What's a good cafe racer for a first timer?

What's a good cafe racer for a first timer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sbu6nXV3xZ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cafe Racers are a meme.
Get a 250 or 300cc streetbike.

I want a cafe racer. Thanks for the bump though

Honda CB
Kawasaki Z or ZR
Triumph Thruxton
Husqvarna is making a bike for 2019 that's pretty cafe racerish. All in all avoid cafe racers for a first bike. They are most likely beat to shit and chopped up poorly

Whats so special about a cafe racer and P.S. that looks fuking awesome.

I fell in love with these bikes before I knew what a cafe racer was. Pic is a CB500 but for some reason not all of them look like that.

CX>CB at least for a cafe

why no muffler and fender? looks like trash

Coming from someone who's been riding for years - don't get a cafe racer. You're gonna be paying out of your ass in hipster tax for a bike that's essentially been chopped up and will devalue once the hipsters inevitably move on to 80s/90s sports bikes (which is already starting to happen).

If you're absolutely hooked on the cafe racer meme, it's much cheaper to buy an old shitbike (basically any CB/CX Honda, Z/ZR Kawa, and most pre-80s bikes ) and convert it into a cafe racer yourself.

I would recommend getting an older bike and restoring it rather than chopping it up and destroying it - you still get a vintage look, but the bike will maintain its value better in the long term. It's also just as rewarding in terms of the enjoyment you get from returning a bike to its former glory.

Please stop chopping up cx500s?

Get a street tracker.

Cafe racer is meme bike. Don't.

>first timer
Especially don't.
This guy is smart. Listen to this guy.

If you buy a cafe racer, you'll love it for 3 months, and then notice how literally nobody else has a cafe racer, and the bikers who do see you are like "lol look at this dude with the cafe racer."

The only thing more meme than a cafe racer is a 250. Caveat: I fucking love 250s. Do what makes you happy.

I agree with him, I have a moto guzzi v50 mk3 that we have semi restored with a bunch of new goodies. It was a project bike for a while, and now runs good.
I would never do crazy bubbafied stuff to it. The cafe style drop bars are dope imo.

Its just an 80s bike made to ride worse.

Get whatever you feel like raping and enjoy your slow, unstable and uncomfortable ride.

Nobody who rode a cafe racer back then did so because they liked the look. They just couldnt get anything faster.

Unironically going to agree with tripfag here.
youtube.com/watch?v=sbu6nXV3xZ4

>whats a good cafe racer for a first time

Obviously one with a holster for your 12" black dildo.

>steel tube frame
>steel tube swingarm
>forks smaller than your dick

If you want to wobble and crash in corners because it's a motorized bicycle, sure

Make sure it's based off a somewhat modern design at the least

Ruined classics are shit for riding and shit for looking at.

Chop up a Suzuki GS500.

Or a Ninja 500 as well.

>want an old cb
>they're all cafe memers

I dont know anything about bikes but I like the style of this Honda RC166 race bike

Whats the closest thing I can get to it as a street bike? Doesn't have to be a 2 stroke either.

I like the design of it.

Would this be considered a "cafe racer" or not really?

HD has parts for their sportsters to give them the cafe look. If you're interested in going the more pricy route.

these things are the faggiest concept for a bike ever

the originals were even worse. who gives a fuck about mods and rockers, god damn euros have zero sense of cool

Kawasaki W800