ITT: "oh yeah, that was actually a thing"

Ever remember one of those cars that you could have sworn were never actually made? That were in magazines and posters, but you always wrote off as concept cars, but forgot were actually made?

I would get one if a good deal arose

I've seen a couple

My dad recently bought one 2 weeks ago.

I've seen lots of those, There's one down my street. These pieces of shit are a lot more rare.

hhhnnnggg

I legitimately had no idea that these existed. I saw one when I was on vacation and driving into Seattle.

The guy driving it was some Pahjeet who had debadged it and caged it. I was absolutely confused by it. It looked almost like an Aston Martin from the front (with the mods he added)

My boss drives one with a borla exhaust system. Sounds pretty good.

I heard the SRT package crossfires were actually kind of fun to drive.

My brother in law got one when they came out. Sold it in a month.

>chrysler
>ever

I saw one last week north Myrtle Beach in Murrel's Inlet. It was actually hauling ass around a line of traffic I was in through a yellow striped area to make a green left hand turn arrow. Actually got to hear its V8 for like the first time ever.

it was good enough for the cat in the hat

>someone actually thinks that looks good

thats just a badly made mercedes slk

I see both of these on occasion. Not extremely common, but I've seen them maybe 4-5 times each since I moved to the US in 2015.
I've only seen 2 since 2015.

I remember seeing these things in magazines and shit back in the day

ads
reviews
that price tag

then its like they never made it to the streets and I forgot they existed until this thread

I see these form time to time and its always some old boomer at the wheel

ugly shits

>that pic

more like Fords money was good enough

saw one the other day, had to do a double take to make sure it said PHAETON on it.

I swore these were one-off promo cars or million-dollar supercars.

>mfw over 10,000 sold

>Ford
>GM

Here's the Chrysler

I actually really liked the Phaeton I drove at the dealership I worked at. It didn't make sense, it defnitely competing with proper German luxury cars like the 7-seriea with none of the brand prestiege

>Someone got paid a fuckton of money to design it and others got paid a fuckton to give it the green light for production.

Looks very mild.

I guess all 10,000 of these are located in my hometown. That said, it does have a fucking massive population of tasteless boomers

Fucking Prowlers...

This happened to me too.
I saw one on my entire lifetime and I live in Yurp

i had no idea they still made this pile of shit GMT400 in 2000

who would consciously buy this knowing that the new GMT800 suburban and tahoe were already out? and you could also get them with a nicer interior?

Remember the Ford Five Hundred?

these make me hopeful for some sort of 80's revival cars

they will probably fuck up and make them ugly like these but i can dream

I was behind one at a Taco Bell drivethru. Don't think I've ever seen another.
I've only seen 2.

yes i do, neighbor had one

Yes, they come in for oil changes all the time at my quick lube joint, as well as the Mercury Montego version. It's just a Taurus, they even renamed it to Taurus/Sable for 2008 because the name Five Hundred meant nothing to anyone.

Back in the days when I was a kid, I saw one in car magazine. Shit was stunning as hell.

I see one of these regularly. Can't tell if someone that works at the college owns it, but it's always across the street.

I've seen one of these once and still don't believe it

Used to work at a gas station in which there was a regular customer with one of these. He was a fat boomer and all around asshole in the store

Much like how the Crossfire was just a discount lower build quality SLK, the SRT-6 was just a discount lower build quality SLK 32 AMG.

I have one of these.

Saw one of these the other day at a Publix. I completely forgot they existed until then.