/mhg/ - Monster Hunter

>MHXX News
Update 1.1 w/ Eng Patch v2.1: my.mixtape.moe/bkbjso.png
English Patch Project: gbatemp.net/threads/465296/
MHGen to MHX Save Transfer: pastebin.com/Z1PPuX5F
Ping's Dex and Kiranico now support XX.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: Shagaru Magala, Blacklist, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1QypuhqMGb4
google.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for Guildmarm.

Frenzy was a mistake.

>Drop MHGen when entering High Rank
>Friend of mine helped me out with some HR quests allowing me to get the final level basic CB with 230 raw and green sharpness
>Get back to MHXX with old save file
>Play a bit of the High Rank village
>Use different weapons but come back to CB in Brave Mode eventually
>Runs are 6-12 mins top (lengthiest was Gravios)
>Make Rathalos Armor, get Blunt talisman
>Decide to make a different weapon, lets try this Silverwind Nargacuga suff
>Get my ass raped so hard it made me wonder if i ever played this game before
>22 Mins later, 10 First Aid Meds, 6 Mega Potions, 1 Cart later i killed it
>It was a lvl 1 Silverwind Narga

Well that was a load of bullshit, guess im not touching that part of the game.
Reposting to let everyone know how much of a casual i am.

If high rank village is taking you 6-12 minutes with a 230 CB then you really need to attack more often because those are my times with 150 raw DBs
Also deviants are a lot stronger than their counterparts, "low-rank" deviants may as well be mid-HR

Play MH for fun! It's really fun!

Silverwind Narga is a real cunt. I think its the only one out of all the special permits that I have trouble with as well. And he gets so much fucking worse when in higher levels. Just bust through it with people online.

It's the worst deviants and with everyone falling for the meme of thinking its gear is good you're forced to hunt it all the time in turns rooms.

>MHXX is the easiest game in the whole franchise!
>MHXX is SO UNFAIR it's IMPOSSIBLE TO SOLO THESE THINGS

4U babies can't even get their story straight.

When can you start requesting nectar? I'm playing hammer now but I would like to play a new weapon and IG looks fun. But leveling bugs look gay as fuck and I need that option to just buy the nectar.

Is there a skill that affects the Brave gauge? Either for faster charging or longer red? I feel so neutered when it runs out that it hardly feels worth it.

It should really never run out because you recharge it by attacking the monster. Don't tell me you're not attacking the monster enough to keep Brave active? That's the whole POINT of the style. They give you a dodge specifically so you can play hyper aggressively.

Insight

Dropping MH for even a couple weeks gives you a hell of a time when coming back to it, you have to chug at least 6 mega pots per hunt, you get hit by shit you wouldn't even notice before, and stuff that even though it was a bit tough, was still doable when you were playing consistently just instantly triple carts you.

I've been charm farming for the last 3 days so I don't have to deal with that quite yet.
FUCK CHARMS.

>tfw fights are no built around reactions rather than planning
>tfw swapping to Striker LBG against Silverwind Narga and getting a better time was purely due to RNG, and not due to the conscious decision to shave off the forced adept action following an evade
>tfw I am the cancer that is killing this series

Just trap the monster and refill.

Oh shit, really? You can maintain the red indefinitely, it doesn't just automatically go down over time? I'm just getting the hang of the new movesets so I haven't really been playing in top form.

but you also have to fight him in the volcano. his fire explosions on the ground are almost instant and one shot

Yeah it doesn't go up as much as it does when it's not active, but attacking DOES increase it while it is active.

MHXX isn't much different than MHX so how is it "harder" or "easier".

You just need to learn the fight. The Deviants are a substantial step up in difficulty from the rest of the game. Give it two or three more hunts and you'll be in a much better spot.

>Unironically having trouble with the evasion tutorial
>Thinking his gear is bad
It's a good thing nobody has ever used it for speedruns, or you might look like you're full of shit.

>he still charm farms
>he hate it yet he still does it
save edit, for your own health

>call monster obnoxious
>somehow bad at it

Any G rank rooms up?

I hate fighting Raths

make one my dude

SO how do I do this... just download+install MHXX, then scan+install the QR code?

>Unironically having fun using Aerial IG's Ultima Vault when dodging attacks

I would but my SD Card reader is shot and I'm broke as fuck.
Feels like the universe itself is mocking me at this point, got like 2 Sharpness +5 --- and one Tenderizer +5 --- charms today. I'm breaking.

20-7919-4902-6840

G rank turns

There isn't one out for XX yet, right?

I'd use it in a heartbeat to get legit charms. They should never have been added to the game in the first place, it just meant that armor sets could get by with being shitty because "Whaaaat, just put a +10 attack +5 Focus charm on it and it's fiiine".

Mixed sets were more fun in Freedom Unite.

