damage. My stats are decently thin. 40 blt/50 arc. I farmed some OOS bloodtinge damps to compensate on my chikage. Don't bother trying to make an arc chikage or something fucking retarded. Use bloodtinge weapons with tools and rosmarinus/Evelyn while also having saw spear/saif that's elemental on a bloodtinge build. That's the uniqueness of it. So many options for weapons and projectiles.

I gave up with two 25,26,26

Tried that, the three guys in there with the dogs gang raped me and i fucked up rolling away.
I've died to this three times in a row now.
I hate to self pity but i'm way too fucking dumb for this game.

27.2 tempering? :/
Shit luck user. Sometimes you have times where it takes ages, sometimes you get back to back 27s. Keep going.

Either way, they are experiments of the Church, it even says so in their name: "Living Failures".

it took me a week to get good gems for my parasite build and on my first run for blunts today i got a 27.2 arc triangle offshape from watchers

That goes without saying that they're experiments, but I still think they, along with the Celestial Minions, were modeled after the real Celestial Emissary, the big one.

Triangle arcane OOS from watchers? Uhh.....what dungeon?
Also post your kos gems friend!

It's possible since they are at chalices too but it's hard to say because chalice dungeons are fucking confusing.

Why does living failures have such a balling soundtrack? It so damn good

it was from the normal layer 1 watchers in the ihyll everone uses fr 27.2 phys. dont have a screenshot but ill take one later. iirc its just a basic cold abyssal with 26% arcs, i didnt go full autism in the end, really wish you could move gems between charcters

You know those gems are really bad unless you spam L2 explosion, right?

I've never had problems killing the dogs before the people even get close. If you're ambushing the one by the fountain, then immediately going after the other dog, they should both be dead by the time the humans can get their pants up from around their ankles.

Yea it's tempering. I've gotten two 27.2 kin down gems, and everything else is 25.3 or 26.3

Damn so it was OOS AAAANNND OOE?! That's amazing. Sucks that it was triangle but I guess it doesn't matter since you were farming blunts on that build. You say 26""s""" like you have more than one on your parasite? Do you have another OOS from watchers on it?

What is OOE?

Not him, but probably Out Of Effect.

I know exactly how good/bad they are. I didn't before I started farming them. They're the best I have on that character though. They give the highest multi-hit attacks (not that many unfortunately) at 70 arc. At 50 arc, where I should have left the character (reeee) they're actually the best all around, except on very high multiplier attacks like the r2. Still, compared to the better setup for 70 arc, these gems are not that much lower in general melee.
Pic related are some of the best gems for melee.

W-What's Out of Effect? Isn't that just a normal Watcher gem?

Thank you for the feedback. What is a pale blood? You are said to be one but what does that mean?

Out of effect. The Ihyll dungeon drops mainly tempering/adept and physical scaling effects. Arcane is not found there, except very very rarely. This means it's the wrong effect. I've gotten some of these OOE gems too. It's rarer than OOS though. To get both at the same time is an unreal amount of luck. You need to play the lottery.

Nobody knows. Some think it's the Doll, others think it's Moon Presence and some think the Doll is Moon Presence.

Vilebloods did literally everything wrong

queensland is the best state and brisbane is the best city, deal with it fag

Does anyone have the spreadsheet that shows the individual move scaling of weapons?

SPECULATION ALERT
>seek paleblood to transcend the hunt
Paleblood refers to the moon presence and aspects of the moon presence.
>the nameless moon presence beckoned by Laurence and his associates. Paleblood
Laurence fucked around with the old blood in the tombs, causing the beast plague through some action of the moon presence.
The minister at the beginning refers to you as paleblood and throughout the game you are referred to as smelling of the moon and such bullshit, you are tainted by some aspect of the moon presence even before the dream. I like to take it literally in that you bear the blood of the moon presence through some ancestor like yharnam's child because demonic ancestral tainting and miscegenation is the greatest theme of Lovecraft's work.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1doP2HShMmJcHZFTNSZ3yVFxbUu4U1aO6yHIk9-wQ1Wo/edit#gid=222193878
Is this in the OP? I had it on my computer but I don't know where it came from.

Yea my fault. I found it in the OP. The problem was that in the OP it was only labeled under Arcane gem scaling.

>causing the beast plague through some action of the moon presence.
The game doesn't specify that the Moon Presence is the source of the scourge, it blames the Mensis ritual for trying to beckon and cause the red moon.

>The minister at the beginning refers to you as paleblood
He says "Oh yes, pale blood...heh." like you are asking about it.

>you are tainted by some aspect of the moon presence even before the dream
Everything in the game takes place after you make a contract and become a Hunter.

Beasthunter saif is for sick cunts

Would being able to drop items for other players be the best thing you could change in this game? Gem farming would be that much less hellish.

It would be the worst thing to change in this game. Everyone would have Korean gems at BL4 and defeat the purpose of dungeon spelunking

no, think of the consequences user
>every single shitter ganksquad would have top-tier gems without effort
>lesser reward for spelunking
>constant begging in every related community

>Gem farming would be that much less hellish.
This is true, there would be no gem farming at all. Once one gem of the best possible kind was found everyone one would use a copy of it, never using their own hard earned gems. Playing the game would have no reward.

that's right, NEVER post your ideas again

Being able to drop weapons would be nice, but gems not so much. Being able to do true and proper Bloodletter, Burial Blade, Beast Claw et cetera playthroughs on NG would be sweet.

I wouldn't even say that, it would make going into certain areas pointless. If we could drop weapons, even runes, what would be the point of doing dungeons for the right variations? Part of the fun there is the discovery and uncertainty, at least for me.
If we could start dropping things, I would say start with consumables but not the Cords and work from there.

Doesn't matter anyway, Bloodborne is never getting another patch