>use IG
>vault just for kicks
>dodge attack i couldn't have done usually

>use IG
>vault to dodge move
>get hit right in the fucking face

why

I will definitely come if you make one. I just finished diablos and I'm looking to start pushing through G rank with some anons

save edit in Gen, then convert and transfer to XX

When you transfer saves do you get the chance to change hunter gender?

There was one a week into XX release

c-can I join if Im only G2?

Got a link handy?

There's a charm editor but the save editor seems sketchy and chinese.
Google it

>22 minute clear time
>Not bad at it
Pick one

>unironically save editing
This shit only started happening when 4U came out.

youtube.com/watch?v=1QypuhqMGb4

>Guild LS
>No defensive options whatsoever except for AR which he uses for repositioning and maintaining sharpness most of the time rather than as a get out of jail free card
>Avoid damage mainly by good positioning and knowing what the monster would do

Where's that "super deviants are unfair bullshit designed around evasion styles" guy now?

It's almost like unnecessarily long, RNG ridden grinds make people want to cheat.

>unironically charm farming
at least you could manipulate rng in 3U, now it's just bullshit.

google.com/

That's not me.

>18'37
>meanwhile brave memes does it in half that

Does Brave LS get a backhop? I saw a backhop in there. Hard to tell though because the compression artifacts in that video are insultingly bad.

This guy's Japanese. They have built in Evasion +2 as a racial perk.

I was against the idea at first but I can't take this shit anymore man, cut me some slack.

>complaining about hacking in RNG dependent items in a PVE game

>not gathering
>no pass

The backhop is from Sakura Slash.

MHXX G Rank Turns

40-0162-2264-6905

Usual pass

Oh shit you're right. I thought it was Brave because the part I watched hadn't gotten off any spirit slashes and all I saw was a full red bar.

oo-

>join a room in Gen
>I'm only HR1
>host posts Glavenus quest
>there's 2 guys that are HR99
>both HR99 guys come close to carting multiples times
>meanwhile I'm dodging through shit and smacking this fucker with my puny weapons with ease despite never having fought a Glavenus before
>only got hit once during the fight

These HR99s are the kind of French that stay back in the camp during hunts and have people carry them from LR to HR aren't they?

The moment melding is fixed to allow charms to be deterministically upgraded towards a perfect value, I'll stop cheating.

Silverwind is hard to fight with CB since it rarely charges you unlike regular Nargacuga who gets destroyed by CB. Thunder dual blades shred him the best.

there's a point where you don't give a fuck anymore and stop trying to avoid hits since nothing does damage in gen

>tfw nothing does damage in Gen, ever
>tfw I get one shot by event hypers
Same lol

Prowlers were a mistake

>his tavern music isn't 24/7 J-pop

Fucking normies

>there are still prowler only quests
>they are still gathering or fight dromes
>gaijinfucker never stops shilling his furriness

o--

Your mother not aborting you was a mistake.

Let's Nyansu and the MHXX are gutter-trash. Cute Felyne is almost acceptable

gaijin hunter pls

>there are people that play as a prowler and do fuck all during hunts

Prowlers are the best weapon.

Keep crying bitch nigger

>monster hunter stories full translation patch not due until """roughly"""" may

I've waited long enough!

>not rocking Proof of Hero (J-Pop Arrangement)
shit tastes senpaitachi

Voice 11 was a fucking mistake

WITNESSED

>tfw Mantis meme weapons are all this thread will ever use
>tfw everything it outclassed by 510 raw, 30% affinity infinite technicolour sharpness Egyptian themed nonsense sticks

which monster would you raise as your very own child

is this copypasta or are people just not actually looking at weapon lists anymore

Why does this dumb cat look so dumb

Nice armor for brave style diablos hbg before starting g1?

joe

I already have R-series unlocked, but how do I unlock XR series?

Rathian. I'd turn her into a sex slave as well

I want to bully Gammoth. I want to scold her to tears and throw her into pool. I want to take her gummies and eat them in front of her. Then I'll force-feed her with lemon-flavored gummies, palm after palm. I want to call her a stinky and take her snow so she has to going commando for the rest of the trip. I want to mock her inability to put her kimono by herself, so I'll strip her every once in a while, yelling what one day, she'll be glad to be able to dress up herself. Also, I'll take her felyne hairpins, making her long blue hair cover her private parts. And when I'll give kimono back to her, I'll make sure to put Mr. Ants in every single pleat.

>raise as your very own child
>sex slave

>user cares THIS much about me
silly user, you're making me blush

Are we talking about actual monsters

>tfw Mantis will eclipse the sun with its all-consuming mono-weapon meta

you need to do the quests for the smithy girl

no we're talking about nabiru
nya~

Nabilposters look out for each other

>he listens to idol shit instead of normal tavern music
blacklisted

>*rocks your path*

Yes and? It's not like it would actually be my child.

>*bites behind you*

Give me a good reason why I should ever stop maining lance. I've been a lance only main since MH3.